HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > Washington Capitals
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

All-Visiting From Out of Town/Ticket Thread for the Washington Capitals

Old
09-21-2012, 03:22 PM
ChibiPooky
Yay hockey!

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Looch View Post
The APR offer really isn't as big a benny as many are making it out to be.

If you are a average joe balcony STH for the B's with a pair of seats worth a little over 4k, your 3% APR credit for the 8 missed home games in the month of October (the most home games of any month in the season) you will receive ONE dollar in APR interest. Most STH's don't really know how APR works. And I'm sure most teams are "banking" on the fact they don't know how it works.

The bigger question, is your team suspending monthly payments during the lockout if you are on a monthly payment plan? It many not state if they are or not in your email or letter you received. If it doesn't state it (like the B's didn't) more than likely they will continue the monthly charge. If it does state it (like the Wild did) obviously your good and won't be charged.

Most teams have a "frequently asked question" area that will answer it. That was the case with the B's. And in their case, they are continuing to charge us. So in effect, in November I will be charged my November payment, and the next day I will receive a refund for the missed games in October
Caps are stopping payments.

ChibiPooky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-21-2012, 04:33 PM
Looch
B's, C's & Sox

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChibiPooky View Post
Caps are stopping payments.
Thanks

12-26-2012, 09:27 PM
invictus

Are taxis pricey in the greater metro area of DC? I have a couple interviews back-to-back on 3 consecutive days at the end of January in the same office building (part of a job fair hookup from my university). It is out in Chantilly, which appears to be a bit away from all the hubub. With some work I have to take, and having gotten to see DC not too long ago in terms of tourist stuff, I was thinking of not getting a rental car to save some money. I'd be getting in the evening of a weekday, staying 3 nights, and leaving that last afternoon. So, basically, shuttle from the airport to my hotel and back at the end, along with 3 round-trip cab fairs from my hotel to the interview spots. It just seems like it should be a ton cheaper to do that than pay a rental fee for ~3-4 days. Thoughts?

I am a simple man from a small Midwestern town, so I figured asking big city people for an opinion was a good idea in case I am missing something obvious. Thanks!

invictus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-26-2012, 11:29 PM
NobodyBeatsTheWiz
Happy now?

Quote:
Originally Posted by invictus View Post
Are taxis pricey in the greater metro area of DC? I have a couple interviews back-to-back on 3 consecutive days at the end of January in the same office building (part of a job fair hookup from my university). It is out in Chantilly, which appears to be a bit away from all the hubub. With some work I have to take, and having gotten to see DC not too long ago in terms of tourist stuff, I was thinking of not getting a rental car to save some money. I'd be getting in the evening of a weekday, staying 3 nights, and leaving that last afternoon. So, basically, shuttle from the airport to my hotel and back at the end, along with 3 round-trip cab fairs from my hotel to the interview spots. It just seems like it should be a ton cheaper to do that than pay a rental fee for ~3-4 days. Thoughts?

I am a simple man from a small Midwestern town, so I figured asking big city people for an opinion was a good idea in case I am missing something obvious. Thanks!
Edit: totally misread your post. Yeah, if you're only going to be around the Dulles/Chantilly area, a cab should be fine. You'll just have to call one every morning, I'm sure. Not as readily available out there (unless your at the airport). Cost should not be prohibitive.

NobodyBeatsTheWiz is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
12-26-2012, 11:57 PM
usiel
HFBoards Sponsor

Send a message via MSN to usiel
Definitely being in suburbia on the cab side definitely error on the side of scheduling a cab early enough to have enough time to call another one if the first doesn't show up. Will probably mean showing up earlier at your destination if the first one is all good.

Good luck on the job search. DC metro area has been fairly recession job proof.

12-27-2012, 12:05 AM
invictus

Quote:
Originally Posted by NobodyBeatsTheWiz View Post
Edit: totally misread your post. Yeah, if you're only going to be around the Dulles/Chantilly area, a cab should be fine. You'll just have to call one every morning, I'm sure. Not as readily available out there (unless your at the airport). Cost should not be prohibitive.
Quote:
Originally Posted by usiel View Post
Definitely being in suburbia on the cab side definitely error on the side of scheduling a cab early enough to have enough time to call another one if the first doesn't show up. Will probably mean showing up earlier at your destination if the first one is all good.

