HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > Columbus Blue Jackets
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

CBJ Prospect Thread III

Closed Thread

Old
12-22-2012, 09:51 PM
Gagnefan924
Need Moar AmericanZ

vCash: 500
Call me whatever you want but its damn nice to see some of these prospects really showing the want to win. Even when its gritty open ice checks like that one. Sure its probably a couple seconds late but once you commit, you commit. Anyone who has played hockey knows that especially at the speed he was obviously going at, its pretty hard to just stop and bail out. I'm not saying I want dirty players but I want guys who are hard to play against. Jenner is exactly that.

Old
12-22-2012, 11:21 PM
Sore Loser
HF Partner

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gagnefan924 View Post
Call me whatever you want but its damn nice to see some of these prospects really showing the want to win. Even when its gritty open ice checks like that one. Sure its probably a couple seconds late but once you commit, you commit. Anyone who has played hockey knows that especially at the speed he was obviously going at, its pretty hard to just stop and bail out. I'm not saying I want dirty players but I want guys who are hard to play against. Jenner is exactly that.
I agree, whatever you want ... we do have some excellent, hard working, will-to win type players in the system. This is the kind of culture change that has always been necessary for our franchise.

Old
12-23-2012, 02:10 AM
JacketsFanWest

Quote:
Originally Posted by bizoncol View Post
Blue Jackets karma at work:

Murray is injured
Jenner will be suspended
Reilly "played himself out"
Dansk is gonna watch tournment from the stands

Korpisalo is the only CBJ prospect at the WJC. Something probably is gonna happen to him over the next week.

You forgot Lukas Sedlak.

Old
12-23-2012, 02:32 AM
mikko1995

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sore Loser View Post
The question I beg is, had the Swedish kid not been so obviously injured on the play, and had skated to the bench as Maatta had after the check last year, would the penalty have been as severe? I watched last year's hit so closely, so many times. I won't argue that the hit today was late, because it absolutely was ... I agree with all of you there.

One thing I'll mention is that Boone Jenner isn't on the team to do what he does in junior. With Oshawa, he's counted on to be a leader, plays on the powerplay, and is their top line presence. With Team Canada, he's a depth/role player, likely to spend much of his ice time on the third and fourth lines, expected to kill penalties and provide a physical presence. This will likely be his role in the NHL if/when he gets there, so this is the kind of play we should all expect to see from him. Hopefully not quite this reckless though
No. The reason he was thrown out is because of the IIHF rules. If a play can be called a penalty, and due to the play the opposing player gets injured, the minor will automatically become a major. The only exception to this rule is high-sticking which has the double-minor standard.

Old
12-23-2012, 07:58 AM
EspenK

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sore Loser View Post
I agree, whatever you want ... we do have some excellent, hard working, will-to win type players in the system. This is the kind of culture change that has always been necessary for our franchise.
Shirley, you are a man who adheres to people's wishes

Old
12-23-2012, 01:32 PM
Sore Loser
HF Partner

Quote:
Originally Posted by EspenK View Post
Shirley, you are a man who adheres to people's wishes
I aim to please

Old
12-23-2012, 06:39 PM
Crede777
Deputized

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gagnefan924 View Post
This. It wasn't even a few seconds late. It was just barely less than 1.

Sorry that the Swede got injured, but I want to see those types of hits from Jackets players. I want them to hit hard. I want them to finish their checks. And I want the opposing players to be on their backs.

I'm not advocating flying elbows or hitting from behind. I'm advocating laying someone out when they watch their passes. That's the type of intensity I want to see.

Old
12-24-2012, 04:39 PM
Jaxs
HFBoards Sponsor

Jenner gets 3 game suspension.

Kukla's Korner .com‏@kuklaskorner

Canada's Boone Jenner suspended 1st 3 games of WJC. If you missed the hit.. http://kuklaskorner.com/hockey/comme...ournament-game

Old
12-24-2012, 04:48 PM
stevo61

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jaxs View Post
Jenner gets 3 game suspension.

Kukla's Korner .com‏@kuklaskorner

Canada's Boone Jenner suspended 1st 3 games of WJC. If you missed the hit.. http://kuklaskorner.com/hockey/comme...ournament-game
Pretty angry about the suspension. Too much in my opinion. i could see 1 or maybe even 2 games but they probably figured it would hurt a lot more if he misses a pretty meaningful game against the americans and make a bit of an example

Old
12-25-2012, 03:40 AM
crazy Kassian
The North Remembers

I bet all 30 teams would love to have a guy like Jenner

Old
12-25-2012, 09:10 AM
bizzz*

http://www.worldjunior2013.com/en/ch...d-states/#list
Looks like Reilly made the team. He's one of six defensemen on the official roster so far.

