HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > International Tournaments
International Tournaments Discuss international tournaments such as the World Juniors, Olympic hockey, and Ice Hockey World Championships, as they take place; or discuss past tournaments.

Group B • Dec. 26 • Slovakia 2, Russia 3 (OT)

Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools
Old
12-26-2012, 12:50 PM
  #401
Fulcrum
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Location: Toronto, ON
Country: Russian Federation
Posts: 2,605
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by I am the Liquor View Post
I dont see too many people saying otherwise. But the fact of the matter is that they DID stink it up today. Bad.

It is amusing watching the spin though.

They barely hung on to win in OT. Slovakia had all the momentum at the end and Vasilevski saved their butts, and kept them in the game and gave them an opportunity to win.

Winning or losing this game wouldnt matter much in the grand scheme of things. The important games are next week.
lol you must be happy.

The bad news for you and other Canadian fans is that they didn't play as bad as you would like, and you could clearly see the firepower and talent on the team. So you trying to overblow things to the extreme of just how BAD this Russian team is, is a waste of time.

What is amusing, is watching all these Canadian Vultures gloating that Russian did not dominate like "they expected".. whatever that means, since they don't really know this team well anyway

Fulcrum is offline  
Old
12-26-2012, 12:51 PM
  #402
CSKA
Registered User
 
CSKA's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2003
Country: Russian Federation
Posts: 1,890
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by UsernameWasTaken View Post
if russia doesn't make it from the group stage to the medal rounds i'm going to laugh so hard
like i said ,annoying.

CSKA is offline  
Old
12-26-2012, 12:53 PM
  #403
Slay
Registered User
 
Slay's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2003
Location: Krasnoyarsk
Country: Russian Federation
Posts: 1,425
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by I am the Liquor View Post
Unless of course you thought they would only score 2 goals in regulation?
Last year it was 3-1. Not that much different.

Slay is offline  
Old
12-26-2012, 12:53 PM
  #404
Zine
Registered User
 
Join Date: Feb 2002
Posts: 8,385
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by KevyD View Post
Or perhaps, the Russian team is not as great as the Russian fans would lead us to believe.
Maybe yes, maybe no. Who knows....it's only the first game.

*2011 (gold) lost to Canada its first game.
*2012 (silver) gave up 40 shots to Switzerland in the first game.

Zine is offline  
Old
12-26-2012, 12:59 PM
  #405
Mr Writer
Registered User
 
Mr Writer's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2012
Country: Canada
Posts: 3,415
vCash: 500
Guys,
check out the goaltender for Russia's woman's team. You don't need to speak Russian to appreciate this particular player's attributes.

http://news.sportbox.ru/video/teleca...okkeistka-Anna

Mr Writer is offline  
Old
12-26-2012, 01:02 PM
  #406
Mr Writer
Registered User
 
Mr Writer's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2012
Country: Canada
Posts: 3,415
vCash: 500
Still looking forward to the new year's eve game...should be a classic...

Mr Writer is offline  
Old
12-26-2012, 01:03 PM
  #407
Booyakasha
Nailinus Omarkupov
 
Booyakasha's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Country: Croatia
Posts: 2,340
vCash: 1240
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr Writer View Post
Guys,
check out the goaltender for Russia's woman's team. You don't need to speak Russian to appreciate this particular player's attributes.

http://news.sportbox.ru/video/teleca...okkeistka-Anna
oh my....
I would definately crash the crease and run the goaltender...

Booyakasha is offline  
Old
12-26-2012, 01:03 PM
  #408
S E P H
@Krzysztof_WHL
 
S E P H's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Location: Avs Country!
Country: Poland
Posts: 4,127
vCash: 50
Got to love Slovakia's compete level. Showed a lot of heart, nothing to be ashamed of.

S E P H is offline  
Old
12-26-2012, 01:04 PM
  #409
c9gunner
Registered User
 
c9gunner's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Location: Calgary
Country: Russian Federation
Posts: 326
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zine View Post
Maybe yes, maybe no. Who knows....it's only the first game.
Exactly. The Russia's best game in this tournament is yet to come.

c9gunner is offline  
Old
12-26-2012, 01:05 PM
  #410
Gavy
Registered User
 
Gavy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Location: Toronto
Country: Canada
Posts: 790
vCash: 500
Anybody know why Rielly hasn't be getting top line minutes? Or even top 6 minutes?

