HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Ottawa Senators
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Mika Zibanejad is the real deal 2.0

Closed Thread

Old
12-24-2012, 06:53 PM
QuietOnTheFront
@QuietOnTheFront

vCash: 500
A concussion would explain a lot. It's pretty hard to think and do anything at full pace with a concussion. So if this is the case, that he has not fully recovered since January, it could explain a lot about his performances.

Hopefully we can see 100% Mika soon and get a better idea of where he is at in terms of development.

Old
12-24-2012, 07:18 PM
sg58

He would presumably have been fully healed from his concussion before Djurgården let him back out there. I have my doubts about their caution in that process but without anything solid we're gonna have to assume that. He then suffered another knock in April after his earlier struggles, and now he's still having issues.

It's mind-boggling how an 18-year-old can hide such a thing for so long though. He must have been talking regularly with people (agent, friends, girlfriend) about not feeling 100% and still nothing was done?

Old
12-24-2012, 07:27 PM
QuietOnTheFront
@QuietOnTheFront

Quote:
Originally Posted by steffeG View Post
He would presumably have been fully healed from his concussion before Djurgården let him back out there. I have my doubts about their caution in that process but without anything solid we're gonna have to assume that. He then suffered another knock in April after his earlier struggles, and now he's still having issues.

It's mind-boggling how an 18-year-old can hide such a thing for so long though. He must have been talking regularly with people (agent, friends, girlfriend) about not feeling 100% and still nothing was done?
I think at that age you want to play as much as possible, as it is essential for developing. If you miss a considerable amount of time it can be detrimental to your development. Therefore the pressure of being a high first rounder and developing his game could have pushed him into covering it up or rushing himself back into playing.

I played soccer at a high-ish level here in Vancouver. I played with a strained groin for 4 months because I wanted to win games and I wanted to play. Ultimately I ended up tearing it and missing 6 months. I was only 16 and never was the same player. When you're young you do stupid things in fear of missing out or becoming surpassed. This could be the case.

Old
12-24-2012, 07:31 PM
mianjo

Surely if he had a concussion then Ottawa would have had him back up here to get medical attention here so they can monitor him.

Old
12-24-2012, 07:36 PM
sg58

Quote:
Originally Posted by QuietOnTheFront View Post
I think at that age you want to play as much as possible, as it is essential for developing. If you miss a considerable amount of time it can be detrimental to your development. Therefore the pressure of being a high first rounder and developing his game could have pushed him into covering it up or rushing himself back into playing.

I played soccer at a high-ish level here in Vancouver. I played with a strained groin for 4 months because I wanted to win games and I wanted to play. Ultimately I ended up tearing it and missing 6 months. I was only 16 and never was the same player. When you're young you do stupid things in fear of missing out or becoming surpassed. This could be the case.
This is true, I suppose. And sometimes people go a long time thinking something that's been bothering them is harmless and it ends up that something you think is just being tired or something like that is a concussion or lingering concussion symptoms. My point was that someone around him that he talked to about it should've given him some advice.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mianjo View Post
Surely if he had a concussion then Ottawa would have had him back up here to get medical attention here so they can monitor him.
He's got concussion symptoms. I'm sure they're on top of it.

Old
12-24-2012, 08:47 PM
DJB
Sens best prospect

Maybe the concussion will have improved his hockey sense upoin his return!

But in all seriousness, if he was playing hurt and certainly a concussion would be an injury that would affect ones game tremendously, it might explain his poor play, or at least I hope so.

I hope the kid can get healthy again.

Old
12-24-2012, 08:53 PM
Icelevel
Best Players Play

Quote:
Originally Posted by DJB View Post

But in all seriousness, if he was playing hurt and certainly a concussion would be an injury that would affect ones game tremendously, it might explain his poor play, or at least I hope so.

he was not playing poorly

Old
12-24-2012, 10:35 PM
ReginKarlssonLehner
Classless, no rispek

Quote:

2nd in points by forwards at the time is poor play, lol.

Old
12-24-2012, 11:04 PM
DJB
Sens best prospect

I expect more from him, sorry.

Old
12-24-2012, 11:09 PM
WasTeD
Gettn Wiggy wit it

Send a message via Skype™ to WasTeD
Quote:
I expect more from him, sorry.
Yea. How dare he be out of the line up!

BUST!!!

Old
12-25-2012, 10:21 AM
DJB
Sens best prospect

Quote:
Originally Posted by WasTeD View Post
Yea. How dare he be out of the line up!

BUST!!!
I'm talking pre-injury here. Should have been obvious.

