HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Pacific Division > Edmonton Oilers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Justin Schultz

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old
12-15-2012, 11:11 PM
  #26
OilFury
Registered User
 
Join Date: Nov 2012
Posts: 160
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gone View Post
I agree with that list. Morgan Reilly is playing unbelievably this year.

I think Glachenyuk should of went 1st overall last year; but with his injury, that would of been a gutsy call. Those types of calls the Oil always fail at: Riley Nash, Plante, MAP ... etc., etc., etc.
those were pre stu picks lol but yes horrible

yak has to insane of a shot and passing to have not been the #1 i think galchenyuk shoulda gone 2nd overall

OilFury is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-15-2012, 11:18 PM
  #27
okgooil
HFBoards Sponsor
 
okgooil's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Location: Edmonton, AB
Posts: 12,143
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gone View Post
I agree with that list. Morgan Reilly is playing unbelievably this year.

I think Glachenyuk should of went 1st overall last year; but with his injury, that would of been a gutsy call. Those types of calls the Oil always fail at: Riley Nash, Plante, MAP ... etc., etc., etc.
If I was picking I would have taken Galchenyuk 2nd overall, however, I still take Yakupov first.

If yaks was in the OHL this year he would be well over 2 PPG.

okgooil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-16-2012, 11:12 AM
  #28
Oi'll say!
Registered User
 
Oi'll say!'s Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2002
Location: Oil in 9
Country: Canada
Posts: 12,065
vCash: 500
Schultz just got knocked out of the #1 point getter spot in the AHL and we're halfway through Dec. Pretty amazing considering it took an elite nhl'er to do it.

Oi'll say! is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-16-2012, 11:27 AM
  #29
nullterm
Registered User
 
nullterm's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Location: Port Moody, BC
Country: Canada
Posts: 2,545
vCash: 800
Quote:
Originally Posted by Oi'll say! View Post
Schultz just got knocked out of the #1 point getter spot in the AHL and we're halfway through Dec. Pretty amazing considering it took an elite nhl'er to do it.
Not to mention Eberle is also a forward, defencemen aren't supposed to league the league in points.

nullterm is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
12-16-2012, 12:58 PM
  #30
Paralyzer
Tier 13428 Oiler Fan
 
Paralyzer's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Location: Edmonton
Country: Canada
Posts: 5,638
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by nullterm View Post
Not to mention Eberle is also a forward, defencemen aren't supposed to league the league in points.
You're right, defencemen aren't supposed to league the league, but they sure as hell can LEAD the league

Paralyzer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-16-2012, 01:14 PM
  #31
nullterm
Registered User
 
nullterm's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Location: Port Moody, BC
Country: Canada
Posts: 2,545
vCash: 800
Quote:
Originally Posted by Paralyzer View Post
You're right, defencemen aren't supposed to league the league, but they sure as hell can LEAD the league
Autofail

nullterm is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
12-16-2012, 02:37 PM
  #32
OilFury
Registered User
 
Join Date: Nov 2012
Posts: 160
vCash: 500
schultz steadily gets points tho.. both can have big multi point nights at any given moment could go either way..

OilFury is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-17-2012, 03:36 PM
  #33
keppel146
We love Bacon
 
keppel146's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Location: MinneSOta
Country: United States
Posts: 1,225
vCash: 500
Schultz is still killin it and I am impressed and surprised. When seeing him play for the Badgers, I thought eh, he is pretty good but not amazing. Somehow he keeps producing though. I want to see how he plays in the show though.

keppel146 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-17-2012, 03:51 PM
  #34
jadeddog
Registered User
 
jadeddog's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2003
Location: Regina, Saskatchewan
Posts: 11,863
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by keppel146 View Post
Schultz is still killin it and I am impressed and surprised. When seeing him play for the Badgers, I thought eh, he is pretty good but not amazing. Somehow he keeps producing though. I want to see how he plays in the show though.
well good thing that you'll only have to wait until september of 2014 to see it, and possibly not with the Oilers if the NHLPA gets it's way

jadeddog is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
12-20-2012, 02:56 PM
  #35
Bryanbryoil
Moderator
Paying Off A Bet
 
Bryanbryoil's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2004
Posts: 51,026
vCash: 500
I figured that this article on Schultz with quotes from coach Nelson, Craig Button, Schultz himself, and an opposing AHL coach might be of interest:

http://www.nhl.com/ice/news.htm?id=6...id=DL|NHL|home

__________________
Treat Others As You Would Like To Be Treated
Bryanbryoil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-23-2012, 04:08 PM
  #36
Bryanbryoil
Moderator
Paying Off A Bet
 
Bryanbryoil's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2004
Posts: 51,026
vCash: 500
Justin Schultz After 28 Games:

16-24-40 +14 6pim. 77sog. 1.43ppg 20.8% shooting %

Just missed scoring his 3rd SH goal of the year by a few seconds yesterday.

ES 9-11-20
PP 5-12-17
SH 2-1-3

Leads the league in PP assists
Leads the league in defense scoring
Leads the league in defense goalscoring
Leads the league in defense assists
Leads the league in rookie scoring
Leads the league in rookie goalscoring
Leads the league in rookie assists
Tied for league lead in assists
Tied for league lead in points
3rd in league goals
Tied for 4th in league +/-

Bryanbryoil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-23-2012, 05:00 PM
  #37
GO99
HFBoards Sponsor
 
GO99's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2012
Country: Canada
Posts: 3,006
vCash: 500
It's not 100% he will be as steady in the NHL (I think he will be prettttttttay prettttttay good), but I still can't believe we got this guy. Hopefully we see him and Yak in action this year. If not, at least he is getting a lot of confidence for next year.

