HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > Prospects
Notices

Prospects Discuss hockey prospects from all over the world and the NHL Draft.

Who are your top 15 prospects?

Old
12-26-2012, 02:31 PM
Oilin Toronto

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by EveryDay View Post
Good list but i would make some switch

1-Tarasenko
2-Galchenyuk
3-Yakupov
4-Hamilton
5-Kuznetsov
6-Schultz
7-Huberdeau
8-Granlund
9-Rielly
10-Murray
11-Baertchi
12-Grigorenko
13-Strome
14-Markstrom
15-Scheifele/Trouba/Silfverberg
This is my list:
1. J. Shultz - Have to go with the D that's co-leading the AHL in pts as a D. He has a 10pt lead over 3rd place, and is tied with J. Eberle, who was top 15 in NHL scoring last year.
2. Yakupov
3. Tarasenko
4. Galy
5. Huberdeau
6. Kuznetsov
7. Murray
8. Bartschi
9. Reilly - I would have had him top 5 a couple of weeks ago. However, from what I've seen the last week or so, he has some work to do D.
10. D. Hamilton - This is another guy that i was very high on, but he's shown me that there are some kinks in his armour.
11. Granlund - Has potential to be much higher.
12. Brodin - Very underappreciated. Is an enormous talent worthy of top 7.
13. Klefbom - Very steady D that keeps improving. If not for his injury this year, he would have been a stud at the WJC.
14. Silfverberg
15. Sheifele/Strome/Bjugstad/Coyle/Zucker

Oilin Toronto is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-26-2012, 03:28 PM
LeHabsMan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike Liut View Post
Is Jaden Schwartz top 25? Top 50?
Probably would have put him between 20-25 if the list was longer.

LeHabsMan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-26-2012, 04:11 PM
Haatley

vCash: 681
Quote:
Originally Posted by Leafs at Knight View Post
Rielly wouldn't be on it, I can tell you that much .
He would. just somewhere around 11-15 not anywhere near top 5 and not over murray or hamilton.

Haatley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-26-2012, 04:39 PM
Redden

Yakupov
Galchenyuk
Tarasenko
Kuzentzov
Huberdeau
Schultz
Murray
Baertschi
Granlund
Grigirenko
Klefbom
Brodin
Hamilton
Schiefele
Trouba

Redden is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-26-2012, 04:58 PM
CP31

1.Kuznetsov
2.Yakupov
3.Galchenyuk
4.Tarasenko
5.Schultz
6.Murray
7.Huberdeau
8.Hamilton
9.Baertschi
10.Granlund
11.Rielly
12.Grigorenko
13.Brodin
14.Reinhart
15.Strome

CP31 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-26-2012, 05:12 PM
Faidh ar Rud Eigin
Modhnóirí Claonta

1. Evgeny Kuznetsov WSH (2010 26)
2. Nail Yakupov EDM (2012 1)
3. Jonathan Huberdeau FLO (2011 3)
4. Vladamir Taresenko STL (2010 16)
5. Ryan Murray CBJ (2012 2)
6. Mikael Granlund MIN (2010 9)
7. Alex Galchenyuk MON (2012 3)
8. Sven Bärtschi CGY (2011 13)
9. Ryan Strome NYI (2011 5)
10. Dougie Hamilton BOS (2011 9)
11. Justin Schultz EDM (2008 43)
12. Jakob Silfverberg OTT (2009 39)
13. Mark Schiefele WIN (2011 7)
14. Brandon Gormley PHO (2010 13)
15. Mikhail Grigorenko BUF (2012 12)

I don't mind goalies being in a top prospects list, but I left them out.

This would be my top 10 goalies prospect list.

1. Andrei Vasilevski TB (2012 19)
2. Jacob Markstrom FLO (2008 31)
3. Jack Campbell DAL (2010 11)
4. Mark Visentin PHO (2010 28)
5. Malcolm Subban BOS (2012 24)
6. John Gibson ANA (2011 39)
7. Jordan Binnington STL (2011 88)
8. Robin Lehner OTT (2009 46)
9. Sami Aittokallio COL (2010 107)
10. Oscar Dansk CBJ (2012 31)

Faidh ar Rud Eigin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-26-2012, 05:29 PM

