HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > Philadelphia Flyers
Notices

Fantasy Hockey Talk

Old
11-29-2012, 04:29 PM
Ryker

vCash: 500
So the Senators won't release Zibanejad to play at the WJC this season, because they want him to continue playing for Binghamton. What kind of ******** is this?

Ryker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-29-2012, 05:01 PM
flyershockey

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ryker View Post
So the Senators won't release Zibanejad to play at the WJC this season, because they want him to continue playing for Binghamton. What kind of ******** is this?
It's really not that difficult to believe for anyone besides WJC fans. His commitment and job is to be a professional player in North America. Why should he get a two week break to go dominate on a lesser stage? Is Couturier still eligible for the tournament? If so, I would fully support the Flyers not releasing him to go downgrade for two weeks.

flyershockey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-29-2012, 05:46 PM
RJ8812
Gunner Stahl #9

Quote:
Originally Posted by flyershockey View Post
It's really not that difficult to believe for anyone besides WJC fans. His commitment and job is to be a professional player in North America. Why should he get a two week break to go dominate on a lesser stage? Is Couturier still eligible for the tournament? If so, I would fully support the Flyers not releasing him to go downgrade for two weeks.
nah, he turns 20 Dec 7th

RJ8812 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
11-29-2012, 05:51 PM
PALE PWNR

vCash: 1050
Quote:
^---This, good on Ottawa for doing what they believe is best for his development

PALE PWNR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-29-2012, 08:45 PM
Ryker

Quote:
First of all, he wouldn't dominate, he would be playing against and with players of his age and of comparable skill. Second, he might have a desire to represent his country in an international tournament. I don't know that he does, but I'm just saying he might. And lastly, do you really believe those two weeks in the AHL are going to benefit him so greatly as to defeat all the positive experience he could've gotten from playing at the Juniors again? He can play in the AHL any time he wants, but it's his last chance to be a part of the WJC team. Plus, a "lesser" stage is debatable. There's definitely less physicality and AHL teams would beat the WJC ones purely on this, but as far as skill is concerned the better nations in the tournament have more than your run-of-the-mill AHL team does.

In any case, I think they should give him a choice, and not just say it's better for his development to grind in the AHL. If he'd rather stay with Binghamton, that's fine by me, but as long as he himself can decide. Well, whatever, I guess growing up in Europe having a choice in regards to this seems like a normal thing to me, as clubs are willing to release players on such occasions.

Ryker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-29-2012, 09:03 PM
flyershockey

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ryker View Post
First of all, he wouldn't dominate, he would be playing against and with players of his age and of comparable skill. Second, he might have a desire to represent his country in an international tournament. I don't know that he does, but I'm just saying he might. And lastly, do you really believe those two weeks in the AHL are going to benefit him so greatly as to defeat all the positive experience he could've gotten from playing at the Juniors again? He can play in the AHL any time he wants, but it's his last chance to be a part of the WJC team. Plus, a "lesser" stage is debatable. There's definitely less physicality and AHL teams would beat the WJC ones purely on this, but as far as skill is concerned the better nations in the tournament have more than your run-of-the-mill AHL team does.

In any case, I think they should give him a choice, and not just say it's better for his development to grind in the AHL. If he'd rather stay with Binghamton, that's fine by me, but as long as he himself can decide. Well, whatever, I guess growing up in Europe having a choice in regards to this seems like a normal thing to me, as clubs are willing to release players on such occasions.
The Ottawa Senators have already made a huge commitment to the guy. They drafted him in the top ten and are paying him to play for their franchise. If they feel that it's better for him to stay in North America and focus on getting closer to NHL ready, then they have every right to do so.

What else is there to accomplish at the Junior Championships? He won gold and scored the game winner in the process. He's much better served staying in the AHL and staying focused on the team that he's already a part of.

