HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk
Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk Trade rumors, transactions, and free agent talk. Rumors must contain the word RUMOR in post title. Proposals must contain the word PROPOSAL in post title.

Veteran leaders who may be available

Old
12-24-2012, 08:58 AM
CREW99AW

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by RedWings19405 View Post
Could see Dan Cleary being shopped, he is a pretty big leader in the Detroit dressing room.
If he's shopped, I'd hope Snow's in there, kicking the tires. I expect the NYI roster to get younger between now and the start of the 2013-2014 season.
Vis, Streit, Nabokov and Reasoner are all ufas this summer.

CREW99AW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-24-2012, 09:22 AM
Leaf Rocket
Leaf Fan Till I Die

I wonder if arnott would be available from the blues. I'd want the leafs to get him.

12-27-2012, 02:55 AM
supert

Quote:
Originally Posted by CREW99AW View Post
I'm not sure how much Belanger has left in the tank at 34 and coming off a disappointing season. Isles have Reasoner in a similar situation.

I don't see the isles interested in making Horcoff their highest paid player.
Nabokov's played well for the NYI, so no need to replace him with the more expensive Khabibulin.
Khabibulin is a UFA after this season . The way the NHL and NHLPA is going there will be no season . Therefore Khabibulin is done . He played his last game in the NHL

supert is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-27-2012, 02:58 AM
supert

Quote:
Originally Posted by Leaf Rocket View Post
I wonder if arnott would be available from the blues. I'd want the leafs to get him.
Is Arnott not a UFA right now ? I did not think the Blues resigned him

supert is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-27-2012, 05:24 AM
Leaf Rocket
Leaf Fan Till I Die

Quote:
Originally Posted by supert View Post
Is Arnott not a UFA right now ? I did not think the Blues resigned him
Ah if that's the case I'd love it if we go for him

Leaf Rocket is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-27-2012, 09:44 AM
AZcoyotes
So... Now what?

NHL player Derek Morris is your guy.

AZcoyotes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-27-2012, 10:24 AM
Petro Points

vCash: 885
Quote:
I'm not sure how much Belanger has left in the tank at 34 and coming off a disappointing season. Isles have Reasoner in a similar situation.

I don't see the isles interested in making Horcoff their highest paid player.
Nabokov's played well for the NYI, so no need to replace him with the more expensive Khabibulin.
oh... i didnt mean Horc \ Belanger etc getting moved to NYI... just in general our of EDM to get us below the cap..
Your orignal post does not mention a trade to NYI specifically..

Petro Points is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-27-2012, 10:46 AM
ThatGuy22

Matt Cullen has a few years left as a veteran 2nd/3rd line guy and could likely be had.

ThatGuy22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-27-2012, 10:56 AM
rockinghockey

Quote:
Originally Posted by Petro Points View Post
a NYI fan posted this .. obviously EDM would not trade Yakupov for draft picks unless the 1st pick is very high.

as for the OP.. EDM would be looking to shed away Horcoff, Belanger, Khabibulin etc if the cap is reduced to 60M.
If the season is over and it is for next year Khabi would be gone Horc would have two years left with a 5.5mil cap hit and a 4mil and 3mil owing. Belanger would have one year left. Horc would be the obvious choice to get rid of.

rockinghockey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-27-2012, 04:15 PM
Marlowe Syn
R-O-C-K-F-O-R-D

vCash: 29943
Quote:
Originally Posted by ThatGuy22 View Post
Matt Cullen has a few years left as a veteran 2nd/3rd line guy and could likely be had.
Except that Cully has a NTC, is a Minnesota native on a team that made a LOT of noise during the scheduled off-season. So trading him will be highly unlikely. He can probably be had as a UFA when his contract expires. I doubt he'll be re-signed, as it sounds like the Wild are going to be looking to infuse our prospects into the roster when/if they commence playing hockey for real.

Marlowe Syn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-27-2012, 06:13 PM
DesertDawg

The only way the salary cap can be reduced is if they allow amnesty buy-outs like last time. Otherwise teams would not be trading for anyone and just dumping players in the 'A'. Regular buy-outs wouldn't be significant, considering that the team would have to take on a contract to replace him. Just can't see how the OP could work or that the PA would agree to such a thing.

Quote:
Originally Posted by PhXcoyotes View Post
NHL player Derek Morris is your guy.
Why? the Coyotes won't be shopping anybody.

DesertDawg is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
12-27-2012, 07:23 PM
CREW99AW

Quote:
Originally Posted by DesertDawg View Post
The only way the salary cap can be reduced is if they allow amnesty buy-outs like last time. Otherwise teams would not be trading for anyone and just dumping players in the 'A'. Regular buy-outs wouldn't be significant, considering that the team would have to take on a contract to replace him. Just can't see how the OP could work or that the PA would agree to such a thing.

Why? the Coyotes won't be shopping anybody.
Several articles have pointed out, that the league doesn't want amnesty buy-outs like last time. The league is proposing that teams spend up to $70m in 2012-2013, then get down to the proposed $60m cap over the summer, for the 2013-2014 season.

