HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Central Division > Winnipeg Jets
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Jets - Free Agents, Trades, Rumors, Speculation - Off Season 2012-13 (Part X)

Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools
Old
12-26-2012, 03:33 PM
  #176
JetsFan815
Registered User
 
JetsFan815's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Posts: 2,034
vCash: 500
I have an idea. Let's trade Kane for Scott Gomez. To be honest, Jets fan deserve the true bottom of the barrel if they are hung up on trivial stuff like Kane's tweets. Perhaps it's a resistance to what some might see as Winnipeg coming out of the annals of mediocrity by signing a franchise player like Kane long term. Whatever it is, I find certain Jets fans and articles such as the ridiculous one written by Gary Lawless in response to the Kane pic to be more embarrassing than anything Kane has done.

JetsFan815 is offline  
Old
12-26-2012, 04:17 PM
  #177
scelaton
Registered User
 
scelaton's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Country: Canada
Posts: 970
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Top 6 Spaling View Post
Nashville is in need of a #2D to replace Suter. With Bogo, Enstrom, and Buff, it seems like you guys might be able to lose one. We could offer up Colin Wilson+. Wilson is a Winnipeg boy that meshes perfectly age-wise with Kane, Little, Bogo, etc, and is ready for top 6 minutes now with top line potential. He and Trotz seem to hate each other (we have no idea why), so his expendability is from that and not a lack of talent. He has been our best forward some nights, just needs consistency and a new coach IMO.

My first choice would be Enstrom, followed by Bogo, then Buff. Like I said, we could certainly add to Wilson. Also would be interested in Wilson+ for Kane if he is really moving.
There is probably no one on the Nashville roster who the Jets would take in trade for Kane, so that's off the table. (even tho we love to whine about his off-ice antics...)

As for defencemen, I think most of us agree that Bogo is untouchable.
Enstrom is easily a top-20 NHL defenceman, so he'd be worth Wilson and a #1 draft pick IMO
Buff, as we all know is 1 of a kind and has his detractors, but is a game-breaker. I'd propose Buff and a second round pick for Wilson and a first round pick in '13.

I have no idea who I will piss off more with this counter-proposal--Jets fans or Nashville fans. If it's split equally, maybe it's not such a bad idea. Speak to your people!

scelaton is offline  
Old
12-26-2012, 04:32 PM
  #178
Daddy Longlegs
Registered User
 
Join Date: Aug 2012
Posts: 257
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by YWGinYYZ View Post
I hope you're watching the Spengler Cup game that's on right now.
I didn't/am not. I'm still dealing with family Christmas visiting. Why? Did Duchene do something special? Or horrible?

Daddy Longlegs is offline  
Old
12-26-2012, 05:16 PM
  #179
surixon
Registered User
 
surixon's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2003
Location: Winnipeg
Country: Canada
Posts: 4,242
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Daddy Longlegs View Post
I didn't/am not. I'm still dealing with family Christmas visiting. Why? Did Duchene do something special? Or horrible?
Didn't score any points but had a solid all around game. I also like Duchene but we don't really have anything on the roster or in the system to trade for him unless Colorado wouldn't mind taking Buff for him (Don't see it happening though).

surixon is offline  
Old
12-26-2012, 07:06 PM
  #180
Conflicted Habs fan
Registered User
 
Conflicted Habs fan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Location: Montreal
Country: Martinique
Posts: 539
vCash: 50
Kane has the potential to be a 40+ scorer if he can master that mad head long rush to the net. Unfortunately he won't be able to do that in Winnipeg, which is a pity because this is what the late Ferguson was looking for his whole life. The Jets will have to trade Kane for someone with great defensive abilities

Conflicted Habs fan is offline  
Old
12-26-2012, 07:43 PM
  #181
Huffer
Registered User
 
Huffer's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Posts: 9,293
vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by Conflicted Habs fan View Post
Kane has the potential to be a 40+ scorer if he can master that mad head long rush to the net. Unfortunately he won't be able to do that in Winnipeg, which is a pity because this is what the late Ferguson was looking for his whole life. The Jets will have to trade Kane for someone with great defensive abilities
Is this supposed to be serious or did you forget the sarcasm smily?