2009- 2012 drafted prospects

1. Nail Yakupov
2. Mikhail Grigorenko
3. Evgeny Kuznetsov
4. Ryan Murray
5. Vladamir Taresenko
6. Alex Galchenyuk
7. Mikeal Granlund
8. Dougie Hamilton
9. Jonathan Huberdeau
10. Sven Baerschi
11. Mark Scheifele
12. Mika Zibanejad
13. Morgan Reilly
14. Joel Armia
15. Ryan Strome

1972 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-26-2012, 05:54 PM
slightlystewpid420

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oilin Toronto View Post
This is my list:
1. J. Shultz - Have to go with the D that's co-leading the AHL in pts as a D. He has a 10pt lead over 3rd place, and is tied with J. Eberle, who was top 15 in NHL scoring last year.
2. Yakupov
3. Tarasenko
4. Galy
5. Huberdeau
6. Kuznetsov
7. Murray
8. Bartschi
9. Reilly - I would have had him top 5 a couple of weeks ago. However, from what I've seen the last week or so, he has some work to do D.
10. D. Hamilton - This is another guy that i was very high on, but he's shown me that there are some kinks in his armour.
11. Granlund - Has potential to be much higher.
12. Brodin - Very underappreciated. Is an enormous talent worthy of top 7.
13. Klefbom - Very steady D that keeps improving. If not for his injury this year, he would have been a stud at the WJC.
14. Silfverberg
15. Sheifele/Strome/Bjugstad/Coyle/Zucker
So what about that 3rd place giy in the AHL why isn't he on your list? He's a prospect and has less games played than Eberle or Schultz and has only played in like 25nhl games. Cam Atkinson definitely deserves to be on this list unless you consider him a "graduated prospect" He's a gritty harder hitting, harder working version of St. Louis. Oh yeah and he was a 6th Rd draft pick, and put up better numbers at BC than Kreider.

I'm actually shocked you have reilly in your top though, I'm sure not a lot of people agree with you there, I think time will tell with him, he grew a lot this past season and is playing,in a much tougher and physical league. I think he's the real deal I mean he's been playing with Jones so that says something right?

Last edited by slightlystewpid420: 12-26-2012 at 06:10 PM.
slightlystewpid420 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-26-2012, 05:54 PM
BlueBaron

1. Vladamir Taresenko
2. Evgeny Kuznetsov
3. Jonathan Huberdeau
4. Nail Yakupov
5. Dougie Hamilton
6. Alex Galchenyuk
7. Mikeal Granlund
8. Morgan Rielly
9. Ryan Murray
10. Ryan Strome
11. Mark Scheifele
12. Justin Schultz
13. Mikhail Grigorenko
14. Mika Zibanejad
15. Sven Baerschi

BlueBaron is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-26-2012, 06:07 PM
slightlystewpid420

Oops

slightlystewpid420 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-26-2012, 06:36 PM
Hennig
It was 4-1.

vCash: 1684
Quote:
Originally Posted by slightlystewpid420 View Post
So what about that 3rd place giy in the AHL why isn't he on your list? He's a prospect and has less games played than Eberle or Schultz and has only played in like 25nhl games. Cam Atkinson definitely deserves to be on this list unless you consider him a "graduated prospect" He's a gritty harder hitting, harder working version of St. Louis. Oh yeah and he was a 6th Rd draft pick, and put up better numbers at BC than Kreider.

I'm actually shocked you have reilly in your top though, I'm sure not a lot of people agree with you there, I think time will tell with him, he grew a lot this past season and is playing,in a much tougher and physical league. I think he's the real deal I mean he's been playing with Jones so that says something right?
I'm thinking he meant Morgan Rielly and not Mike Reilly. I could be wrong though. I agree with you about Reilly, he looks like a steal for the fourth round. Every time I've watched him play he has impressed me.

Hennig is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-26-2012, 06:49 PM
EveryDay

Quote:
Originally Posted by Darcy Regier View Post

1. Nail Yakupov
2. Mikhail Grigorenko
3. Evgeny Kuznetsov
4. Ryan Murray
5. Vladamir Taresenko
6. Alex Galchenyuk
7. Mikeal Granlund
8. Dougie Hamilton
9. Jonathan Huberdeau
10. Sven Baerschi
11. Mark Scheifele
12. Mika Zibanejad
13. Morgan Reilly
14. Joel Armia
15. Ryan Strome
We have a Winner!!!!!

Worst list of the thread!!!

