HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk Trade rumors, transactions, and free agent talk. Rumors must contain the word RUMOR in post title. Proposals must contain the word PROPOSAL in post title.

Michael Sauer

Closed Thread

Old
12-24-2012, 12:58 PM
virothepyro
#lydia2012

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by EastRiver View Post
Comparing Sauer to Strasburg is like comparing Strasburg to Derrick Rose. Becuase Derrick Rose has had injury problems and is injured right now and Strasburg has had injury problems but isn't injured right now.
true but i think sauer, strasburg and rose all share something in common with our beloved game of curling.... sometimes you need a gentle touch and other times you just need power.

all 3 bring something differant to the game now if we expand the comparison to incude Ben lovejoy, Madison, Lydia, Carmello Anthony and Fernado Alonso we will find that comparisons are completely useless and Sauer is in no way a star

Old
12-24-2012, 01:00 PM
KingCanadain1976

I could see la interested if he is being sold cheap.(kings gm) Dean has gambled on injured before ( williams gagne mitchell etc) With mitchell getting up there suderi a free agent next year Hes exactly the type of defenseman the kings will need. He would be ahead of the current developing defense. I could see them interested but at what cost im not sure. maybe someone like drewski? i dunno

Old
12-24-2012, 01:05 PM
EastRiver

I could only see this happening if L.A. included a a bologna sandwich at the very least but prefarably a turkey breast sandwhich

Old
12-24-2012, 01:09 PM
KesselLooksLikeRadar*
The People's Champ

Quote:
Originally Posted by EastRiver View Post
I could only see this happening if L.A. included a a bologna sandwich at the very least but prefarably a turkey breast sandwhich
Double turkey meat though, don't sell short on Sauer, or else you could say it's a "Sauer" deal.

*Puts on sunglasses*

YYYYYYYYYEEEEEEEAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHH

Old
12-26-2012, 12:55 PM
Mystlyfe
We're Touched

what the hell

Old
12-26-2012, 02:33 PM
pld459666

vCash: 873

Quote:
Originally Posted by KesselLooksLikeRadar View Post
Well, I figure that if a team were to trade for him, a lot of his value would come from the fact they'd be willing to flip him for something more.
curious.

Why would the Rangers trade him now, if they could just flip him for something more?

Trust me, if Sather does decide to trade Sauer, he is going to squeeze every ounce of value out of the deal where any team flipping him later will do so at a loss, not a better return.

The fact of the matter is that the Rangers are prepared to retain Mike Sauer until he recovers or retires.

Old
12-26-2012, 02:46 PM
Nyquist

Quote:
Originally Posted by pld459666 View Post
curious.

Why would the Rangers trade him now, if they could just flip him for something more?

Trust me, if Sather does decide to trade Sauer, he is going to squeeze every ounce of value out of the deal where any team flipping him later will do so at a loss, not a better return.

The fact of the matter is that the Rangers are prepared to retain Mike Sauer until he recovers or retires.
Sather isn't some untouchable god at trading. It's very possible Sauer is traded and another team trades him for more.

Old
12-26-2012, 02:47 PM
JayP812
The Team of Tomorrow

vCash: 455
Sauer should not be moved. He brings too much to the table, and is on a bargain contract.

Old
12-26-2012, 02:53 PM
pld459666

vCash: 873
Quote:
Originally Posted by Datsyuk Dangles View Post
Sather isn't some untouchable god at trading. It's very possible Sauer is traded and another team trades him for more.
Not an untouchable god, not at all, but he is better than most at getting good value for the assets he is parting with.

At least he has been with the Rangers post 2005.

Only real loss he suffered in terms of a trade was the Tyutin for Zherdev deal and for the year we had Z, he was tied for the team lead in scoring.

The only reason he lost that trade was because he let Z walk after losing the Arbitration award.

otherwise that was an even trade.

Old
12-26-2012, 02:53 PM
blinkman360
Back to Basics

Quote:
Originally Posted by JayP812 View Post
Sauer should not be moved. He brings too much to the table, and is on a bargain contract.
Exactly. Sauer's upside is worth way more than what the Rangers would get in a trade.

Old
12-26-2012, 02:56 PM
Nyquist

Quote:
Originally Posted by pld459666 View Post
Not an untouchable god, not at all, but he is better than most at getting good value for the assets he is parting with.

At least he has been with the Rangers post 2005.

Only real loss he suffered in terms of a trade was the Tyutin for Zherdev deal and for the year we had Z, he was tied for the team lead in scoring.

