Old
12-23-2012, 06:31 PM
Hank Chinaski
Global Moderator
\_(ツ)_/

vCash: 50
Awards:
LOLGiants...

Not really a Vikings fan, but hoping they can seal up a playoff berth.

Hank Chinaski is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-23-2012, 06:51 PM
Sweech
Alles zu seiner Zeit

vCash: 5585
Texans offense has been pretty bad for 3 or 4 games in a row now. If someone had told me we would be able to shut down AP, I wouldn't have even dreamed we'd lose.

However, I can't see a loss to Indy happening. A win would still give Houston the #1 overall seed and a playoff bye.

The offense has to start catching some fire soon going into the playoffs. I don't want to see a one and done scenario.

Thank God the Cowboys lost today though. That always brightens my day.

Sweech is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-23-2012, 07:42 PM
ps241
.915 please Steve

I would like to thank Aaron Rogers, Adrian Peterson, CJ Spiller, Knowshon Marino, Reggie Wayne, Wes Welker, and Jermaine Gresham for having a good Sunday and winning me my Fantasy Football Superbowl.

Its going to feel great to get my name engraved on our trophy as the 2012 champion.

ps241 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
12-23-2012, 08:02 PM
tacogeoff

Quote:
Originally Posted by ps241 View Post
I would like to thank Aaron Rogers, Adrian Peterson, CJ Spiller, Knowshon Marino, Reggie Wayne, Wes Welker, and Jermaine Gresham for having a good Sunday and winning me my Fantasy Football Superbowl.

Its going to feel great to get my name engraved on our trophy as the 2012 champion.

Good stuff!

Great start to the seahawks and 9ers game...Feed the Beast!!!

tacogeoff is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-23-2012, 08:47 PM
ps241
.915 please Steve

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ziggy66 View Post

Good stuff!

Great start to the seahawks and 9ers game...Feed the Beast!!!
Seahawks are for real this year.

Old
12-23-2012, 09:01 PM
JetsWillFly4Ever

vCash: 500
Quote:

Congrats!!

Lost in my league in the first round, damn Seahawks defense and their 41 points

Loved seeing the Vikings get the win, AP deserves to go to the playoffs and win MVP.

JetsWillFly4Ever is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-23-2012, 11:57 PM
simcity

If the Vikings don't get in the playoffs, I would have a hard time giving the MVP to AP. My MVP selection is Aaron Rodgers. Leaving AP out of it, it bothers me that Peyton is getting a lot of media support for MVP and Rodgers is hardly mentioned. Even though the Packers have a terrible o-line, no running game and the top 2 receivers have missed half the season, Rodgers still has been the most efficient passer in the league. I don't understand what Peyton has done this year that is better than Rodgers.

simcity is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-24-2012, 02:21 AM
Lux Aurumque*

The Tony Romo the jabroni 1000%. I make him humble old country way.

Lux Aurumque* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-24-2012, 07:17 AM
King Woodballs

vCash: 375
Quote:
Originally Posted by simcity View Post
If the Vikings don't get in the playoffs, I would have a hard time giving the MVP to AP. My MVP selection is Aaron Rodgers. Leaving AP out of it, it bothers me that Peyton is getting a lot of media support for MVP and Rodgers is hardly mentioned. Even though the Packers have a terrible o-line, no running game and the top 2 receivers have missed half the season, Rodgers still has been the most efficient passer in the league. I don't understand what Peyton has done this year that is better than Rodgers.
Rodgers is forth on the list at best
He is not having a lights out season like the other 3 are

King Woodballs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-24-2012, 08:53 AM
tacogeoff

Who does everyone have for Rookie of the Year so far?

For me it boils down to the three QBs R. Wilson, RG3 and Luck.

R. Wilson has had a great season leading the Hawks. Not a ton of yardage (2800) but has a nice ration of 25td to 10int and 3 rushing TDs. On top of that he was not even considered as a starter in pre-season but earned his spot over Flynn who Seattle traded for to be a starter.

Luck has put up a crazy amount of yards for a rookie at 4100 but due to the colts throwing game has a more even ratio at 21tds 18int and 5 rushing tds. He has lead this young team (- a few great oldies like wayne) to a great record which was not really expected.

RG3 has been so versitile with 3100 yards thrown and 750 rush yards. 20tds 5ints and 6 rushing Tds. The guy has been a monster for washington.

RG3 also is complemented very nicely by Alfred Morris who is another honorable mention. as a rookie RB he has already gained 1400 yrds and 10tds.

There is so much rookie talent this season it is mind blowing.

So who does everyone else have for a finalist list? I cannot even choose a clear cut winner ha.

Last edited by tacogeoff: 12-24-2012 at 09:00 AM.
Old
12-24-2012, 09:06 AM
Hank Chinaski
Global Moderator
\_(ツ)_/

Awards:
Quote:
Peyton is the QB of the best team in football, so at this point it's pretty hard to put Rodgers on par with him. Takes nothing away from the superb season Rodgers is having, but it's pretty hard to repeat as MVP unless you actually improve on the past season.