Any AHL team would dominate any WJC team. They're older, more experienced, and closer in skill than you think. It's the same argument that people use when they talk about a good college football team beating a bad NFL team. It just wouldn't happen.

flyershockey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-11-2012, 05:05 PM
Clyde Donovan

Devils Avs 2001 Game 7 on NHL Network in the US right now. Get to watch the Devils lose the Cup and Bourque finally win. Devil's D was stacked. Stevens, Nieds, Rafalski, White, O'Donnell

Clyde Donovan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-11-2012, 07:44 PM
Krishna
HFBoards Sponsor

AFTER 22 YEARS, RAYMOND BOURQUE

asdad

12-11-2012, 10:18 PM
Beef Invictus
Global Moderator
AICMAM

vCash: 156
I remember watching that. It was great seeing Bourque win.

12-11-2012, 10:25 PM
Krishna
HFBoards Sponsor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cheesesteak Invictus View Post
I remember watching that. It was great seeing Bourque win.
If you ever want to watch it again, just watch the Useless thread. Ix posts it maybe twice a week. It's become a meme

Krishna is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-12-2012, 06:47 PM
Krishna
HFBoards Sponsor

http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/sh....php?t=1307121

Old
12-12-2012, 07:49 PM
FlyersFan61290

Quote:
Originally Posted by Krishna View Post
just voted for Schenn, i really don't know why but i did...

FlyersFan61290 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-14-2012, 05:25 PM
Krishna
HFBoards Sponsor

For anyone interested

7:30 on NHL network is showing Kelowna VS Lethbridge from 12/12/12

9:30 NHL network is showing Victoria VS Red Deer live

Old
12-15-2012, 12:23 AM
GoneFullHolmgren
def. hockey FAIL

watched thae end of that Kelowna VS Lethbridge game live last night. that was quite the hockey game. pretty much a goalteding duel

GoneFullHolmgren is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-15-2012, 02:27 AM
Krishna
HFBoards Sponsor

Quote:
Originally Posted by GoneFullHolmgren View Post
watched thae end of that Kelowna VS Lethbridge game live last night. that was quite the hockey game. pretty much a goalteding duel
Would have been nicer if they showed the Seattle and Spokane match.

Spokane was down 6-2 early in the third and one of their players scored a natural hat trick in about 9 minutes then chipped in assist in the last minute of the game to tie it up. They won in the shootout. Was a good ending

Old
12-15-2012, 07:47 AM
FlyersFan61290

Quote:
Originally Posted by Krishna View Post
Would have been nicer if they showed the Seattle and Spokane match.

Spokane was down 6-2 early in the third and one of their players scored a natural hat trick in about 9 minutes then chipped in assist in the last minute of the game to tie it up. They won in the shootout. Was a good ending
thats an oxymoron in my book

FlyersFan61290 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-20-2012, 09:48 PM
MiamiScreamingEagles
Global Moderator
A Fistful of Dollars

vCash: 597
For purposes of easier recall, a link to the latest injury updates:

http://www.csnphilly.com/hockey-phil...379&feedID=695

Quote:
Even general manager Paul Holmgren admits the thought scares him because eight players – including Chris Pronger – have been injured or listed as injured in recent months.

But there is good news. X-rays this week to defenseman Erik Gustafsson’s right foot were negative. Andreas Lilja (hip) is healthy and has been cleared to play.

Andrej Meszaros (left Achilles tear) has made substantial progress, and if the NHL returns to play in January, he’d likely be on the opening night roster.

“His next doctor’s appointment is just after the New Year,” Holmgren said. “If we’re going to start playing any time soon, I think he’d be ready to play.”
Injury update: Ben Holmstrom out 4-to-6 months; ACL.

Last edited by MiamiScreamingEagles: 01-03-2013 at 09:29 AM.
MiamiScreamingEagles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-21-2012, 06:40 PM
MrHockey1982

Did you guys see this? Pretty funny:

The article is here:

http://sports.yahoo.com/blogs/nhl-pu...1062--nhl.html

MrHockey1982 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-21-2012, 10:33 PM
Vikke
FHM 13 researcher

Watching game 3 from the Pens series for the umpteenth time. Never gets old.

First intermission. "31 shots have been taken, six have gone in....". Hilarious.

The crowd roar when Schenn leveled Martin was INSANE.

