HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk Trade rumors, transactions, and free agent talk. Rumors must contain the word RUMOR in post title. Proposals must contain the word PROPOSAL in post title.

Undo a trade in the past 2 seasons! (Since summer 2010)

Old
12-25-2012, 08:34 AM
BobbyClarkeFan16

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by CanuckistanFlyerfan View Post
I think I speak for ALL Flyer fans when I say the Bryzaster trade. Heck they can keep the 2 - 3rd rounders, we'll even give them 2 more.

Just get this wackjob off my team!
No, you don't speak for all Flyer fans. Bryz had a terrible first half. However, he was dynamite the second half of the season. He was 18 - 8 - 1 with a .946 save percentage and a 2.01 GAA. I don't get why most Flyers fans are so willing to throw the guy under a bus. If I'm Paul Holmgren, I make that trade 11 times out of 10.

If there's a trade I wish the Flyers would have been able to take back, it would have been the Kris Versteeg deal. The guy showed up to camp in Toronto out of shape and was sulking about being there. He ended up getting hurt shortly afterwards and Holmgren decided to give up a 1st and a 3rd to acquire him. He provided nothing when he got to Philadelphia and funny how the team began to sink when he got there.

BobbyClarkeFan16 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-25-2012, 09:24 AM
Jahodac

The Michalek trade; I'm not sure what Shero was trying to accomplish but it couldn't possibly help the team after getting blown out in the playoffs.

Jahodac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-25-2012, 09:31 AM
FerrisRox

Quote:
Originally Posted by TylerSVT View Post
Phaneuf - Franchise D man
C'mon man. This isn't just a gross over-statment of the kind of player he is and his value, but it's truly insulting to actual franchise defenseman.

There are way to many issues with Phaneuf's game and his mental make-up for him to be a "franchise defenseman" unless your franchise is really lousy and your definition of that term is loose at best.

If your team is even on the fringes of being a contender, there's no way Dion Phanuef can be your best defenseman, plain and simple.

FerrisRox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-25-2012, 09:46 PM
Leafsforlife98

If you could go back a couple years back further and the Leafs don't do the Kessel deal, they are looking at this as their lineup.

JVR-Seguin-Lupul
Macarther-Grabovski-Kulemin
Frattin-Connolly-Kadri
Brown-Steckel-McClement

J.Gardiner-D.Hamilton
D.Phaneuf-C.Gunnarrson
J.Liles-C.Franson

Reimer-Scrivens

Leafsforlife98 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-25-2012, 10:21 PM
BayStBullies
Burn the Boats!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Leafsforlife98 View Post
If you could go back a couple years back further and the Leafs don't do the Kessel deal, they are looking at this as their lineup.

JVR-Seguin-Lupul
Macarther-Grabovski-Kulemin
Frattin-Connolly-Kadri
Brown-Steckel-McClement

J.Gardiner-D.Hamilton
D.Phaneuf-C.Gunnarrson
J.Liles-C.Franson

Reimer-Scrivens
This thread has nothing to do with Kessel; stop beating a dead horse.

Also, there is no way of knowing what those picks would have been; where the Leafs would finish; or who they would take.

I'm not hurting for Hamilton; the defence on this team will be fine. They might not have had Rielly if things were different; a player I'm massively excited about.

Seguin is a nice piece; but I'm completely fine with Kessel. These last few years would have been miserable without him. Lupul would also not be anywhere near where he is at now.

Move on; get over it.

BayStBullies is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-25-2012, 11:18 PM
WarriorofTime

Quote:
Originally Posted by BayStBullies View Post
This thread has nothing to do with Kessel; stop beating a dead horse.

Also, there is no way of knowing what those picks would have been; where the Leafs would finish; or who they would take.

The Leafs would finish better without Kessel? I doubt it.

I'm not hurting for Hamilton; the defence on this team will be fine. They might not have had Rielly if things were different; a player I'm massively excited about.

