HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > Prospects
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Prospects Discuss hockey prospects from all over the world and the NHL Draft.

Who are your top 15 prospects?

Old
12-27-2012, 01:23 AM
wingz rule

vCash: 500
1.Kuznetsov
2.Grigorenko
3.Galchenyuk
4.Schiefele
5.Baertschi
6.Armia
7.Forsberg
8.Merrill
9.Tarasenko
10.Nyquist
11.Silfverberg
12.Morrow
13.Girgensons
14.Ouellet
15. Schultz

wingz rule is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-27-2012, 01:43 AM
Nikita Filatov

Wow the Zibanejad love is extraordinary. Silfverberg, Lehner, and Stone have a much better chance of making impacts, but that's because all three of them are probably top 20 on their own.

1. Tarasenko
2. Kuznetsov
3. Yakupov
4. Schultz
5. Granlund
6. Bärtschi
7. Murray
8. Hamilton
9. Galchenyuk
10. Reinhart
11. Huberdeau
12. Silfverberg
13. Grigorenko
14. Reilly
15. Nyquist
HM: Atkinson, Lehner, Strome, Markstrom, Brodin, Stone

Nikita Filatov is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-27-2012, 01:59 AM
Capathetic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Darcy Regier View Post
Grigorenko, he is a 6'-3" center with elite vision, a very quick release and heavy shot. He has a very good stick and is an above average to good skater. He has all the tools to translate into a 1st line center in the league and with his skill set I believe he has as good of chance as anyone on my list to become that, I also factored in the opportunity he will be given with Buffalo.
Iii
I think that Strome and Granlund are both very good hockey players who may become better players than Grigorenko, but since alot of prospects wont reach there potential I went with players who I thought had the best potential.

I had both Tarasenko and Kuznetsov ahead of Grigorenko before I made my final list but decide to tinker alittle with the uncertainty of Kuznetsov coming over to play in North America and Granlund being an average skater who is on the smaller size.

Huberdeau, I really dont know what to think of him.

If there is a guy I might have alittle low I think its Galchenyuk, like Grigorenko he has an unbelievable opportunity and will be given the #1 center role in only a few years.
Seeing both Grigs and Kuznetsov both wear #25 at the juniors in the last two years. Im not sure were watching the same player.

Factor in opertunity...sure. But who says kuznetsov wont get his chance at a #1 spot? Trades...injury ect.

Were talking about last years tourney mvp.

Capathetic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-27-2012, 02:01 AM
Claypool
Montreal is garbage.

A lot of these lists exclude Petr Mrazek. I think he's the best goalie prospect right now.

Claypool is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-27-2012, 03:54 AM
ReginKarlssonLehner
Classless, no rispek

Quote:
Originally Posted by Faidh ar Rud Eigin View Post
This would be my top 10 goalies prospect list.

1. Andrei Vasilevski TB (2012 19)
2. Jacob Markstrom FLO (2008 31)
3. Jack Campbell DAL (2010 11)
4. Mark Visentin PHO (2010 28)
5. Malcolm Subban BOS (2012 24)
6. John Gibson ANA (2011 39)
7. Jordan Binnington STL (2011 88)
8. Robin Lehner OTT (2009 46)
9. Sami Aittokallio COL (2010 107)
10. Oscar Dansk CBJ (2012 31)
Wow... Robin Lehner is WAY too low it isn't funny. Him and Markstrom are 1 and 2 respectively... not close.

ReginKarlssonLehner is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
12-27-2012, 07:39 AM
InjuredChoker

vCash: 494
Quote:
Originally Posted by Faidh ar Rud Eigin View Post

This would be my top 10 goalies prospect list.

1. Andrei Vasilevski TB (2012 19)
2. Jacob Markstrom FLO (2008 31)
3. Jack Campbell DAL (2010 11)
4. Mark Visentin PHO (2010 28)
5. Malcolm Subban BOS (2012 24)
6. John Gibson ANA (2011 39)
7. Jordan Binnington STL (2011 88)
8. Robin Lehner OTT (2009 46)
9. Sami Aittokallio COL (2010 107)
10. Oscar Dansk CBJ (2012 31)
Personally, wouldn't put Vasilevski so high. And add Holtby and Hackett if they count, remove Dansk and Aittokallio. If they won't, would put Gustafsson there and possibly Janus.

