HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Central Division > Chicago Blackhawks
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Anything Goes Thread: 5 for fighting

Closed Thread

Old
12-25-2012, 09:53 PM
RayP

vCash: 50
Just got back from hitting the bar and seeing Jack Reacher. I don't hate Tom Cruise like many others do, so take this FWIW, but that movie was pretty ****ing awesome.

Old
12-25-2012, 10:29 PM
Illinihockey

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by RayP View Post
Just got back from hitting the bar and seeing Jack Reacher. I don't hate Tom Cruise like many others do, so take this FWIW, but that movie was pretty ****ing awesome.
Looks like a good movie, but I'll probably never see it.

Old
12-25-2012, 10:50 PM
RayP

Quote:
Originally Posted by Illinihockey View Post
Looks like a good movie, but I'll probably never see it.
redbox it

Old
12-26-2012, 03:11 AM
MurrayBannerman
Moo Points

So, we were playing this game called "Game of Things" where people write down responses to answers and you have to guess who's who. The question was "Things you wouldn't put on your resume."

I put, "They call me the recycling bin because I crush box"

Old
12-26-2012, 09:31 AM
Kurtosis
RIP Clint

Quote:
After reading many of the books I have an extremely difficult task of identifying Cruise in that role. It's almost to the point that I have no desire to see it.

Old
12-26-2012, 12:06 PM
RayP

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kurtosis View Post
After reading many of the books I have an extremely difficult task of identifying Cruise in that role. It's almost to the point that I have no desire to see it.
Seems to be a very common complaint, but it doesn't bother me at all.

Old
12-26-2012, 12:44 PM
madgoat33

One of my good friend's parents were incensed when they heard cruise was casted for the part like 8 months ago.

Old
12-26-2012, 09:05 PM
No Fun Shogun
Global Moderator
34-38-61-10-13

vCash: 1
Just a few days until I start my diet.

Been thinking it over for a while now, and I'm setting myself the goal of losing a pound a week throughout 2013. If I hold true to that and drop 52 pounds by the end of the year, then I'll effectively be at my likely healthy weight of 170 (though I might have room to drop even more weight as I haven't been that light for over a freaking decade).

Already ruing giving up Coca-Cola and carb-heavy foods, though....

Old
12-26-2012, 09:10 PM
MurrayBannerman
Moo Points

Starting mine when I get back to school. Really indepth and thought out diet.

Old
12-26-2012, 09:16 PM
No Fun Shogun
Global Moderator
34-38-61-10-13

Heh, not really for me. Just walking and pretty much Atkins (low carb, high protein) as it's been working pretty well for my brother so far.

Old
12-26-2012, 09:45 PM
MurrayBannerman
Moo Points

Quote:
Originally Posted by No Fun Shogun View Post
Heh, not really for me. Just walking and pretty much Atkins (low carb, high protein) as it's been working pretty well for my brother so far.
Just make sure your carb intake is pretty much stable. If it's wacky, you'll end up cutting more good tissue than bad.

Old
12-26-2012, 11:28 PM
RayP

Quote:
Originally Posted by No Fun Shogun View Post
Don't get too caught up in the no carb thing. It's really not a good diet to go on. Some of the best foods you can put in your body are loaded in carbs. You need to focus more on avoiding processed foods, and white flour products. Look into getting more lean proteins in your diet and eating lots of fish. Also, try to see if you can get into tea, if you're not already. Stuff like pomegranate, grapefruit, blackberries, blueberries, raspberries, sweet potatoes, etc are loaded in carbs, but are some of the best foods you can eat for your health.

Most importantly, if you're serious about it, you need to look at it as a lifestyle change... and not a diet to just lose a few pounds. Otherwise you'll risk losing the weight and reaching your goal, and then just getting back into your same old eating habits.

Old
12-26-2012, 11:40 PM
IU Hawks fan
They call me IU

Just get down to 1500 calories a day and work out 4 days a week. The fat will melt off.

Old
12-26-2012, 11:43 PM
RayP

Quote:
Originally Posted by IU Hawks fan View Post
Just get down to 1500 calories a day and work out 4 days a week. The fat will melt off.
You have to be on a really really well informed diet to pull that off, to make sure you have enough carbs for energy, and protein to repair your muscles.

Old
12-26-2012, 11:50 PM
MurrayBannerman
Moo Points

You should be eating at your basal metabolism to avoid a catabolic hormone state.

Old
12-26-2012, 11:55 PM
BBH
34|38|61|10|13

Send a message via Skype™ to BBH
Quote:
You have to be on a really really well informed diet to pull that off, to make sure you have enough carbs for energy, and protein to repair your muscles.
May I also add, complex carbohydrates, starches, not sugar. Sugar provides a quick burst of energy because it's already broken down, starch holds more energy and keeps the cells active longer because it has to be broken down and tends to carry more energy.

Old
12-26-2012, 11:56 PM
IU Hawks fan
They call me IU

If you're sticking to cardio you don't need to worry about muscle rebuild.

Obviously 1500 is really really tough, but if you get yourself down to 2000 and ease your way down it's alot easier. It's all about portion control.

Old
12-27-2012, 12:02 AM
RayP

Quote:
If you're sticking to cardio you don't need to worry about muscle rebuild.