There are quite a few quality players scheduled to become ufas this summer. That will lower team payrolls. Ufas wanting to stay with their old teams, may have to sign deals that fit into the team budget if they want to stay where they are. Or we may see teams replacing high priced support players, with cheaper youngsters.

http://www.thehockeynews.com/article...a-new-CBA.html
Effects of a new CBA
according to Larry Brooks of The New York Post, the owners are strongly against amnesty buyouts as part of the transition toward a 50-50 split of hockey related-revenue between the owners and the players.

That's because the league sees such buyouts as money being paid outside the new cap system.

Old
12-27-2012, 07:32 PM
Esq.

I'd love for the Flyers to grab Brenden Morrow.

96 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-27-2012, 07:55 PM
ThatGuy22

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marlowe Syn View Post
Except that Cully has a NTC, is a Minnesota native on a team that made a LOT of noise during the scheduled off-season. So trading him will be highly unlikely. He can probably be had as a UFA when his contract expires. I doubt he'll be re-signed, as it sounds like the Wild are going to be looking to infuse our prospects into the roster when/if they commence playing hockey for real.
I believe its a limited NTC, so its not impossible to trade him. The original Star Tribune story says "Modified No Trade Clause". I'm not sure if it allows him to limit the teams, or was just for a couple years or what. But their are for sure teams that he could be traded to.

ThatGuy22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-27-2012, 08:59 PM
rikker

Quote:
Originally Posted by 96 View Post
i heard that he is a hurting unit... big ???'s

rikker is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
12-29-2012, 12:27 AM
HIPNOTIQ

matt cullen could prolly be had for a decent d prospect

HIPNOTIQ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-29-2012, 04:53 AM
CREW99AW

Quote:
Originally Posted by 96 View Post
The news of Bettman offering a one time amnesty buyout, was unwelcome news.

I'd hoped deeper pocketed teams would be in cap hell this summer, scrambling to get under the cap, allowing a team like my Isles to make more attractive offers.

I'd like Morrow's on ice leadership for the young Isles.

Old
12-29-2012, 08:32 AM
pld459666

vCash: 873

Quote:
Several articles have pointed out, that the league doesn't want amnesty buy-outs like last time. The league is proposing that teams spend up to $70m in 2012-2013, then get down to the proposed $60m cap over the summer, for the 2013-2014 season.

There are quite a few quality players scheduled to become ufas this summer. That will lower team payrolls. Ufas wanting to stay with their old teams, may have to sign deals that fit into the team budget if they want to stay where they are. Or we may see teams replacing high priced support players, with cheaper youngsters.

http://www.thehockeynews.com/article...a-new-CBA.html
Effects of a new CBA
according to Larry Brooks of The New York Post, the owners are strongly against amnesty buyouts as part of the transition toward a 50-50 split of hockey related-revenue between the owners and the players.

That's because the league sees such buyouts as money being paid outside the new cap system.

Does the most recent offer to the players change your approach here as teams are being offered compliance buyout to be at 60 million to start the 13-14 season.

pld459666 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-29-2012, 09:28 AM
CREW99AW

Quote:
Originally Posted by pld459666 View Post
Does the most recent offer to the players change your approach here as teams are being offered compliance buyout to be at 60 million to start the 13-14 season.
I'm guessing you are referring to our discussion about Gaborik and his $7.5m salary in the other thread?

The amnesty buyout option will help the Rangers, give them more potential trade partners. That's obvious.
The buyout will help any team up against the cap ceiling, it'll help the teams who've got deep enough pockets to buyout a big salary, a bad signing or bad trade.

The Gaborik trade value question, becomes what deep pocketed teams would buyout their own high priced player to fit in Gaborik's $7.5m salary and give up the big trade chips to land Gaborik?

Sabres? They could afford it. Is tying up $14.6m on two non-physical wingers wise, when they want to get bigger and grittier?

Pens? Yeah. I could see the Pens deciding they are close enough to winning it all, deciding to roll the dice on a 1 yr gamble.

Washington? Yes, they are a good possibilty because Riberios $5m salary will be off the books after July 2013.

Vancouver? They're aim will be re-signing Edler +finding a good deal for Loungo.
The Flyers buy out Bryz to fit in Gaborik's salary?

Calgary, with a weak ufa pool, giving up young trade chips and letting Ignila's $7m salary go to afford Gaborik?

Nashville? I don't see anyone being bought out in Nashville.

Chicago? Isn't goalie and 2nd line center a bigger need?
Toronto? They've got the deep pockets but #1 goalie and 1st line center are bigger priorities.

SJ? Weak prospect pool.

Last edited by CREW99AW: 12-29-2012 at 09:34 AM.
Old
12-29-2012, 12:49 PM
Marlowe Syn
R-O-C-K-F-O-R-D

vCash: 29943
Quote:
Originally Posted by ThatGuy22 View Post
I believe its a limited NTC, so its not impossible to trade him. The original Star Tribune story says "Modified No Trade Clause". I'm not sure if it allows him to limit the teams, or was just for a couple years or what. But their are for sure teams that he could be traded to.
Good thing I didn't say impossible to trade him. I wouldn't have a problem with the Wild moving Cullen. I guessing his NTC is based on a list of teams Cully approves of. I'd wager Carolina would be on his approved list. What say you Carolina? Wanna third go around with Matt? Need a 3rd line center? What would you offer?

Marlowe Syn is offline   Reply With Quote