HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk
Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk Trade rumors, transactions, and free agent talk. Rumors must contain the word RUMOR in post title. Proposals must contain the word PROPOSAL in post title.

LA - Edm

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old
12-26-2012, 09:24 AM
  #26
thalegion
Registered User
 
thalegion's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Location: Edmonton
Country: Canada
Posts: 1,984
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by oilerbear View Post
The guy made 1.2M in the KHL.

Was a U22 20G scorer in the RSL/KHL like Ovechkin, Malkin, Semin, Kovalchuk.

You call him entitled.

When he played with Paajarvi, Gagner, hartikainen he was .876 PPG.
You are a poster I respect more than most, but I stand by my entitled comment

thalegion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-26-2012, 09:35 AM
  #27
rajuabju
Registered User
 
rajuabju's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Location: Los Angeles
Country: United States
Posts: 1,991
vCash: 500
Omark would have the same issue as Holloway... where does he fit on the Kings roster?

Its not a bad trade per se, but if possible, I'd just rather get a pick for Bud at this point.

That said, I'd do it.

rajuabju is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-26-2012, 02:01 PM
  #28
Reaper45
Registered User
 
Reaper45's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2003
Location: South Bay
Country: United States
Posts: 30,740
vCash: 500
Send a message via AIM to Reaper45
I can't see Omark ever fitting in L.A. while Lombardi, Hextall and Sutter are here. Pass on that, but what about Holloway for Zharkov?

Not sure if the value is there, but Edmonton gets a kid who's likely ready now, and the Kings get another Russian to let develop in the CHL.

Reaper45 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-26-2012, 02:21 PM
  #29
WeridAl
YuckaFlux
 
WeridAl's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Location: 10ft of Snow
Posts: 1,749
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Reaper45 View Post
I can't see Omark ever fitting in L.A. while Lombardi, Hextall and Sutter are here. Pass on that, but what about Holloway for Zharkov?

Not sure if the value is there, but Edmonton gets a kid who's likely ready now, and the Kings get another Russian to let develop in the CHL.
Dreaming

WeridAl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-26-2012, 02:51 PM
  #30
Reaper45
Registered User
 
Reaper45's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2003
Location: South Bay
Country: United States
Posts: 30,740
vCash: 500
Send a message via AIM to Reaper45
Quote:
Originally Posted by WeridAl View Post
Dreaming
Like I said, I didn't know if the value is there or not, but if Edmonton was really after Holloway, they could deal from a position of strength, future top 6'ers for an NHL ready forward.

Reaper45 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-26-2012, 04:23 PM
  #31
Cruel11
Son, just don't.
 
Cruel11's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Country: United States
Posts: 15,887
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by ManByng View Post
nope
Thank goodness. Definitely don't want him back.

Cruel11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-26-2012, 04:26 PM
  #32
Reaper45
Registered User
 
Reaper45's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2003
Location: South Bay
Country: United States
Posts: 30,740
vCash: 500
Send a message via AIM to Reaper45
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cruel11 View Post
Thank goodness. Definitely don't want him back.
I was a big Teubert supporter when he was here but I'm glad he's gone as well.

Reaper45 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-26-2012, 05:05 PM
  #33
WeridAl
YuckaFlux
 
WeridAl's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Location: 10ft of Snow
Posts: 1,749
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Reaper45 View Post
Like I said, I didn't know if the value is there or not, but if Edmonton was really after Holloway, they could deal from a position of strength, future top 6'ers for an NHL ready forward.
Is Holloway NHL ready is questionable, and the Oilers system is full of questionable NHL ready LWer's, they don't need another. Never been a fan of Omark's, but his play in Europe this season could have a bidding war for his services. 40+pts in 30 games is nothing to laugh about, even if it's in a lower league then the NHL.

WeridAl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-26-2012, 05:48 PM
  #34
Reaper45
Registered User
 
Reaper45's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2003
Location: South Bay
Country: United States
Posts: 30,740
vCash: 500
Send a message via AIM to Reaper45
So according to you it's questionable that Holloway is NHL ready but Omark's comparable stats mean there might be a bidding war for him?
Quote:
Originally Posted by WeridAl View Post
Is Holloway NHL ready is questionable, and the Oilers system is full of questionable NHL ready LWer's, they don't need another. Never been a fan of Omark's, but his play in Europe this season could have a bidding war for his services. 40+pts in 30 games is nothing to laugh about, even if it's in a lower league then the NHL.

Reaper45 is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Forum Jump


Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 04:55 AM.

monitoring_string = "e4251c93e2ba248d29da988d93bf5144"
Contact Us - HFBoards - Archive - Privacy Statement - Terms of Use - Advertise - Top - AdChoices

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. 2014 All Rights Reserved.