HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk
Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk Trade rumors, transactions, and free agent talk. Rumors must contain the word RUMOR in post title. Proposals must contain the word PROPOSAL in post title.

Nick Schultz + Paajarvi + Omark package?

Old
12-24-2012, 09:45 PM
Iceonfire

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Red Line View Post
We are all laughing at you.

This is beyond horrible.
Laugh all you want.

Do really think Carlo Colaiacovo is going to replace Lidstrom?

You can keep your over valued players. I'll just sit back and watch Chicago and St Louis top your division for years to come.

Iceonfire is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-24-2012, 10:42 PM
TheJuxtaposer
#Shorks

vCash: 567
Quote:
Originally Posted by Iceonfire View Post
Laugh all you want.

Do really think Carlo Colaiacovo is going to replace Lidstrom?

You can keep your over valued players. I'll just sit back and watch Chicago and St Louis top your division for years to come.
Clearly, Nick Schultz is the solution to Detroit's #1D problem! He'll single-handedly replace Lidstrom! No need for that Kronwall bum at all!

TheJuxtaposer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-24-2012, 11:46 PM
SDig14

Probably not much, likely meaning not worth trading them at all.

Schultz makes very few mistakes and is a steady guy to pair with one of our younger guys.

Omark has no value, none, unless a team thinks they'll actually give him a spot, in which case his value is probably a 5th round pick.

Tough to say the value of Paajarvi. Solid rookie season, regressed as a sophomore, poor start to his 3rd year but he's been playing much better lately IMO so he could be getting it together.

SDig14 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-25-2012, 12:37 PM
JWINK19
southern Devils fan

Quote:
Nyquist and Paajarvi are not that far off when it comes to overall talent and skill.

Paajarvi is younger and has already proven more at an NHL level. Detroit needs youth in their top 9. And Paajarvi would add size to that. Not to mention Detroit's coaching would probably turn Paajarvi into a much better player than he was with the Oilers.

Omark was never a bust at the NHL level, he was a bust on our 3rd and 4th lines for sure. He has no place in our top 6, where in Detroit he could replace a guy like Bertuzzi.

Schultz could bring stability to a team considering Coco cola is going to be a hot mess.

Yeah, Nyquist is 23, time for an AARP card.

JWINK19 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-25-2012, 01:14 PM
SirloinUB

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Nuge View Post
Lol you're kidding right? Why would we give up PRV for a massive downgrade on Schultz?
I dont think Dr. Quincy was implying they oilers should trade PRV, N. schultz for kindl. He was merely pointing out that PRV, Schultz and Omark is not enough to fetch Nyquist and Kindl. And he is right

SirloinUB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-25-2012, 03:08 PM
The Nuge
Farewell Smytty

vCash: 1026
Quote:
Originally Posted by SirloinUB View Post
I dont think Dr. Quincy was implying they oilers should trade PRV, N. schultz for kindl. He was merely pointing out that PRV, Schultz and Omark is not enough to fetch Nyquist and Kindl. And he is right
That's fine because Nyquist and Kindl wouldn't get you that package anyways

The Nuge is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
12-25-2012, 04:10 PM
DatsyukToZetterberg
Alligator!

vCash: 600
Quote:
Nyquist and Paajarvi are not that far off when it comes to overall talent and skill.

Paajarvi is younger and has already proven more at an NHL level. Detroit needs youth in their top 9. And Paajarvi would add size to that. Not to mention Detroit's coaching would probably turn Paajarvi into a much better player than he was with the Oilers.

Omark was never a bust at the NHL level, he was a bust on our 3rd and 4th lines for sure. He has no place in our top 6, where in Detroit he could replace a guy like Bertuzzi.

Schultz could bring stability to a team considering Coco cola is going to be a hot mess.
Wow, nice job striking out on all 3 points. I wouldn't move Nyquist for that package, let alone add to it. We are adding youth to our top 9 by adding Brunner + Nyquist this season. Next year Tatar will be up and we may even have Jarnkrok in the line up. Right there we add a 26 year old, a 23 year old a 22 year old and a 21 year old all added to our lineup in 2 years. We do not need to trade for youth just for the sake of it. Nyquist will be playing in the top 6 this season, would you trade your top 6 winger (that has 60-70 point potential) for that package?

Omark has ZERO value to the wings and wouldn't even have a place in among our 14 rostered forwards, he would still be behind Tatar, Andersson, Sheahan & maybe Ferraro for an injury call up. PRV while having an okay rookie year hasn't really found his offence since & is producing at quite a low level for someone of his stature. The fact you said Nyquist and Paajarvi are close in value shows to me you don't watch Nyquist play at all, even including the age difference they are far apart in value.