I still think it's a no-brainer to give it to Peterson if the Vikings make the playoffs.

Old
12-24-2012, 09:33 AM
ps241
.915 please Steve

For the Rookie I would go with Luck but there is an argument to be made for all three guys. Luck does not have the luxury of a great run game to fall back on and I believe more weight falls on his shoulders in Indy than on the other two rookies in their systems. That in no way diminishes the respect I have for RG3 and Wilson they are both having amazing years. honestly if any one of these three guys wins I would not have a problem with it. Early in the year I thought Seattle dumbed down the scheme a bit for their rookie (pretty vanilla O) but he proved to be a very fast learner and they adjusted the offense to keep pace with his growth and he has been lights out lately. RG3 has been so fun to watch and I love the scheme in Washington with the stretch run option offense. Kyle and Mike have earned their reputation of being very creative offensive minds.

Old
12-24-2012, 09:44 AM
tacogeoff

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hank Chinaski View Post
Peyton is the QB of the best team in football, so at this point it's pretty hard to put Rodgers on par with him. Takes nothing away from the superb season Rodgers is having, but it's pretty hard to repeat as MVP unless you actually improve on the past season.

I still think it's a no-brainer to give it to Peterson if the Vikings make the playoffs.
I think it comes down to alot of factors for league MVP. Peyton should be considered but he is also on an amazing team...as teebow "led" them to the playoffs last season and we all know how good teebow is........

You would also have to take into consideration Matt Ryan if we are looking at the QB of the best teams in football..as they are actually better then Denver in the standings.

I would like to see Peterson break that record against Green bay though, make the playoffs and scoop the MVP. that would be quite a feat!

Obviously my vote would be for C. Johnson once he breaks 2000 rec yards but I know thats not going to happen as the Lions played like **** this year

Old
12-24-2012, 09:52 AM
bigplay41*

Send a message via AIM to bigplay41*
Dez Bryant is a beast! finger which will need surgery and after two weeks hes got like 260 Yards 3 TDs un real.. always thought if he was dedicated and had his head in the game he would be all pro.

bigplay41* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-24-2012, 10:01 AM
tacogeoff

Quote:
Originally Posted by JetNation View Post
Dez Bryant is a beast! finger which will need surgery and after two weeks hes got like 260 Yards 3 TDs un real.. always thought if he was dedicated and had his head in the game he would be all pro.
I owe Dez a christmas present as he wrapped up a league victory for me on Sunday! still cant believe I picked him up off the waiver wire after week 10. I know he wasnt putting up many tds in weeks 1-10 but he was still getting decent yardage most games.

Old
12-24-2012, 11:33 AM
ps241
.915 please Steve

Quote:
Originally Posted by JetsWillFly4Ever View Post
Congrats!!

Lost in my league in the first round, damn Seahawks defense and their 41 points

Loved seeing the Vikings get the win, AP deserves to go to the playoffs and win MVP.
two things we did in our Fantasy league that really improved it (not saying it is right just it helped us)

#1 dropped defenses and added a flex. luck is always a big part of fantasy but D's seem to be the worst for this issue.

#2 the consolation side of the playoffs we switched up so the winner of the B side gets first pick overall......runner up gets 2nd pick etc. What we found was all teams have a reason to stay engaged late in the season. Who doesn't want first pick overall in the upcoming draft but you have to "win it" and that way there is no incentive to tank either.

Old
12-24-2012, 11:57 AM
simcity

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hank Chinaski View Post

I don't buy that argument at all. While I agree Rodgers isn't as good as last season, last season was an all time historic season. He is still better than anyone else in the NFL. He has more TD's, less interceptions, and the highest pass rating in the league. He also has close the 300 yards rushing, picking up many first downs with his legs. Manning has only won 1 more game than Rodgers this year and if it wasn't for the ridiculous call on the hail mary in the Seattle game, the Packers would be even on wins with Denver.

Rodgers has done it under much more difficult circumstances, imagine Manning without his pro-bowl offensive line, no Demaryious Thomas and Decker for half the season and a running game with Alex Green, instead of McGahee and Moreno. Then imagine Von Miller and Champ Bailey injured, like the Packers have been without Clay Mathews and Charles Woodson. You think Manning would still have his 12 wins? That's what Rodgers was dealt with this year (terrible o-line, Jennings & Nelson hurt, no running game, top players on defense hurt), simply he has been carrying the Packers.

Old
12-24-2012, 12:22 PM
tacogeoff

Quote:
I don't buy that argument at all. While I agree Rodgers isn't as good as last season, last season was an all time historic season. He is still better than anyone else in the NFL. He has more TD's, less interceptions, and the highest pass rating in the league. He also has close the 300 yards rushing, picking up many first downs with his legs. Manning has only won 1 more game than Rodgers this year and if it wasn't for the ridiculous call on the hail mary in the Seattle game, the Packers would be even on wins with Denver.