EveryDay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-26-2012, 07:18 PM
CanadienShark

vCash: 517
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hale The Villain View Post
Galchenyuk is a dynamic #1 center in the making. Watching him play makes me believe his game will translate very well to the NHL. Kid is putting up 2PPG this season after playing 8 games last year due to injury. I had him slightly behind Yakupov before the draft, but he has bounced back tremendously well and I think going forward Galchenyuk is the safer bet to be a star forward down the road.

His potential is no less than that of Yakupov, Kuznetsov, Tarasenko etc.... He very well could end up the best player of that group, and those players are widely considered the the top 3 prospects in the league. Saying Galchenyuk is the top prospect in hockey isn't as crazy as you think.
I'm still hesitant, but believe me, I'd like nothing more than you to be correct.

CanadienShark is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-26-2012, 07:37 PM
caley

01. Sven Baertschi: Watching him in junior, then for a quick spell in the NHL, he looks like he has all the tools to be not just a player, but a superstar. And, being an Oilers fan, it pains me to put him this high, so that should be considered a hearty endorsement.
02. Justin Schultz: I liked him back when he played in the BCHL, and was suprised/excited when he spurned the Ducks for the Oilers (Sorry Ducks fans, consider it payback for the Pronger trade request-Stanley Cup debacle! ) and am amazed at him tearing it up in the AHL.
03. Nail Yakupov: I have my concerns (His aversion to contact) about his play, but I think he has the personality and skill to be a major superstar (Ovechkin-Lite) and his enthusiasm for hockey is very infectious.
04. Alex Galchenyuk: Big and skilled, he's tearing up the AHL, has amazing hands.
05. Jakub Markstrom: I think he's the closest bet to a sure-thing goalie as there is outside the NHL. The repeated injuries are a concern, but he's big, competitive and talented.
06. Griffin Reinhart: I think he has untapped offensive potential, which could allow him to be a big-time player at the NHL level. I could see him playing alongside Calvin De Haan (if he ever stays healthy for a year) and being a great compliment to him, covering for him in the d-zone and firing slapshots from the point.
07. Chris Kreider: I'm a little concerned about his numbers in the AHL this season (Though I don't think he has a ton of help), but his play in the NHL playoffs last year were eye-opening and he should be an solid 2-way forward for years to come.
08. Mikhail Grigorenko: I was blown away by the way he dropped in last year's draft, with most of the reasons being attributed to his playoff performance (Even though I feel like if he were Canadian, scouts would have been praising his courage for playing through mono), but he has undeniable skill and hands and I think he has Malkin-esque potential.
09. Mikael Granlund: Skill, skill, skill. His size is the biggest detriment against him, but he's made it work against pros and the best in the world at the WHCs, so I think he'll pull it off at the NHL level, too.
10. Gustav Nyquist: He's excelled at every level, thus far, including the AHL. I think he'll get a shot in the Red Wings Top 6 whenever NHL comes back and I think he'll be a good one.
11. Vladimir Tarasenko: I have my concerns (That weird WHC drama last year, the slight delay in him coming over and signing with the Blues, the fact he didn't play in the AHL this year) but I think he's going to be an impact player.
12. Tom Wilson: Yeah, that's right. I've been a big fan of Wilson since seeing him last year for the first time and I think he might be one of those rare players who is better in the NHL than juniors, but the biggest thing I point to is the way he stepped up in last year's OHL playoffs and his toughness. I think he could be a top line power forward for a long time.
13. Jonathan Huberdeau: Has amazing skill, and talent and a temper. The reason he's this low is I'm worried expectations are a little too high for him and he might struggle to fulfill them.
14. Oscar Klefbom: Looks like a big impact d-man to me, a guy who can excel at both ends of the ice, fire (Klef)Bombs from the point. The injury is a concern, though.
15. Mark Stone: His play in the playoffs last year was amazing, the way he stepped right into a scoring role for the Sens. I felt he should have had more time, instead of putting in Silfverberg (whom I also like).

