HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Central Division > Chicago Blackhawks
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Anything Goes Thread: 5 for fighting

Closed Thread

Old
12-27-2012, 09:53 AM
RayP

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by IU Hawks fan View Post
That'd be a lot of fun. Once I move out to the city I wanna join a floor hockey league. There's this group that runs sports leagues all over that I played in one of their softball leagues this year that has one in Lincoln Park.

Unfortunately I don't get to get on the ice very often. Been playing in my high school's alumni game each year and that's been it. All the leagues around me are team entry, not draft, so it's impossible to find a game I can play in. Going to be jobless soon, though, so my brother and I are gonna try to find some afternoon rat hockey or at least get out on the pond a few times once it's cold enough.
Yeah, although am intimidated to join this league. They actually keep stats for the players and post them online for the season, and career stats. It's some pretty serious looking ****, but it's open for anyone to join, beginners included. Just had to dish out the cash for some proper and required equipment.

Old
12-27-2012, 10:03 AM
RayP

First day back at work in about a week. Man this blows.

Old
12-27-2012, 04:10 PM
Hawkey39

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by MurrayBannerman View Post
This is an incredible article that I used to structure a lot of my cutting.

http://www.cutandjacked.com/The-Ulti...ide-To-Cutting
Completely misunderstood what you meant

Old
12-27-2012, 04:47 PM
Sarava

Quote:
Originally Posted by RayP View Post
First day back at work in about a week. Man this blows.
I took the 3 work days this week off. With the holidays, the 3 vacation days stretches my holiday in to 11 consecutive days of not working

Old
12-27-2012, 05:17 PM
DisgruntledHawkFan

Send a message via ICQ to DisgruntledHawkFan
Diet? Pfft. I'm not dying tomorrow knowing their was cake I could have had last night.

Old
12-27-2012, 06:09 PM
MurrayBannerman
Fishbulb

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hawkey39 View Post
Completely misunderstood what you meant

Old
12-27-2012, 06:12 PM
RayP

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sarava View Post
I took the 3 work days this week off. With the holidays, the 3 vacation days stretches my holiday in to 11 consecutive days of not working
Yeah, I got pretty lucky and had a full week off without actually having to burn a vacation day...

Old
12-27-2012, 07:40 PM
RayP

So the nature trail / running path I use several times a week found a decomposing body on the side of it. There really isn't any reason to go off the trail, so something weird happened... Not to mention the only stretches where you'll see a house or neighborhood, are gigantic mansions, and nowhere near the ghetto.

Not only that, but some ******* left their two dogs there for someone to "adopt." Worthless POS... Two great looking dogs, not old or anything, and appeared to be perfectly healthy.

Oh, and last week a ****ing black bear was spotted on the trail... and we live in an area that is basically a clone of like the Schaumburg/Woodfield area, and not like in the mountains or some **** like that.

Old
12-27-2012, 07:50 PM
MurrayBannerman
Fishbulb

Quote:
So the nature trail / running path I use several times a week found a decomposing body on the side of it. There really isn't any reason to go off the trail, so something weird happened... Not to mention the only stretches where you'll see a house or neighborhood, are gigantic mansions, and nowhere near the ghetto.

Not only that, but some ******* left their two dogs there for someone to "adopt." Worthless POS... Two great looking dogs, not old or anything, and appeared to be perfectly healthy.

Oh, and last week a ****ing black bear was spotted on the trail... and we live in an area that is basically a clone of like the Schaumburg/Woodfield area, and not like in the mountains or some **** like that.

8:05

Old
12-27-2012, 07:51 PM
MurrayBannerman
Fishbulb

[yt]EhydOBnlHW0[yt]

My bad

Old
12-27-2012, 07:52 PM
MurrayBannerman
Fishbulb

Old
12-27-2012, 07:52 PM
RayP

Old
12-27-2012, 07:55 PM
MurrayBannerman
Fishbulb

There! I did it! 8:05

Old
12-27-2012, 09:28 PM
UsernameWasTaken
Let's Go Blue Jays!

the cousins were very excited by the "cash in the christmas card" this year - thanks for the brill advice!

Old
12-27-2012, 09:30 PM
No Fun Shogun
Global Moderator
34-38-61-10-13

vCash: 1
Quote:
No fun,

Can you jump rope in what I believe is your apartment? If you have the space to do stuff like that, jumping jacks, or even just stretching during commercials of shows... That will burn a tremendous amount of calories over time even if you just do 5 or so times a night during the commercials of whatever you're watching. Hell, even find a bench or something that you can maybe do some step ups on. I do these at the gym every leg day, and if you step up high enough, they are absolute killer all around and as long as you don't fall they won't be noisy for anyone below you (if there is anyone).

Also, most importantly... don't get caught up in the numbers game. It's good to have a goal weight to reach, but you're much better off if you would take a picture of yourself once a month, measure your waist line. This is so much better of a measurement tool than just looking at your weight as a number. Also get a fat caliper somewhere online for like $5.

Posted a helpful tool at the bottom you might want to take a glance at.

http://www.fatburn.com/free_tool_activity_burn.asp
Yeah, have a two story townhouse, so I don't have to worry about noise.... only have to watch out for my idiot cats that'd almost assuredly get tangled up. Was already planning a pushup and situp schedule as well, but jump roping is a good idea, too.

