HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > Other Leagues > The KHL
The KHL Discuss the Continental Hockey League (Kontinentalnaya Hokkeynaya Liga).

KHL (Kontinental Hockey League) 2012-2013 season part II

Closed Thread

Old
12-24-2012, 05:31 PM
vorky
@vorkywh24

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tatanik View Post
Seriously, what are reliable sources in your opinion, as you just seem to say everything is unreliable?
make a research, you can speak russian

I have never said "everything is unreliable"

Old
12-24-2012, 07:25 PM
Ryker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Faterson View Post
Višňovský has been rather unlucky in his NHL career. He's the direct opposite of Dustin Penner. Both the LA Kings and Anaheim Ducks have won the Stanley Cup, but Višňovský happened to be playing for the other South-Californian team when that occurred, both times. With Dustin Penner, it's exactly the opposite -- he managed to win both Stanley Cups by getting transferred at the right time. Višňovský and Penner even share the Edmonton Oilers as their "transition" team.

Hockey can be unfair sometimes.
That's not unlucky. With him on the "winning" team, the season would have played out entirely differently. Is there a chance they would still have won the Cup? Yes, but you can't bank on it. He's as (un)lucky as any other NHLer.

Old
12-24-2012, 07:25 PM
Dynamo81

Quote:
Originally Posted by bizoncol View Post
I'm Belarusian and 10 years of my life I spent in the USSR, then 10 years in the country that is ruled by the last dictator of Europe and another 10 years in the US. I can write a book about the difference between free society and totalitrism. What Višňovský said is how a lot of people even in Russia feel about their country and hockey, just read the comments.
So you lived 10 years in the USSR, 10 years in Belarus, 10 years in the United States and are now an expert on how Russians living in modern day Russia feel about their country

Old
12-25-2012, 11:48 AM
ModryJazyk

I have one question, why KHL is split to 12-14 tems/conference, not 13-13 ? One russian team from one of western divisons should be moved to a eastern division.Maybe two teams if Milano/Zagreb will join KHL next season ...

Old
12-25-2012, 12:11 PM
cska78

Send a message via AIM to cska78 Send a message via Yahoo to cska78
Rolinek and Salavat part ways.
http://www.hcsalavat.ru/?show=19631

dunno if they are freeing up a spot for an NHLer or Slepyshev.

Old
12-25-2012, 12:19 PM
Ryker

Quote:
Originally Posted by cska78 View Post
Rolinek and Salavat part ways.
http://www.hcsalavat.ru/?show=19631

dunno if they are freeing up a spot for an NHLer or Slepyshev.
Might also just be because he's playing like crap.

Old
12-25-2012, 12:56 PM
vorky
@vorkywh24

Quote:
Originally Posted by ModryJazyk View Post
I have one question, why KHL is split to 12-14 tems/conference, not 13-13 ? One russian team from one of western divisons should be moved to a eastern division.Maybe two teams if Milano/Zagreb will join KHL next season ...
logistics, next season can be changes

Old
12-25-2012, 12:57 PM
bizzz*

Quote:
Originally Posted by ModryJazyk View Post
No one wants to fly to Khabrovsk probably. Also I was always wondering why the MLB is split to 14-16 teams conferences.

Old
12-25-2012, 01:15 PM
Tatanik

Send a message via MSN to Tatanik
Quote:
No one wants to fly to Khabrovsk probably. Also I was always wondering why the MLB is split to 14-16 teams conferences.
Surely that only really matters in the playoffs though, and it would mean just two more trips, as each team (apart from the paired rival team) plays each other home and away once, which means a team in the East like Salavat, goes to Khabarovsk the same amount of times as Lev does in the regular season

Old
12-25-2012, 01:34 PM
vorky
@vorkywh24

Do you know why there is 14 club in west and 12 in East?

How many year have you followed KHL? I dont remember your comment in KHL section before this season.

Old
12-25-2012, 01:39 PM
bizzz*

Quote:
Surely that only really matters in the playoffs though, and it would mean just two more trips, as each team (apart from the paired rival team) plays each other home and away once, which means a team in the East like Salavat, goes to Khabarovsk the same amount of times as Lev does in the regular season
I think this happened because the KHL expanding to the West (Donbass and Slovan just entered the league). They should have moved Torpedo to the east to make the Conferences even, but I doubt they would be happy in Nizhnij Novgorod. Anyway it's much cheaper for the teams to play on the West. It's like NHL where all the Eastern Conference teams are in the same time zone, while teams on the West are traveling all round the continent.