Gavy is offline  
Old
12-26-2012, 01:09 PM
  #411
pigpen65
Registered User
 
pigpen65's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Posts: 1,062
vCash: 500
I'm not sure a lot of people commenting on the score actually watched the game. Slovakia played an awesome game. Very fluid and disciplined. They did what they had to do to cut down Russia's space and passing lanes. It wasn't a bad game because it was close and Russia didn't play poorly because it was close. It was a good game, and Slovakia played great.

pigpen65 is offline  
Old
12-26-2012, 01:15 PM
  #412
S E P H
@Krzysztof_WHL
 
S E P H's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Location: Avs Country!
Country: Poland
Posts: 4,127
vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by pigpen65 View Post
I'm not sure a lot of people commenting on the score actually watched the game. Slovakia played an awesome game. Very fluid and disciplined. They did what they had to do to cut down Russia's space and passing lanes. It wasn't a bad game because it was close and Russia didn't play poorly because it was close. It was a good game, and Slovakia played great.
How I see it is if the Russians were much smarter on their entry to the zone this score would've been 5-2, 4-2 range.

S E P H is offline  
Old
12-26-2012, 01:31 PM
  #413
Night_Vole
Registered User
 
Night_Vole's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: T dot
Country: Russian Federation
Posts: 385
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr Writer View Post
Still looking forward to the new year's eve game...should be a classic...
err u must mean new year's morning

Night_Vole is offline  
Old
12-26-2012, 01:42 PM
  #414
Mr Writer
Registered User
 
Mr Writer's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2012
Country: Canada
Posts: 3,415
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Night_Vole View Post
err u must mean new year's morning
Don't get your point...whatever you are getting on with... the game is on the 31st. New Year's eve.... exact time morning, noon or night I really don't give a ****.... it will be a classic just like all Canada-Russia games.

Mr Writer is offline  
Old
12-26-2012, 01:54 PM
  #415
Yakushev72
Registered User
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Posts: 2,297
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fulcrum View Post
lol you must be happy.

The bad news for you and other Canadian fans is that they didn't play as bad as you would like, and you could clearly see the firepower and talent on the team. So you trying to overblow things to the extreme of just how BAD this Russian team is, is a waste of time.

What is amusing, is watching all these Canadian Vultures gloating that Russian did not dominate like "they expected".. whatever that means, since they don't really know this team well anyway
I think some of the Canadian fans are overreacting to their 9-3 win over Germany, which is a team that many consider to be a candidate for relegation. The TSN announcers, particularly Ray Ferraro, talked about how the game was likely to be a drubbing by Russia, thereby setting up a story line of "Wow, this isn't as lopsided a game as we suspected!" They know superficial information, but the announcers don't know anything about Slovakian hockey, and they don't know anything about the rivalry between the Slovaks and the Russians. That's where all this "this was supposed to be a blowout" talk originated.

Yakushev72 is offline  
Old
12-26-2012, 02:03 PM
  #416
Yakushev72
Registered User
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Posts: 2,297
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by I am the Liquor View Post
The guy hit the stick, which was being held normally, with his face, drawing a penalty.

Is that what you are trying to say here?
Yes. Look at the replay. As Xokkeu suggested, he was actually protecting himself from an illegal hit, since the puck was nowhere near him.

Yakushev72 is offline  
Old
12-26-2012, 02:09 PM
  #417
slovakiasnextone
Registered User
 
slovakiasnextone's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: Slovakia
Country: Slovakia
Posts: 4,726
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Yakushev72 View Post
I think some of the Canadian fans are overreacting to their 9-3 win over Germany, which is a team that many consider to be a candidate for relegation. The TSN announcers, particularly Ray Ferraro, talked about how the game was likely to be a drubbing by Russia, thereby setting up a story line of "Wow, this isn't as lopsided a game as we suspected!" They know superficial information, but the announcers don't know anything about Slovakian hockey, and they don't know anything about the rivalry between the Slovaks and the Russians. That's where all this "this was supposed to be a blowout" talk originated.
Except that Ferraro and the Canadians arenīt the only ones who expected a blow out in this game, the majority of Slovak fans did too and so did the fans of other teams, Iīm sure. They expected it because when you look at the players on the rosters of both teams player by player then the Slovak team is clearly inferior to the Russian team. And most games of Slovak juniot NT against Russia do end up in a blow out in Russian favor/or at least a clear Russian win (whether it is U16/U17/U18/U20).

