HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > New York Rangers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

2012-2013 Rangers Prospects Thread (Player Stats in Post #1; Updated 3/11) *Part II*

Closed Thread

Old
12-26-2012, 02:39 PM
Beacon
Sent to HF Minors

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Callys Chicken Parm View Post
Wow, 28 points for Lindberg is incredible!

Let's keep in mind that he's playing between two of the best wingers outside of the NHL.

Old
12-26-2012, 02:42 PM
ECL
Very slippery slope

Send a message via AIM to ECL
Quote:
Originally Posted by HatTrick Swayze View Post
Those were some epic debates.
It was only epic if you like watching uneven fights

Old
12-26-2012, 02:43 PM
ECL
Very slippery slope

Quote:
Originally Posted by Beacon View Post
Let's keep in mind that he's playing between two of the best wingers outside of the NHL.
Yeah, but keep in mind that they feel that he is worthy of that spot with his play.

Old
12-26-2012, 02:59 PM
Beacon
Sent to HF Minors

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jonathan. View Post
Yeah, but keep in mind that they feel that he is worthy of that spot with his play.

I agree, it has been a great season for him, but 1995-96 was a great season for Bob Maudie. Playing with Iginla will do that for you.

Lindberg is clearly a superior prospect to Maudie, having been drafted in the second round instead of the 9th round, but let's not jump the expectations to him being a blue-chipper. Lindberg went from being a a 5.5C prospect to being a 6.5C prospect, that's it.

Old
12-26-2012, 03:16 PM
ECL
Very slippery slope

Quote:
I agree, it has been a great season for him, but 1995-96 was a great season for Bob Maudie. Playing with Iginla will do that for you.

Lindberg is clearly a superior prospect to Maudie, having been drafted in the second round instead of the 9th round, but let's not jump the expectations to him being a blue-chipper. Lindberg went from being a a 5.5C prospect to being a 6.5C prospect, that's it.
There is a big difference in the WHL to the SEL. He's beating out far better players for that spot.

Old
12-26-2012, 03:33 PM
Beacon
Sent to HF Minors

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jonathan. View Post
There is a big difference in the WHL to the SEL. He's beating out far better players for that spot.

Granted, and listen, I hope Lindberg becomes the greatest player ever. If he (and every other prospect we have) is a Hall of Famer, I'll be very happy.

I just don't want to put too much pressure on him. If he's a 3rd liner, we should be happy. Even if he's just a quality 4th liner, we should be satisfied.

Old
12-26-2012, 03:33 PM
BBKers

Send a message via Skype™ to BBKers
Quote:

Where a player is drafted (after top 15) is not always where a player winds up, especially if the player is in Europe to start with. We will see where he eventually pans out after this year. And if there is even a league at all to come over to - for starters. I think these prospect rating numbers are quite the crapshoot when it comes to players with a later development curve - as is the case with Lindberg. As to who he is playing with, I can somewhat concur to that giving him a statistical advantage on his SEL team.
On the other hand, he made the National Team for Sweden a few weeks ago and did not look bad there at all. That fact - especially considering the lockout and the considerable amount of talent now available for TeamSweden in mid season - is IMO definitely is a bigger indicator than anything that he has quite the potential as a top notch player.
But one thing that is important to note is that his (and Fasts) impressive play to point - well Fast has stalled a bit due to his injuries but will likely be back to form soon - are the larger European ice surface where they both are presently "excelling". Adapting and developing to the NA game is never a given for any player outside of the rare cannot miss superstar that oozes talent wherever he plays. Time will tell...

Last edited by BBKers: 12-26-2012 at 03:42 PM.
Old
12-26-2012, 04:08 PM
Barnaby

Quote:
Granted, and listen, I hope Lindberg becomes the greatest player ever. If he (and every other prospect we have) is a Hall of Famer, I'll be very happy.

I just don't want to put too much pressure on him. If he's a 3rd liner, we should be happy. Even if he's just a quality 4th liner, we should be satisfied.
I don't think anyone's calling him a star - just very satisfied by his current production.

