HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > Other Leagues > Canadian Junior Hockey > OHL
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2

*OFFICIAL* Windsor Spitfires 2012-13 Season Thread (Part 6)

Closed Thread

Old
12-26-2012, 05:23 PM
Ottomatic

vCash: 500
Maletta and Bateman both played the "draft game" to pick their landing spot - so they're not likely to want to leave to head to a worse situation and they'll have no-trade clauses.

I think players who try and control their destinies are a problem for us. I get wanting to go to the best situation as all the kids who are deemed good enough to call their shots also think they're destined to play in the NHL, but I think it could also be a character flaw and highlights entitlement issues which would then tend to go hand in hand with work ethic issues. We have 6-7-8 guys who played this game.

Old
12-27-2012, 10:23 AM
Spitsfan67*

Wow tonight is going to be an assault, Out of the spits line up are Ho-Sang, Sieloff, Posa, E. Clarke, and M, Clarke is a 50/50. To me this dipleated roster equals a shalaking....I've said it before only thing keeping this from double digits is Pavelka...spits are going to have a hell of a time trying to just get 1 win this week...anybody think with the roster like this it could make a trade come faster?

Old
12-27-2012, 10:55 AM
sbrug

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spitsfan67 View Post
Wow tonight is going to be an assault, Out of the spits line up are Ho-Sang, Sieloff, Posa, E. Clarke, and M, Clarke is a 50/50. To me this dipleated roster equals a shalaking....I've said it before only thing keeping this from double digits is Pavelka...spits are going to have a hell of a time trying to just get 1 win this week...anybody think with the roster like this it could make a trade come faster?
I think it will probably be a lot closer than most people believe. Windsor can keep the game close if they protect the middle well. They managed to win 2 or 3 games against the Knights last season and are the last team to beat them in 2012 so nothing would be surprising to me. Plus Pavelka (one of the most underrated goalies in the O) could steal the show.

Old
12-27-2012, 11:05 AM
RayzorIsDull

Quote:
Comes down to work ethic the Sieloff and Ho-Sang losses are big. Emerson Clark has brought nothing to the team this year. Knights are missing Harrington and Maatta. Saginaw is missing Trocheck and Patterson and the Whalers are missing Noesen, Rackell and Hartman. You will learn a lot about certain players over the next few days.

Old
12-27-2012, 12:23 PM
hockeylegend11

Quote:
Originally Posted by RayzorIsDull View Post
Comes down to work ethic the Sieloff and Ho-Sang losses are big. Emerson Clark has brought nothing to the team this year. Knights are missing Harrington and Maatta. Saginaw is missing Trocheck and Patterson and the Whalers are missing Noesen, Rackell and Hartman. You will learn a lot about certain players over the next few days.
No doubt Spitfires are in tough missing more players then the Knights,in fact when the Spits knocked off the Knights 6-3 back on Nov 1 in Windsor,Londons last loss,Maata was a -4 and Harrington was even,while Posa was a +3 and Seiloff was a +2,Hosang had his best game as a Spit scoring 1 goal and 2 assists,as well as being a +2
Spits cant spend the nite in the box,keep it simple and clog up the neutral zone,remaining best players have to play like it
Rychel,Vail and Johnson had outstanding games against the Knights on that nov 1st game as well
Pavelka needs to be outstanding
Though not confirmed as I write this Spits will be missing 3 forwards and 2 D tonite,Hosang,Seiloff,and Clark for sure,Posa and M.Clarke unlikely
Wont use unavailable players as an excuse but will be a factor one way or another
Players need to step up,especially those who have under acheived

Old
12-27-2012, 02:02 PM
punch1943

Quote:
IMHO the Spits can keep it close if they play the trap well and if Pavelka plays his A game. If they don't get a great effort from everyone things could get ugly. Seems to me that in the last 10 games or so they've managed to stay out of the penalty box more often than not and it reflects in their GA. Whether they get beat by 2 or 10 shouldn't make much difference as WR should have his mind set by now on the direction the team will go. Unless they get an offer they can't refuse I'd expect them to play the next 4 games before making any moves, that coincides with the end of the WJHC. Lots of twitter chatter on rumored moves including the Spits & other teams near the bottom..Rumor du jour; Koko heading back to North Amer after the WJHC

Old
12-27-2012, 02:03 PM
hockeylegend11

According to head coach from Spartak Alex Khoklachev is not returning to KHL after world juniors,also being reported on Jim Parkers twitter,headed back to Windsor ?