Huffer is offline  
Old
12-26-2012, 09:06 PM
  #182
Daddy Longlegs
Registered User
 
Join Date: Aug 2012
Posts: 257
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by surixon View Post
Didn't score any points but had a solid all around game. I also like Duchene but we don't really have anything on the roster or in the system to trade for him unless Colorado wouldn't mind taking Buff for him (Don't see it happening though).
We always have something to trade. Buff plus Scheifele could very well do it. And that's a trade I'd make in a heartbeat.

Daddy Longlegs is offline  
Old
12-26-2012, 09:28 PM
  #183
Top 6 Spaling
Registered User
 
Top 6 Spaling's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Location: Smashville
Country: United States
Posts: 10,246
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by scelaton View Post
There is probably no one on the Nashville roster who the Jets would take in trade for Kane, so that's off the table. (even tho we love to whine about his off-ice antics...)

As for defencemen, I think most of us agree that Bogo is untouchable.
Enstrom is easily a top-20 NHL defenceman, so he'd be worth Wilson and a #1 draft pick IMO
Buff, as we all know is 1 of a kind and has his detractors, but is a game-breaker. I'd propose Buff and a second round pick for Wilson and a first round pick in '13.

I have no idea who I will piss off more with this counter-proposal--Jets fans or Nashville fans. If it's split equally, maybe it's not such a bad idea. Speak to your people!
Now that Enstrom is re-signed, I would strongly consider Wilson+1st for him. I hate to lose (another) 1st, but that might be the way it goes.

Buff....The issue with him is that we need a Suter replacement, who was more in the mold of Enstrom. If Weber had left and Suter stayed, I'd want Buff over Enstrom, but a Weber-Buff pairing would be a disaster.

Top 6 Spaling is offline  
Old
12-26-2012, 09:45 PM
  #184
Daddy Longlegs
Registered User
 
Join Date: Aug 2012
Posts: 257
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Top 6 Spaling View Post
Now that Enstrom is re-signed, I would strongly consider Wilson+1st for him. I hate to lose (another) 1st, but that might be the way it goes.

Buff....The issue with him is that we need a Suter replacement, who was more in the mold of Enstrom. If Weber had left and Suter stayed, I'd want Buff over Enstrom, but a Weber-Buff pairing would be a disaster.
Personally not interested in moving Enstrom. And DEFINITELY not for Colin Wilson. Even with the 1st rounder.

No thanks. Nobody on Nashville I'm overly interested in right now.

Daddy Longlegs is offline  
Old
12-26-2012, 09:46 PM
  #185
allan5oh
#Dive4Five #31Buyout
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Posts: 6,345
vCash: 50
I think we will see a less selfish Kane this year, as it is no longer a contract year. His game will improve more than most people think.

allan5oh is offline  
Old
12-26-2012, 09:55 PM
  #186
Bob E
Registered User
 
Bob E's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Location: Winnerpeg
Posts: 3,269
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Top 6 Spaling View Post
Now that Enstrom is re-signed, I would strongly consider Wilson+1st for him. I hate to lose (another) 1st, but that might be the way it goes.

Buff....The issue with him is that we need a Suter replacement, who was more in the mold of Enstrom. If Weber had left and Suter stayed, I'd want Buff over Enstrom, but a Weber-Buff pairing would be a disaster.
Only guy that interests me a bit at forward is Patric Hornqvist, but wouldn't consider Kane, Bogo or Enstrom in a trade to get him.

My trading pieces are Buff and Burmi, but i'm not sure i like Hornqvist enough to move either for him. Definitely not Wilson.

Bob E is online now  
Old
12-26-2012, 10:22 PM
  #187
Sweech
COYS!
 
Sweech's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Location: Hamilton, Ontario
Country: Canada
Posts: 7,754
vCash: 50
1st rounders, ESPECIALLY late ones, are sooooooo overrated. No way does putting a low 1st make a trade for Enstrom half even.

Freakin' Gaustad garnered a low first.

I like Wilson, but it would easily take more than Wilson plus a 1st for Enstrom.


Last edited by Sweech: 12-27-2012 at 01:34 AM.
Sweech is offline  
Old
12-26-2012, 11:52 PM
  #188
Grind
Stomacheache AllStar
 
Grind's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Location: Manitoba
Posts: 4,140
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sweech View Post
1st rounders, ESPECIALLY late ones, are sooooooo overrated. No way does putting a low 1st make a trade for Enstrom half even.