Old
12-25-2012, 11:17 AM
GoJackets1
Someday.

Korpisalo drew much praise from the NHLN announcers working the USA-Finland game. Looked much like he did at development camp, very sound positionally.

Old
12-25-2012, 11:24 AM
bizzz*

Quote:
Originally Posted by gojackets1 View Post
Korpisalo drew much praise from the NHLN announcers working the USA-Finland game. Looked much like he did at development camp, very sound positionally.
He's already named a starter for the tournament opener against Latvia.

Old
12-25-2012, 11:53 AM
CBJWennberg41
Formerly CBJBrassard

Its official. Mike Reilly makes the Team USA team.

Old
12-26-2012, 09:36 AM
JacketsFanWest

Lukas Sedlak had the Czechs' only goal in their loss to Sweden. He's also the captain of the Czech team.

Old
12-27-2012, 10:35 PM
CBJWennberg41
Formerly CBJBrassard

Mike Reilly played well today for USA> I believe he was a +2, and his breakout pass set up the first goal although he wasn't credited with an assist.

He's #6

Old
12-27-2012, 10:51 PM
bizzz*

Quote:
Originally Posted by CBJBrassard16 View Post
Mike Reilly played well today for USA> I believe he was a +2, and his breakout pass set up the first goal although he wasn't credited with an assist.
He set up the goal for Sean Kuraly, who is Dublin,OH native. Also Dublin is the only American city with 2 representatives on the team USA roster.

Old
12-28-2012, 02:14 AM
smitty10

Looks like a good showing for the Blue Jackets at the WJC. Really think that this team will be good going forward. Just in this tournament alone you see a future top 6 forward in Jenner, possible future head goalie in Korpisalo, Czech captain Lukas Sedlak showing why he has the potential to be a very good 3rd liner with leadership abilities and Mike Reilly making the USA squad. Add Ryan Murray into the mix and this group looks very, very good.

You guys could have a full leadership core going forward just from the last two drafts:

C- Ryan Murray
A- Boone Jenner
A- Lukas Sedlak

Character group right there.

Old
12-28-2012, 02:19 AM
slightlystewpid420

Quote:
Originally Posted by smitty10 View Post
Looks like a good showing for the Blue Jackets at the WJC. Really think that this team will be good going forward. Just in this tournament alone you see a future top 6 forward in Jenner, possible future head goalie in Korpisalo, Czech captain Lukas Sedlak showing why he has the potential to be a very good 3rd liner with leadership abilities and Mike Reilly making the USA squad. Add Ryan Murray into the mix and this group looks very, very good.

You guys could have a full leadership core going forward just from the last two drafts:

C- Ryan Murray
A- Boone Jenner
A- Lukas Sedlak

Character group right there.
Don't forget we have 3 picks in the first round of the draft this year. Which if there's a lottery could be very interesting.

Old
12-28-2012, 04:36 AM
CBJWennberg41
Formerly CBJBrassard

Quote:
Originally Posted by slightlystewpid420 View Post
Don't forget we have 3 picks in the first round of the draft this year. Which if there's a lottery could be very interesting.
and Dansk, although he isnt starting his future looks bright too.

Old
12-28-2012, 09:37 AM
Samkow
Global Moderator
staaaaaahppp!

Send a message via Skype™ to Samkow
Reilly looks terrible. Ryan Murphy bad

Thank god for Jones.

12-28-2012, 10:25 AM
bizzz*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Samkow View Post

Thank god for Jones.
He's not even close to be terrible. Reilly did a good job once when he broke up 2 on 1 rush while Jones was wandering in the neutral zone. And I'm not the only one who noticed that:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ralonzo View Post
Nice D by Reilly on that 2-on-1 vs Grigorenko. He's also been very strong on the puck, very impressed.
USA ties the game BTW.

Old
12-28-2012, 10:32 AM
CBJWennberg41
Formerly CBJBrassard

Quote:
Originally Posted by Samkow View Post

Thank god for Jones.
What game are you watching? Reilly hasn't played better than his pairmate Seth Jones, but he's arguably played right with him. His defense is alot better than people have been saying.

Old
12-28-2012, 10:35 AM
bizzz*

Two in a row great outlet passes by Reilly. The first one was turned over and the 2nd resulted in a shot on goal by Miller. He's got some inpressive puck moving skills.

Old
12-28-2012, 11:00 AM
bizzz*

Seth Jones defending against 17 years old Russian on the 2nd goal for Russia.

Closed Thread