HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk Trade rumors, transactions, and free agent talk. Rumors must contain the word RUMOR in post title. Proposals must contain the word PROPOSAL in post title.

Tim Thomas to Toronto

Old
12-17-2012, 11:01 AM
Mystifo
Lol Doodle.

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by y2kcanucks View Post
Well when one goaltender has a team that's 95% healthy, and the other has a defense that's 100% injured/suspended/rookies what do you expect will happen?
TT also had a team who could not convert on the PP if you want to get into this....

Mystifo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-17-2012, 01:37 PM
BlueBaron

Quote:
Originally Posted by Numbers View Post
Just don't get why Burke would be interested in Thomas when he could have went after Vokoun?
I have to think us aquiring TT would be similar to when we got Kolzig. We would be burning Cap for a player not going to play for us in exchange for other assets. The question then becomes, what would Boston give us to take him off their hands ? (if Burke would even do that)

BlueBaron is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-17-2012, 01:47 PM
bb_fan

Quote:
Well when one goaltender has a team that's 95% healthy, and the other has a defense that's 100% injured/suspended/rookies what do you expect will happen?
A lot of excuses?

bb_fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-17-2012, 02:17 PM
Shawnathon

^Y2K always has a lot of excuses on why Luongo was so awful in the SCF. The team couldn't score no doubt. But there was no reason at all they should have been getting blown out of the water. That was on Luongo.

Shawnathon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-18-2012, 07:33 AM
nmbr_24

Quote:
Originally Posted by live playoff hockey View Post
his stats are far from impressive that year and the following one
Thatis because contrary to what the poster I was replying to, Thomas did not always have a great team in front of him. As a matter of fact, he had a great team 2 years tops.

nmbr_24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-18-2012, 07:39 AM
nmbr_24

Quote:
What team was 95% healthy? I know it wasn't Boston as they had their entire top line injured along with an injury to Chara.

I know the Canucks had a lot of injuries, so I am wondering what you are talking about.

Old
12-23-2012, 09:54 PM
jayball75

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr Quincy View Post
Luongo is a hot house flower who wilted when faced with the biggest games of his career. Thomas carried an inferior team on his back and won a title. Who was the better teammate? The guy who won and took all the pressure or the guy who whined, folded, complained and wanted his tires pumped?
Luongo would be the leafs worst nightmare come to life. Unless he's using this lockout to get some mental help for his fragile mind. Thomas isn't my favorite guy to watch but he flat out doesn't give up until the puck is saved or over the goal line.

jayball75 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-23-2012, 10:04 PM
PatriceBergeronFan
U.S. Army Hooah!

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlueBaron View Post
I have to think us aquiring TT would be similar to when we got Kolzig. We would be burning Cap for a player not going to play for us in exchange for other assets. The question then becomes, what would Boston give us to take him off their hands ? (if Burke would even do that)
I don't believe the Bruins adding an asset to one of the best goalies in the world and sending that goalie to a divisional rival is realistic.

PatriceBergeronFan is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
12-23-2012, 11:39 PM
VeddarRants
HEART AND SOUL

I love Tim Thomas. Certainly the best goaltender for the Bruins in my lifetime and one of the best in Bruins history.

However, historically goaltenders don't have good trade value. Add that to Thomas' age, and I don't think the Bruins will get a lot for him. I do know pre lockout, there were teams interested in his services and honestly, he would serve the Leafs well as a 1-2 year stop gap.

I think the best the Bruins can hope for from any team is a 2nd round pick or a young 20 something prospect. In the Leafs case, D'Amigo, Ashton or Blacker ( who's best friends with Seguin ) would probably be enough.

VeddarRants is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-23-2012, 11:41 PM
VeddarRants
HEART AND SOUL

Quote:
Originally Posted by craigcaulks View Post
More classic unmisremembering. Thomas played well, by he didn't carry the Bruins anywhere. They lost ALL THREE close games.
What? lol. I guess a record breaking performance in the Finals wasn't enough?

No Thomas = no cup for the Bruins. He was the Conn Smythe winner for a reason.

VeddarRants is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-24-2012, 02:07 AM
DougGilmour93

Quote:
Originally Posted by VeddarRants View Post
I love Tim Thomas. Certainly the best goaltender for the Bruins in my lifetime and one of the best in Bruins history.

However, historically goaltenders don't have good trade value. Add that to Thomas' age, and I don't think the Bruins will get a lot for him. I do know pre lockout, there were teams interested in his services and honestly, he would serve the Leafs well as a 1-2 year stop gap.

I think the best the Bruins can hope for from any team is a 2nd round pick or a young 20 something prospect. In the Leafs case, D'Amigo, Ashton or Blacker ( who's best friends with Seguin ) would probably be enough.
If this year is lost due to the lockout, than we'll just sign him in the offseason for free (no assets needed, just moolah)

DougGilmour93 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-24-2012, 05:12 AM
nmbr_24

Quote:
Originally Posted by DougGilmour93 View Post
If this year is lost due to the lockout, than we'll just sign him in the offseason for free (no assets needed, just moolah)
That is entirely possible but it is also entirely possible that the new CBA changes some things and the Bruins suspend Thomas and he still owes them a year and they don't have a cap hit while he is suspended. If nothing changes and the CBA still makes it so Thomas' cap hit counts whether he plays or not then I imagine the Bruins just let his contract run out and the Leafs could sign him. I just have a hard time seeing Burke sign Thomas for a bunch of reasons.

