HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > Other Sports > Wrestling
Wrestling Amateur, Pro, Mud, Jello, Real, Fake, and in between

Unpopular wrestling opinions

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old
12-24-2012, 12:16 PM
  #26
AfroThunder396
Lou's Secret Sauce
 
AfroThunder396's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Location: Hamburg, NY
Country: United States
Posts: 21,438
vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by chuckdobbins View Post
Dayum, outside of the Orton comment I could not disagree with you any more...which I guess is the purpose of your thread, so well done.

I actually think Kane is one of the best big men of all time. Nothing crazy, but he's just solid. Doesn't botch, has a great character, is extremely versatile, has amazing in ring presence, and his career longevity is just straight up astounding.
What Kane is able to do today, at his size and his age, is absolutely mind-numbing. He's able to keep up with arguably the best technical wrestler in the world as his tag team partner, as a 7 foot tall, +300 lbs, 45 year old man. It's madness.

I know in the smarky IWC world we live in some people find him boring, but the guy is special when it comes to working and durability. And if you ever hear him out of character, Glenn Jacobs is one of the most intelligent and well-spoken guys around.

AfroThunder396 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-24-2012, 12:25 PM
  #27
Sarava
Moderator
 
Sarava's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2010
Location: Naperville, IL
Country: United States
Posts: 8,453
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by kevinsane View Post
I would leave my wife for Vicki Guerrero.

Brodus Clay is the best technical wrestler of all time.

Khali does a better moonsault than Jericho.

Rick Flair looks 35 years old, tops.

Sarava is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-24-2012, 01:25 PM
  #28
The Shockmaster
AKA SheamusFan
 
The Shockmaster's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Country: Canada
Posts: 7,360
vCash: 450
Quote:
Originally Posted by AfroThunder396 View Post
What Kane is able to do today, at his size and his age, is absolutely mind-numbing. He's able to keep up with arguably the best technical wrestler in the world as his tag team partner, as a 7 foot tall, +300 lbs, 45 year old man. It's madness.

I know in the smarky IWC world we live in some people find him boring, but the guy is special when it comes to working and durability. And if you ever hear him out of character, Glenn Jacobs is one of the most intelligent and well-spoken guys around.
He's in my top 5 favourites ever. I remember my frustration whenever Taker took the soptlight away from Kane or when Taker would go over.

The Shockmaster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-24-2012, 06:07 PM
  #29
Bad News Bears
MACHADO ABOUT NOTHIN
 
Bad News Bears's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2009
Location: Australia
Country: Australia
Posts: 3,551
vCash: 623
I like Taker, which seems like it's an unpopular opinion. I also didn't mind the American Bad-Ass, which many laugh at.

I don't like The Rock. I am furious he beat Cena at 'Mania, and I thought is was one of the dumbest booking decisions ever. "Here is a guy who hasn't wrestled in years, lets have him come in and beat the top guy in the business". I hated it.

I think, in all honesty, that Foley's punches and "BANG BANG" in the corner, is the best move ever.

Bad News Bears is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-24-2012, 06:45 PM
  #30
kevinsane
Lundqvist clone.
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Location: Dawson Creek, BC
Country: Canada
Posts: 3,402
vCash: 500
I was kidding. I LOATHE Vicki, Brodus Clay's gimmick, Khali's ringwork, the mindnumbingly insipid "feed me more!" chant, and Ric (is he dead yet?) Flair.

kevinsane is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-24-2012, 07:10 PM
  #31
The Shockmaster
AKA SheamusFan
 
The Shockmaster's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Country: Canada
Posts: 7,360
vCash: 450
We know, I don't know what was with Sarava.

The Shockmaster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-24-2012, 07:40 PM
  #32
Dean Ambrose
Moderator
Just a little crazy
 
Dean Ambrose's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: Parts Unknown
Country: Canada
Posts: 33,965
vCash: 133
When his career is over, ziggler will go down as one of the all time greats.

Dean Ambrose is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-24-2012, 10:25 PM
  #33
Engebretson
Another GopherClone
 
Engebretson's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2010
Location: Minnesota
Country: United States
Posts: 5,960
vCash: 50
I've never really been a fan of Taker. I always thought he was better suited as a heel like when he first debuted and I could never get behind him as a face. Also, call me a smark, but the an undefeated streak at Wrestlemania in a sport where the results are predetermined does not impress me as much as it does most. I've secretly been rooting for Taker to lose since his first match with HBK, mostly because I'm sick of people making an enormous deal about it.