If he turns out to be a quality 3rd line center with some offense then I'll be stoked. If he's any better then that - awesome. He's certainly increased his stock since he was acquired for Ethan Werek (2nd round pick). I'm anxious to see how he transitions to the NHL game, and I'd expect we'll find out next year if this CBA nonsense is worked out any time soon...

Old
12-26-2012, 04:09 PM
romelson

Send a message via MSN to romelson
Quote:
And who might those two wingers be?

Old
12-26-2012, 05:28 PM
SurMartin

Quote:
Jonathan Ericssons brother, eh? I'll be sure to pass that compliment along.

...You're probably thinking of Bud Holloway who's leading the SEL in points - he plays on the second line.
The first line is Jimmie Ericsson (27pts, 7th in the league) - Lindberg (28pts, 5th) - Joakim Lindström (41pts, 2nd)

Last edited by SurMartin: 12-26-2012 at 05:47 PM.
Old
12-26-2012, 07:20 PM
Beacon
Sent to HF Minors

Quote:
Originally Posted by Barnaby View Post
I don't think anyone's calling him a star - just very satisfied by his current production.

If he turns out to be a quality 3rd line center with some offense then I'll be stoked. If he's any better then that - awesome. He's certainly increased his stock since he was acquired for Ethan Werek (2nd round pick). I'm anxious to see how he transitions to the NHL game, and I'd expect we'll find out next year if this CBA nonsense is worked out any time soon...

Generally Swedes do a good job transitioning because they don't do figure skating (unlike the Russians) and they are playing in a good league (unlike the Danes, Norwegians, French, Italian). Their players have a nice combination of size, speed and skill. Lindberg for Werek seems to be an excellent trade for us. Werek seems to be just an AHL third liner so far, without much of an NHL future ahead of him.

Old
12-26-2012, 07:28 PM
Beacon
Sent to HF Minors

Nino just scored again. I went to the kitchen for a moment and it went from tied to 2-0.

Old
12-26-2012, 07:30 PM
Beacon
Sent to HF Minors

I will do live updates on the game in case someone is interested. I have nothing better to do tonight anyway.

The lines are:

Haley - Newbury - Kolarik
Kreider - Segal - Jean
Hrivik - Tessier - Thomas
Bourque - Wiebe - Grant

... And now we are going to be shorthanded against the second-best PP in the AHL.

Tessier-Hrivik-Parlett-Klassen is our PK unit... and we gave up a goal. Looked totally outmatched on the PK. Gernander just took an OT, looking mad.

Haley just to reverse the momentum, but lost the fight badly to McIlver. Total spanking.

Talbot just made a couple of amazing saves. Tremendous awareness.

Huge size on the other end with Ryan Bourque being stopped.

We just drew a penalty. Haley is injured after the fight, so Hrivik got moved up to the first line, making it much better.

Just 13 seconds into the PP, they get a 2-man advantage for 1:47. Naturally, they blow it by getting a penalty of their own just a couple seconds later, though to be honest, it's a bad call by the refs, not Hrivik's fault.

Last edited by Beacon: 12-26-2012 at 07:48 PM.
Old
12-26-2012, 08:09 PM
Beacon
Sent to HF Minors

The second period is beginning.

Haley is still out after the fight. Must've been a pretty hit he took. Almost immediately after the start of the period, Klassen took a penalty.

Delayed penalty on the Isles. Big hit by Kreider. Big stop by Talbot.

PP started well, then collapsed. Another PP opportunity now. Killed off and now we are on the PK with a Kreider penalty.

Kreider had one good shift the whole game, reminding me just how much he's sucked so far. Totally invisible. Hrivik, Jean, Kolarik and especially Newbury are looking good. Parlett is having a better than usual game.

Newbury broke up a pass, and was going to go on a breakaway, but was tripped up. 4-on-4 now.

A huge, accurate blast by Christian Thomas, but a great save by Poulin.

Talbot stopped a breakaway and the rebound.

The Islanders scored on a fly ball. The puck was flying up in the air with everyone in the crease. A lot of goals given up by Talbot, but not a bad game by him. A lot of other players :cough:Kreider:cough: in front of him looking bad or invisible.

Last edited by Beacon: 12-26-2012 at 08:40 PM.
Old
12-26-2012, 09:07 PM
Beacon
Sent to HF Minors

Third period.