The Omissions:
-Scheifele: I can't put my finger on it, but there's something about his game that just doesn't do it for me.
-Kuznetsov: I don't really consider him a prospect until he shows more of a willingness to come to the NHL. Great talent, but I'm worried about his interest in the NHL.
-Rielly: I'm a little worried he's more bust than boom. I have concerns over his size and defensive play, as well as playing under the hottest microscope in the NHL in Toronto.
-Hamilton: I keep waiting for him to blow me away, but he just never does. I'm worried he might not be good enough at either end to be more than Kurtis Foster at the NHL.
-Murray: I think he has the potential to be a very good defenceman, but moreso Scott Hannan than Duncan Keith. The injury is a major concern, too.
-Strome: I just don't like his game. To me, he's a guy who disappears when the going gets tough, and pads his stats against bad teams.

That said, I'm probably completely wrong. As long as I'm right about the Oilers, all is well.

caley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-26-2012, 08:11 PM
Oilin Toronto

Quote:

Perhaps he does, but I didn't include him because:
1) He will be 24 years old this year, and already in his 3rd year in AHL. At this point, he cannot be considered in the same situation as guys like Brodin or Granlund. Ask yourself, would you trade him straight up if you were offered any of the prospects in my top 15. I think your answer would be a resounding "YES".
2) He is listed as at 5' 8" and a 173 pounds. In reality, he's actually he's a lot shorter and smaller than that. Of course, you're going to argue that Granlund is small as well. The difference is that Atkinson is more than 3 years older, and has fully developed his frame. He's just not very big.

Oilin Toronto is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-26-2012, 08:48 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by EveryDay View Post
We have a Winner!!!!!

Worst list of the thread!!!
Considering 70% of these players will likely never reach there potential whose to say your right and I am wrong? Please explain that to me. It's literally a craps shoot with who becomes the best players which is why I ranked my list on who I believe has the most potential, is your issue because I have Grigorenko at #2 on my list?

If you want my reasoning for my list that's fine, but don't act like development is a constant and there is a set ranking, your likely the type of guy who bashes Buttons rankings too.

Cheers

Last edited by 1972: 12-26-2012 at 08:55 PM.
Old
12-26-2012, 08:56 PM
Sean Monahan
#Moneyman

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by caley View Post
01. Sven Baertschi: Watching him in junior, then for a quick spell in the NHL, he looks like he has all the tools to be not just a player, but a superstar. And, being an Oilers fan, it pains me to put him this high, so that should be considered a hearty endorsement.
This is some high praise

Sean Monahan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-26-2012, 09:29 PM
LeHabsMan

Quote:
Originally Posted by caley View Post
02. Justin Schultz: I liked him back when he played in the BCHL, and was suprised/excited when he spurned the Ducks for the Oilers (Sorry Ducks fans, consider it payback for the Pronger trade request-Stanley Cup debacle! ) and am amazed at him tearing it up in the AHL.
03. Nail Yakupov: I have my concerns (His aversion to contact) about his play, but I think he has the personality and skill to be a major superstar (Ovechkin-Lite) and his enthusiasm for hockey is very infectious.
04. Alex Galchenyuk: Big and skilled, he's tearing up the AHL, has amazing hands.
05. Jakub Markstrom: I think he's the closest bet to a sure-thing goalie as there is outside the NHL. The repeated injuries are a concern, but he's big, competitive and talented.
06. Griffin Reinhart: I think he has untapped offensive potential, which could allow him to be a big-time player at the NHL level. I could see him playing alongside Calvin De Haan (if he ever stays healthy for a year) and being a great compliment to him, covering for him in the d-zone and firing slapshots from the point.
07. Chris Kreider: I'm a little concerned about his numbers in the AHL this season (Though I don't think he has a ton of help), but his play in the NHL playoffs last year were eye-opening and he should be an solid 2-way forward for years to come.
08. Mikhail Grigorenko: I was blown away by the way he dropped in last year's draft, with most of the reasons being attributed to his playoff performance (Even though I feel like if he were Canadian, scouts would have been praising his courage for playing through mono), but he has undeniable skill and hands and I think he has Malkin-esque potential.
09. Mikael Granlund: Skill, skill, skill. His size is the biggest detriment against him, but he's made it work against pros and the best in the world at the WHCs, so I think he'll pull it off at the NHL level, too.
10. Gustav Nyquist: He's excelled at every level, thus far, including the AHL. I think he'll get a shot in the Red Wings Top 6 whenever NHL comes back and I think he'll be a good one.
11. Vladimir Tarasenko: I have my concerns (That weird WHC drama last year, the slight delay in him coming over and signing with the Blues, the fact he didn't play in the AHL this year) but I think he's going to be an impact player.
12. Tom Wilson: Yeah, that's right. I've been a big fan of Wilson since seeing him last year for the first time and I think he might be one of those rare players who is better in the NHL than juniors, but the biggest thing I point to is the way he stepped up in last year's OHL playoffs and his toughness. I think he could be a top line power forward for a long time.
13. Jonathan Huberdeau: Has amazing skill, and talent and a temper. The reason he's this low is I'm worried expectations are a little too high for him and he might struggle to fulfill them.
14. Oscar Klefbom: Looks like a big impact d-man to me, a guy who can excel at both ends of the ice, fire (Klef)Bombs from the point. The injury is a concern, though.
15. Mark Stone: His play in the playoffs last year was amazing, the way he stepped right into a scoring role for the Sens. I felt he should have had more time, instead of putting in Silfverberg (whom I also like).

