HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > The Business of Hockey
The Business of Hockey Discuss the financial and business aspects of the NHL. Topics may include the CBA, work stoppages, broadcast contracts, franchise sales, and NHL revenues.

What would a league without a union look like?

Old
12-26-2012, 04:05 PM
atomic

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stix and Stones View Post
What about the top 12?
Nope you get 4. mod...

Last edited by Killion: 12-26-2012 at 06:22 PM. Reason: nope...
atomic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-26-2012, 07:16 PM
JAX

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dado View Post
I would love to see a 20 team league.

Add in 20 team B and C leagues, with promo/relegation, and it would be just about perfect.

Fan support and management competency should be the primary drivers in franchise viability, not a bean counter's sense of how the dots "should" be distributed across a map.
I think what you really mean is there is only 20 teams that can keep up with the players salaries....and before long it will be 12 teams and maybe 8 when it's all said and done. Players salaries need to be controlled.....

JAX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-26-2012, 07:24 PM
TaketheCannoli
RIP

Quote:
Originally Posted by JAX View Post
I think what you really mean is there is only 20 teams that can keep up with the players salaries....and before long it will be 12 teams and maybe 8 when it's all said and done. Players salaries need to be controlled.....
What most people mean who say things like that is they want to increase their team's chances of making the playoffs and winning a Cup.

TaketheCannoli is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-26-2012, 09:46 PM
Ragamuffin Gunner
Lost in The Flood

Quote:
Originally Posted by TaketheCannoli View Post
What most people mean who say things like that is they want to increase their team's chances of making the playoffs and winning a Cup.
Pretty much.

I bet 95% of them wouldn't support contraction if their favorite team was the first team to go.

Ragamuffin Gunner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-26-2012, 11:58 PM
xkirax

Quote:
Originally Posted by JAX View Post
Nope players salaries should be where the market says they should be if a team wants to pay a player x million and they want to take it why should we tell grown ups what they can or cant do within the law? Im sure next time your boss talks to you about your raise you will reject it because you wont work any better with or without the raise so it makes no sense to give you one right?

xkirax is offline   Reply With Quote