Good pace to the period. And Hrivik capped off a good game with a very nice looking goal. Calm under pressure near the crease, looked like a 10 year vet, not a rookie just out of junior. Really impressive hockey from him.

Chad Kolarik also had a good game as I said in the second period and now he scored off a pass from Hrivik... Parlett may have gotten a piece, so he might get the goal... That's right, it's Parlett from Kolarik and Hrivik. All 3 guys had a good game.

Poulin stopped Segal. Nice rush by Kreider that led to the Segal shot.

Hartford pulled Talbot for the extra attacker. Island Tigers failed to score into an empty net twice on one rush.

Empty net goal as the time runs out.

Last edited by Beacon: 12-26-2012 at 09:32 PM.
Old
12-26-2012, 09:49 PM
Beacon
Sent to HF Minors

RECAP:

1. Newbury: he is what he is, a borderline player. He can be called up for a few games, but he's ultimately a good AHLer and that's what we've seen tonight. Good, but not great performance. B

2. Kolarik: Good all-around game, B+.

3. Hrivik: Stood out among the garbage. Goal and an assist. A

4. Jean: I like him a lot. He is big and mobile with solid hands. Had a good game. B+

5. Bourque: He did what he always does. Gets in the way of opponents, rushes the puck and shoots it before he gets too close to the crease. C+

6. Kreider: mostly not noticeable. Looks like the only thing he's got is his speed. Looked like a bigger version of Sjostrom. C

7. Thomas: A few good moment, but not visible. C+

8. Gilroy: decent offense, not much of anything else. Was good on the PP and the rush. B.

9. Parlett: good game. Always involved. Scored a goal, but had a few giveaways as he usually does. B+

10. Talbot: Gave up 4 goals, but all of them were in a lot of traffic in the crease. If Hartford had a half-decent big defenseman clearing the crease, he would've give up any of these goals. B+

Haley was injured very early in a fight where he got beat up, Miller is on the WJC team, and the rest of the team has no prayer of ever hoping to wear a Rangers jersey, so I don't care to review their play.

Last edited by Beacon: 12-26-2012 at 10:17 PM.
Old
12-27-2012, 12:46 AM
nyr2k2
Can't Beat Him

vCash: 50
Awards:
Quote:
Lindstrom and Holloway are hardly two of the best wingers in Europe.

It's just pain.
Old
12-27-2012, 12:46 PM
BBKers

Send a message via Skype™ to BBKers
Quote:
Dylan McIlrath ‏@dylan_mcilrath
Back in action #gotime
There will be PAIN!

Old
12-27-2012, 12:49 PM
nyr2k2
Can't Beat Him

vCash: 50
Awards:
Finally got around to updating the stats in the first post.

Old
12-27-2012, 06:25 PM
romelson

Quote:
Originally Posted by nyr2k2 View Post
Lindstrom and Holloway are hardly two of the best wingers in Europe.
And Lindberg has btw only played four games (out of thirty-three) in the same line as SEL league leading scorer Holloway.

Old
12-27-2012, 08:51 PM
Joey Bones

McIlrath ready to go!!!!

Old
12-28-2012, 01:56 AM
Beacon
Sent to HF Minors

I liked Miller tonight. Not too much on the stat sheet, only one goal with no assists in a blowout of a very weak opponent, but he was extraordinarily calm under pressure, he looked bigger than most other kids and he was a better skater too.

At times he looked like Derek Stepan did three years ago, though he failed to look as good offensively. I do see a lot similarities between the two of them, but Miller is bigger and faster with less offensive skill. He's simply better suited to be a third liner, which is fine considering that we already have Brad and Step. Brad-Step-Miller-Lindberg will be an excellent group down the middle in a couple of years.

Old
12-28-2012, 05:26 PM
Skellhell

Another 3 points by Lindberg tonight. 1 + 2

Old
12-28-2012, 05:35 PM
Trxjw
Retired.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skellhell View Post
Continuing to ride everyone's coattails?

Old
12-28-2012, 05:44 PM
romelson

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skellhell View Post
And 3 points by Fasth as well. 2+1

Lindberg 34-12-19-31
Fasth 26-10-8-18

Closed Thread