HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Ottawa Senators
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

The Official 2013 Draft Thread

Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools
Old
12-25-2012, 09:16 AM
  #176
DJB
Sens best prospect
 
DJB's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Country: Canada
Posts: 7,776
vCash: 563
Quote:
Originally Posted by Manked View Post
That's fine and dandy, it displays absolutely no proof that Murray will not take a Russian. And we passed on Kulikov because we took COWEN, that logic is very VERY flawed, sorry. Cowen is also rated higher there than Kulikov if you hadn't noticed...

The staff was high on Burmistrov, and Murray still made a move for a former 6th overall pick that 28 other GM's did not.
Rundblad didn't go 6th overall in his draft year. I think it was 17th. Point is, he passed over Tarasenko.

DJB is offline  
Old
12-25-2012, 10:15 AM
  #177
WasTeD
Gettn Wiggy wit it
 
WasTeD's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Location: in your head
Country: Equatorial Guinea
Posts: 14,317
vCash: 500
Send a message via Skype™ to WasTeD
Quote:
Originally Posted by DJB View Post
Rundblad didn't go 6th overall in his draft year. I think it was 17th. Point is, he passed over Tarasenko.
Filatov...

WasTeD is online now  
Old
12-25-2012, 12:55 PM
  #178
DJB
Sens best prospect
 
DJB's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Country: Canada
Posts: 7,776
vCash: 563
Quote:
Originally Posted by WasTeD View Post
Filatov...
Ah, the dots have now been connected in my rum filled head. lol.

Murray has never had any problems trading for, or signing FA Russians, he simply doesn't like drafting them where they are the most volitile. Guys like Kovalev who have been around in the NHL for a while don't pack up and leave for "greener pastures". Prospects are usually the ones to make that threat.

Heck Kuznetsov wouldn't come over here this year and he might not be here next year either because he wants to play in the Olympics and play for his club back in Russia.

DJB is offline  
Old
12-25-2012, 01:10 PM
  #179
Pilgore88
Registered User
 
Pilgore88's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2005
Location: East Coast
Posts: 3,680
vCash: 500
Robert Hagg will be interesting to watch this World Juniors. I see him as a riser come draft day, maybe not to the extent of Zib or Lindholm, but I can see him getting into the top 12 or so. Really like this kid, excited to see him and Wikstrand on the PP together, he has a cannon.

Pilgore88 is offline  
Old
12-25-2012, 07:10 PM
  #180
Marvelous Manked
Ooh to be a Gooner
 
Marvelous Manked's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: Sudbury/Ottawa
Country: Canada
Posts: 19,349
vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by DJB View Post
Ah, the dots have now been connected in my rum filled head. lol.

Murray has never had any problems trading for, or signing FA Russians, he simply doesn't like drafting them where they are the most volitile. Guys like Kovalev who have been around in the NHL for a while don't pack up and leave for "greener pastures". Prospects are usually the ones to make that threat.

Heck Kuznetsov wouldn't come over here this year and he might not be here next year either because he wants to play in the Olympics and play for his club back in Russia.
Filatov didn't even have a full season of NHL when he was traded for, your point is invalid.

Kuznetsov played in Russia in his draft year. Zadorov plays in Canada.

Marvelous Manked is offline  
Old
12-25-2012, 08:04 PM
  #181
DJB
Sens best prospect
 
DJB's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Country: Canada
Posts: 7,776
vCash: 563
Quote:
Originally Posted by Manked View Post
Filatov didn't even have a full season of NHL when he was traded for, your point is invalid.

Kuznetsov played in Russia in his draft year. Zadorov plays in Canada.
How is my point invalid? Murray never drafted Filitov and he was 3 years into his pro career when we acquired him. Murray swung for the fences hoping we could turn him around.

And Tarasenko was in Russia too. Again and Murray passed on Kulikov who played in the Q.

The proof is in the "pudding" so to speak. Murray has never drafted a Russian in the 1st round, and I simply don't see that changing. I'll eat my hat if he ever does.

DJB is offline  
Old
12-25-2012, 08:57 PM
  #182
WasTeD
Gettn Wiggy wit it
 
WasTeD's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Location: in your head
Country: Equatorial Guinea
Posts: 14,317
vCash: 500
Send a message via Skype™ to WasTeD
Murray didn't really 'pass' on Kulikov as Cowen was the higher ranked player that entire season...