Also, I donīt think this Slovak team consising of players born in 1993 and later has any kind of special rivalry with Russia, they donīt have any reason to have one with them.

slovakiasnextone is offline  
Old
12-26-2012, 02:18 PM
  #418
vorky
@vorkywh24
 
vorky's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Posts: 6,425
vCash: 500
Yakushev72
Result was definitely a suprise. On the other hand, Bokros is a good coach, he knows how to prepare teams/tactics. Russians disappreciated Slovaks and Nagy was good in net.

slovakiasnextone
You dont know what you are talking about. Dont agree

vorky is offline  
Old
12-26-2012, 02:25 PM
  #419
Mr Writer
Registered User
 
Mr Writer's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2012
Country: Canada
Posts: 3,415
vCash: 500
I don't know why fans make a big deal out of such games... it happens to all the big dogs from time to time. On a personal note I remember my final year of high school hockey, playing a game against the worst team in out city and for 4 years we consistently beat the snot out of, when finally in the 4th year, 2nd last game of the season, they finally gave us a game and boy in the 2nd intermission we were stunned...sometimes the mental side of game really gets a hold of you... I was expecting a more decisive win by the Russians, but I don't think it means anything that it wasn't... and BTW I was cheering for the Slovaks BIG TIME.

Mr Writer is offline  
Old
12-26-2012, 02:32 PM
  #420
Yakushev72
Registered User
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Posts: 2,297
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by I am the Liquor View Post
True, but Canada won that game by six goals.

This blown call could be the difference.
I hope Canada feels justifiable complacency after their stunning six goal win over Germany. Nobody ever dreamed that Germany, which played in the WJC last year at the Group B level, and will likely relegated to Group B again next year, was really going to ream Canada. A six goal win over Germany isn't automatically a sign that Canada will be able to sleepwalk through the tournament with a half-hearted effort, but I hope they feel that way nonetheless.

Yakushev72 is offline  
Old
12-26-2012, 02:35 PM
  #421
Yakushev72
Registered User
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Posts: 2,297
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by vorky View Post
Yakushev72
Result was definitely a suprise. On the other hand, Bokros is a good coach, he knows how to prepare teams/tactics. Russians disappreciated Slovaks and Nagy was good in net.

slovakiasnextone
You dont know what you are talking about. Dont agree
Where did that come from? I didn't say that. Seriously, that is not a quote from me.

Yakushev72 is offline  
Old
12-26-2012, 02:36 PM
  #422
DuckJet
#KESBAE
 
DuckJet's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2008
Location: Funkytown
Country: Kazakhstan
Posts: 36,131
vCash: 69
Dammit Yakupov...one assist? Come on buddy.

Quote:
Originally Posted by CSKA View Post
i dont get it , all this canadien fans complaining about our team. Just wait until we play against the US and mighty canada and than we see what this russian team is all about !!!!

Some of you canadiens are really fu.....annoying
Unfortunately...some really can be. But I'll just chalk that up to extreme pride of country which I guess is commendable.

DuckJet is online now  
Old
12-26-2012, 02:42 PM
  #423
Oilin Toronto
Registered User
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Posts: 402
vCash: 500
I didn't have the chance to watch the game...how was Yakupov. Did he play well? Did he compete?

Thanks in advance!

Oilin Toronto is offline  
Old
12-26-2012, 02:42 PM
  #424
vorky
@vorkywh24
 
vorky's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Posts: 6,425
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Yakushev72 View Post
Where did that come from? I didn't say that. Seriously, that is not a quote from me.
My bad. I did not react for your previous posts/statements. It was my feeling about the game. Just wanted to get into discussion...

Hope, you see me

vorky is offline  
Old
12-26-2012, 02:48 PM
  #425
russianhockey
Registered User
 
russianhockey's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Country: Germany
Posts: 1,157
vCash: 500
sorry for the late uploading (will take about 30 min.)


Last edited by russianhockey: 12-26-2012 at 03:05 PM.
russianhockey is offline  
Closed Thread

Forum Jump


Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 09:28 PM.

monitoring_string = "e4251c93e2ba248d29da988d93bf5144"
Contact Us - HFBoards - Archive - Privacy Statement - Terms of Use - Advertise - Top - AdChoices

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. Đ2014 All Rights Reserved.