The Omissions:
-Scheifele: I can't put my finger on it, but there's something about his game that just doesn't do it for me.
-Kuznetsov: I don't really consider him a prospect until he shows more of a willingness to come to the NHL. Great talent, but I'm worried about his interest in the NHL.
-Rielly: I'm a little worried he's more bust than boom. I have concerns over his size and defensive play, as well as playing under the hottest microscope in the NHL in Toronto.
-Hamilton: I keep waiting for him to blow me away, but he just never does. I'm worried he might not be good enough at either end to be more than Kurtis Foster at the NHL.
-Murray: I think he has the potential to be a very good defenceman, but moreso Scott Hannan than Duncan Keith. The injury is a major concern, too.
-Strome: I just don't like his game. To me, he's a guy who disappears when the going gets tough, and pads his stats against bad teams.

That said, I'm probably completely wrong. As long as I'm right about the Oilers, all is well.
I like you explanations for each each player. Although I dont completely agree with your rankings, I cant argue with your reasoning. All these guys are great prospects so i guss we have to wait a couple of seasons to see who is right about theses guys.

Old
12-26-2012, 09:32 PM
LeHabsMan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Darcy Regier View Post

1. Nail Yakupov
2. Mikhail Grigorenko
3. Evgeny Kuznetsov
4. Ryan Murray
5. Vladamir Taresenko
6. Alex Galchenyuk
7. Mikeal Granlund
8. Dougie Hamilton
9. Jonathan Huberdeau
10. Sven Baerschi
11. Mark Scheifele
12. Mika Zibanejad
13. Morgan Reilly
14. Joel Armia
15. Ryan Strome
Why Grigorenko at #2? He is good(10-15, IMO) but what makes him better than Kuznetsov, Tarasenko, Huberdeau, Strome and Granlund?

Old
12-26-2012, 09:35 PM
LeHabsMan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Faidh ar Rud Eigin View Post
1. Evgeny Kuznetsov WSH (2010 26)
2. Nail Yakupov EDM (2012 1)
3. Jonathan Huberdeau FLO (2011 3)
4. Vladamir Taresenko STL (2010 16)
5. Ryan Murray CBJ (2012 2)
6. Mikael Granlund MIN (2010 9)
7. Alex Galchenyuk MON (2012 3)
8. Sven Bärtschi CGY (2011 13)
9. Ryan Strome NYI (2011 5)
10. Dougie Hamilton BOS (2011 9)
11. Justin Schultz EDM (2008 43)
12. Jakob Silfverberg OTT (2009 39)
13. Mark Schiefele WIN (2011 7)
14. Brandon Gormley PHO (2010 13)
15. Mikhail Grigorenko BUF (2012 12)

I don't mind goalies being in a top prospects list, but I left them out.

This would be my top 10 goalies prospect list.

1. Andrei Vasilevski TB (2012 19)
2. Jacob Markstrom FLO (2008 31)
3. Jack Campbell DAL (2010 11)
4. Mark Visentin PHO (2010 28)
5. Malcolm Subban BOS (2012 24)
6. John Gibson ANA (2011 39)
7. Jordan Binnington STL (2011 88)
8. Robin Lehner OTT (2009 46)
9. Sami Aittokallio COL (2010 107)
10. Oscar Dansk CBJ (2012 31)
Agree with your goalie ranking 100% but Im not so high on Huberdeau. I dont see him being better than Galchenyuk and Tarasenko.

