HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > Prospects
Prospects Discuss hockey prospects from all over the world and the NHL Draft.

Anthony Duclair Interview: "In His Own Words"

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old
12-24-2012, 01:10 PM
  #1
ShawnTHW
@ShawnTHW
 
ShawnTHW's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2005
Country: United States
Posts: 8,821
vCash: 500
Anthony Duclair Interview: "In His Own Words"

http://thehockeywriters.com/anthony-...his-own-words/

One of the most in-depth interviews I've done. He's a great kid with fantastic talent. Really wishing him the best the rest of the season. Hope you guys enjoy it and please share the article if you get the chance.

ShawnTHW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-24-2012, 01:26 PM
  #2
arsmaster
Registered User
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Posts: 15,017
vCash: 500
Nice interview Shawn.

Thanks.

arsmaster is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
12-24-2012, 02:17 PM
  #3
TheJuxtaposer
#healBurish
 
TheJuxtaposer's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Location: San Diego, CA
Country: United States
Posts: 23,694
vCash: 567
Good read. I like the kid.

TheJuxtaposer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-24-2012, 02:36 PM
  #4
Greeningfan14
Registered User
 
Greeningfan14's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Location: Ottawa
Country: Canada
Posts: 4,698
vCash: 500
Thanks for posting.

Greeningfan14 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-24-2012, 02:37 PM
  #5
Mathletic
Registered User
 
Mathletic's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2002
Location: St-Augustin, Québec
Country: Canada
Posts: 11,351
vCash: 500
good stuff, agreed on the Evander Kane comparison

Mathletic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-24-2012, 03:06 PM
  #6
InjuredChoker
Registered User
 
InjuredChoker's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Location: LTIR or golf course
Posts: 14,429
vCash: 500
Evander Kane has great vision?

InjuredChoker is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
12-24-2012, 08:35 PM
  #7
ShawnTHW
@ShawnTHW
 
ShawnTHW's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2005
Country: United States
Posts: 8,821
vCash: 500
Glad you like it.

ShawnTHW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-25-2012, 12:37 AM
  #8
TheJuxtaposer
#healBurish
 
TheJuxtaposer's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Location: San Diego, CA
Country: United States
Posts: 23,694
vCash: 567
Quote:
Originally Posted by kemisti View Post
Evander Kane has great vision?
Yeah, I'm not sure about the E. Kane comparison... Not exactly what I see Duclair as, although I admit having only seen him once. Evander Kane is a big, physical, pure goal-scorer. Duclair is smaller, quicker, and more of a shooter-playmaker, IMHO.

TheJuxtaposer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-25-2012, 02:50 AM
  #9
Mathletic
Registered User
 
Mathletic's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2002
Location: St-Augustin, Québec
Country: Canada
Posts: 11,351
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheJuxtaposer View Post
Yeah, I'm not sure about the E. Kane comparison... Not exactly what I see Duclair as, although I admit having only seen him once. Evander Kane is a big, physical, pure goal-scorer. Duclair is smaller, quicker, and more of a shooter-playmaker, IMHO.
At the same age they're about the same size. Kane being a bit taller and Duclair being a bit bigger now compared to the 09 Kane.

CSS has Duclair at 5'11.25 180 and Kane was 6'1 176

Believe me, Duclair can get physical I've seen him make some pretty nice drive to the net and run a few players over. He's no agitator or anything but he can play the physical game quite well. That's one area where he could be more consistent I guess now that he's putting on the weight.

Duclair has a very good shot, very good gands, his vision is good for a kid his age but I don't think that will be his bread and butter. Duclair loves to carry the puck. He's a great skater, he plays very fast, he'd probably do better if he passed a bit more. At some point I gave poor man's Taylor Hall as an example but the Kane comparison is better to describe his game.

Mathletic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-25-2012, 01:00 PM
  #10
SergeConstantin74
Always right.
 
SergeConstantin74's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: Montreal
Country: Canada
Posts: 6,431
vCash: 500
I've always mentionned E. Kane as a comparison for Duclair. Glad he agrees with me.

Duclair gained 23 lbs between Sept 2011 and Sept 2012. I think that he could easily go up to 210 lbs.

SergeConstantin74 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-25-2012, 04:42 PM
  #11
HabLover
Registered User
 
Join Date: Mar 2002
Location: Sandspit
Country: Canada
Posts: 2,463
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mathletic View Post
At the same age they're about the same size. Kane being a bit taller and Duclair being a bit bigger now compared to the 09 Kane.

CSS has Duclair at 5'11.25 180 and Kane was 6'1 176

Believe me, Duclair can get physical I've seen him make some pretty nice drive to the net and run a few players over. He's no agitator or anything but he can play the physical game quite well. That's one area where he could be more consistent I guess now that he's putting on the weight.

Duclair has a very good shot, very good gands, his vision is good for a kid his age but I don't think that will be his bread and butter. Duclair loves to carry the puck. He's a great skater, he plays very fast, he'd probably do better if he passed a bit more. At some point I gave poor man's Taylor Hall as an example but the Kane comparison is better to describe his game.

Where do we have Duclair ranked these days? I know he was injured, putting that aside, and pro rating his stats, he would be near the top of the league for pts.

HabLover is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-25-2012, 05:13 PM
  #12
Mathletic
Registered User
 
Mathletic's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2002
Location: St-Augustin, Québec
Country: Canada
Posts: 11,351
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by HabLover View Post
Where do we have Duclair ranked these days? I know he was injured, putting that aside, and pro rating his stats, he would be near the top of the league for pts.
I have him at 11

http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/sh....php?t=1310687

I don't think anyone else has him that high.

Mathletic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-26-2012, 08:05 PM
  #13
SergeConstantin74
Always right.
 
SergeConstantin74's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: Montreal
Country: Canada
Posts: 6,431
vCash: 500
In most rankings he's end of 1st round, beginning-middle of 2nd round.

SergeConstantin74 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-26-2012, 10:36 PM
  #14
Daneurism
Registered User
 
Join Date: Nov 2010
Posts: 432
vCash: 500
Going against scouts is a stupid thing in most cases but I do think the consensus mock ranking of Duclair is wrong. I don't think he around after the 15th pick.

Daneurism is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Forum Jump


Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 02:32 PM.

monitoring_string = "e4251c93e2ba248d29da988d93bf5144"
Contact Us - HFBoards - Archive - Privacy Statement - Terms of Use - Advertise - Top - AdChoices

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. ©2014 All Rights Reserved.