HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk Trade rumors, transactions, and free agent talk. Rumors must contain the word RUMOR in post title. Proposals must contain the word PROPOSAL in post title.

LA - Edm

Old
12-25-2012, 12:18 PM
thalegion

vCash: 500
LA - Edm

Edmonton has an entitled kid named Linus Omark in the Swiss League

LA has Bud Holloway in the SEL both are doing well in their leagues

Swap em?

thalegion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-25-2012, 12:33 PM
Muzzinga
Regehr GOAT

Seems good to this Kings fan, Holloway is never going to play for the Kings anyway, so may aswell get something for him. Would rather a pick though tbh

Muzzinga is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-25-2012, 01:02 PM
zeus3007*

I thought of this as well yesterday after seeing the Bud Holloway in the SEL thread. Not sure if Holloway would make the Oilers roster either, but he'd have a better shot than Linus I'm sure.

I'd even offer a late pick as incentive (6th or 7th) if he's a center, but I honestly know very little about him aside from the thread yesterday and his Hockey DB profile.

zeus3007* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-25-2012, 01:07 PM
kingsofLA

Just give us Tuebert back. We need some muscle in Manchester in the back end.

kingsofLA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-25-2012, 01:08 PM
thalegion

Quote:
Originally Posted by zeus3007 View Post
I thought of this as well yesterday after seeing the Bud Holloway in the SEL thread. Not sure if Holloway would make the Oilers roster either, but he'd have a better shot than Linus I'm sure.

I'd even offer a late pick as incentive (6th or 7th) if he's a center, but I honestly know very little about him aside from the thread yesterday and his Hockey DB profile.
That's exactly where I got idea and yeah imdb

thalegion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-25-2012, 01:11 PM
Telos
In Dean We Trust

vCash: 424
Send a message via ICQ to Telos Send a message via AIM to Telos Send a message via MSN to Telos Send a message via Yahoo to Telos
I'd be alright with it. Might as well get something for him.

“This is for you Kings fans wherever you may be. All the frustration and disappointment of the past is gone. The 45 year drought is over. The Los Angeles Kings are indeed the Kings of the National Hockey League. They are the 2012 Stanley Cup Champions!” - Bob Miller
Telos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-25-2012, 01:13 PM
Minor Boarding

Quote:
Originally Posted by thalegion View Post

Swap em?
NO to this trade/swap because:
a)I don't think Omark has NHL game - full time NHL potential.
b)He doesn't make the Kings lineup and certainly isn't Lombardi kind of a player.
c)Based on Lombardis history, he would deal Holloway for picks or gritty prospects...

Minor Boarding is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-25-2012, 01:41 PM
WeridAl
YuckaFlux

Omark isn't going to make the Oilers and neither would Bud Holloway. The problem with Bud Holloway he doesn't bring anything the Oilers need, if he was a RHS winger I would consider it, Oilers pass.

WeridAl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-25-2012, 01:49 PM
KingCanadain1976

I would love this trade as said above hollaway wont make the kings and i think omark has a slight shot at it. With gagne and penner being free agents at the end I think i would be ok with omark pearson fighting it out for the second or 3rd line postion that would be open ( depending on king or clifford moving up a line) I think omark would be a good option for shootout which we kinda sucked at last year.

KingCanadain1976 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-25-2012, 02:09 PM
glenbuis

I fail to see what role Omark could have on the kings if there already set at water bottle guy, trainer, stick guy etc...

glenbuis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-25-2012, 02:58 PM
ManByng
Moroz fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by kingsofLA View Post
nope

ManByng is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-25-2012, 02:59 PM
ManByng
Moroz fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by glenbuis View Post
I fail to see what role Omark could have on the kings if there already set at water bottle guy, trainer, stick guy etc...
i feel exactly the same about Holloway

ManByng is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-25-2012, 03:10 PM
Minor Boarding

Quote:
He would play in Ontario* where he did before he got traded...

--lock and load, Denny Crane

*Ontario, California -> Ontario Reign, ECHL

Last edited by Minor Boarding: 12-25-2012 at 03:17 PM.
Old
12-25-2012, 03:19 PM
TwoForRoughing
Let's do it again!

Nah. Kings have no need for Linus Omark. Give us a fourth round pick or something.

TwoForRoughing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-25-2012, 03:30 PM
kingsofLA

Quote:
Originally Posted by Minor Boarding View Post
He would play in Ontario* where he did before he got traded...

--lock and load, Denny Crane

*Ontario, California -> Ontario Reign, ECHL
We have enought midgets on D. Im sure one of those guys can make the trip. It is tough watching our D in A not clearing the front of the gate. The only guy that is able to do that Campbel and he already missed a couple of games because of injuries.

Old
12-25-2012, 05:12 PM
zeus3007*

Quote:
Originally Posted by TwoForRoughing View Post
Nah. Kings have no need for Linus Omark. Give us a fourth round pick or something.
I'd give up the 4th we get in a trade for Omark for him, ha ha. As long as he's willing to go in OKC for a year.

Old
12-25-2012, 05:17 PM
Minor Boarding

Quote:
We have enought midgets on D. Im sure one of those guys can make the trip. It is tough watching our D in A not clearing the front of the gate. The only guy that is able to do that Campbel and he already missed a couple of games because of injuries.
What you want is a veteran defensman not Teubert who's game has struggled at the AHL level then.

Bodnarchuk, Campbell, Deslauriers are all players that are more than capable of clearing the crease...Are they young and make mistakes that made MCH lose games they should've maybe won? Of course, but just because the lack of consistency annoys you - I am afraid Lombardi and Hextall see the AHL (Manchester Monarchs) as a developmental league and veterans aren't gonna be signed to take away minutes at that level...