Good luck on the job search. DC metro area has been fairly recession job proof.
Great! Thanks for the reassurance Sorry if I was off in judging what the greater DC area is

I am the nervous type, so I planned on getting there way early anyway, haha. Thanks for the good luck. Hopefully I face the tough decision of whether to adopt the Caps as my 2nd team if hockey ever comes back.

Thanks again!

invictus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-11-2013, 10:18 PM
motorace

how much are your season tickets?

how much you guys paying for your upper level season tickets this post lock out year? i just paid 2k for 24 games, 2 seats which is about 42 bux a seat mezzanine end. i cant find this year prices but seems last year was much less from a search here?

motorace is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-15-2013, 10:02 AM
NobodyBeatsTheWiz
Happy now?

I'm selling my two tickets for the Habs game on the 24th (and potentially opening night). Shoot me a PM if interested.

Apologies in advance for slow response time--I'm traveling around SE Asia at the moment.

Old
01-15-2013, 10:23 AM
Cashville
RIP Lindback

Just bought tickets to the home opener against WPG; paid $105 for two nosebleed seats in SEC 423. I miss Nashville; could have gotten the same seats for like $40 total.

As an aside, are there any good hockey bars in DC? I mean a pretty good focus on / following for hockey, not just a sports bar that shows hockey. I live on U Street, but would be willing to travel to DuPont and Admo. I saw this post and am a pretty big fan of Ventnor's, but was looking for other opinions:

http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/sh...94&postcount=5

Cashville is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-16-2013, 07:36 PM
foundhockey

Advice for first time at a game?

I'm going to the season opener at Tampa to watch the Caps. I've never been to a hockey game or any pro sports game (grew up in Guam). Any advice? Will the Tampa fans be rude to me? I don't have a jersey but I'll obviously be cheering for the Caps. Also, I am SUPER EXCITED.

foundhockey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-16-2013, 07:47 PM
NobodyBeatsTheWiz
Happy now?

I doubt Tampa fans will be rude to you. There will be very few there and they're typically amkng thr mlst tame opposing fans.

My one piece of advice for attending a game at VC: don't eat in the arena. Its overpriced and theres lots if great food in the immediate vicinity.

Old
01-17-2013, 11:53 AM
foundhockey

Quote:
I doubt Tampa fans will be rude to you. There will be very few there and they're typically amkng thr mlst tame opposing fans.

My one piece of advice for attending a game at VC: don't eat in the arena. Its overpriced and theres lots if great food in the immediate vicinity.
Thanks for the info about Tampa fans. As for food, luckily I'm staying with a local so she can take me to all the good places to eat.

foundhockey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-21-2013, 08:42 PM
apice3*

I'm seeing only singles and pairs available for the Devils game 2/23. Our team holds some of the tickets on ticketmaster and releases them as the game day approaches. Does your team do that too, or are practically all the seats already gone?

I'll probably stop by here more as that games gets closer, but I'm probably going to be looking for four tickets, if anyone is willing to sell to an away fan. Not really picky about where to sit, just trying to catch a game in every city before I get too old and responsible and all that growing up stuff.

apice3* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-24-2013, 03:52 PM
skudrafan1
Rookie User

Looking for cheap tix to Caps/Sabres 1/27

I'm a Sabres fan new to the DC area (Charles Town, WV) and am hoping to track down cheap tickets for Sunday afternoon's game. I've been following StubHub for the past two weeks, but there still are no pair of tickets for less than $50 each, and I don't want to pay that much!

Are scalpers reputable around the Verizon Center? Does the ticket price plunge on StubHub or Ticketmaster or any other site the day of the game? Any help from locals is appreciated. Thanks!

skudrafan1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-24-2013, 04:07 PM
ChibiPooky
Yay hockey!