Vikke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-22-2012, 06:02 PM
TheLegendkiller

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vikke View Post
Watching game 3 from the Pens series for the umpteenth time. Never gets old.

First intermission. "31 shots have been taken, six have gone in....". Hilarious.

The crowd roar when Schenn leveled Martin was INSANE.

It really doesn't. I've watched game 1, 2, 3 and 6 highlights like 100 times. And full length games 1, 2, 3, and 6 alot too.

TheLegendkiller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-22-2012, 11:23 PM
Cyborg LeClair
14 28 10 16

vCash: 400
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheLegendkiller View Post
It really doesn't. I've watched game 1, 2, 3 and 6 highlights like 100 times. And full length games 1, 2, 3, and 6 alot too.
Same. Claude Giroux is incredible throughout all the highlights. It always makes me angry we didn't get to see his magic this season. he just keeps getting better and better

Cyborg LeClair is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-24-2012, 09:39 AM
Krishna
HFBoards Sponsor

I know everyone is caught up in the WJC tournament coming up this week, but the Spenger cup is also being played this week

Teams :
HC davos
Team Canada
Adler Mannheim
Fribourg Gotteren
HC Vitkovice Steel
Salavat Yulaev

Team Canada's roster
Goalies
40 Devan Dubnyk
45 Jonathan Bernier
Defense
4 Cam Barker
5 Jason Demers
7 Geoff Kinrade
25 Micki Dupont
26 Maxim Noreau
28 Carlo Colaiacovo
43 Derrick Walser
77 Travis Roche
Forwards
9 Matt Duchene
10 Pascal Pelletier
11 Jacob Micflikier
15 Brett McLean
17 Kurtis McLean
19 Jason Spezza
20 John Tavares
27 Josh Holden
29 Jason Williams
37 Patrice Bergeron
78 Marc-Antoine Pouliot
89 Sam Gagner
92 Tyler Seguin
93 Byron Ritchie
94 Ryan Smyth

NHLers on other teams :

HC Davos :
Joe Thornton
Rick Nash

Adler Mannheim :
Marcel Goc
Jason Pominville
Dennis Seidenberg

Fribourg Gotteron :
David Desharnais
Max Talbot (Just for this tournament)

HC Vitkovice :
Roman Polak

Salavat Yulaev :
Nikita Filatov (Not locked out)

Old
12-24-2012, 11:08 AM
Krishna
HFBoards Sponsor

Cody Nickolet @WHLFromAbove

https://twitter.com/WHLFromAbove/sta...54695160606721

#Avs prospect Joey Hishon finally cleared to practice. Hasn't played since being concussed in the 2011 Mem Cup on a hit by Brayden McNabb.

Old
12-24-2012, 03:40 PM
DrinkFightFlyers
Grave Before Shave

Send a message via AIM to DrinkFightFlyers
Anyone remember that ******* ******** guy from earlier in the year? I just read this article from August about him. I don't remember this happening but it sounds pretty funny (an interview with Incarcerated Bob)...

http://blogs.thescore.com/nhl/2012/0...-instant-news/

Quote:
Instead of just saying that he worked for 4 NHL teams as a scout or assistant GM, he now says that he played in the NHL. Not only that, he says he was drafted in 1993 and went straight to the NHL. Make sure you listen to the end of the podcast so you can hear *************** stall as long as possible when he’s asked what city the 1993 NHL entry draft was held. Guarantee he was googling it.
EDIT: LOL, it ******'s out his name? Classic.

DrinkFightFlyers is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
12-24-2012, 04:35 PM
GoneFullHolmgren
def. hockey FAIL

Quote:
Originally Posted by DrinkFightFlyers View Post
Anyone remember that ******* ******** guy from earlier in the year? I just read this article from August about him. I don't remember this happening but it sounds pretty funny (an interview with Incarcerated Bob)...

http://blogs.thescore.com/nhl/2012/0...-instant-news/

EDIT: LOL, it ******'s out his name? Classic.

Page Not Found
Unfortunately, the page you've requested no longer exists. Please use the search form below to locate the information you're interested in.

GoneFullHolmgren is offline   Reply With Quote