But look at the bright side...The Monarchs have been a playoff team for quite some time, despite dressing some of the youngest AHL rosters...

Old
12-25-2012, 05:22 PM
Minor Boarding

Quote:
I'd give up the 4th we get in a trade for Omark for him, ha ha. As long as he's willing to go in OKC for a year.
You missed the little obvious fact that Holloway doesn't want to play in the AHL anymore and thats why he went to SWE in the first place...

Old
12-25-2012, 07:21 PM
kingsofLA

Quote:
What you want is a veteran defensman not Teubert who's game has struggled at the AHL level then.

Bodnarchuk, Campbell, Deslauriers are all players that are more than capable of clearing the crease...Are they young and make mistakes that made MCH lose games they should've maybe won? Of course, but just because the lack of consistency annoys you - I am afraid Lombardi and Hextall see the AHL (Manchester Monarchs) as a developmental league and veterans aren't gonna be signed to take away minutes at that level...

But look at the bright side...The Monarchs have been a playoff team for quite some time, despite dressing some of the youngest AHL rosters...
Not only is our ahl team in need of a big defensive dmen, but our big club could loose Scuderi and Mitchell within after this season. Yes, we have roach, gravel and forbert, but they are probably going to need some seasoning in the A.

Now out of Bodnarchuk, Campbell, and Deslauriers only Campbell is a real defensive dmen and looks like he has a ways to go even after his fifth year in the A. Bodnarchuk was great the first 2 months and now is coming back to earth. And lets not kid ourselves, bodnarchuk is more of career Ahler since he already has 5 ahl seasons under his belt. Deslauriers has been pretty good the last month, but has J johnson issues ( not that great defensively).

Tuebert would be cheap to try bring back to LA, and we would be given up an asset that has turn his back on Our team. Tuebert had some spot duty with bug club last year, so has to be atleast worthy for our AHL team. Worst thing, he adds competition and insurance to both our Ahl team and maybe our big club if he improves.

Old
12-25-2012, 07:46 PM
zeus3007*

Quote:
You missed the little obvious fact that Holloway doesn't want to play in the AHL anymore and thats why he went to SWE in the first place...
I didn't miss that at all, but perhaps a team with more emphasis on prospects and less of a log jam with established NHL players would entice him to give it a shot with another AHL team. Perhaps the light at the end of the tunnel in the Edmonton system would be brighter than that in Los Angeles for a prospect like Holloway. That's why I said IF if would be willing to go to the AHL. He might not, all we know for sure is that he didn't want to toil in the Kings system.

Old
12-25-2012, 10:36 PM
oilerbear

Quote:
Originally Posted by thalegion View Post

Swap em?
The guy made 1.2M in the KHL.

Was a U22 20G scorer in the RSL/KHL like Ovechkin, Malkin, Semin, Kovalchuk.

You call him entitled.

When he played with Paajarvi, Gagner, hartikainen he was .876 PPG.

oilerbear is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-25-2012, 11:41 PM
Eskimo44

Quote:
Originally Posted by oilerbear View Post
The guy made 1.2M in the KHL.

Was a U22 20G scorer in the RSL/KHL like Ovechkin, Malkin, Semin, Kovalchuk.

You call him entitled.

When he played with Paajarvi, Gagner, hartikainen he was .876 PPG.
You know despite being an Oilers fan i feel for Linus and think some of those stretches of NHL play that were less than stellar say more about the Oil than Omark. This guy has been quality, a star even, at every level short of the NHL. And even then in the NHL he's had some great stretches (as you aptly pointed out). I really do think given a shot Omark is going to be a player, he's just too talented. I've never seen anything more hyperbolized than Omarks defensive game, yet everyone turns a blind eye to how exceptionally talented he is with the puck. Watching him in the AHL it looked like he was playing against kids, on a totally different level.

Eskimo44 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-26-2012, 02:51 AM
oiler182

I am a big omark fan and LA is one of the few teams i see him doing well on because the size of your forwards. The oilers had to many small guys to fit him in.

oiler182 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-26-2012, 04:11 AM
Nacho
Special

Quote:

Hes Canadian, what more do you need to know...

Nacho is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-26-2012, 06:12 AM
Frolov 6'3
Unregistered User

Quote:
Not only is our ahl team in need of a big defensive dmen, but our big club could loose Scuderi and Mitchell within after this season. Yes, we have roach, gravel and forbert, but they are probably going to need some seasoning in the A.

Now out of Bodnarchuk, Campbell, and Deslauriers only Campbell is a real defensive dmen and looks like he has a ways to go even after his fifth year in the A. Bodnarchuk was great the first 2 months and now is coming back to earth. And lets not kid ourselves, bodnarchuk is more of career Ahler since he already has 5 ahl seasons under his belt. Deslauriers has been pretty good the last month, but has J johnson issues ( not that great defensively).

Tuebert would be cheap to try bring back to LA, and we would be given up an asset that has turn his back on Our team. Tuebert had some spot duty with bug club last year, so has to be atleast worthy for our AHL team. Worst thing, he adds competition and insurance to both our Ahl team and maybe our big club if he improves.
Is that because of a new cba, so his contract is not valid anymore ? Mitchel has a deal until 2014.

I'm confused anyway because what is Teubert going to change ? He's exactly like you describe some other players.

Last edited by Frolov 6'3: 12-26-2012 at 06:17 AM.
Frolov 6'3 is offline   Reply With Quote