HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > Prospects
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Prospects Discuss hockey prospects from all over the world and the NHL Draft.

u17 World Challenge - Players To Watch

Old
12-24-2012, 03:52 AM
Eyelanders

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by perry2perry View Post
Weird that Rasmus Andersson has not been mentioned. Eligible for the 2015 draft, already plays good minutes in Allsvenskan with PP time. I've heard great things about Jakob Forsbacka Karlsson as well.
I have seen Malmö playing once or twice this season and Andersson has impressed me. Just a rock solid defenseman, has hockey smarts.

Eyelanders is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-24-2012, 05:37 AM
Hockeyfrilla

Quote:
Originally Posted by americanscout09 View Post

F - Anton Karlsson - not a tall player
Karlsson have solid size, 6'1/185cm

And we wont see Rasmus Andersson for the swedes, removed from the roster for some reason.

Hockeyfrilla is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-24-2012, 07:15 AM
HockeySensible
Smug Teuvo

I don't know if this video has already been posted, but here are some highlights of Aleksi Saarela:

The goal at the end was just for the lols. Kid looks crazy good.

HockeySensible is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-24-2012, 09:51 AM
americanscout09

Quote:
Originally Posted by joe89 View Post
Yeah, good names. Nylander and Andersson imo are the best at respective position, and Sandstrom just might the best Swedish G prospect since Markstrom. But this is shaping up to be a great age group for Sweden so you could mention half the team.
Thanks for reminding me about Sandstrom. Must have missed him. And Filip Karlsson is definately a great player and someone to look out for but i dont think he compares to the others on the list.

americanscout09 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-24-2012, 09:53 AM
americanscout09

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sparta2009 View Post
I have seen Malmö playing once or twice this season and Andersson has impressed me. Just a rock solid defenseman, has hockey smarts.
Rasmus is no longer on the roster for some reason.

Old
12-24-2012, 09:55 AM
bsmith14

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alberta tough View Post
Team Pacific do not take underagers.
thanks.

bsmith14 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-24-2012, 10:27 AM
joe89

Quote:
Thanks for reminding me about Sandstrom. Must have missed him. And Filip Karlsson is definately a great player and someone to look out for but i dont think he compares to the others on the list.
I think he was talking about http://www.eliteprospects.com/player.php?player=115158 who's one of the few 2015 eligibles to put up SuperElit numbers at this point. E-prospects actually has it wrong, he has 16p(not 10) in 21 games and that was after a slow start so he's been a point per game lately. In J18 he's completely dominant. We'll see how he fares here.

joe89 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-24-2012, 11:17 AM
americanscout09

Quote:
Originally Posted by joe89 View Post
I think he was talking about http://www.eliteprospects.com/player.php?player=115158 who's one of the few 2015 eligibles to put up SuperElit numbers at this point. E-prospects actually has it wrong, he has 16p(not 10) in 21 games and that was after a slow start so he's been a point per game lately. In J18 he's completely dominant. We'll see how he fares here.
OK! I haven't seen him play but ill definitely keep an eye out for him this upcoming weekend. Thank you!

Old
12-24-2012, 12:41 PM
Joe Hallenback

Team West

Jayce Hawryluk F - Will be relied on for offense. Having a great first year in Brandon. One of top 16 year old scorers in the league. Just a great combination of skill and tenacity. Won't find a guy that works as hard. Will surprise people by running them over.

Rourke Chartier F - Quietly having a very good rookie year for the Rockets. Very slick forward with alot of skill. Good speed and sees the ice well. Very good wrist shot.

Colin Shirley F - Big power forward. I watched him this year and didn't realize he was a 16 year old. Really uses his body well and isn't afraid to mix it up and play tough. Still growing. I expect him to be a surprise guy at the U17s.

Hayden Fleury D - All around talented blueline stud. So underrated everywhere. The best 16 year old D man in the league. 6'3 205 pounds and can skate. Just does everything so well. Getting more and more ice time as the season goes along.

Ryan Pilon D - Another Blue Chip D man from the Dub. Probably the 2nd best 16 year old D man after Fleury. Big,can skate and has a great shot. Very mature for a young D man, doesn't panic with the puck. Yes he is related to that Pilon, Rich is his Uncle

Joe Hallenback is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
12-24-2012, 04:49 PM
WeissFC
@WeissFC

Quote:
Hey Weiss. How do you think the u17 USA team will do this tournament and how do you think they compare to previous u17 ntdp teams.

Also, who do you think are the top players on the team. Do you think I was on point with Eichel, Milano, Collins and Tuch as the top four players?
I've seen this year's U17 team four times and I think the talent is slightly lower with what the NTDP typically has.

Heading into this tournament, injuries really hurt this team. Wegwerth told me he's slated to come back right after the tournament which hurts because I like what he's shown me in the two games I've seen him play in. I know Dylan Pavelek is also close to coming back, not sure if he'll be healthy enough for the tournament.

Behind Eichel, Milano, and Wilkie (the team's first line), the team lacks go-to goal scorers. Everyone knew the goaltending on this team would be the weakest point and that's been pretty true from what I've seen. Defensively this team is fairly solid and I really like Glover, Collins, and Fortunato (offensively).

Top four players on the team I'd say are Eichel, Milano, Glover, and Wilkie from what I've seen thus far. Collins, Wegwerth, Fortuanto are all good players in their own right too, but are in a slightly lower tier IMO.

It'll be interesting to see how this team does. I think they could have done a better job picking their fill-ins for the challenge obviously, but it is what it is at this point.

WeissFC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-25-2012, 07:31 AM
Teus

Quote:
Rasmus is no longer on the roster for some reason.
Apparently he wanted to help his club instead, where he has become a key player on the men's team during the season.

Teus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-25-2012, 07:58 AM
Swedelicious

Glad to see two of my old time NHL favourites have their sons in the tournament: Al MacInnis and Pierre Turgeon. Both apparently choses to play for USA rather than the national teams their father represented.

Swedelicious is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-25-2012, 10:26 AM
wej20

is Kasper Kapanen Sami Kapanen's son?

wej20 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-25-2012, 10:37 AM
Swedelicious

Quote:
Originally Posted by wej20 View Post
Yes.

http://www.eliteprospects.com/player.php?player=92226

Swedelicious is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-25-2012, 10:39 AM
YARR123

Quote:
Originally Posted by wej20 View Post
Yes. Just made his pro debut on the same team as his father. Sami was injured though so he didn't play.

YARR123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-25-2012, 10:54 AM
wej20

Would be cool if they could play a few games together.

wej20 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-25-2012, 08:13 PM
americanscout09

Quote:
Originally Posted by WeissFC View Post
Top four players on the team I'd say are Eichel, Milano, Glover, and Wilkie
The games i watched it seemed like Wilkie was feeding off of Eichel and Milano's talent but I'm going to take your word about Wilkie and definitely keep watch on him.

And it is interesting that you believe Glover is better than Collins. It believe they are 1 and 2 on the backend though and are both good NHL prospects.