Paajarvi doesn't strike me as a top 6 forward. I see him ended up as a Dan Cleary type player ,a player that can play on any line but lacks that quality to stay in the top 6 (2nd/3rd line tweener, 20 goals-20 assists)

Schultz on the other hand I wouldn't mind trading for once the season begins, if we are having problems defensively. He has an okay first pass but brings very little offence to the table, his defensive play is his main selling point. I'd be willing to give up something like Pulkkinen+Kindl/2014 2nd for him but I wouldn't give up a top prospect or a 1st round pick for him.

Most wings fan have decided just to wait out the season to see how Smith and the rest of the defence is before we overpay for a defenceman we may or may not need.

DatsyukToZetterberg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-25-2012, 05:15 PM
Mystifo
Lol Doodle.

Quote:
Originally Posted by zeus3007 View Post
There are a couple of huge differences.

First, Kadri has never shown that he can be anything more than a top six forward, or that he has anything more than pure offense to his game. Pajaarvi has shown that he can be a solid two way player as a pro, in the NHL.

Second, Pajaarvi had a very good rookie year. Kadri hasn't been much at the NHL level. At most, you could say Pajaarvi had a horrific sophomore slump. Thats all.

And even if he hadn't made the NHL this year, who cares, one more year in the AHL working on his offense would do nothing but help his career, despite your off the wall claims.
You know it is funny how you say Kadri and MPS are not alike but yet this here is the same argument that leafs fan use to justify Kadri staying in the AHL.

Mystifo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-25-2012, 05:39 PM
Nacho
Special

Im sorry, but I laugh when people think Magnus has more trade value then Linus...

Nacho is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-25-2012, 05:45 PM
DatsyukToZetterberg
Alligator!

vCash: 600
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nacho View Post
Im sorry, but I laugh when people think Magnus has more trade value then Linus...
Why would Linus have more value than Magnus? Magnus can actually play in a bottom 6 role, Linus is top 6 or bust. If you're going to use stats to say otherwise Linus is playing with Zetterberg (P/G NHL forward) & Brunner (Premier scorer in the NLA) in the Swiss League.

DatsyukToZetterberg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-25-2012, 05:50 PM
Nacho
Special

Quote:
Originally Posted by DatsyukToZetterberg View Post
Why would Linus have more value than Magnus? Magnus can actually play in a bottom 6 role, Linus is top 6 or bust. If you're going to use stats to say otherwise Linus is playing with Zetterberg (P/G NHL forward) & Brunner (Premier scorer in the NLA) in the Swiss League.

Ive followed Paajarvi and Omark before their NHL time, and i have no clue what so ever where the hype for Magnus came from...

Old
12-25-2012, 05:53 PM
kmad
Riot Survivor

Paul Martin

kmad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-25-2012, 06:49 PM
zeus3007*

Quote:
Originally Posted by DatsyukToZetterberg View Post
Don't pay any attention to Nacho, he`s the biggest Omark fanboy in the world and thinks he`s a sure fire superstar. He doesn`t seem to realize that Linus Omark's refusal to play in the AHL makes his trade value almost nil, as teams have no need to take a chance on a guy who might not make their team and will run back to Sweden or Russia as soon as he gets sent to the farm.

zeus3007* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-25-2012, 09:03 PM
zeus3007*

Quote:
Ive followed Paajarvi and Omark before their NHL time, and i have no clue what so ever where the hype for Magnus came from...
I guess you must be right and the scouts who ranked Pajaarvi in the first round were wrong.

zeus3007* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-25-2012, 09:25 PM
oilerbear

Quote:
Originally Posted by lakai17 View Post
What can Edmonton get for a package of Nick Schultz, Magnus Paajarvi and Linus Omark?
Dubnyk was .750 Win % with .938 Sv% with a top 4 of
Smid-Petry
Whitney-N. Schultz

No!

oilerbear is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-26-2012, 12:53 AM
Minimalist*

Nobody wants Omark, and Edm would be retarded if they sold off Shultz on potnential value. Hes not going anywhere.

So that leaves MPS. Id roll the dice and pay a 15-25 first rounder for him.

Edit- Mixed up the Shultzs.

Last edited by Minimalist*: 12-26-2012 at 01:01 AM.
Minimalist* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-26-2012, 03:07 AM
Nacho
Special

Quote:
Originally Posted by zeus3007 View Post
I guess you must be right and the scouts who ranked Pajaarvi in the first round were wrong.
LoL at scouts, they probably saw him score a goal in a WC game and thought he has some supreme goalscorer... But fine if you believe Magnus is such a great player then good luck with that...