Old
12-26-2012, 10:26 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Habs4TheCup View Post
Why Grigorenko at #2? He is good(10-15, IMO) but what makes him better than Kuznetsov, Tarasenko, Huberdeau, Strome and Granlund?
Grigorenko, he is a 6'-3" center with elite vision, a very quick release and heavy shot. He has a very good stick and is an above average to good skater. He has all the tools to translate into a 1st line center in the league and with his skill set I believe he has as good of chance as anyone on my list to become that, I also factored in the opportunity he will be given with Buffalo.

I think that Strome and Granlund are both very good hockey players who may become better players than Grigorenko, but since alot of prospects wont reach there potential I went with players who I thought had the best potential.

I had both Tarasenko and Kuznetsov ahead of Grigorenko before I made my final list but decide to tinker alittle with the uncertainty of Kuznetsov coming over to play in North America and Granlund being an average skater who is on the smaller size.

Huberdeau, I really dont know what to think of him.

If there is a guy I might have alittle low I think its Galchenyuk, like Grigorenko he has an unbelievable opportunity and will be given the #1 center role in only a few years.

Old
12-26-2012, 10:31 PM
Hardyvan123
tweet@HardyintheWack

Quote:
Originally Posted by ReginKarlssonLehner View Post
1. Nail Yakupov 12
2. Evgeni Kuznetsov 10
3. Vladimir Tarasenko 10
4. Mikael Granlund 10
5. Alex Galchenyuk 12
6. Justin Schultz 08
7. Jonathan Huberdeau 11
8. Dougie Hamilton 11
9. Ryan Strome 11
10. Morgan Rielly 12
11. Sven Bartschi 11
12. Ryan Murray 12
13. Mika Zibanejad 11
14. Mikhail Grigerenko 12
15. Jakob Silfverberg 09

I'm very high on Granlund.
I'd go with a list something like this except is hard to project out.

I put the draft year beside each player, Schultz has really broken out last year and this year, Slifverberg last year.

There are at least 2 or 3 guys in the top 30 list that are going to make better NHLer's than the last 2-3 on this list, we just really don't know yet.

For the record both Nathan and Seth would be 1,2 on this grouping of players, although they aren't eligible yet.

Hardyvan123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-26-2012, 10:36 PM
Hardyvan123
tweet@HardyintheWack

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dangles78 View Post
1. Tarasenko
2. Yakupov
3. Kuznetsov
4. Galchenyuk
5. Hamilton
6. Huberdeau
7. Schultz
8. Granlund
9. Baertschi
10. Reilly
11. Strome
12. Murray
13. Zibanejad
14. Schiefele
15. B.Smith (severely underrated)

I didn't read the article and didn't consider him and while I think he will be a very good player his is a 07 draft so he isn't going to get very much better IMO but Dmen do take longer so there is a maybe here.

Old
12-26-2012, 11:00 PM
Hardyvan123
tweet@HardyintheWack

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike Liut View Post
Is Jaden Schwartz top 25? Top 50?
very top 25 in my books just isn't top 25 in hype, my bet is that he plays more NHL games than the 8th top guy on this list.

A solid and more sure bet but nothing spectacular.

Old
12-26-2012, 11:25 PM
Crede777
Deputized

Quote:

Atkinson doesn't really belong on this list because of a number of reasons. First he's 24. Second, because of his stature and team he plays for he isn't going to get a lot of hype from outside of the Jackets fanbase. I think he's shown that he's pretty well developed. I think he's already a 20 goal guy in the NHL and can dominate the AHL. The question is whether or not he can perform over an 82 game season and progress beyond a 20-20 guy.

This list in my opinion is more for guys like Huberdeau, Yakupov, and Murray than it is for guys like Atkinson.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oilin Toronto View Post
Ask yourself, would you trade him straight up if you were offered any of the prospects in my top 15.
I wouldn't trade him for anyone below Granlund besides maybe Strome. In my mind he's on par with Silfverberg. Gotta remember Columbus has a bevvy of high end defensive prospects in Murray, Erixon, Moore and Savard and badly needs scoring forwards. Also gotta remember he's already contributed very well at the NHL level in his brief stint there so he's much more of a known commodity. Basically I wouldn't trade a current, decent 2nd line NHL winger (20-30-50) for those guys below Granlund. At that point I'd just take what I know.

Last edited by Crede777: 12-26-2012 at 11:36 PM.
Crede777 is offline   Reply With Quote