Old
12-25-2012, 01:53 PM
Faterson

It's not cheaper in any way this season, because all teams play each other twice (except for a single pair of teams). KHL conferences and especially divisions are meaningless this season. But, like Vorky said, it's only temporary until next season. It's true, though, that there's now more competition for play-off spots in the West than in the East, which is not exactly fair.

Old
12-25-2012, 01:54 PM
vorky
@vorkywh24

Quote:
I think this happened because the KHL expanding to the West (Donbass and Slovan just entered the league). They should have moved Torpedo to the east to make the Conferences even, but I doubt they would be happy in Nizhnij Novgorod. Anyway it's much cheaper for the teams to play on the West. It's like NHL where all the Eastern Conference teams are in the same time zone, while teams on the West are traveling all round the continent.
it was never considered to move Torpedo to East.

Old
12-25-2012, 02:53 PM
Tatanik

Send a message via MSN to Tatanik
Quote:
Originally Posted by vorky View Post
How many year have you followed KHL? I dont remember your comment in KHL section before this season.
I presume you're talking to me.. ha.

Old
12-25-2012, 03:02 PM
Faterson

Quote:
I presume you're talking to me.. ha.

Old
12-25-2012, 03:09 PM
vorky
@vorkywh24

Quote:
It's not cheaper in any way this season, because all teams play each other twice (except for a single pair of teams). KHL conferences and especially divisions are meaningless this season. But, like Vorky said, it's only temporary until next season. It's true, though, that there's now more competition for play-off spots in the West than in the East, which is not exactly fair.
Divisions have only one reason - winners have spot no.1 or no.2 in play-off. We will see what happens next season.

It is 1st season when West is stronger than East as I know. So, be proud that Slovan is able to make play-off

Old
12-25-2012, 04:14 PM
bizzz*

Quote:
Originally Posted by vorky View Post
it was never considered to move Torpedo to East.
Yes, but if they decided to move one team to the Eastern Conference that should have been Torpedo cause Nizhnij Novgorod is the only city to the east of Moscow. Yaroslavl and Cherepovets are more to the north and the rest of the teams are located to the west or around Moscow.

Old
12-25-2012, 04:21 PM
bizzz*

Quote:
I haven't relized that they changed schedule this way. That's like was back in the USSR in 80's.

Old
12-25-2012, 04:28 PM
vorky
@vorkywh24

Quote:
Yes, but if they decided to move one team to the Eastern Conference that should have been Torpedo cause Nizhnij Novgorod is the only city to the east of Moscow. Yaroslavl and Cherepovets are more to the north and the rest of the teams are located to the west or around Moscow.
sure. They changed schedule for this season as Faterson View Post said. Previous seasons it worked like in NHL (cca). Club played 4 games against teams from own division, 2 games against rest of league. If I remember. This season are 2 divisions with 7 clubs, two divisions with 6. It is not possible to have schudulling like in past. We will see next season.

Old
12-25-2012, 04:51 PM
cska78

Send a message via AIM to cska78 Send a message via Yahoo to cska78
this year a lot of KHL teams are cheating the rule about young players by dressing the backup as one of the required youngsters. Vityaz' payed dearly for that today, Kasutin gets injured, instead of Lisutin, they dress Saprykin to cheat the rule and he allows 2 goals on 7, looses them the game.

Old
12-25-2012, 05:01 PM
Ryker

Quote:
this year a lot of KHL teams are cheating the rule about young players by dressing the backup as one of the required youngsters. Vityaz' payed dearly for that today, Kasutin gets injured, instead of Lisutin, they dress Saprykin to cheat the rule and he allows 2 goals on 7, looses them the game.
I saw the game, and he wasn't the reason for the loss. Maybe he could've had Wirtanen's goal, but that was just the final nail in the coffin.

Old
12-25-2012, 05:10 PM
vorky
@vorkywh24

Quote:
GMs in KHL are as clever as GMs in NHL (salary cap and long term deals)

Old
12-26-2012, 09:38 AM
Faterson

LOL, what's going on at Dynamo Moscow's arena... Players skating around for many minutes in half-darkness, instead of starting the game.

Old
12-26-2012, 10:07 AM
SimplySensational
Heard of Hough

vCash: 888
Technical difficulties in this Dynamo Slovan game getting annoying...

PBP is like 2 seconds ahead of video..

Old
12-26-2012, 10:22 AM
Ryker

Quote:
Originally Posted by SimplySensational View Post
Technical difficulties in this Dynamo Slovan game getting annoying...

PBP is like 2 seconds ahead of video..
Yeah, agreed, and it's also reverberating like mad.

Closed Thread