Old
12-27-2012, 02:19 PM
hockeylegend11

Maybe Koko"s return if true is the one of the reasons for the Spits non activity in roster improvement prior to the break and as of today
Moves I would consider would be trading Maletta to Missy for RW Scott Teskey a 95 born forwrd who was drafted in the 1st rd in last yrs draft
Both forwards have underacheived with their respective teams,perhaps a change of scenery would benefit both
Teskey reportedly has asked out of Missy,in his last yr of midget minor the good sized winger 6'195 lbs scored 57 goals in 72 games with the Toronto Jr Canadiens
As well I would add 19 year old d-man Kyler Nixon who had 28 pts last yr with Kingston but was let go earlier in the season,while not big at 5'10"-190 lbs he can put pts on the board,which is more then I can say about mcNaughton and Bateman
The price would be cheap probably trading Mcnaughton in return would do it to please Kingston

Old
12-27-2012, 02:22 PM
RayzorIsDull

Quote:
Originally Posted by hockeylegend11 View Post
According to head coach from Spartak Alex Khoklachev is not returning to KHL after world juniors,also being reported on Jim Parkers twitter,headed back to Windsor ?
I might be one of the few but I'm not sure how much effect he would have on the team. He would certainly help production with a guy like Kerby but he's still on pace for 35 goals or so. Spits seem pretty locked into a 7th seed or 8th seed. To be any higher they would have to play around .600+ hockey which means probably winning 20 out of their final 33 games and they still have to play this current stretch out against London, Saginaw, Plymouth and then Sarnia. Even if they grab 1 or 2 wins out of those 4 games they would still need to win 17-18 of their final 29 which is playing .580-.620 hockey. After 35 games now I think we realize now how poorly they have played and there's very little to play for these 33 games which is more than likely a possible 1st round matchup against London. The only thing that could help Windsor is if a team like Saginaw moves Trocheck and Ross but we have to wait on that.

Old
12-27-2012, 02:29 PM
hockeylegend11

Quote:
I might be one of the few but I'm not sure how much effect he would have on the team. He would certainly help production with a guy like Kerby but he's still on pace for 35 goals or so. Spits seem pretty locked into a 7th seed or 8th seed. To be any higher they would have to play around .600+ hockey which means probably winning 20 out of their final 33 games and they still have to play this current stretch out against London, Saginaw, Plymouth and then Sarnia. Even if they grab 1 or 2 wins out of those 4 games they would still need to win 17-18 of their final 29 which is playing .580-.620 hockey. After 35 games now I think we realize now how poorly they have played and there's very little to play for these 33 games which is more than likely a possible 1st round matchup against London. The only thing that could help Windsor is if a team like Saginaw moves Trocheck and Ross but we have to wait on that.
From what I have been told Saginaw intends to move both Ross and Trochek,they will keep Locke,the Spits did ask about him,Dalton Young and Steve Strong as their O/As next yr
They are one of the youngest teams in the league,and Trochek will be highly sought after if available