Old
12-25-2012, 10:35 AM
BK201

You guys are so negative. I'll listen to coach who said he was progressing nicely and thinks he'd move in spurts like silf's been doing had he not gotten sick at about the same skill level.

Old
12-25-2012, 11:18 AM
WasTeD
Gettn Wiggy wit it

Send a message via Skype™ to WasTeD
Quote:
I'm talking pre-injury here. Should have been obvious.
It was.

Old
12-25-2012, 12:16 PM
kyle747

I for one hope they let him stay out for the rest of the bingo season. Who cares if he misses a 48 game season? Not me. Guys seem to always come back too soon from this.

Old
12-25-2012, 12:17 PM
General Granny*

I wonder how a 19 year old Silf could have done at the AHL level.

The kid was 4th in scoring before he got injured, in those games I watched he was the most dangerous player offensively with a team that barely generated any type of offence.

You guys have high expectations for a teenager playing in his first Pro NA season, did you expect him to lead in scoring or something on a team.

I still believe in Harvey Dent.....error I mean Mina Zibenejad.

Old
12-25-2012, 01:23 PM
Wham City

Mika Zibanejad is the really dizzy

Old
12-25-2012, 06:30 PM
Minister of Offence

Quote:

Playing short of exceptional expectations by a fan base does not automatically mean you were playing poor. He was playing at a level lower than many hoped. Playing below the level he probably should be playing at. Could explain this.

Old
12-25-2012, 08:56 PM
koreaboy

i'm not going to write the kid off, but i have never been jump-up-and-down with joy happy that we drafted him, and i've always thought our expectations for him were far too high. i think at this point if he ends up being a good 2nd line two-way forward who can shoot and score 20-25 and be physical and fairly responsible defensively, we should be thrilled. i think its at least as likely he never ends up being an impact player.

i've just never really warmed to him. warning bells went off for me last year when he underwhelmed playing against men in the SEL, and now with his injury issues and him underwhelming again in the AHL, my spidey senses are tingling about him.

Old
12-25-2012, 09:34 PM
DJB
Sens best prospect

Quote:
Originally Posted by Minister of Offence View Post
Playing short of exceptional expectations by a fan base does not automatically mean you were playing poor. He was playing at a level lower than many hoped. Playing below the level he probably should be playing at. Could explain this.
My standards may be high, but I certainly am not expecting exceptional play out of him. That would be unreasonable out of most prospects.

He simply needs to be better.

Old
12-25-2012, 10:59 PM
DylanSensFan
Walk On!

I have not read anywhere that it is a concussion, other than Sens Chirp.

Old
12-26-2012, 02:30 AM
God Says No

Quote:
Originally Posted by koreaboy View Post
i'm not going to write the kid off, but i have never been jump-up-and-down with joy happy that we drafted him, and i've always thought our expectations for him were far too high. i think at this point if he ends up being a good 2nd line two-way forward who can shoot and score 20-25 and be physical and fairly responsible defensively, we should be thrilled. i think its at least as likely he never ends up being an impact player.

i've just never really warmed to him. warning bells went off for me last year when he underwhelmed playing against men in the SEL, and now with his injury issues and him underwhelming again in the AHL, my spidey senses are tingling about him.
you mean like fisher without the fighting? that's what i think he'll end up like.

Old
12-26-2012, 02:56 AM
DylanSensFan
Walk On!

Quote:
Originally Posted by koreaboy View Post

Silf at 19... was not very overwhelming in the SEL, nor the world Juniors. If we have anyone to compare Zibanejad to, it would be his own teammate who is now tearing up the AHL and did so last season in the SEL.

Old
12-26-2012, 08:45 AM
General Granny*

Quote:
Originally Posted by God Says No View Post
you mean like fisher without the fighting? that's what i think he'll end up like.
He already has a better shot than Fisher and somewhat better hands.

People need to chill the **** out.

The kid could produce, the problem is that injuries the past 12 or so months have hampered with his development.

He won't be a superstar 80 point guy, but he will be .5PPG guy.

Last edited by General Granny*: 12-26-2012 at 08:53 AM.
Old
12-26-2012, 09:42 AM
Minister of Offence

Quote:
My standards may be high, but I certainly am not expecting exceptional play out of him. That would be unreasonable out of most prospects.

He simply needs to be better.
I'd disagree with you and leave it at that. What were you expecting?

Old
12-26-2012, 09:43 AM
Minister of Offence

Quote:
Originally Posted by DylanSensFan View Post
I have not read anywhere that it is a concussion, other than Sens Chirp.
steffeG has said he heard this as well. Little more tied in then the average fan.

Closed Thread