The only reason he lost that trade was because he let Z walk after losing the Arbitration award.

otherwise that was an even trade.
Yeah but that doesn't guarantee New York will get more than any team will get trading for him though like you said in the post I quoted.

Old
12-26-2012, 03:16 PM
Nyquist

Quote:
Originally Posted by virothepyro View Post
true but i think sauer, strasburg and rose all share something in common with our beloved game of curling.... sometimes you need a gentle touch and other times you just need power.

all 3 bring something differant to the game now if we expand the comparison to incude Ben lovejoy, Madison, Lydia, Carmello Anthony and Fernado Alonso we will find that comparisons are completely useless and Sauer is in no way a star
Excellent analogies. Sauer probably wouldn't make it a day in the NBA. He'll just keep on tearing up the nhl though.

Old
12-26-2012, 03:16 PM
LatvianTwist
Global Moderator

vCash: 157
I think if you could turn a 4th into a 3rd for him, you have to make that deal.

Old
12-26-2012, 03:18 PM
Nyquist

Quote:
Originally Posted by LatvianTwist View Post
I think if you could turn a 4th into a 3rd for him, you have to make that deal.
Oh absolutely. I bet if a team were to simply move up a round between what they traded for him and what they trade him for it could start a chain of trades of similar nature.

Old
12-26-2012, 03:25 PM
KesselLooksLikeRadar*
The People's Champ

Truth be told though, Sauer is a special kind of player. When healthy, he has third pairing d-man potential and it's all on a low, low contract. In retrospect, he's probably worth a 1st+. I mean, if Gaustad could get a first, I'm sure Sauer could pull in 2 1sts. I'm sure Rangers fans agree.

Old
12-26-2012, 03:27 PM
LatvianTwist
Global Moderator

vCash: 157
Quote:
Truth be told though, Sauer is a special kind of player. When healthy, he has third pairing d-man potential and it's all on a low, low contract. In retrospect, he's probably worth a 1st+. I mean, if Gaustad could get a first, I'm sure Sauer could pull in 2 1sts. I'm sure Rangers fans agree.
So a 3rd isn't a fair offer?

Old
12-26-2012, 03:31 PM
virothepyro
#lydia2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by LatvianTwist View Post
So a 3rd isn't a fair offer?
it depends on what league Sauer is playing in it seems

Old
12-26-2012, 04:22 PM
Vitto79

How about he gets healthy from his concision and the rangers see if he's still a top 4 dman?

Old
12-26-2012, 09:02 PM
Boom Boom Geoffrion*
CarciLOL

Quote:
Third pairing potential? He was on the second unit with McDonagh and was a rock defensively. He's a #3-#4 on a good defensive team when healthy. He's our second best RHD. Smart, physical, competes, stands up for his teammates. Don't know where you're getting third-pairing potential from.

Old
12-26-2012, 09:07 PM
Bird Law
Daisy's back.

Send a message via AIM to Bird Law
Quote:
Originally Posted by Boom Boom Geoffrion View Post
Third pairing potential? He was on the second unit with McDonagh and was a rock defensively. He's a #3-#4 on a good defensive team when healthy. He's our second best RHD. Smart, physical, competes, stands up for his teammates. Don't know where you're getting third-pairing potential from.
Because he is trying to be clever and mock Rangers fans.

Old
12-26-2012, 09:21 PM
KesselLooksLikeRadar*
The People's Champ

Quote:
Originally Posted by Boom Boom Geoffrion View Post
Indeed. Third pairing potential. Deal with it, sucka

Old
12-26-2012, 11:38 PM
Dr. Ogrodnick

vCash: 661
Quote:
Sauer, if/when healthy is a solid second pair defenseman.

Old
12-27-2012, 12:02 AM
Boom Boom Geoffrion*
CarciLOL

Quote:
Deal with what? A foolish opinion that's miles from the truth? Sauer, when healthy, has excelled as a second pairing dmen on a team with plenty of depth.

If his potential is a third-pairing dmen, and he hasn't hit his potential, that means he's a #7 dmen. That'll put him in the 180+ range league wide.

Care to provide me with a list of the 180 or so dmen that are better than a healthy Sauer?

Last edited by Boom Boom Geoffrion*: 12-27-2012 at 12:08 AM.
Old
12-27-2012, 12:20 AM
Machinehead
54★ 74★ 90★ 14★

The potential return of a healthy Sauer is worth far more to the Rangers than anything they'd get for him injured.

Old
12-27-2012, 10:51 AM
ThatGuy22

Whats it matter, as soon as he hits Free Agency he is coming home to Minnesota, like all good ol' Minnesota boys.

Closed Thread