Again, they don't get Rielly because..? The team is better? Hamilton is an upgrade over anyone in the Leafs organization so I don't see how he isn't helpful

Seguin is a nice piece; but I'm completely fine with Kessel. These last few years would have been miserable without him. Lupul would also not be anywhere near where he is at now.

Awful as opposed to what the Leafs were? 2nd to last, 9th to last, 5th to last? Hard to get much worse.

Move on; get over it.

I agree. You should. Any sane Leaf fan would undo that trade in a millisecond.
bold

WarriorofTime is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-25-2012, 11:33 PM
WTFetus
Most popular

Quote:
Originally Posted by struckbyaparkedcar View Post
http://tracking.si.com/2012/06/21/sh...ets-rick-nash/

http://slam.canoe.ca/Slam/Hockey/NHL...-19896396.html

http://www.csnbayarea.com/blog/kevin...ave-offer-nash

Okay, so Pavelski + Clowe was heavier on the speculation than I remember, but even Pavelski+ is better than the Rangers offer because Pavelski is actually a borderline first-line forward. IIRC, a large factor of Howson not dealing with San Jose because he wouldn't move off of Couture and didn't want to keep Nash in the Conference.
Pavelski isn't a borderline first-line player. He is a first-line player (60+ points, Selke-level defense). And fwiw, Pavelski for Nash was never an offer either. The Kurz article is pure speculation, and Kurz doesn't know very much. DW knows the importance of defense, and he loves Pavelski and Couture. The only thing on the table was Clowe +.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DuckEatinShark View Post
For the Sharks, the only correct answer is the McGinn trade. His size and physicality will be needed, especially if Clowe signs elsewhere. Winnik has signed with Anaheim and Galiardi didn't look much more than a 3rd liner.
That definitely is the trade I'd take back, but McGinn isn't much more than a 3rd liner either. The trade wouldn't look as bad if the Sharks re-signed Winnik.
In hindsight, DW should have kept McGinn and just trade for Galiardi. He was in the doghouse already, so it probably wouldn't have cost much.

The Moore trade is also bad in hindsight. However, if the Sharks re-sign him after the lock-out and he plays like he usually does (hopefully his wife's cancer treatments are going well), then it'd be a pretty fair trade again.

Last edited by WTFetus: 12-25-2012 at 11:39 PM.
WTFetus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-26-2012, 07:46 AM
Mayor Bee
\/me_____you\/

Quote:
Originally Posted by indigobuffalo View Post
Can someone with full internet access post one of those "Brace Yourselves..." image-macro memes with the tag line: "...for rants from Columbus fans."
Not really.

Columbus in the last couple of years basically comes down to a small number of trades, and the reason why you haven't seen this thread flooded with our fans.

Voracek, 8th overall, 3rd-rounder for Jeff Carter - This eventually turned into Jack Johnson and the 2013 first-rounder from the Kings. Johnson played like a man possessed down the stretch for Columbus, and looks like he may have broken through. The first-rounder obviously remains to be seen. As for the pieces going to Philly...look, we all saw Voracek in Columbus. He looked the same last year as he did as a 19-year-old rookie. Maybe he breaks through, maybe he doesn't. I think we all recognize this, and he was one of our most popular players. Couturier (taken with the 8th pick) had serious questions when he was drafted about whether his offense would carry over into the NHL, and it's way too early to tell if this ends up being the case.

The Rick Nash trade - Long on rumors and speculation, and a limited basis in fact. The rumors for the entire saga was that the Rangers offered five excellent pieces at the trade deadline (rejected by Columbus), and yet Columbus said as soon as the Rangers finally added a fourth piece, the deal was made. The rumor was that Ottawa was offering Foligno and Zibanejad; Columbus got Foligno anyway at the cost of Marc Methot. Zibanejad has had concussion problems and there's a good chance he never amounts to anything as a result. San Jose was rumored to have offered Pavelski; several others in the know have said that the biggest piece going back was Ryane Clowe.