Engebretson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-24-2012, 10:41 PM
  #34
GoneFullHextall
adios Holmgren
 
GoneFullHextall's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2003
Location: Somewhere in NH
Country: United States
Posts: 30,678
vCash: 50
When I was younger I always rooted for the "bad guys"
Might have been one of the few who hated Hulk Hogan when he was in his prime.
I was a big fan of HHH and still am, mainly because he is from my area.
Flair,Piper were big favorites of mine. Especially back in the old school 4 Horseman days with Flair,Ole,Arn and Tully Blanchard.
I love watching those old promos. awesome stuff.

I honestly cant sit thru a whole show anymore. I find 90 percent of it boring and a waste of my time.


EDIT: I wonder if Punk,Cena,ADR will be disrespected 10 plus years from now the way Flair,HHH,Jerry Lawler is now.

GoneFullHextall is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-24-2012, 11:11 PM
  #35
Dean Ambrose
Moderator
Just a little crazy
 
Dean Ambrose's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: Parts Unknown
Country: Canada
Posts: 33,965
vCash: 133
Cena will be for sure

Dean Ambrose is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-25-2012, 02:24 PM
  #36
Hackett
HF Needs Feeny
 
Hackett's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2002
Country: Canada
Posts: 15,294
vCash: 500
Never really liked Sting. I didn't see anything original about him in terms of his finisher or his "woo". I could see that he was popular, I just didn't get it.

As for the heels, I've been a heel fan since the Rock joined the nation. When I was younger, it was all about the faces like hogan and hitman. I loathed the bad guys like Sid Justice and Mr. Perfect. Anyways, I suppose that goes for most wrestling fans. Love the faces as a kid, love the heels as a teen/adult.

Hackett is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-25-2012, 02:35 PM
  #37
Hackett
HF Needs Feeny
 
Hackett's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2002
Country: Canada
Posts: 15,294
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Engebretson View Post
I've never really been a fan of Taker. I always thought he was better suited as a heel like when he first debuted and I could never get behind him as a face. Also, call me a smark, but the an undefeated streak at Wrestlemania in a sport where the results are predetermined does not impress me as much as it does most. I've secretly been rooting for Taker to lose since his first match with HBK, mostly because I'm sick of people making an enormous deal about it.
I've touched on this before. The most impressive thing from the 19-0 record is that he has been in 19 wrestlemanias. That's the amazing achievement, as opposed to being booked to win every single time.

Even from "the show's" perspective, they never bring up win-loss records except for taker, as if its only important in his case. It seems kinda forced.

Hackett is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-25-2012, 02:41 PM
  #38
Dean Ambrose
Moderator
Just a little crazy
 
Dean Ambrose's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: Parts Unknown
Country: Canada
Posts: 33,965
vCash: 133
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hackett View Post
I've touched on this before. The most impressive thing from the 19-0 record is that he has been in 19 wrestlemanias. That's the amazing achievement, as opposed to being booked to win every single time.

Even from "the show's" perspective, they never bring up win-loss records except for taker, as if its only important in his case. It seems kinda forced.
They touched on edge's undefeated streak until he didnt win MITB at WM23, & even then, they built up his match with undertaker as him never being pinned at wrestlemania.

I wish they had mentioned cena being undefeated at survivor series until this year where cm punk pinned him. I believe he was 7-0 or 8-0.

__________________
He's got the whole world in his hands...
Dean Ambrose is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-25-2012, 03:06 PM
  #39
Hackett
HF Needs Feeny
 
Hackett's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2002
Country: Canada
Posts: 15,294
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vince McMahon View Post
They touched on edge's undefeated streak until he didnt win MITB at WM23, & even then, they built up his match with undertaker as him never being pinned at wrestlemania.

I wish they had mentioned cena being undefeated at survivor series until this year where cm punk pinned him. I believe he was 7-0 or 8-0.
yeah, I exaggerated a little... replace never, with rarely. When they do, It feels corny and forced.

In a time where everyone knows that the outcome is pre determined, I don't want to be hearing about wins and losses.

Its like watching the walking dead and making stat sheet for which character has killed the most zombies.... I could care less.


Last edited by Hackett: 12-25-2012 at 03:13 PM.
Hackett is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-25-2012, 09:02 PM
  #40
Engebretson
Another GopherClone
 
Engebretson's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2010
Location: Minnesota
Country: United States
Posts: 5,960
vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hackett View Post
yeah, I exaggerated a little... replace never, with rarely. When they do, It feels corny and forced.

In a time where everyone knows that the outcome is pre determined, I don't want to be hearing about wins and losses.