Old
12-27-2012, 02:40 PM
hockeylegend11

Quote:
My feeling is that Koko would not be the new guys,there would be 1 or 2 others at least
Koko's return would allow HoSang to be moved to another probably with Vail and Johnson,Marchese would move back to Rychels line,I could see Clarke,Lorentz with another pickup an o/a or player acquired for Maletta operating on the 3rd line, these moves would give the club more balance and scoring
No doubt in my mind,the possible addition of Koko,an O/A, at least 1 other player would be Windsor in the same breath as everybody but London and Owen Sd
Avoiding London in the 1st would probably occur,and then anything could occur,or Windsor could be like Plymouth when Windsor was the best team,they would get the whalers in the playoffs,usually the 2nd rd and whip their butts
I would rather not play London in the 1st rd,after that Owen Sd,but otherwise bring on after all the changes that should occur

Old
12-27-2012, 02:54 PM
youngblood10

Quote:
Add a point per game player, improves the powerplay instantly, someone who can take the attack to the other end of the rink and allows others not to have to play against top defensive pairings. It's a big shot in the arm with so many close games and shootouts. It's about the only way they have a chance at winning the division is if Koko's production can put them over the top in those games that they lose now. And any hope or a prayer of getting out of the first round. If it happens?

Old
12-27-2012, 03:19 PM
hockeylegend11

Quote:
Originally Posted by youngblood10 View Post
Add a point per game player, improves the powerplay instantly, someone who can take the attack to the other end of the rink and allows others not to have to play against top defensive pairings. It's a big shot in the arm with so many close games and shootouts. It's about the only way they have a chance at winning the division is if Koko's production can put them over the top in those games that they lose now. And any hope or a prayer of getting out of the first round. If it happens?
I would agree getting impact player should make a difference throughout the lineup
I do think other moves will be made to improve lineup as well
Not saying it will happen but if the NHL does go back I think Sarnia will lose Galchenyuk,maybe Murphy too,their hopes for a division title would be dashed more then likely,and if Koko were to return the teams may flip flop,especially with the Whales floundering
Could get interesting,fun speculating too

Old
12-27-2012, 03:54 PM
Spits82

I was just listening to the Pipeline Show's podcast today that previewed the Russian world junior team. It was mentioned that the management team was scrapped on Khokhlachev's Spartak team, including his father. Leaves less reason for him to stay.

Old
12-27-2012, 03:57 PM
hockeylegend11

According to the latest Spitfire info spits are without Posa,Seiloff,HoSang and Emerson Clark for tonites game at London
Graeham Brown will dress again and if there no other callups Spits will dress 10 forwards and 7 D plus the keepers tonite

Old
12-27-2012, 04:19 PM
Ottomatic

Koko would be a HUGE get for us - he could be a top five player in the league if he comes back motivated. You put him on the top line, bumps Ho-Sang down, creating a second scoring line (which would face the lesser checking line), not to mention Koko would drastically improve our PP and would probably be worth 2-3 points more in shoot-out wins alone.

I'll believe it when I see it, and I'd LOVE for Koko to request a trade. I think he'd be a good add for the Gennies, and would be familiar with DJ Smith being there. Gennies have an import spot open and have young kids we'd do well to add.

Old
12-27-2012, 05:15 PM
hockeylegend11

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ottomatic View Post
Koko would be a HUGE get for us - he could be a top five player in the league if he comes back motivated. You put him on the top line, bumps Ho-Sang down, creating a second scoring line (which would face the lesser checking line), not to mention Koko would drastically improve our PP and would probably be worth 2-3 points more in shoot-out wins alone.

I'll believe it when I see it, and I'd LOVE for Koko to request a trade. I think he'd be a good add for the Gennies, and would be familiar with DJ Smith being there. Gennies have an import spot open and have young kids we'd do well to add.
If Koko were to return and dealt to Oshawa my trade would be
Koko,Bateman and Pavelka for Cole Cassels-Cen,Goalie Daniel Altschuller,Winger Sebasien Uvira and D-man Will Petschenig,and a 3rd rd pick
This trade gives the Spits flexability from an O/a point of view,wont have to worry about Pavelka,the edc packs even out,re Cassels/Bateman,Altshuller comes back next yr,Petschenig is a big body d-guy with some upside,but the center piece would be Cassels who will fit into the top 6 forwards for the next 2 and 1/2 years
Uvira is a big body forward,despite this years numbers who can play
Not saying I am in favor of trading Koko should he return,but I think they would do well in this deal with the Gennies