In any case, it's way too early to see what happens. If Dubinsky fits in on the second line, can he score 50-60 points? Can Anisimov log big minutes and produce? Can Erixon make the roster right off the bat? And what becomes of the first-rounder?

Klesla and Byers for Upshall and Lepisto - I never fully appreciated Klesla until he was gone; I fell into the trap that I always try to avoid (focus on what a player can do rather than what he can't.) But at the end of the day, Klesla was a second-pairing defenseman and will never be anything more than that.

Jason Chimera for Chris Clark and Milan Jurcina - Supposedly there were some solid offers for Jurcina at the deadline before the extent of his injury was known. Clark did nothing, which is still more than Chimera ever did. Chimera is basically a slightly better version of Rico Fata.

Mayor Bee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-26-2012, 12:55 PM
Jarick
Doing Nothing

Worst trade in Wild history was Nick Leddy and Kim Johnsson for Cam Barker. But that missed the cutoff.

I would undo the Tom Gilbert for Nick Schultz trade. It made sense at the time but with Suter signing here we have a high end defenseman who can move the puck but now are missing a steady veteran on the back end.

Jarick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-26-2012, 01:38 PM
bluemandan
Ya Ma Goo!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jahodac View Post
The Michalek trade; I'm not sure what Shero was trying to accomplish but it couldn't possibly help the team after getting blown out in the playoffs.
I thought Michalek requested the trade. Is that wrong?

I understand that a GM doesn't HAVE to honor trade requests, but it looks to other players around the league when you treat a player like a person and do right by them instead of treating them like livestock.

bluemandan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-26-2012, 09:22 PM
hockeyalltheway
Get well soon, GMBM.

vCash: 611
Quote:
Originally Posted by Synthetek View Post
Nikita Filatov for a 2011 3rd.
Low-risk, high reward. I'd make that trade again every day, and twice on Sundays.

12-26-2012, 09:26 PM
Top 6 Spaling

Gaustad for our 1st. Goose is fine, but Spaling makes him redundant. Not nearly worth our 1st.

Top 6 Spaling is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-26-2012, 11:01 PM
Kris Chreider
Pass Off The Pads

Brent Burns.

Fletcher trades him without even trying to negotiate a new contract, signs a 7-year deal in San Jose, Setoguchi doesn't even hit 20 goals. Phillips is stuck on the 4th line, isn't developing well. And our most pressing need is defense.

Kris Chreider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-26-2012, 11:27 PM
CPHawksFan
That's Hockey Baby!!

As overpaid as he was, I'm going to say Campbell for Olesz + cap space. Hawks' PP and transition game has struggled since he left.

CPHawksFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-27-2012, 12:30 AM
couture23
Sabres & Red Sox

First Sabres poster here, there isn't really much to complain about since Summer 2010. I guess the most recent trade, the Derek Roy one, didn't really fletch the best return that we were hoping for. I'm sure Roysie's value would have been much higher had he not got injured in the 2010-2011 season and finished the season on a point-per-game basis or close to it. We can't complain much because we have yet to see how Ott does in Buffalo and Roy in Dallas.

couture23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-27-2012, 12:39 AM
OneSharpMarble

Pretty happy with the habs trades in the past 2 years honestly. We didn't really lose anyone worth much.

OneSharpMarble is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
12-27-2012, 01:07 AM
WingsMike
Registered Man

vCash: 738
Red Wings trading their 2012 1st rounder for Kyle Quincey...We didn't have to do that, and that 1st was a pretty good pick (19th overall).

WingsMike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-27-2012, 01:21 AM
Flat Stanley

Quote:
Originally Posted by bluemandan View Post
I thought Michalek requested the trade. Is that wrong?

I understand that a GM doesn't HAVE to honor trade requests, but it looks to other players around the league when you treat a player like a person and do right by them instead of treating them like livestock.
I don't think there was ever a report on him requesting the trade, he might have. But there was a report that he wasn't happy with the way he had to play defense in Pittsburgh. He's more of a traditional shot blocking, 1 on 1 defender, in Pittsburgh they wanted him to be a transition defenseman and he wasn't too happy.