Freakin' Gaustad garnered a low first.
yeeep. Not all firsts are equal. After the top 5 the best you can hope for is pretty much a coin toss of them being more then a third liner.

VERY overrated.

Grind is offline  
Old
12-27-2012, 01:07 AM
  #189
Conflicted Habs fan
Registered User
 
Conflicted Habs fan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Location: Montreal
Country: Martinique
Posts: 539
vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by Huffer View Post
Is this supposed to be serious or did you forget the sarcasm smily?
Totally serious Mr Huffer, in fact I just heard from my barbers cousin's ex girlfriend's janitor who learned from his gym buddys that Kane will in fact be traded for that other Kane from Chicago

Conflicted Habs fan is offline  
Old
12-27-2012, 07:30 AM
  #190
scelaton
Registered User
 
scelaton's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Country: Canada
Posts: 970
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Top 6 Spaling View Post
Now that Enstrom is re-signed, I would strongly consider Wilson+1st for him. I hate to lose (another) 1st, but that might be the way it goes.

Buff....The issue with him is that we need a Suter replacement, who was more in the mold of Enstrom. If Weber had left and Suter stayed, I'd want Buff over Enstrom, but a Weber-Buff pairing would be a disaster.
Looks like I've got strong support from the Wpg side for this one.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bob E View Post
My trading pieces are Buff and Burmi, but i'm not sure i like Hornqvist enough to move either for him. Definitely not Wilson.
I have been a huge Enstrom supporter and strong proponent of trading Buff for youth and talent, but Spaling has it right about Nashville's needs. The question about Enstrom is, "Is he untouchable?" If not, then one can consider a trade for him, but only if the price is right, My price is youth, a forward on the verge of breakout and a first rounder (for reasons stated below). Maybe others think the price is different...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grind View Post
yeeep. Not all firsts are equal. After the top 5 the best you can hope for is pretty much a coin toss of them being more then a third liner.
Yeah, I know all about low first rounders. But here's my rationale. I'm looking 3 years ahead for this team, to when our talented youth matures. Buff and Enstrom will both be in their 30s by then. Wilson could be on the verge of breaking out and just be in his prime. Also, this upcoming draft is VERY deep and if you believe, as I do, that Nashville may take a turn for the worse with the loss of Suter, we could get a highish first rounder. Now count our '13 draft picks and imagine what we could do with them.
If you are willing to delay gratification with this team, it's something to consider, although I'd much rather use Buff as trade bait than Enstrom.

scelaton is offline  
Old
12-27-2012, 08:27 AM
  #191
truck
HFB Partner
 
truck's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 6,347
vCash: 495
Quote:
Originally Posted by scelaton View Post
Looks like I've got strong support from the Wpg side for this one.


I have been a huge Enstrom supporter and strong proponent of trading Buff for youth and talent, but Spaling has it right about Nashville's needs. The question about Enstrom is, "Is he untouchable?" If not, then one can consider a trade for him, but only if the price is right, My price is youth, a forward on the verge of breakout and a first rounder (for reasons stated below). Maybe others think the price is different...


Yeah, I know all about low first rounders. But here's my rationale. I'm looking 3 years ahead for this team, to when our talented youth matures. Buff and Enstrom will both be in their 30s by then. Wilson could be on the verge of breaking out and just be in his prime. Also, this upcoming draft is VERY deep and if you believe, as I do, that Nashville may take a turn for the worse with the loss of Suter, we could get a highish first rounder. Now count our '13 draft picks and imagine what we could do with them.
If you are willing to delay gratification with this team, it's something to consider, although I'd much rather use Buff as trade bait than Enstrom.
I think the Jets could do a lot better than Colin Wilson if they do decide to move Toby. You gotta get a first line talent and a prospect or two, not a 2nd line center that may never beat out Little and a gambling chip.

truck is offline  
Old
12-27-2012, 09:27 AM
  #192
AtlantaWhaler
Moderator
Thrash/Preds/Sabres
 
AtlantaWhaler's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Country: United States
Posts: 11,341
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bob E View Post
Only guy that interests me a bit at forward is Patric Hornqvist, but wouldn't consider Kane, Bogo or Enstrom in a trade to get him.