Old
12-26-2012, 03:28 PM
lakai17

vCash: 50
Quote:
LoL at scouts, they probably saw him score a goal in a WC game and thought he has some supreme goalscorer... But fine if you believe Magnus is such a great player then good luck with that...
Wait until Paajarvi fills out, not many players his size can skate like he does, very rare. The AHL stint will only improve his game. He's breaking out as we speak.

lakai17 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
12-26-2012, 04:13 PM
WeridAl
YuckaFlux

Quote:
Wait until Paajarvi fills out, not many players his size can skate like he does, very rare. The AHL stint will only improve his game. He's breaking out as we speak.
Your a little behind the times with Paajarvi, he has filled out and has developed a physical game. Has made a number of monster hits playing in the AHL this season. The biggest fault of MPS's was that he was not physical, that is a fault no more. As to Nacho he loves to flame the Oilers and should be ignored.

What I cannot understand why make a proposal that involves one of the Oilers better veteran D, a area that they are weak in, and one of their top prospects that is turning into a force to be watched out for. If you have ever listened to Tambo, you would know that the Oilers a very high on Paajarvi, especially with his improvement in the AHL this season.

Omark will be traded, that is a fact, but on the Oilers terms and not Omarks. With his performance this season in Europe, his value has probably increased.

WeridAl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-27-2012, 11:03 AM
ThatGuy22

Quote:
Originally Posted by Petro Points View Post
Wonder if EDM can fetch Brodin + Clutterbuck for this package..
Not a shot. Our system is already clogged with forward prospects, and with Brodin and Dumba being really all we on the D side of things, it would be tough to get either. Brodin especially though as he is pretty close to a surefire NHLer. He has #1 D upside, and I would take him as our #4 if the season started tomorrow(and his clavicle wasn't broken).

ThatGuy22 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
12-27-2012, 11:06 AM
craigcaulks*
Registered Luser.

Quote:
Originally Posted by seanlinden View Post
What would the Oilers be seeking for just Schultz? no interest in the latter 2.
That would be amusing, the Oil trade a guy that wants to be there. I can see UFA's lining up for that sort of treatment.

craigcaulks* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-27-2012, 11:08 AM
lakai17

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by WeridAl View Post
Your a little behind the times with Paajarvi, he has filled out and has developed a physical game. Has made a number of monster hits playing in the AHL this season. The biggest fault of MPS's was that he was not physical, that is a fault no more. As to Nacho he loves to flame the Oilers and should be ignored.

What I cannot understand why make a proposal that involves one of the Oilers better veteran D, a area that they are weak in, and one of their top prospects that is turning into a force to be watched out for. If you have ever listened to Tambo, you would know that the Oilers a very high on Paajarvi, especially with his improvement in the AHL this season.

Omark will be traded, that is a fact, but on the Oilers terms and not Omarks. With his performance this season in Europe, his value has probably increased.
Klefbom and J.Schultz will be on the team with Smid and Petry, Whitney and Marincin and Musil will be pushing for a spot in a few years makes the package more intriging with the Swedes.

lakai17 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
12-27-2012, 11:09 AM
penguins2946*

Quote:
What can Edmonton get for a package of Nick Schultz, Magnus Paajarvi and Linus Omark?
I'd trade one of Dumoulin/Despres for Paajarvi, but I wouldn't be interested in any of the other pieces. Maybe Martin for Paajarvi? Both are struggling on their respective teams, maybe a change of scenery could do them both good.

penguins2946* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-27-2012, 11:54 AM
WeridAl
YuckaFlux

Quote:
Klefbom and J.Schultz will be on the team with Smid and Petry, Whitney and Marincin and Musil will be pushing for a spot in a few years makes the package more intriging with the Swedes.
Not a good idea to have 2 rookie D in the same year and Marincin and Musil are still a couple of years off. Keep N.Schultz around till the TDL to supply that veteran leadership, then trade him. You'll get a better bang for your buck at the TDL for N.Schultz. Dreaming to believe that Whitney is resign and I would rather have N.Schultz on my team then Whitney.

Outside Whitney and Smid there's not much experience with your proposed D, not that bright of a idea. You need some veteran leadership to school these kids along, at least for another year or 2.

Your line of thinking would only result in the Oilers finishing as another lottery pick team, or ruining some great prospect D.

Old
12-27-2012, 11:58 AM
WeridAl
YuckaFlux

Quote:
Originally Posted by penguins2946 View Post
I'd trade one of Dumoulin/Despres for Paajarvi, but I wouldn't be interested in any of the other pieces. Maybe Martin for Paajarvi? Both are struggling on their respective teams, maybe a change of scenery could do them both good.
Want nothing to do with Martin and his contract, also Paajarvi is not struggling this year so your line of thinking has no bases.