So Shero traded Michalek back to Phoenix. While the return wasn't spectacular, Zbynek and his wife are in an area they are familiar with and he plays for a team he's familiar with and fits on.

So I think it was a cool move by Shero. Michalek is more valuable than what we got for him, so in a hockey trade perspective, Phoenix won the deal, but Pittsburgh got a couple of guys they wanted. Harrison Ruopp was a guy they wanted, almost took him in the 2nd round but instead chose Scott Harrington. He was picked with the Pens 3rd round pick that belonged to the Coyotes (Bryzgalov trade), and Oskar Sundqvist is a guy they really like.

Flat Stanley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-27-2012, 01:37 AM
DuckJet
Destiny pls

vCash: 69
As much as I like Beauchemin I think the Ducks would look a lot different if they had given Lupul a fair chance and kept Gardiner around. And if we did Schultz might not have left.

DuckJet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-27-2012, 03:29 AM
supert

Quote:
Originally Posted by zeus3007 View Post
Disagree. Both are good second pair defensemen, play very different styles, but the kicker of the deal is that each team filled a whole they needed to fill. With Petry emerging last year, the Oilers didn`t need Gilbert anymore. Getting a solid shut down veteran was a necessary step for the Oil. I think it worked for the Wild as well, they seemed to be in need of a puck mover like Gilbert.
I am find with Gilbert being traded . I wish we would have drafted a big #2 C over Yak

supert is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-27-2012, 03:51 AM
Exit Dose

Quote:
Originally Posted by DuckJet View Post
As much as I like Beauchemin I think the Ducks would look a lot different if they had given Lupul a fair chance and kept Gardiner around. And if we did Schultz might not have left.
Had Schultz gone to Toronto, I could understand that line of thought, but as it is, I doubt he would want to play here if we had kept Gardiner.

Exit Dose is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
12-27-2012, 05:27 AM
Leaf Rocket
Leaf Fan Till I Die

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jarick View Post
Worst trade in Wild history was Nick Leddy and Kim Johnsson for Cam Barker. But that missed the cutoff.

I would undo the Tom Gilbert for Nick Schultz trade. It made sense at the time but with Suter signing here we have a high end defenseman who can move the puck but now are missing a steady veteran on the back end.
Yea that or gomez for mcdonagh lol.

12-27-2012, 06:10 AM
judge301

Quote:
Originally Posted by tiger_80 View Post
Gilbert might be a notch better player, but Schultz fits Oilers' needs better.
Don't get me wrong, I agree Schultz is a part the Oilers needed. But the better player is certianly Gilbert. I know the whole stats are for losers thing but I recall reading somewhere that Even defensively the two were comparable But Gilbert has much more offensive upside.

judge301 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-27-2012, 07:14 AM
Bourne Endeavor
( _)>⌐■-■ (⌐■_■)

vCash: 13357
No one really for the Nucks but I'd undo the Cammalleri trade as a Hab fan. Allowing him a chance to rebound next season could have netted a nice trade at the deadline. Cammy is a man possessed once the playoffs roll around. Dumping him for Bourque was terrible asset management.

Bourne Endeavor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-27-2012, 07:20 AM
Bourne Endeavor
( _)>⌐■-■ (⌐■_■)

vCash: 13357
Quote:
Originally Posted by Leaf Rocket View Post
Yea that or gomez for mcdonagh lol.
I'd go so far as to claim that is the worst trade the Habs have ever made, including Roy. They walked away from Koivu, who went on to outperform Gomez in every capacity, abandoned a very serviceable tweener in Higgins and practically gave McDonagh away for nothing. And what makes it worse is the latter two were only because Gainey had no comprehension for patience. Higgins struggled due to a wrist injury and McDonagh was young and learning.

Tis why no Hab fan can ever mock the Leafs for stupid trades.

Bourne Endeavor is offline   Reply With Quote