Rodgers has done it under much more difficult circumstances, imagine Manning without his pro-bowl offensive line, no Demaryious Thomas and Decker for half the season and a running game with Alex Green, instead of McGahee and Moreno. Then imagine Von Miller and Champ Bailey injured, like the Packers have been without Clay Mathews and Charles Woodson. You think Manning would still have his 12 wins? That's what Rodgers was dealt with this year (terrible o-line, Jennings & Nelson hurt, no running game, top players on defense hurt), simply he has been carrying the Packers.
I think he would.

Replace Thomas and Decker with Jones and Cobb and he def would. The Broncs only have one more rushing TD then GB at the moment and are both in the 1600s for rushing yards total on the year regardless of names.

As for the Defence core and Oline ... I see your arguement there. Greeenbay has had a ton of significant injuries.

Old
12-24-2012, 12:32 PM
simcity

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ziggy66 View Post
I think he would.

Replace Thomas and Decker with Jones and Cobb and he def would. The Broncs only have one more rushing TD then GB at the moment and are both in the 1600s for rushing yards total on the year regardless of names.

As for the Defence core and Oline ... I see your arguement there. Greeenbay has had a ton of significant injuries.
The Packers rushing stats are somewhat misleading because Rodgers has almost 300 yards rushing himself. These are not called running plays, but simply Rodgers scrambling for first downs. The actual production of his running backs (not including Rodgers) puts the Packers at 27th in the league in rushing. No one actually respects the Packers running game.

Old
12-24-2012, 12:57 PM
tacogeoff

Quote:
The Packers rushing stats are somewhat misleading because Rodgers has almost 300 yards rushing himself. These are not called running plays, but simply Rodgers scrambling for first downs. The actual production of his running backs (not including Rodgers) puts the Packers at 27th in the league in rushing. No one actually respects the Packers running game.
Yes you make a good point in subtracting rodgers rushing yards would put them in 26th as Carolina would drop from 10th to 30th if we took cams 700+ yards away.

I do not see any reason why he will not be a contender as well. His numbers are phenominal again this year.

I dont really have a horse in this race.........bored and stuck at work for another 8 hrs so I am going to over analyse everything today

Old
12-24-2012, 01:20 PM
Duir

Got to go with Luck for rookie of the year. As much as RG3 and Wilson will revolutionize the game, I think he stepped in big shoes and has stepped up.

Duir is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-24-2012, 06:51 PM
Hank Chinaski
Global Moderator
\_(ツ)_/

Awards:
Quote:

I disagree that Rodgers has done it under more difficult circumstances. Nelson, Jennings and Finley are all better than anything Denver has on their roster at WR and TE. Cobb and Jones aren't exactly chumps either. McGahee and Moreno are both pedestrian backs, and both have been hurt for much of the year anyhow.

Personally, I don't think any of the QBs should get it over Peterson.

Last edited by Hank Chinaski: 12-24-2012 at 06:58 PM.
Old
12-24-2012, 09:13 PM
JustGivingEr
How far we done fell

vCash: 1125
Quote:

Did Rodgers turn a poor offence into one of the best offences in the league after coming off 4 neck surgeries with a brand new team and coaching staff?

Exactly.

Also, Manning has elevated his receivers games. DT and Decker have improved a lot by simply playing with Manning this year, not to mention how he saved Stokley's career.

JustGivingEr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-24-2012, 09:23 PM
ps241
.915 please Steve

Quote:
Originally Posted by JustGivingEr View Post
Did Rodgers turn a poor offence into one of the best offences in the league after coming off 4 neck surgeries with a brand new team and coaching staff?

Exactly.

Also, Manning has elevated his receivers games. DT and Decker have improved a lot by simply playing with Manning this year, not to mention how he saved Stokley's career.
I am a big Denver fan and Manning has done a spectacular job with the O this year. One point of clarification though is that Denver had the #1 rushing offence in football last year and I think they had an excellent offensive line. Their issue was Tebow was not a good throwing QB but they did have some nice assets in place IMHO. Payton is masterful but Clady and the boys in the trenches are keeping his jersey pretty clean this year as well as run blocking and keeping that as a viable threat to keep the D's off balance. Mr Manning is the key and the O looks 100% better but he has some talent around him too.

Old
12-24-2012, 09:37 PM
JustGivingEr
How far we done fell

vCash: 1125
Quote:
I am a big Denver fan and Manning has done a spectacular job with the O this year. One point of clarification though is that Denver had the #1 rushing offence in football last year and I think they had an excellent offensive line. Their issue was Tebow was not a good throwing QB but they did have some nice assets in place IMHO. Payton is masterful but Clady and the boys in the trenches are keeping his jersey pretty clean this year as well as run blocking and keeping that as a viable threat to keep the D's off balance. Mr Manning is the key and the O looks 100% better but he has some talent around him too.
He does. The offensive line has done a fantastic job, but Peyton is also good at avoiding sacks and moving the ball quickly.

Also, the Broncos were 23rd last year in terms of YPG and 25th in terms of PPG. This year they are 4th in YPG and 2nd in PPG.

JustGivingEr is offline   Reply With Quote