GO99 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
12-23-2012, 08:25 PM
  #38
zeus3007*
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Location: Red Deer, Alberta
Posts: 13,228
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by 402 View Post
Schultz leads TSN'S (craig button) top 30 affiliated prospects lis
The oilers are also the only team with 3 players on the list with yakupov schultz and klefbom

http://www.tsn.ca/nhl/story/?id=411680
Quote:
Originally Posted by EchoesoftheEighties View Post
That list is also a joke. Morgan Reilly is 4th ahead of Yakupov and Galchenyuk
It would certainly mean more if Craig Button wasn't a buffoon.

zeus3007* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-23-2012, 11:31 PM
  #39
Descendent*
 
Join Date: Dec 2012
Posts: 308
vCash: 500
EA Sports has ranked him an 81 already on NHL13.

Descendent* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-24-2012, 10:31 AM
  #40
zeus3007*
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Location: Red Deer, Alberta
Posts: 13,228
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by jadeddog View Post
well good thing that you'll only have to wait until september of 2014 to see it, and possibly not with the Oilers if the NHLPA gets it's way
Why even bother saying things that have no basis of truth when they have nothing to do with the conversation at hand?

zeus3007* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-24-2012, 10:49 AM
  #41
jadeddog
Registered User
 
jadeddog's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2003
Location: Regina, Saskatchewan
Posts: 11,863
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by zeus3007 View Post
Why even bother saying things that have no basis of truth when they have nothing to do with the conversation at hand?
Although what I said is 100% correct, it was off topic and doesn't really belong in this thread. My frustration with the NHLPA boils over sometimes.

jadeddog is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
12-24-2012, 11:35 AM
  #42
The Nuge
Farewell Smytty
 
The Nuge's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: Vancouver, BC
Country: Canada
Posts: 15,078
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sharp10 View Post
EA Sports has ranked him an 81 already on NHL13.
Nice! Took em long enough to get him in there

The Nuge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-24-2012, 11:53 AM
  #43
scid14
Registered User
 
scid14's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Location: Saskatchewan
Country: Canada
Posts: 1,428
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Nuge View Post
Nice! Took em long enough to get him in there
I actually had to hop on to check it out haha. Now we just need Yakupov back in the game

scid14 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-24-2012, 02:13 PM
  #44
Dorian2
Positional Bias.
 
Dorian2's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: Edmonton
Country: Canada
Posts: 5,833
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bryanbryoil View Post
Justin Schultz After 28 Games:

16-24-40 +14 6pim. 77sog. 1.43ppg 20.8% shooting %

Just missed scoring his 3rd SH goal of the year by a few seconds yesterday.

ES 9-11-20
PP 5-12-17
SH 2-1-3

Leads the league in PP assists
Leads the league in defense scoring
Leads the league in defense goalscoring
Leads the league in defense assists
Leads the league in rookie scoring
Leads the league in rookie goalscoring
Leads the league in rookie assists
Tied for league lead in assists
Tied for league lead in points
3rd in league goals
Tied for 4th in league +/-
Sounds like the real deal.

Didn't coach Nelson say before the season started that he thinks he will prove the hype he has received?

Dorian2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-24-2012, 04:01 PM
  #45
The Nuge
Farewell Smytty
 
The Nuge's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: Vancouver, BC
Country: Canada
Posts: 15,078
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by scid14 View Post
I actually had to hop on to check it out haha. Now we just need Yakupov back in the game
No doubt. Especially with all the KHLers that are still in the game

The Nuge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-24-2012, 04:13 PM
  #46
molsonmuscle360
Registered User
 
molsonmuscle360's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: Ft. McMurray Ab
Country: Canada
Posts: 5,395
vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Nuge View Post
No doubt. Especially with all the KHLers that are still in the game
It was because they updated the CHL rosters. He was on Sarnia in the game, and then they took him out.

molsonmuscle360 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-24-2012, 04:55 PM
  #47
The Nuge
Farewell Smytty
 
The Nuge's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: Vancouver, BC
Country: Canada
Posts: 15,078
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by molsonmuscle360 View Post
It was because they updated the CHL rosters. He was on Sarnia in the game, and then they took him out.
Ya I know. I didn't think it'd be so hard to just put him on the Oilers

The Nuge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-24-2012, 05:18 PM
  #48
scid14
Registered User
 
scid14's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Location: Saskatchewan
Country: Canada
Posts: 1,428
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Nuge View Post
Ya I know. I didn't think it'd be so hard to just put him on the Oilers
Yeah...would make sense or even just free agents so we could throw him on the roster. Why take him completely out. Ehhh its okay the season will be back soon, right?

scid14 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-24-2012, 06:58 PM
  #49
supert
Registered User
 
supert's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2012
Location: Halifax
Country: Canada
Posts: 2,609
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by EchoesoftheEighties View Post
That list is also a joke. Morgan Reilly is 4th ahead of Yakupov and Galchenyuk
How would Morgan Reilly ever be ranked ahead of Hamilton ? We can all hope that Craig Button becomes a GM again . I hoping of the Canucks

supert is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-27-2012, 02:11 AM
  #50
Lowe in Oil
Registered User
 
Lowe in Oil's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Location: Montreal
Country: Canada
Posts: 2,583
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sharp10 View Post
EA Sports has ranked him an 81 already on NHL13.
What about Schultz? Is he there?

Lowe in Oil is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Forum Jump


Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 08:56 PM.

monitoring_string = "e4251c93e2ba248d29da988d93bf5144"
Contact Us - HFBoards - Archive - Privacy Statement - Terms of Use - Advertise - Top - AdChoices

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. ©2014 All Rights Reserved.