Quote:
Originally Posted by skudrafan1 View Post
I'm a Sabres fan new to the DC area (Charles Town, WV) and am hoping to track down cheap tickets for Sunday afternoon's game. I've been following StubHub for the past two weeks, but there still are no pair of tickets for less than $50 each, and I don't want to pay that much!

Are scalpers reputable around the Verizon Center? Does the ticket price plunge on StubHub or Ticketmaster or any other site the day of the game? Any help from locals is appreciated. Thanks!
I doubt you'll find cheaper, even from the scalpers, who are (as scalpers go) reputable.

Old
01-24-2013, 06:10 PM
skudrafan1
Rookie User

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChibiPooky View Post
I doubt you'll find cheaper, even from the scalpers, who are (as scalpers go) reputable.
Thanks for the help, disheartening as it might be. And thanks to the moderator who moved me to the correct place. (Sorry, I'm new here, too!)

skudrafan1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-24-2013, 06:28 PM
usiel
HFBoards Sponsor

Quote:
Thanks for the help, disheartening as it might be. And thanks to the moderator who moved me to the correct place. (Sorry, I'm new here, too!)
No worries man it is no big deal. This Capitals forum generally subscribes to a monotheistic thread style. If we could get away with one thread for everything we'd probably go there.

usiel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-25-2013, 12:48 PM
ChibiPooky
Yay hockey!

Quote:
Actually apparently stubhub had some tickets for like $5 on game day yesterday - so I may well be wrong. With the team 0-3, it'll probably help your cause.

Old
01-27-2013, 11:46 PM
Bunk Moreland

vCash: 50
What's up everyone.. I'm coming into town 2/9 to catch the game ill be staying at the hotel across the street from the arena.. We wanted on doin a little sightseeing while there for the short amount of time so I was just wondering is it a big walk from the arena to the mall area like the capital building or to Lincoln memorial? Also definitely going to be looking to have a few brews before and after anyone got a favorite pub style place nearby?

I looked at the map and all that obviously beforehand just that its easier to go by people's opinions than a map sometimes especially if not familiar with the area.

Bunk Moreland is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-28-2013, 05:08 AM
NobodyBeatsTheWiz
Happy now?

It's an easy walk (5 blocks) from the arena to the Mall. Probably takes less than 10 minutes.

As for pub style places near the arena, Fado's, RFD, and Rocket Bar are among the most popular. Rocket Bar doesn't serve food, though.

Old
01-28-2013, 09:09 AM
Hivemind
We're Touched

NBTW responding to Bunk Moreland's question is amazing.

Hivemind is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-28-2013, 01:41 PM
Bunk Moreland

vCash: 50
Quote:
It's an easy walk (5 blocks) from the arena to the Mall. Probably takes less than 10 minutes.

As for pub style places near the arena, Fado's, RFD, and Rocket Bar are among the most popular. Rocket Bar doesn't serve food, though.

Thanks and nice avatar

Bunk Moreland is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-29-2013, 12:26 PM
Foy

Also, all the museums on the mall are free to the public. Don't both with the Lincoln/Jefferson, especially if time is a factor. Walk by the White House and go to the National Archives or the Museum of Natural History or American History Museum or the National Gallery of Art or the Air and Space Museum.

Foy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-31-2013, 04:07 PM
Muckr

I am coming to the game this Sunday (12:30) I want to be there when the gates open (11:30).
I will be driving from Fairfax County.
What times should I leave and where are my best bets to park at that time.
How much $$$ we saying?
Thanks.

Muckr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-31-2013, 06:25 PM
usiel
HFBoards Sponsor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Doakes View Post
I am coming to the game this Sunday (12:30) I want to be there when the gates open (11:30).
I will be driving from Fairfax County.
What times should I leave and where are my best bets to park at that time.
How much $$$ we saying?
Thanks.
I like to park at this garage on 6th street. If you are coming in on Constitution and then make a left on 6th you'll cross Pennsylvania Ave. There be this small concrete media and two under ground garages right next to each other and you want to take a left in the first. Sort of a half U turn there unless your coming down 6th from Verizon.

usiel is offline   Reply With Quote