HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > The Business of Hockey
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
The Business of Hockey Discuss the financial and business aspects of the NHL. Topics may include the CBA, work stoppages, broadcast contracts, franchise sales, and NHL revenues.

Ticket Prices after the Lockout

View Poll Results: Ticket Prices
Increase 10 45.45%
Decrease 12 54.55%
Voters: 22. You may not vote on this poll

Old
12-26-2012, 05:40 PM
flames12

vCash: 500
Ticket Prices after the Lockout

Increase or Decrease?

flames12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-26-2012, 05:47 PM
Janks
Pope Janks

vCash: 50
I'd imagine that they would stay similar in Calgary, maybe decrease a little

Janks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-26-2012, 05:50 PM
Pyrophorus

Send a message via MSN to Pyrophorus Send a message via Yahoo to Pyrophorus Send a message via Skype™ to Pyrophorus
Not even a discussion point in this area.

Pyrophorus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-26-2012, 05:51 PM
WingsFan95

In Detroit I imagine they'll decrease as the Pistons tickets did because of the economy.

I haven't bought Leafs tickets in...ever.

WingsFan95 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-26-2012, 06:33 PM
stuffradio

vCash: 424
They will increase ticket prices in Vancouver or stay the same.

stuffradio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-26-2012, 06:33 PM
IU Hawks fan
They call me IU

All depends on the market. Some will go up, some will go down.

IU Hawks fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-26-2012, 06:38 PM
nabbyfan

Increase to recoup some of that sweet HRR

I will be interested to see what the Sharks end up doing. They had the nerve to raise prices for this season, after the worst Sharks season in recent memory, so I wouldn't put it past them to jack them up again to help cover some lost revenue.

nabbyfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-26-2012, 06:45 PM
Kevin27nyi
Global Moderator
#21KO

I honestly think The Isles personally will lower prices. Less games means they need to maximize how many people go which means they lower the price. Just my opinion. It could also mean they raise prices to maximize profit. Who knows, maybe both, higher price for divisional games but lower price for other teams.

Kevin27nyi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-26-2012, 06:48 PM
kdb209
Global Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by nabbyfan View Post
Increase to recoup some of that sweet HRR

I will be interested to see what the Sharks end up doing. They had the nerve to raise prices for this season, after the worst Sharks season in recent memory, so I wouldn't put it past them to jack them up again to help cover some lost revenue.
I would expect them to do something similar to what happened in '05-'06 - a small (~5-15%) drop in STH prices for the first year, followed by increases the next bringing them back to about pre-lockout levels.

kdb209 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-26-2012, 06:50 PM
Kane One
HFB Partner

vCash: 823
Stay the same. The Rangers' would increase compared to 2011-12, but that's because they already planned the increase which would have been for 2012-13.

12-26-2012, 07:29 PM
Wiems35*

It's inevitable that they increase. The Blues are in a tough position. Their low ticket prices were hurting them, and after last year, it seemed they had a reason to justify increasing them, but now I don't know how they could do it without losing fans.

Wiems35* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-26-2012, 07:29 PM
Fat Jughead

Can't see prices going up in buildings that are already half empty. You can't draw water from a stone. Especially when you're already trying to beat that stone over the head into thinking it wants to pay to watch pro hockey, when it clearly can't/doesn't.

Rest assured, prices will be going up all across the board in my building, (along with every other hockey sugar daddy out there) just like they do every year; probably more so than most other years. They need to subsidize these failed franchises somehow while they try and figure out how to sell hockey to people who don't like it. That responsibility has been ours for a while now anyway, so why not ask for just a little bit more. No one will care. We'll bit ch about it, but nobody will do anything about it.

Teams that aren't so fortunate will probably have a different view of the lockout, but they should be looking it this as having lost a lot more than just money. They've probably lost a lot of momentum with their existing fan bases. Good luck attracting new fans. They'll be fortunate to hang onto half of their season ticket holders as it is.

...not to mention NBC can't be too happy with the league right now. I hope they lose that tv deal, just so Bettman and his band of doosh bags finally realize exactly where they sit when it comes to american network tv. They sit at the kid's table, and they better shut up and eat when they're told to.

This isn't our fault, but naturally, paying customers will have to pay for the NHL's stupidity. Rich people rarely lose jack ****, even when they screw the pooch. We'll be paying for this 1 when it's all said and done. Maybe not all of us, but a lot of us.

Fat Jughead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-26-2012, 09:15 PM
Mant*

Avalanche prices went up after the last lockout, and every season since then, even as attendance drops. I don't see why they'd change that now.

Mant* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-26-2012, 09:19 PM
No Fun Shogun
Global Moderator
34-38-61-10-13

vCash: 1
Increase almost across the board. A few markets might stay the same and maybe a few more will see them decrease, but within a year or two after the lockout ends, I'll honestly be astonished if at least 20 teams don't have higher ticket prices than they did before the lockout.

No Fun Shogun is offline   Reply With Quote