InjuredChoker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-27-2012, 08:26 AM
KapG

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oilin Toronto View Post
Perhaps he does, but I didn't include him because:
1) He will be 24 years old this year, and already in his 3rd year in AHL. At this point, he cannot be considered in the same situation as guys like Brodin or Granlund. Ask yourself, would you trade him straight up if you were offered any of the prospects in my top 15. I think your answer would be a resounding "YES".
2) He is listed as at 5' 8" and a 173 pounds. In reality, he's actually he's a lot shorter and smaller than that. Of course, you're going to argue that Granlund is small as well. The difference is that Atkinson is more than 3 years older, and has fully developed his frame. He's just not very big.
Third year in the AHL, but he has only played 82 games there up until now....lets not act like he is in his 3rd full season. In the first one he was a late season addition for 5 games......

KapG is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
12-27-2012, 09:52 AM
Petro Points

Quote:
Originally Posted by wingz rule View Post
1.Kuznetsov
2.Grigorenko
3.Galchenyuk
4.Schiefele
5.Baertschi
6.Armia
7.Forsberg
8.Merrill
9.Tarasenko
10.Nyquist
11.Silfverberg
12.Morrow
13.Girgensons
14.Ouellet
15. Schultz
so Grigorenko is #2 but Yakupov could not crack your top 15 ...
o well each to its own.

Petro Points is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-27-2012, 10:02 AM
Petro Points

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jarome Iginla View Post
This is some high praise
you'll get those from Oil fans since he was a beast again the Oil Kings last year and was great against the Barons this year. Based on only those vieweing of him i am sure many EDM fans would consider him a top 5 prospect. Overall he would be lower since his stats arent that great in AHL.

Petro Points is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-27-2012, 10:20 AM
wingz rule

Quote:
Originally Posted by Petro Points View Post
so Grigorenko is #2 but Yakupov could not crack your top 15 ...
o well each to its own.
Ya I did my ranking based on what I saw from their play, Grigs has really impressed me, and there's something about Yakupov that seems off with me.

Old
12-27-2012, 10:24 AM
Bob Barker

1. Yakupov
2. Tarasenko
3. Galchenyuk
4. Granlund
5. Huberdeau
6. Hamilton
7. Bartschi
8. Murray
9. Kuznetsov
10. Schultz
11. Schwartz
12. Strome
13. Zibanejad
14. Scheifele
15. Kreider

Bob Barker is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
12-27-2012, 10:32 AM
Loffer

Kuznetsov
Armia
Yakupov
Galchenyuk
Murray
Tarasenko
Grigorenko
Huberdeau
Hamilton
Schultz
Granlund
Teravainen
Baertschi
Brodin
Strome

Last edited by Loffer: 12-27-2012 at 10:39 AM.
Loffer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-27-2012, 10:53 AM
Jabba11
Hockey Lobby

I don't feel like Kuznetsov will be a good NHLer. Keeps the puck way too much and he's pretty much a Semin..you don't win with guys that plays only for themselves.

1. Alex Galchenyuk
2. Vladimir Tarasenko
3. Mikael Granlund
4. Jonathan Huberdeau
5. Mikhail Grigorenko
6. Dougie Hamilton
7. Nail Yakupov
8. Justin Schultz
9. Sven Baertschi
10. Filip Forsberg
11. Joel Armia
12. Morgan Rielly
13. Brandon Gormley
14. Mark Scheifele
15. Jonas Brodin

HM: Jonas Brodin, Andrei Vasilevski, Evgeny Kuznetsov

I feel comfortable with all the players ahead of Yakupov. Too small, too wreckless, too selfish. Not a good leader.

Jabba11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-27-2012, 11:08 AM
tsujimoto74

Glad to see Armia getting some love!
My list, based off a combination of upside and what I think their likelihood of reaching it is:
1. Tarasenko
2. Yakupov
3. Galchenyuk
4. Kuznetsov
5. Grigorenko
6. Hamilton
7. Huberdeau
8. Schultz
9. Murray
10. Granlund
11. Rielly
12. Baertschi
13. Schiefele
14. Strome
15. Gormley

tsujimoto74 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-27-2012, 12:08 PM
LeHabsMan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Darcy Regier View Post
Grigorenko, he is a 6'-3" center with elite vision, a very quick release and heavy shot. He has a very good stick and is an above average to good skater. He has all the tools to translate into a 1st line center in the league and with his skill set I believe he has as good of chance as anyone on my list to become that, I also factored in the opportunity he will be given with Buffalo.