WasTeD is online now  
Old
12-25-2012, 09:04 PM
  #183
ReginKarlssonLehner
Classless, no rispek
 
ReginKarlssonLehner's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2010
Posts: 21,807
vCash: 50
Yessssssss Hagg is innnn baby! And playing with Wikstrand?? Lawd we might be looking into the future here!

Watch his skating and pose, mature beyond his years.

ReginKarlssonLehner is offline  
Old
12-25-2012, 09:26 PM
  #184
sg58
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Posts: 2,206
vCash: 500
Hägg isn't in yet.

sg58 is offline  
Old
12-25-2012, 10:05 PM
  #185
Marvelous Manked
Ooh to be a Gooner
 
Marvelous Manked's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: Sudbury/Ottawa
Country: Canada
Posts: 19,349
vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by DJB View Post
How is my point invalid? Murray never drafted Filitov and he was 3 years into his pro career when we acquired him. Murray swung for the fences hoping we could turn him around.

And Tarasenko was in Russia too. Again and Murray passed on Kulikov who played in the Q.

The proof is in the "pudding" so to speak. Murray has never drafted a Russian in the 1st round, and I simply don't see that changing. I'll eat my hat if he ever does.
Your point is invalid because you have no evidence that Murray WILL NOT draft a Russian. I agree that the odds are very unlikely, but who do you think he picks if he had the first overall pick last year? That's what I thought. If the player is playing in Canada, there's no doubt in my mind that Murray would be willing to take them if they were the clear cut BPA.

You're saying that Murray will under no circumstances will draft a Russian, which simply put is beyond ludicrous on your part.

Marvelous Manked is offline  
Old
12-25-2012, 10:10 PM
  #186
WasTeD
Gettn Wiggy wit it
 
WasTeD's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Location: in your head
Country: Equatorial Guinea
Posts: 14,317
vCash: 500
Send a message via Skype™ to WasTeD
Quote:
Originally Posted by Manked View Post
Your point is invalid because you have no evidence that Murray WILL NOT draft a Russian. I agree that the odds are very unlikely, but who do you think he picks if he had the first overall pick last year? That's what I thought. If the player is playing in Canada, there's no doubt in my mind that Murray would be willing to take them if they were the clear cut BPA.

You're saying that Murray will under no circumstances will draft a Russian, which simply put is beyond ludicrous on your part.
Murray woulda picked Murray because Murray loves Murray's.

WasTeD is online now  
Old
12-25-2012, 10:12 PM
  #187
ReginKarlssonLehner
Classless, no rispek
 
ReginKarlssonLehner's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2010
Posts: 21,807
vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by steffeG View Post
Hägg isn't in yet.
Are you serious, I could have sworn I read he was in with Lindholm gone. It only makes sense.

ReginKarlssonLehner is offline  
Old
12-25-2012, 11:49 PM
  #188
sg58
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Posts: 2,206
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by ReginKarlssonLehner View Post
Are you serious, I could have sworn I read he was in with Lindholm gone. It only makes sense.
They're both with the team but they're gonna wait until they get further word on Lindholm's injury until they register the last D. Sweden's got Cze-Lat-Sui so might wait until after that to even make the decision.

sg58 is offline  
Old
01-04-2013, 10:56 AM
  #189
internetdotcom
11 + 15 + 19 = 666
 
internetdotcom's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Location: Capital O
Country: Canada
Posts: 10,646
vCash: 500
Send a message via MSN to internetdotcom Send a message via Yahoo to internetdotcom
Quote:
Originally Posted by General Granny View Post
I will give my left nut for Elias Lindholm.
Nopers. The right one, or no deal.

internetdotcom is offline  
Old
01-04-2013, 12:41 PM
  #190
TheOriginalSilf*
@real_saundies
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Location: Sudbury, ON
Country: Canada
Posts: 6,327
vCash: 500
After being at the 67's game last night against the Soo, and seeing the Soo play in Sudbury several times this season, I'm a big fan of Darnell Nurse. Such a smooth skater considering how big the guy is. Reminds me of a more physical Jared Cowen.

