Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Boston Bruins
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

2013 World Junior Championships

Old
12-26-2012, 10:57 AM
redbeard7737

vCash: 500
Hamilton was by far the worst dman for Canada...I remember saying that during the summer too...people used the excuse of it being during the summer and all that...but he looked terrible today. I want to see him be awesome obviously, but every time I have seen him now, he has not looked good. I am wondering if his numbers are a by product of the team he plays for and maybe we have been overrating him.

redbeard7737 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-26-2012, 11:03 AM
patty59

He's a bust.

patty59 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-26-2012, 12:17 PM
Alicat
Charge!

Quote:
Originally Posted by redbeard7737 View Post
Hamilton was by far the worst dman for Canada...I remember saying that during the summer too...people used the excuse of it being during the summer and all that...but he looked terrible today. I want to see him be awesome obviously, but every time I have seen him now, he has not looked good. I am wondering if his numbers are a by product of the team he plays for and maybe we have been overrating him.
I think you are reading way too much into it. Relax.

it sounds like teams have identified the weaknesses in his game and are now exploiting them.

I am Boston Strong

Alicat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-26-2012, 12:36 PM
Colt.45Orr

Hamilton, at this point, looks like a higher-end Cody Franson. Certainly not a bad player, but he is going to have to make smarter plays on a regular basis if he is going to ever star in the NHL.

Subban looks as advertised to me --ability to make exceptional saves, but also leaves you wishing he made some others. Not a lot of time to develop his game. Another year in the OHL after this, plus 2+ years in the AHL. I'm not a goalie expert (although I did call Pogge being a bust, very early on) but we should keep in mind that Rask absolutely was dominant in this tournament at the same age; Subban has a long way to go to be in the same category as Rask.

Camara has been Canada's best Bruins so far, IMO.

Colt.45Orr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-26-2012, 01:22 PM
redbeard7737

Quote:
Originally Posted by Colt.45Orr View Post
Hamilton, at this point, looks like a higher-end Cody Franson. Certainly not a bad player, but he is going to have to make smarter plays on a regular basis if he is going to ever star in the NHL.

Subban looks as advertised to me --ability to make exceptional saves, but also leaves you wishing he made some others. Not a lot of time to develop his game. Another year in the OHL after this, plus 2+ years in the AHL. I'm not a goalie expert (although I did call Pogge being a bust, very early on) but we should keep in mind that Rask absolutely was dominant in this tournament at the same age; Subban has a long way to go to be in the same category as Rask.

Camara has been Canada's best Bruins so far, IMO.
agreed Colt...and Patty59, no need to be a smartass, not saying a bust, but from what I have seen, sure doesn't look like a sure thing to be a number 1 or even a number 2 dman.

redbeard7737 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-26-2012, 01:22 PM
Artemis
Took the red pill

Quote:
Originally Posted by patty59 View Post
He's a bust.
That's got to be a record.

Artemis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-26-2012, 01:27 PM
Shaun
beauty

vCash: 50
If there was a season I would put Koko on the 3rd line instead of Caron.

Shaun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-26-2012, 01:58 PM
WBC8

Send a message via AIM to WBC8
Hamilton is more then likely just falling into some bad habits... He is in desperate need to be around guys like Julien and Chara IMO.

As far as Subban, I can understand Spott not wanting to create distraction in net, but Subban right now may be the second best goalie on TC. I know he has the track record and all, but he is under a load of pressure right now.

WBC8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-26-2012, 02:00 PM
WBC8

Quote:
Originally Posted by redbeard7737 View Post
I've only seen Hamilton four times...three of those times I was like, "Um, really? " ... but with the best coaches in the pro game, and playing on a defense with Chara, Seids and Ference, he will be fine.

Old
12-26-2012, 02:01 PM
WBC8

Quote:
Originally Posted by thegodfather View Post
I'd have to agree with the odd promotion to the 2nd line maybe and especially some PP time.

Kid can skate and his release is quick.
His release and shot seem to be ++ IMO. Shoots the puck as quickly as Brady throws it.

Old
12-26-2012, 02:06 PM
Shaun
beauty

Quote:
I'd have to agree with the odd promotion to the 2nd line maybe and especially some PP time.

Kid can skate and his release is quick.
His skating has improved so much since he was drafted. I think he could eventually become a top 6 player.

Old
12-26-2012, 03:50 PM
cat400

Quote:
Hamilton is playing with a great defensive defenseman in Harrington, it should allow him to be more offensive if the coach is allowing it.

Subban has a tonne of pressure on him and I hope he can handle it. Of the 3 goals today I personally didn't like the 3rd one, he didn't look ready even when the puck was dropped.
In his post game interview (can be viewd in the game video clip http://video.tsn.ca/?dl=main/latest/1/0/833423/clip/0)

Subban stated that he was nervous at the start of the game and that he didn't start to feel comfortable until the 3rd.