Obviously 1500 is really really tough, but if you get yourself down to 2000 and ease your way down it's alot easier. It's all about portion control.
Depending on the cardio being done, that's not necessarily true. If you're doing anything even moderately intense, you're going to need to worry about muscles rebuilding if you're doing anything beyond walking. You'll also need to factor in if or how many carbs you'll need for energy to perform said cardio exercises.

Old
12-27-2012, 12:05 AM
MurrayBannerman
Moo Points

This is an incredible article that I used to structure a lot of my cutting.

http://www.cutandjacked.com/The-Ulti...ide-To-Cutting

Old
12-27-2012, 02:04 AM
No Fun Shogun
Global Moderator
34-38-61-10-13

Oh, I'm well aware that I'm going to need a lifestyle change even if I successfully drop 50+ pounds next year. If I diet and exercise my way to 170 lbs and then just go back to my old habits, I'll wind up back above the 200s in my mid to late 30s, at which point it'll be even more difficult to lose weight.

Basically, I'm planning on the high protein, low carb diet (which fits well for my ease of cooking habits, as my stove's busted but I have a good outdoor grill) to lose the weight initially, ween back on more normal levels of carbs in my diet while continuing or upping my walking regimen, and once that's been accomplished focus on a wide variety of healthier foods and particularly lay off on the processed and junk foods in big ways to hopefully stabilize everything. I obviously have no intention on being on 20 grams of carbs a day for my entire life. Long term, stay in the 170s, give or take, be used to exercising daily or almost daily, and keep the snacks to a minimum while focusing on a greater variety of food and with more focus on the serving sizes and ingredients.

Additionally, I'm easing into my exercise regimen as, well.... let's face it. I've been pretty damn sedentary since high school. Start off with walking more and more, and obviously significantly more on the weekends, and once the fat hopefully starts going work my way into more and more cardiovascular and light muscular workouts as I ease off the diet and get more into the healthier, balanced, and sustainable eating habits. As of right now, I'm focusing more on dropping the weight first and then improving fitness and strength after that. Not expecting to go back into organized sports or be a bodybuilder, just want to stop being a lard ass that gets wheezed after running for a minutes.

Old
12-27-2012, 10:12 AM
IU Hawks fan
They call me IU

Lacing 'em up for the 1st time in a year on Friday! Need to get the skates sharpened and get a stick today.

Old
12-27-2012, 10:20 AM
RayP

No fun,

Can you jump rope in what I believe is your apartment? If you have the space to do stuff like that, jumping jacks, or even just stretching during commercials of shows... That will burn a tremendous amount of calories over time even if you just do 5 or so times a night during the commercials of whatever you're watching. Hell, even find a bench or something that you can maybe do some step ups on. I do these at the gym every leg day, and if you step up high enough, they are absolute killer all around and as long as you don't fall they won't be noisy for anyone below you (if there is anyone).

Also, most importantly... don't get caught up in the numbers game. It's good to have a goal weight to reach, but you're much better off if you would take a picture of yourself once a month, measure your waist line. This is so much better of a measurement tool than just looking at your weight as a number. Also get a fat caliper somewhere online for like $5.

Posted a helpful tool at the bottom you might want to take a glance at.

http://www.fatburn.com/free_tool_activity_burn.asp

Old
12-27-2012, 10:23 AM
RayP

Quote:
Lacing 'em up for the 1st time in a year on Friday! Need to get the skates sharpened and get a stick today.
Big time jealous. I'll never be able to skate well enough to join a league like that... but I found a floor ball league that meets less than 10 minutes from my house twice a week. I still haven't sacked up to actually join, but I definitely want to sometime soon. Can't even imagine how terrible I'd be out there... I haven't played any hockey outside the cul-de-sac since I was a kid.

Old
12-27-2012, 10:29 AM
digdug41982

I have a simple, easy, effective diet I have used twice to lose 80-90 pounds, takes about 5-6 months. I'm about to start again and this time I'm going to keep it off.

Here are your options for all of your meals:

Fish (anything white is fine, cooked plain with a little seasoning)

Turkey sandwich (whole wheat bread, veggies, can be regular turkey or from deli depending on the time you have, fat free italian salad dressing)

Grilled Chicken Breast

Snacks: Only Veggies

That's it. I would eat the same stuff breakfast, lunch and dinner. You get the variety from using different seasonings and making a sandwich or plate. It worked amazingly well as well as fast and I'll never go on any other diet.

You can have one alternative meal a week where you eat what you want, just don't go crazy and it must be only one.

***You also have to work out like a mad man too, but it goes without saying

Old
12-27-2012, 10:51 AM
IU Hawks fan
They call me IU

Quote:
Big time jealous. I'll never be able to skate well enough to join a league like that... but I found a floor ball league that meets less than 10 minutes from my house twice a week. I still haven't sacked up to actually join, but I definitely want to sometime soon. Can't even imagine how terrible I'd be out there... I haven't played any hockey outside the cul-de-sac since I was a kid.
That'd be a lot of fun. Once I move out to the city I wanna join a floor hockey league. There's this group that runs sports leagues all over that I played in one of their softball leagues this year that has one in Lincoln Park.

Unfortunately I don't get to get on the ice very often. Been playing in my high school's alumni game each year and that's been it. All the leagues around me are team entry, not draft, so it's impossible to find a game I can play in. Going to be jobless soon, though, so my brother and I are gonna try to find some afternoon rat hockey or at least get out on the pond a few times once it's cold enough.

Closed Thread