HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk Trade rumors, transactions, and free agent talk. Rumors must use the RUMOR prefix in thread title. Proposals must contain the PROPOSAL prefix in the thread title.

Keith Yandle to the Habs

Old
12-24-2012, 11:12 PM
Chacal667

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by YotesFan47 View Post
I'd be willing to send you Yandle for Eller, Gallagher, and a 2013 1st. If Eller isn't ready for 2nd line duty I would be just fine sitting him on the 3rd.

Boedker - Vermette - Doan
Sullivan - Hanzal - Vrbata
Korpikoski - Eller - Moss
Chipchura - Gordon - Johnson

OEL - Michalek
Stone/Summers/Gormley - Morris
Schlemko - Klesla
done deal, if we keep plek and we only give eller.

(except that I give my first pick only if it's a middle-late pick).

Chacal667 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
12-24-2012, 11:15 PM
glenbuis

Quote:
I'd be willing to send you Yandle for Eller, Gallagher, and a 2013 1st. If Eller isn't ready for 2nd line duty I would be just fine sitting him on the 3rd.

OEL - Michalek
Schlemko - Klesla
Sorry. montreal is in the business of collecting first round picks this year. Not giving them away.

glenbuis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-24-2012, 11:38 PM
rt
Usually Incorrect

Quote:

OEL - Michalek
Schlemko - Klesla
Holy. Moly. That is just horrifyingly awful. Unless, of course, that is a top five pick. If it is top five, than I might consider it (Montreal can keep Gallagher), but if it is seventh overall or later, no thanks.

12-24-2012, 11:44 PM
Chacal667

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brody View Post
That's crazy, Plekanec does not hold the same value as Krejci. Grabovski holds more value than Plekanec anyway, so would you agree that Grabovski for Yandle is a fair deal? Gorges an overpayment...?
I prefer Plekanec over Grabovski by a lot, Grabovski is just a lil freak ass, plek is a real professionnal. Maybe Grabo is a lil bit better offensively but plek is more responsible defensively.

Old
12-24-2012, 11:45 PM
YotesFan47

Quote:
Originally Posted by rt View Post
Holy. Moly. That is just horrifyingly awful. Unless, of course, that is a top five pick. If it is top five, than I might consider it (Montreal can keep Gallagher), but if it is seventh overall or later, no thanks.
Whoops, went back to double check and I thought this was the post where the pick was assumed to be a top 5 but I didn't see it. I take back my offer if its not a top 5, that will be the only reason I'm ok with making this trade. I would like to get Gallagher along with Eller and the 1st, we lack good prospect depth up front and if his size proves not to be a problem then he could be a welcomed addition a few years from now on our roster.

YotesFan47 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-24-2012, 11:46 PM
glenbuis

Imagine. If it is a top 5 pick u might consider it . Because there is a good chance it will be a top 5 pick, it wouldn't happen.

Old
12-24-2012, 11:46 PM
Chacal667

Quote:
Whoops, went back to double check and I thought this was the post where the pick was assumed to be a top 5 but I didn't see it. I take back my offer if its not a top 5, that will be the only reason I'm ok with making this trade. I would like to get Gallagher along with Eller and the 1st, we lack good prospect depth up front and if his size proves not to be a problem then he could be a welcomed addition a few years from now on our roster.
so you think yandle worth gallagher, eller and mackinnon ? really ?

Old
12-24-2012, 11:48 PM
rt
Usually Incorrect

Yeah, there is no way in Hell I trade Yandle for Eller and one of Shinkaruk or Pulock. No way.

rt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-24-2012, 11:50 PM
Chacal667

Quote:
Originally Posted by rt View Post
Yeah, there is no way in Hell I trade Yandle for Eller and one of Shinkaruk or Pulock. No way.
yea I believe that but there is no way we trade mackinnon for Yandle if we draft him.

Old
12-24-2012, 11:56 PM
YotesFan47

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chacal667 View Post
so you think yandle worth gallagher, eller and mackinnon ? really ?
Who says it's going to be Mackinnon? But to answer your question, yes I do. Yandle is offensively gifted and a character individual, he may not have outstanding defense but its not bad defense either, hes just kind of average. Yandle is worth every bit of a top 5 pick and Eller.

YotesFan47 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-24-2012, 11:58 PM
rt
Usually Incorrect

As somebody stated so succinctly earlier in this thread, there is no deal to be made, here.

With longer wind; Montreal should have no interest in moving pieces like Galchenyuk or Sean Monahan(for example) for Yandle. The Coyotes obviously should have no interest in moving Yandle for pieces like Desharnais or Brendan Gallagher. Montreal had a lotto pick last season and should be focused on their rebuild. Phoenix was in the Conference finals last season and should be focussed on winning games now.

Some might argue that Plekanec for Yandle helps Phoenix win more games. Personally, I disagree, but I suppose that could be a decent discussion. All of this ancillary, acquire Yandle by piece meal stuff is just noise though. Waste of bandwidth.

What would Montreal add to Plekanec in order to convince Phoenix to part with Yandle. I guess maybe that is a question worth asking and probably the only reasonable framework with which to discuss Yandle to Montreal scenarios.

Last edited by rt: 12-25-2012 at 11:37 AM.
rt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-24-2012, 11:59 PM
Chacal667

Quote:
Who says it's going to be Mackinnon? But to answer your question, yes I do. Yandle is offensively gifted and a character individual, he may not have outstanding defense but its not bad defense either, hes just kind of average. Yandle is worth every bit of a top 5 pick and Eller.
a top 5 pick maybe but, not barkov, mackinnon, jones, mohanan.

Old
12-25-2012, 12:02 AM
glenbuis

I understand why phoenix fans would valu Yandle alot. Unfortuneately he doesn't fit the mold or template of the type of players were seeking. This Hanzal you speak of has our attention though.