HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > Non-Sports > The Lounge
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
The Lounge "...Where the parking lot of the Igloo meets the concourse of the Nassau County Coliseum and the bathroom line of the Skyreach..." - Wickedbsfan

HF Boards' Healthy Body Transformation Thread - Part 4

Closed Thread

Old
12-24-2012, 08:16 PM
KISSland

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Dayvan Cowboy View Post
They both have their ups and downs. I would say finding one "harder" than the other could be boiled down to a person and their personality. While bulking it can honestly (at first) be really daunting to eat so much food, and you can eat yourself sick. On top of that, eating so frequently really puts some stress on your time and schedule, especially if it takes time to prepare your meals like mine do. That stress doesn't exist while dieting, dieting takes very little if any extra time. But...you have the whole not eating a whole lot of food, let alone tasty food.

Between A) losing weight / cutting fat and B) Gaining muscle / building physique losing weight is laughably easy compared to muscle building. I've spent time dedicated to strictly cardio and dieting in an effort to lose weight, likewise with bulking and building muscle or "bodybuilding". Holy ****, if bodybuilding was as easy as losing weight was I would be beyond Arnold status. That is why it really grinds my gears when people complain about losing weight and how it is so "hard". Believe me, I've been there. You made yourself put in this extra work just to get to normal. Being overweight isn't a good thing and isn't normal. I didn't look at it (and still don't) as extra work, I view it as punishment for discrepancies I've (you've) made.

And even though I enjoy lifting more, I firmly believe it is the more rigorous and strenuous activity between it and intense cardio.
Honestly I think it has a lot to do with how people deal with food. That's the biggest enemy. Some people can't seem to get over the fact that they have an emotional attachment to food and seem to fight that addiction. Its poison. I'm in a constant battle to try and keep to my habits as I've seen what happens when I crash and burn. With 15+ lbs away from my goal I'm more determined than ever. Especially when a compliment and notices come my way.

I do agree with bodybuilding is a vicious cycle that fakes a lot of time and effort. But I think thatroad is a lot smoother than the one people have to take before they beat their personal deamons is food. Again just mo.

Just did a killer shoulder, chest and rricep workout . Friend was impressed and noticed my gains. Hopefully by spring break I reach my ideal weight and then strength training from there.

Old
12-26-2012, 08:13 PM
No Fun Shogun
Global Moderator
34-38-61-10-13

vCash: 1
Just a few days from kickstarting my diet and exercise regime to try to lose a pound a week in 2013....

.... already feeling mildly antsy over the prospect of not drinking Coca-Cola again....

Old
12-27-2012, 06:39 AM
beowulf
Poster of the Year!

Send a message via MSN to beowulf
Pretty stoked, my brothers got me the 100 lb punching bag I wanted with all the hardware to hang it in my basement!!

Old
12-27-2012, 07:32 AM
blue425

Quote:
Originally Posted by No Fun Shogun View Post
Just a few days from kickstarting my diet and exercise regime to try to lose a pound a week in 2013....

.... already feeling mildly antsy over the prospect of not drinking Coca-Cola again....
I gave up drinking calories over ten years ago. It will serve you well.

Quote:
Originally Posted by beowulf View Post
Pretty stoked, my brothers got me the 100 lb punching bag I wanted with all the hardware to hang it in my basement!!
That is pretty awesome. I may try to get my hands on a tire/sledge hammer combo when the weather gets nicer.

It's my week off from work, so I am thinking of taking it easy this week: I'll workout today and Sunday, one set of everything instead of two. Max reps. Done.

That sounds good.

Old
12-27-2012, 07:34 AM
ColePens
Global Moderator
Your Savior

Send a message via AIM to ColePens
Limit folks

Closed Thread