HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Ottawa Senators
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Good place in town for tablet computer repair

Old
12-25-2012, 02:22 PM
Buck Aki Berg
My pockets hurt

vCash: 500
Good place in town for tablet computer repair

In a spectacular display of stupidity, I confused the data cable for my BlackBerry Playbook (I'm one of the nine people who bought one of those ) with the data cable for my camera. Now a few of the pins are bent/flattened and the port doesn't work, so I can't transfer any data between my laptop and my Playbook. Can anybody recommend a place in town (the closer to Bayshore the better, but I can travel if I need to) where I can get something like this fixed?

Buck Aki Berg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-25-2012, 07:19 PM
BonkTastic
+/- =Worst Stat EVER

Quote:
Originally Posted by Buck Aki Berg View Post
In a spectacular display of stupidity, I confused the data cable for my BlackBerry Playbook (I'm one of the nine people who bought one of those ) with the data cable for my camera. Now a few of the pins are bent/flattened and the port doesn't work, so I can't transfer any data between my laptop and my Playbook. Can anybody recommend a place in town (the closer to Bayshore the better, but I can travel if I need to) where I can get something like this fixed?
No way, dude. We love our Playbook. 32G worth of tablet power for like $250? That's ridiculous.

Load that badboy with a metric ton of kid-friendly apps, and baby, you got the best $250 car babysitter money can buy.

I mean, if it were the same price as other tablets it doesn't stand up, but dollar-for-dollar, it's amazing.

BonkTastic is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
12-25-2012, 07:55 PM
SixthSens
Global Moderator
RIP Kev

Quote:
Originally Posted by BonkTastic View Post
No way, dude. We love our Playbook. 32G worth of tablet power for like $250? That's ridiculous.

Load that badboy with a metric ton of kid-friendly apps, and baby, you got the best $250 car babysitter money can buy.

I mean, if it were the same price as other tablets it doesn't stand up, but dollar-for-dollar, it's amazing.
32GB Playbooks were recently as low as $118.99 at Staples- I was extremely tempted to buy one.

I have heard nothing but good things about them.

SixthSens is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-25-2012, 08:17 PM
BonkTastic
+/- =Worst Stat EVER

Quote:
Originally Posted by SixthSens View Post
32GB Playbooks were recently as low as $118.99 at Staples- I was extremely tempted to buy one.

I have heard nothing but good things about them.
That's ridiculous. How do you not buy one for that price?

There's nothing wrong with them with the new OS. They're certainly not elite, but 32GB for under $120? That's redonculius.

Edit: I bought mine a long time ago, hence the higher price tag.

BonkTastic is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
12-26-2012, 10:20 AM
ChocolateLeclaire

I'll see all you one better! 32GB HP TouchPad - $99 when it was getting cleared out.

I rooted it so it runs Android and it works like a charm still. Not as nice as an iPad but it hits the spot.

ChocolateLeclaire is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-26-2012, 10:42 AM
Smeddy
Intangibles

Probably cheaper to just buy a new one. You could try calling BlackBerry support if you're really nice they might be able to help you.

Smeddy is online now   Reply With Quote