My trading pieces are Buff and Burmi, but i'm not sure i like Hornqvist enough to move either for him. Definitely not Wilson.
Hornqvist is the type of player Winnipeg has lacked for years. I used to get so frustrated with the Thrashers because they've had nobody who likes to crash the net. That's all Horny does and he sits on 20 to 30-goal seasons in doing so.

AtlantaWhaler is online now  
Old
12-27-2012, 09:40 AM
  #193
ps241
The Danish Dash!
 
ps241's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Posts: 10,923
vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by AtlantaWhaler View Post
Hornqvist is the type of player Winnipeg has lacked for years. I used to get so frustrated with the Thrashers because they've had nobody who likes to crash the net. That's all Horny does and he sits on 20 to 30-goal seasons in doing so.
Agreed I really like Hornqvist's style of play and although I doubt the Preds would look at moving an asset like him it is definatley something every team can use.

ps241 is online now  
Old
12-27-2012, 01:42 PM
  #194
JetsHomer
Registered User
 
JetsHomer's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Posts: 3,324
vCash: 50
Trade Enstrom then run with Hainsey on the top pair? No thanks.

JetsHomer is offline  
Old
12-27-2012, 02:57 PM
  #195
allan5oh
#Dive4Five #31Buyout
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Posts: 6,345
vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by AtlantaWhaler View Post
Hornqvist is the type of player Winnipeg has lacked for years. I used to get so frustrated with the Thrashers because they've had nobody who likes to crash the net. That's all Horny does and he sits on 20 to 30-goal seasons in doing so.
Ladd does that without the puck, and Kane does it only with the puck.

allan5oh is offline  
Old
12-27-2012, 03:59 PM
  #196
sully1410
Registered User
 
sully1410's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Location: Turner Valley, Alta.
Country: Canada
Posts: 7,126
vCash: 50
We can get better value for every single one of those players. Enstrom is now resigned, so his value has sky rocketed. Comparable trade have had a way better return then that.

sully1410 is offline  
Old
12-27-2012, 04:04 PM
  #197
scelaton
Registered User
 
scelaton's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Country: Canada
Posts: 970
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by truck View Post
I think the Jets could do a lot better than Colin Wilson if they do decide to move Toby. You gotta get a first line talent and a prospect or two, not a 2nd line center that may never beat out Little and a gambling chip.
I actually agree with you about Toby. It's Buff I'd prefer to move if the offer were right, but I decided to throw my two cents in just for the sake of discussion, because -let's face it-things are pretty slow in NHL-land. Also, I like the idea of an 'outsider' coming to our board and making inquiries in good faith. Gets us thinking....

scelaton is offline  
Old
12-27-2012, 07:10 PM
  #198
PaperRockChamp
Registered User
 
PaperRockChamp's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Location: Wpg
Country: Canada
Posts: 2,242
vCash: 50
Enstrom lives here full-time now. He won't be moving anytime soon (in my opinion).

PaperRockChamp is offline  
Old
12-28-2012, 08:02 AM
  #199
AtlantaWhaler
Moderator
Thrash/Preds/Sabres
 
AtlantaWhaler's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Country: United States
Posts: 11,341
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by allan5oh View Post
Ladd does that without the puck, and Kane does it only with the puck.
Ladd does it occasionally and Kane does it only if he can get by the three defenders in front of him (my biggest knock on Kane). I see both as more of a top-of-the-circle threat.

Horns just camps out in front and collects garbage goals. His setback, however, is his puck skills are certainly not that of Ladd or Kane.

AtlantaWhaler is online now  
Old
12-28-2012, 08:03 AM
  #200
AtlantaWhaler
Moderator
Thrash/Preds/Sabres
 
AtlantaWhaler's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Country: United States
Posts: 11,341
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by wpggrown View Post
Enstrom lives here full-time now. He won't be moving anytime soon (in my opinion).
Yeah....there is no way Toby gets moved after the new contract. Not for a number of years, anyway.

AtlantaWhaler is online now  
Closed Thread

Forum Jump


Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 10:31 PM.

monitoring_string = "e4251c93e2ba248d29da988d93bf5144"
Contact Us - HFBoards - Archive - Privacy Statement - Terms of Use - Advertise - Top - AdChoices

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. 2014 All Rights Reserved.