Old
12-24-2012, 12:18 PM
BlueBaron

Quote:
Originally Posted by NathanHortonFan View Post
I don't believe the Bruins adding an asset to one of the best goalies in the world and sending that goalie to a divisional rival is realistic.
So you think the Leafs should give up assets to aquire him if he isn't going to play ?

BlueBaron is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-24-2012, 08:15 PM
Alberta_OReilly_Fan
Bruin fan since 1975

Quote:
Originally Posted by skywarp75 View Post
Luongo is a consumate professional and teammate. Thomas is a self centered ******.
i think louongo has a reputation for throwing teammates under the bus when things dont go well... his interviews after games are often... questionable

as for thomas he was super loved by his teammates right up till the wheels fell off after the whole whitehouse thing... maybe the guy is under a lot of stress? i mean he did take the year off too... teammates usually are understanding if a guy acts up due to forces that are really difficult to deal with

i wish we knew... we dont.. but chances are his teammates might.

Alberta_OReilly_Fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-25-2012, 03:44 AM
TheGreat

I'll take Thomas over Loungo any day!! I dont care about political views as long as he plays Hockey!! One or two years of Thomas >>> Loungo and ****ed up contract(not mention is weak for mind state in pressure games) and the cost Van would want , would leafs ,more than bring Lu here

(On the Lu trade **** , leafs don't have a lot of good top forward prospects, so trading away Kradi or Colborne would hurt us alot, as for our defense prospects Rielly, Finn & Gardiner are OFF Limits for Luongo However for Miller i give some of those,, only put Miller in cause van fans say Lu is better

P.S. Buffalo would Never trade Miller not even for LU

TheGreat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-25-2012, 03:51 AM
TheGreat

Quote:
Originally Posted by VeddarRants View Post

I'll do D'Amigo plus late pick 4th or lower DEAL?? or we can sign him for free if it happens but again i do I'll do D'Amigo plus late pick 4th or lower

TheGreat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-25-2012, 02:16 PM
LEAFS FAN 4 EVER
Go Leafs Go

While I'm sure it wouldn't take a lot for Boston to move Tim Thomas the one thing which scares me about him is his age.

LEAFS FAN 4 EVER is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-25-2012, 02:35 PM
nmbr_24

Quote:
Originally Posted by LEAFS FAN 4 EVER View Post
While I'm sure it wouldn't take a lot for Boston to move Tim Thomas the one thing which scares me about him is his age.
It should probably scare you more that he has said he is taking the year off and then is an ufa.

Old
12-25-2012, 06:35 PM
DKH

Send a message via AIM to DKH
Quote:
Originally Posted by LEAFS FAN 4 EVER View Post
this from the team that had Johnny Bower. TT has another 2 very good years in him. I'd love to see him stay in Boston. Disappointed in some of his actions, but a good man and no dogs were kicked.

DKH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-25-2012, 06:50 PM
Dr Quincy

Quote:
Originally Posted by DKH View Post
this from the team that had Johnny Bower. TT has another 2 very good years in him. I'd love to see him stay in Boston. Disappointed in some of his actions, but a good man and no dogs were kicked.
I agree. I see no reason why Thomas can't be a #1 starter for at least 1 more season and a 50-50 split guy for a season after that. I'm not sure if he wants to play next year, but if I'm a team with a goalie in the pipeline but a year or 2 away I'd definitely sign him as an UFA.

Dr Quincy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-25-2012, 07:41 PM
Ballgarath

im sure some one has already said it but i only read a few posts and had to say , i wouldnt want that nut job any where near any team i wanted to see do well, TO deserves better than that nut job in the dressing room , stick with riemer scrivens OP rather than curse the the leafs with that drama queen.

Ballgarath is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-25-2012, 07:57 PM
Pyrophorus

Send a message via MSN to Pyrophorus Send a message via Yahoo to Pyrophorus Send a message via Skype™ to Pyrophorus
I would rather go with the young guys.

TT isn't coming back. There is no hockey, why go for such a desparation move? Go back to last year and replace the names
Thomas with Turco, and you basically got what you want.

Pyrophorus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-25-2012, 08:58 PM
Shawnathon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ballgarath View Post
im sure some one has already said it but i only read a few posts and had to say , i wouldnt want that nut job any where near any team i wanted to see do well, TO deserves better than that nut job in the dressing room , stick with riemer scrivens OP rather than curse the the leafs with that drama queen.
Yeah, there's noway I would want a guy who let in 8 goals in 7 games in a Stanley Cup final near any team I want to do well.

Shawnathon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-25-2012, 09:03 PM
EdmontonFanatic

I wouldn't say he's past his prime but he's only good for 1-2 more seasons.

EdmontonFanatic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-28-2012, 03:02 PM
Oates2Neely

How does this rumored "amnesty buyout" affect the goalie market?

Philly buys out Bryz?

Vancouver buys out Lui?

Boston buys out Thomas?

I think Timmy ends up in Toronto

Oates2Neely is offline   Reply With Quote