I think that Strome and Granlund are both very good hockey players who may become better players than Grigorenko, but since alot of prospects wont reach there potential I went with players who I thought had the best potential.

I had both Tarasenko and Kuznetsov ahead of Grigorenko before I made my final list but decide to tinker alittle with the uncertainty of Kuznetsov coming over to play in North America and Granlund being an average skater who is on the smaller size.

Huberdeau, I really dont know what to think of him.

If there is a guy I might have alittle low I think its Galchenyuk, like Grigorenko he has an unbelievable opportunity and will be given the #1 center role in only a few years.
Fair enough. I see Grigorenko as a guy that has all the tools but i just dont see him reaching his potential. Andrei Kostitsyn is a guy that Grigo reminds me of. Drafted 10th overall, big guy, very skilled. Had all the tools to succeed but took shifts off.

I guess time will tell.

LeHabsMan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-27-2012, 12:22 PM
Jabba11
Hockey Lobby

Quote:
Originally Posted by tsujimoto74 View Post
Glad to see Armia getting some love!
My list, based off a combination of upside and what I think their likelihood of reaching it is:
1. Tarasenko
2. Yakupov
3. Galchenyuk
4. Kuznetsov
5. Grigorenko
6. Hamilton
7. Huberdeau
8. Schultz
9. Murray
10. Granlund
11. Rielly
12. Baertschi
13. Schiefele
14. Strome
15. Gormley
So the Russians are the one with the most upside

Jabba11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-27-2012, 12:24 PM
tsujimoto74

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jabba11 View Post
So the Russians are the one with the most upside
Hey, I have one American in my top 5.

tsujimoto74 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-27-2012, 12:40 PM
ManByng
Moroz fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by wingz rule View Post
1.Kuznetsov
2.Grigorenko
3.Galchenyuk
4.Schiefele
5.Baertschi
6.Armia
7.Forsberg
8.Merrill
9.Tarasenko
10.Nyquist
11.Silfverberg
12.Morrow
13.Girgensons
14.Ouellet
15. Schultz
^absolutely laughable! no Yakupov despite scoring well in a pro league like the KHL and Schultz at 15? despite leading a pro league like the AHL in scoring and getting 16 goals in 28 games as a rookie? i sure get the feeling that some underestimate Schultz. hoping this was a joke?

ManByng is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-27-2012, 12:43 PM
MikeModano9

lol@ the guy who said Yakupov was too small and a bad leader. Russian Capt who plays the body more then most the players in the top 5 on these lists. Also I really want to see Tarasenko play in the NHL. Guys a beast.

MikeModano9 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
12-27-2012, 01:00 PM
Faidh ar Rud Eigin
Modhnóirí Claonta

Quote:
Originally Posted by kemisti View Post
Personally, wouldn't put Vasilevski so high. And add Holtby and Hackett if they count, remove Dansk and Aittokallio. If they won't, would put Gustafsson there and possibly Janus.
I'd probably count Hackett, just forget him. I don't consider Holtby a prospect anymore because of how many games he played in the playoffs (Regardless if the NHL considers him one).

Vasileviski I have that high because I don't think we've seen a goalie with that combination of skill and athleticism in a long time. Goalies are a crapshoot but if I had to bet on one goalie up there being a top three or top five goalie, it would be Vasilevski. I might consider Gustafsson (Wild prospect right?) and Janus but I don't think there's a significant difference between them and the guys at the bottom I had.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ReginKarlssonLehner View Post
Wow... Robin Lehner is WAY too low it isn't funny. Him and Markstrom are 1 and 2 respectively... not close.
Huh I wonder why you said this.

I don't think his upside being even close to the top 3 I had, and clearly I had him below the other guys.

Faidh ar Rud Eigin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-27-2012, 01:01 PM
wingz rule

Quote:
Originally Posted by ManByng View Post
^absolutely laughable! no Yakupov despite scoring well in a pro league like the KHL and Schultz at 15? despite leading a pro league like the AHL in scoring and getting 16 goals in 28 games as a rookie? i sure get the feeling that some underestimate Schultz. hoping this was a joke?
The op asked for my top 15 these are it. These lists are OPINION based in case you didn't understand from the op. I explained why I didn't have Yakupov, and I think Schultz is scoring a lot because its tough to cover edmontons big 4, and since he's the least established he's not focused on as much.