And yeah, I definitely know not to get caught up in the numbers game. Weight fluctuates way too much, so I'm probably not even going to get a scale for the time being. I just happened to weigh myself over the long weekend back home and was at 222, which nice and squarely brings me to 170 if I lose a pound a week, so that's my goal. If I get even just half of that off though, I'll be stoked come 2014.

Quote:
Originally Posted by coldsteelonice84 View Post
I have a simple, easy, effective diet I have used twice to lose 80-90 pounds, takes about 5-6 months. I'm about to start again and this time I'm going to keep it off.

Here are your options for all of your meals:

Fish (anything white is fine, cooked plain with a little seasoning)

Turkey sandwich (whole wheat bread, veggies, can be regular turkey or from deli depending on the time you have, fat free italian salad dressing)

Grilled Chicken Breast

Snacks: Only Veggies

That's it. I would eat the same stuff breakfast, lunch and dinner. You get the variety from using different seasonings and making a sandwich or plate. It worked amazingly well as well as fast and I'll never go on any other diet.

You can have one alternative meal a week where you eat what you want, just don't go crazy and it must be only one.

***You also have to work out like a mad man too, but it goes without saying
I'll certainly keep that in mind, more likely as I transition from Atkins initially to more balanced dieting and exercising.

Old
12-27-2012, 09:31 PM
UsernameWasTaken
Let's Go Blue Jays!

Quote:

this sounds a lot like that criminal minds episode where the guy was killing people, gouging out their eyes, and using them in the "taxidermied" animals. you should shop by the crime scene and toss out that theory

Old
12-27-2012, 09:39 PM
UsernameWasTaken
Let's Go Blue Jays!

Quote:
Originally Posted by coldsteelonice84 View Post
I have a simple, easy, effective diet I have used twice to lose 80-90 pounds, takes about 5-6 months. I'm about to start again and this time I'm going to keep it off.

Here are your options for all of your meals:

Fish (anything white is fine, cooked plain with a little seasoning)

Turkey sandwich (whole wheat bread, veggies, can be regular turkey or from deli depending on the time you have, fat free italian salad dressing)

Grilled Chicken Breast

Snacks: Only Veggies

That's it. I would eat the same stuff breakfast, lunch and dinner. You get the variety from using different seasonings and making a sandwich or plate. It worked amazingly well as well as fast and I'll never go on any other diet.

You can have one alternative meal a week where you eat what you want, just don't go crazy and it must be only one.

***You also have to work out like a mad man too, but it goes without saying
this type of diet is good b/c it's actually sustainable - a big mistake people make when trying to lose weight is going on some sort of extreme diet, losing a bunch of weight, returning to their old habits, and regaining it all (x2) back. obviously, in the long run, you'd diversify more than coldsteel's list, but you can easily live/eat happily on a diet of those types of foods.

if you can get yourself to a nutritionist (or even a personal trainer) then start keeping a food diary for a month (or even two weeks) and hand it over - you'd be surprised on how things you eat frequently make you gain/keep on weight - when you really don't need those food items.

if you like water then drink a lot of it (and drink only water *as much as is practical*).

also...of course working out is good...but pay close attention to your eating after you work out. you can work out 2 hours a day and then negate your whole effort by eating more (or eating higher calorie food) afterwards b/c you feel famished.

Old
12-27-2012, 09:41 PM
IU Hawks fan
They call me 'IU'

vCash: 772
Pretty good plan, coldsteel. I'd sub the dressing for mustard, though. Cuz **** dressing, mustard rules. And cuz it's calorie free

Old
12-27-2012, 10:01 PM
MurrayBannerman
Fishbulb

Quote:
Pretty good plan, coldsteel. I'd sub the dressing for mustard, though. Cuz **** dressing, mustard rules. And cuz it's calorie free
I don't eat my salad with any dressing. Never have.

This helps when playing circle of death with people and drawing the never have I ever card. Ranch dressing and everyone goes down a peg.

Old
12-27-2012, 10:06 PM
UsernameWasTaken
Let's Go Blue Jays!

Quote:

This helps when playing circle of death with people and drawing the never have I ever card. Ranch dressing and everyone goes down a peg.
what is 'circle of death'?

Old
12-27-2012, 10:13 PM
MurrayBannerman
Fishbulb

Quote:
Originally Posted by UsernameWasTaken View Post
what is 'circle of death'?
A drinking game played with a deck of cards.

Old
12-27-2012, 10:32 PM
IU Hawks fan
They call me 'IU'

vCash: 772
Quote:
Too bad he was talking about a turkey sandwich

Old
12-27-2012, 10:37 PM
MurrayBannerman
Fishbulb

Quote:
Too bad he was talking about a turkey sandwich
Well, my statement still stands.

Old
12-27-2012, 11:29 PM
Hawkey39

Quote:
Haha lol.

Also my reunion today was so much fun. I love those guys.

Old
12-27-2012, 11:43 PM
UsernameWasTaken
Let's Go Blue Jays!

Quote:
A drinking game played with a deck of cards.
how does it go?

i'm asking b/c i figured it was a drinking game and i've done many variations of them - so am wondering if it's one i don't know - or one i'd call by another name

Closed Thread