TheOriginalSilf* is offline  
Old
01-04-2013, 12:44 PM
  #191
saskriders
ColinGreening's#1fan
 
saskriders's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2010
Location: Calgary/Ottawa
Country: Canada
Posts: 17,468
vCash: 1322
Was anyone else impressed with Dano?

saskriders is online now  
Old
01-04-2013, 01:06 PM
  #192
JonnyMacSen
Divide and Conacher
 
JonnyMacSen's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Location: Ottawa, ON
Country: Canada
Posts: 1,965
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by saskriders View Post
Was anyone else impressed with Dano?
I was for sure, outside of a few dumb penalties he had a pretty solid tournament, if he's still around when we use our 3rd I'd take a chance on him.

JonnyMacSen is offline  
Old
01-04-2013, 01:19 PM
  #193
saskriders
ColinGreening's#1fan
 
saskriders's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2010
Location: Calgary/Ottawa
Country: Canada
Posts: 17,468
vCash: 1322
Quote:
Originally Posted by JonnyMacSen View Post
I was for sure, outside of a few dumb penalties he had a pretty solid tournament, if he's still around when we use our 3rd I'd take a chance on him.
Hell, I'd be willing to trade up and use a second-rounder.

saskriders is online now  
Old
01-04-2013, 01:59 PM
  #194
Qward
Moderator
Because! That's why!
 
Qward's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Location: Behind you, look out
Posts: 13,436
vCash: 265
Quote:
Originally Posted by saskriders View Post
Hell, I'd be willing to trade up and use a second-rounder.
...psst! We don't have a second round pick.

Qward is offline  
Old
01-04-2013, 02:11 PM
  #195
saskriders
ColinGreening's#1fan
 
saskriders's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2010
Location: Calgary/Ottawa
Country: Canada
Posts: 17,468
vCash: 1322
Quote:
Originally Posted by Qward View Post
...psst! We don't have a second round pick.
I forgot that trade up means keep what you have

saskriders is online now  
Old
01-04-2013, 02:20 PM
  #196
Qward
Moderator
Because! That's why!
 
Qward's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Location: Behind you, look out
Posts: 13,436
vCash: 265
Quote:
Originally Posted by saskriders View Post
I forgot that trade up means keep what you have
...Pssst! I misread what you wrote.

Qward is offline  
Old
01-04-2013, 11:54 PM
  #197
DJB
Sens best prospect
 
DJB's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Country: Canada
Posts: 7,776
vCash: 563
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheSilfverBullet View Post
After being at the 67's game last night against the Soo, and seeing the Soo play in Sudbury several times this season, I'm a big fan of Darnell Nurse. Such a smooth skater considering how big the guy is. Reminds me of a more physical Jared Cowen.
I've loved Nurse since the beginning of the year and have been pumping his tires quite a bit. He's flying a little bit under the radar but I really think someone is going to take this kid really high. Like almost top 5 high he is that good. My guess is somewhere between 6-8 wouldn't suprise me in the least.

I loved Reilly last year and this year my guy is Nurse so we'll see!

As for your comparison to Cowen, I like it, but I still think that with his skating, and his mean physical play, Pronger immediately comes to mind in his early days in the NHL.

DJB is offline  
Old
01-04-2013, 11:55 PM
  #198
WasTeD
Gettn Wiggy wit it
 
WasTeD's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Location: in your head
Country: Equatorial Guinea
Posts: 14,317
vCash: 500
Send a message via Skype™ to WasTeD
I'd love to get Max Domi. Both for the irony and the fact that I love the way he plays.

WasTeD is online now  
Old
01-05-2013, 08:07 AM
  #199
JonnyMacSen
Divide and Conacher
 
JonnyMacSen's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Location: Ottawa, ON
Country: Canada
Posts: 1,965
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by WasTeD View Post
I'd love to get Max Domi. Both for the irony and the fact that I love the way he plays.
We should shoot for Domi, Jordan Subban and Stephen Harper just to annoy all 3 fan bases in the general area

JonnyMacSen is offline  
Old
01-05-2013, 08:28 AM
  #200
R2010
Registered User
 
Join Date: May 2011
Posts: 641
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by JonnyMacSen View Post
We should shoot for Domi, Jordan Subban and Stephen Harper just to annoy all 3 fan bases in the general area
you're now on a terrorist watch list for having the words "shoot" and "Stephen Harper" in the same sentence

R2010 is offline  
Closed Thread

Forum Jump


Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 07:55 PM.

monitoring_string = "e4251c93e2ba248d29da988d93bf5144"
Contact Us - HFBoards - Archive - Privacy Statement - Terms of Use - Advertise - Top - AdChoices

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. ©2014 All Rights Reserved.