Old
12-27-2012, 01:13 PM
That

My list:

1. Nail Yakupov - His combination of explosiveness and goal scoring instinct make him an easy choice for #1. I think he has the most upside out of anyone here, and has a legitimate chance of being a 50 goal scorer.
2. Vladimir Tarasenko - Two-way play, hockey sense, and skill put him here. He has an extremely impressive track record in both representing his country and in the KHL. He's a fantastic playmaker and a great goal scorer too.
3. Mikael Granlund - Like Tarasenko, he has an incredible track record. Even though he's undersized, his off the charts hockey sense and skill level allow him to round out the top 3.
4. Jonathan Huberdeau - Skill. He's one of the most skilled players I've ever watched. I used to feel like he wasn't a "go-getter" so to speak, but every time I watch him I see his fiery mentality.
5. Justin Schultz - Following a impressive career at Wisconsin, he moved on to the AHL and is absolutely tearing it up. He's a dominant offensive defenceman and can single handedly win games.
6. Alex Galchenyuk - His hockey sense, skill, and aggressiveness make him a fantastic prospect. I feel he should be higher, but he falls victim to the number game. Everyone above him is more proven and has a better track record than him.
7. Evgeny Kuznetsov - I have him lower than most. I feel he's selfish and one-dimensional, but his skill level is off the charts. He might be the most skilled player on my list. He's the definition of a boom-bust prospect.
8. Ryan Murray - A very safe prospect, but don't underestimate his upside. He's a fantastic skater and possesses off the charts hockey sense. His attention to detail is truly incredible.
9. Sven Bärtschi - Extremely fun to watch. He's dynamic and is a threat to score at any time. Despite being undersized, he's almost impossible to knock off the puck. He could be a superstar.
10. Morgan Rielly - Similar to Galchenyuk, I feel he could be higher due to his raw skill, but falls behind due to track record. He's explosive and dynamic, definitely an offensive dynamo.
11. Dougie Hamilton - Probably comes as a surprise to have him this low. I question his hockey sense, but his size, skating, and skill make him hard to leave off this list. He's a very talented player, but he has a long way to go.
12. Mikhail Grigorenko - The combination of size and skill is extremely rare. He's an incredible playmaker and has a rocket of a shot. I find he's a bit tentative at times. However, that, along with his defensive game have come a long way since last year.
13. Ryan Strome - He's worked a lot on rounding out his game and his offensive production has actually increased. I'm not sure if I see his game translating to the NHL, but the skill is unbelievable.
14. Mark Scheifele - Very impressive two-way game. If he doesn't live up to his offensive ability he'll still be in the NHL as a shutdown centre. He's a very smart player and is steadily improving his skill level and creativity with the puck.
15. Gustav Nyquist - Might a bit of a surprise. He's a very fun player to watch and is very creative. He has slick hands and has a fairly good two-way game. If he's given a top 6 role in Detroit, I think he'll thrive.

HM: Jonas Brodin and Brandon Gormley

That is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-27-2012, 01:44 PM
SirloinUB

I wonder how many people have actually watched all of the players they have on their lists... or even the guys that are "up there" but left off the list

Last edited by SirloinUB: 12-27-2012 at 01:49 PM.
SirloinUB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-27-2012, 02:24 PM
h22prelude93

Tarasenko
Hamilton
Yakupov
Granlund
Schultz
Galchenyuk
Kuznetsov
Gormley
Huberdeau
Grigorenko
Zibanejad
Silfverberg
Murray
Bärtschi
Rielly

h22prelude93 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-27-2012, 02:28 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by SirloinUB View Post
I wonder how many people have actually watched all of the players they have on their lists... or even the guys that are "up there" but left off the list
Considering most players have played in at least one world juniors and some have played 3 I would imagine most have seen all of them play, not to mention under 18s and junior teams.

I like most posters have seen all of my list a handful of times, the guy I have seen the least of is Tarasenko and even he has had national exposure through the world juniors.

1972 is online now   Reply With Quote