HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Buffalo Sabres
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

AHL Monsters at Amerks Wed Dec 26 7:00PM ET

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old
12-27-2012, 10:45 AM
  #51
AmerksPuck
Registered User
 
Join Date: Nov 2012
Posts: 189
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by sabrefan27 View Post
Fair enough. But it's still early enough in the season to do something about it. First thing I'd do is get JGL out of the lineup. He's running neck and neck with McNabb as the worst defenseman on the team.
Doesn't seem like any combination is working- they have tried rotating guys in and having no success. This coupled by shaky goaltending is a recipe for disaster (or 7-6 games).

Definitely Girgensons best effort of the year last night, I liked that line in general. Mancari is still awful despite his 1g 1a - takes the longest shifts and stays out there absolutely gassed (-10 for the season). Looks like Foligno, Hodgson and Flynn are starting to get some chemistry going, which should be fun to watch going forward.

AmerksPuck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-27-2012, 10:55 AM
  #52
sabrefan27
Registered User
 
sabrefan27's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2004
Location: Rochester, NY
Country: United States
Posts: 6,110
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by AmerksPuck View Post
Doesn't seem like any combination is working- they have tried rotating guys in and having no success. This coupled by shaky goaltending is a recipe for disaster (or 7-6 games).

Definitely Girgensons best effort of the year last night, I liked that line in general. Mancari is still awful despite his 1g 1a - takes the longest shifts and stays out there absolutely gassed (-10 for the season). Looks like Foligno, Hodgson and Flynn are starting to get some chemistry going, which should be fun to watch going forward.
No but they could at least slightly improve with JGL out. Give Fienhage a shot. He played a simple, physical game last year. Something they need. Ideally a veteran is needed, but Darcy can't take precious development time away from these guys. They have a lot to learn by getting shelled every night and looking like a disorganized mess.

sabrefan27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-27-2012, 11:00 AM
  #53
tsujimoto74
Moderator
 
tsujimoto74's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2012
Location: Rochester
Country: United States
Posts: 14,689
vCash: 500
I can't, for the life of me, figure out why a team that stinks defensively would scratch Pysyk. He's had a rough game or two, sure, but overall he's been our best defenseman this year, IMO. Hoping he'll be back in the line-up next game.

tsujimoto74 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-27-2012, 11:06 AM
  #54
SabresFan26
Registered User
 
SabresFan26's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2003
Country: United States
Posts: 5,706
vCash: 500
Goaltending is rough, Leggio started the year strong but the scout is out now to shoot high.

SabresFan26 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-27-2012, 11:33 AM
  #55
AmerksPuck
Registered User
 
Join Date: Nov 2012
Posts: 189
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by JPurp26 View Post
Goaltending is rough, Leggio started the year strong but the scout is out now to shoot high.
So true. It seems every goal goes top shelf.

AmerksPuck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-27-2012, 11:44 AM
  #56
SackTastic
Embrace The Suck
 
SackTastic's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Country: United States
Posts: 5,607
vCash: 500
Top shelf. Also known as the money spot to score on 95% of goaltenders for the last 20 years.

SackTastic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-27-2012, 12:32 PM
  #57
French Connection
Registered User
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Posts: 739
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by sabrefan27 View Post
No but they could at least slightly improve with JGL out. Give Fienhage a shot. He played a simple, physical game last year. Something they need. Ideally a veteran is needed, but Darcy can't take precious development time away from these guys. They have a lot to learn by getting shelled every night and looking like a disorganized mess.
Not every combination has been tried as there is a past AHL all star sitting on the side lines, and please don't tell me he would not help this team and play better than some of the players currently in the line up. You do not go from being a number one prospect to what is happening now for no reason, maybe the rumour about RR stating he will never see D again as long as he is coach has some truth to it.

French Connection is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-27-2012, 12:33 PM
  #58
Rasmus Reichel
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Location: Toronto
Country: Canada
Posts: 5,000
vCash: 500
Im a fan of knapp though and would give him a few more starts

Rasmus Reichel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-27-2012, 12:53 PM
  #59
sabrefan27
Registered User
 
sabrefan27's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2004
Location: Rochester, NY
Country: United States
Posts: 6,110
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by French Connection View Post
Not every combination has been tried as there is a past AHL all star sitting on the side lines, and please don't tell me he would not help this team and play better than some of the players currently in the line up. You do not go from being a number one prospect to what is happening now for no reason, maybe the rumour about RR stating he will never see D again as long as he is coach has some truth to it.
Yeah Schiestel would be better than JGL and McNabb. But neither is coming out for him.

sabrefan27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-27-2012, 01:38 PM
  #60
Disengage
Registered User
 
Disengage's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Location: Ontario, NY
Country: United States
Posts: 855
vCash: 500
What's the deal with MacKenzie?

Disengage is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-27-2012, 02:50 PM
  #61
AmerksPuck
Registered User
 
Join Date: Nov 2012
Posts: 189
vCash: 500
Just realized they gave Girgensons the goal on Brennan's shot- couldn't exactly tell what happened there.

Did anyone else think Rankin came nowhere close to tipping that first goal in? From my seat (and limited replay) I didn't think he came close to tipping it.

Sucks for Brennan, looks like he possibly lost 2 goals...

AmerksPuck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-27-2012, 04:14 PM
  #62
SabresFan26
Registered User
 
SabresFan26's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2003
Country: United States
Posts: 5,706
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheyAreGoodScaryGood View Post
Im a fan of knapp though and would give him a few more starts
He has been pretty bad this year. His rebound control combined with the current defense means plentiful scoring chances for the opponet

SabresFan26 is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Forum Jump


Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 03:07 PM.

monitoring_string = "e4251c93e2ba248d29da988d93bf5144"

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2016, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. 2016 All Rights Reserved.