Its like watching the walking dead and making stat sheet for which character has killed the most zombies.... I could care less.
The thing that really got me about the streak was watching the 20-0 DVD that just came out. It was cool watching the actual matches, even if some of them are snoozers. Then I watched the actual documentary where they compare Taker's streak to professional sports streaks and I just couldn't roll my eyes any harder.

Engebretson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-26-2012, 02:27 AM
  #41
Jussi
I am siege face
 
Join Date: Feb 2002
Country: Finland
Posts: 42,290
vCash: 612
Face Punk>>>heel Punk.

Jussi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-26-2012, 04:17 AM
  #42
Hackett
HF Needs Feeny
 
Hackett's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2002
Country: Canada
Posts: 15,294
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Engebretson View Post
The thing that really got me about the streak was watching the 20-0 DVD that just came out. It was cool watching the actual matches, even if some of them are snoozers. Then I watched the actual documentary where they compare Taker's streak to professional sports streaks and I just couldn't roll my eyes any harder.


Again, I think its a tremendous achievement that he's been relevant for two decades and been in 19 WMs. That alone should prove that he's a legend of his craft, not his pre-determined "win-loss" record.

As for the DVD, I must congratulate you for getting through that segment. The way you explain it, I dont think I would have made it through the entire thing.

Hackett is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-26-2012, 07:41 AM
  #43
The Shockmaster
AKA SheamusFan
 
The Shockmaster's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Country: Canada
Posts: 7,360
vCash: 450
I agree, being around for that long is a tremendous achievement.

The Shockmaster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-26-2012, 08:57 AM
  #44
Engebretson
Another GopherClone
 
Engebretson's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2010
Location: Minnesota
Country: United States
Posts: 5,960
vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hackett View Post


Again, I think its a tremendous achievement that he's been relevant for two decades and been in 19 WMs. That alone should prove that he's a legend of his craft, not his pre-determined "win-loss" record.
I totally agree and I do believe that Undertaker's longevity in the sport is a spectacle itself. The Undertaker is going to go down in history as one of the greatest and the biggest thing he will be known for is his streak because of how much WWE hypes it. That is what irritates me the most, I think.

Engebretson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-26-2012, 03:22 PM
  #45
kevinsane
Lundqvist clone.
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Location: Dawson Creek, BC
Country: Canada
Posts: 3,402
vCash: 500
Vicki is 1-3 at getting to the altar, which is better than I thought she'd do.

kevinsane is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-26-2012, 05:01 PM
  #46
GarbageGoal
Follow the Buzzards
 
GarbageGoal's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Location: RI
Country: United States
Posts: 9,103
vCash: 500
1) Dolph Ziggler is "great" compared to the current roster, but can't hold a candle to Jericho as a talker in his prime, and will never reach the level of a Mr. Perfect or Million Dollar Man as a heel worker.

2) Kane as a character is much better than Taker.

3) Shawn Michaels is not the greatest performer of all time.

4) Kurt Angle, during his prime run in WWE, was the absolute total package as a wrestler and on the mike.

GarbageGoal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-28-2012, 07:53 PM
  #47
nWo
New World Order
 
nWo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: In my house
Country: Canada
Posts: 3,872
vCash: 500
Vickie Guerrero is hot (and that's some thing I'd never say 3 years ago)

nWo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-28-2012, 08:07 PM
  #48
MarleauApologist
fun must be alwalys
 
MarleauApologist's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2012
Location: San Francisco, CA
Country: United States
Posts: 7,315
vCash: 500
Hulk Hogan single-handedly ruined TNA.

MarleauApologist is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-28-2012, 11:53 PM
  #49
AfroThunder396
Lou's Secret Sauce
 
AfroThunder396's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Location: Hamburg, NY
Country: United States
Posts: 21,438
vCash: 50
I prefer Face Christian to Heel Christian.

AfroThunder396 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-29-2012, 12:59 AM
  #50
Mowzie
Asst. Dishwasher
 
Mowzie's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2003
Location: Lebanon, Alberta
Country: Lebanon
Posts: 8,276
vCash: 500
-I find JBL to be extremely annoying on the mic. he seems to be liked by most, but I almost cant handle how annoying he is.

-I cant stand The Rock anymore, I dont wanna see him win the title, I didnt want him to beat Cena, I dont like seeing him on my TV.

Mowzie is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Forum Jump


Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 01:41 AM.

monitoring_string = "e4251c93e2ba248d29da988d93bf5144"
Contact Us - HFBoards - Archive - Privacy Statement - Terms of Use - Advertise - Top - AdChoices

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. 2014 All Rights Reserved.