Old
12-27-2012, 05:42 PM
Ottomatic

I'm not expecting Khokhlachev to be dealt either - Warren would keep him to have Kerby fed gimme's on his wing to help his draft stock if for no other reason. Only way Koko is dealt is if he forces one sorta deal. I don't know how the relationship is between the player and team, there was some hurt feelings on our end when he left, but WR seemingly got a tip that Koko might be coming back just the same when he made the claim.

Old
12-27-2012, 05:45 PM
Spitsfan67*

Quote:
Originally Posted by hockeylegend11 View Post
If Koko were to return and dealt to Oshawa my trade would be
Koko,Bateman and Pavelka for Cole Cassels-Cen,Goalie Daniel Altschuller,Winger Sebasien Uvira and D-man Will Petschenig,and a 3rd rd pick
This trade gives the Spits flexability from an O/a point of view,wont have to worry about Pavelka,the edc packs even out,re Cassels/Bateman,Altshuller comes back next yr,Petschenig is a big body d-guy with some upside,but the center piece would be Cassels who will fit into the top 6 forwards for the next 2 and 1/2 years
Uvira is a big body forward,despite this years numbers who can play
Not saying I am in favor of trading Koko should he return,but I think they would do well in this deal with the Gennies
I wouldn't touch that trade with a ten foot pole, everyone thinks that just because he's an import his value goes way down and it wont he will be an elite player at the junior level and a team will make room...I think if a team makes a run they will put a good package together and you know that Warren is going to go for the homerun and will not accept anything less...if a trade to Oshawa was going to happen with Koko and Pav in it I'd say it would be getting:
Uvira
Altshuller
Cassels
J, Brown
2nd
5th
3rd Next Year.

They would get Pav and Koko.

Old
12-27-2012, 06:02 PM
hockeylegend11

Quote:
I wouldn't touch that trade with a ten foot pole, everyone thinks that just because he's an import his value goes way down and it wont he will be an elite player at the junior level and a team will make room...I think if a team makes a run they will put a good package together and you know that Warren is going to go for the homerun and will not accept anything less...if a trade to Oshawa was going to happen with Koko and Pav in it I'd say it would be getting:
Uvira
Altshuller
Cassels
J, Brown
2nd
5th
3rd Next Year.

They would get Pav and Koko.
I can almost say for certain Oshawa wont deal Brown in this deal,which is not to say I dont like it,but i included Bateman to even out the edc pks,leaving Windsor more flexability
Rychel wont get any homerun he is trying to get and OHL GMs know it

Old
12-27-2012, 06:08 PM
Spitsfan67*

I no Warren won't trade Khoklachev unless hes getting 110% value back but who knows...Personally IF he does come back I would trade him because they could get some key pieces for next season.

Old
12-27-2012, 06:53 PM
izzys

has posa been trade or is he injured?

this london game can pav get any kind of help or is that to much to ask for
2 backdoor wide open goals

Old
12-27-2012, 06:55 PM
izzys

my feeling of trading koko or not

i feel its a must and get some players and pick

also

bateman
maletta
koko
pav
posa
ebert

lets move them out and correct the shipp

i feel that if we keep koko it will be like what we did with kas and ellis , this time u take the best deal no matter what

Old
12-27-2012, 06:58 PM
Spitsfan67*

Quote:
Originally Posted by izzys View Post
has posa been trade or is he injured?

this london game can pav get any kind of help or is that to much to ask for
2 backdoor wide open goals
Posa is out witha pretty bad illness and has lost 11 pounds so far might be a while before he is back in the line-up...

Old
12-27-2012, 07:05 PM
izzys

pull pav

2 weak goals

Closed Thread