He attributed his relaxation to a chat that he had with goalie-coach Ron Tugnutt after the 2nd period. He certainly looked sharp in the 3rd.

To further help his confidence, Coach Spott was quick to name him the starter for Team Canada's next game on Friday.

cat400 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-26-2012, 04:23 PM
Trap Jesus

I must have missed something with Hamilton. I didn't think he played bad at all.

Subban looked really good. I can't believe how much he got left hanging out to dry against Germany of all teams.

Camara was definitely impressive today as well. He looks great along the boards.

Overall, solid day for the Bruins on the roster. Again, not sure what I missed with Hamilton; he looked fine to me.

Also, that Draisaitl kid looks amazing. Can't believe he's only eligible in 2014. Unreal vision and passing ability. They had him QBing the PP from the point and everything.

Trap Jesus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-26-2012, 04:56 PM
brom7

I hate to please those damn Habs fans, but Galchenyuk looks really good for Team USA.

brom7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-26-2012, 05:06 PM
patty59

Quote:
Originally Posted by Artemis View Post
That's got to be a record.
What do I win?

patty59 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-26-2012, 05:35 PM
Bruins Stooge
Spread Out

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crossfire View Post
If there was a season I would put Koko on the 3rd line instead of Caron.
Agreed. Caron has not looked good this year, or at least has done nothing to justify his spot in Boston, and Koko has actually looked pretty good.

Bruins Stooge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-26-2012, 06:48 PM
bruinsfan46

Kind of an update on the Grzelcyk situation:

Quote:
Originally Posted by William H Bonney View Post
According to Rob Simpson, they're going to wait until after the Germany game to see how Murphy holds up and then make a call. Curious if true. I guess if Murphy looks poor they'll keep Sieloff to help shoulder some of that shutdown role Murphy would harness. If he's ok, they'll roll with Grzelcyk and keep the more fluid backend Housley prefers. Odd they would already lock Murphy in if they're still worried about him though. Or maybe it's not Murphy with the injury concern? Seems unlikely though.
Really weird situation and oddly handled. Neither Sieloff or Grzelcyk are playing tomorrow and it sounds like the decision comes down to how Murphy holds up. Murphy is healthy enough to be effective, Grzelcyk gets the spot, they need to replace Murphy's defence and physical play, Sieloff gets the spot.

bruinsfan46 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-26-2012, 07:48 PM
Random Bruins Fan
Certified Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bruins Stooge View Post
Agreed. Caron has not looked good this year, or at least has done nothing to justify his spot in Boston, and Koko has actually looked pretty good.
Koko has looked good except when he plays against men. He's struggled in the KHL this year, no?

Random Bruins Fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-26-2012, 08:01 PM
Artemis
Took the red pill

Quote:
Originally Posted by 8th Rounder View Post
Koko has looked good except when he plays against men. He's struggled in the KHL this year, no?
It's the same situation as Hamilton, just the opposite end of the spectrum. Either they're busts at the age of 19, or they're stars ready to leap into an NHL lineup.

In reality, the WJC is the ultimate SSS. Just look at the list of guys who never played in a WJC (you can start with Seguin), and the guys who starred in WJCs and never made it in the NHL.

Guys like Hamilton and Koko are scouted up the wazoo. Teams don't go by how they play over a two-week stretch, but a two-year stretch, which is going to include plenty of the ups and downs that are normal for any hockey players, but especially for teen-agers.

Artemis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-26-2012, 08:04 PM
Bruinsfan_37
Stanley Cup Champs

Quote:
Originally Posted by OduyaLaichBoyes View Post
I hate to please those damn Habs fans, but Galchenyuk looks really good for Team USA.
Watched a few Sarnia games and the kid is alone on that team. He has serious talent and is a great leader. They got a good one unfortunately

Bruinsfan_37 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-26-2012, 08:06 PM
Bruinsfan_37
Stanley Cup Champs

Quote:
Originally Posted by 8th Rounder View Post
Rough start but much better of late

Bruinsfan_37 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-26-2012, 08:17 PM
Shaun
beauty

Koko had a nice hit today but if he hit a Canadian kid instead of a Slovakian kid there would be a 10 page thread to ban him from hockey.

Old
12-26-2012, 08:28 PM
bruinsfan46

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crossfire View Post
Koko had a nice hit today but if he hit a Canadian kid instead of a Slovakian kid there would be a 10 page thread to ban him from hockey.
What are you saying?

Goal and hit courtesy of dafoomie:

bruinsfan46 is offline   Reply With Quote