HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Alex Galchenyuk Thread 7.0 - "Turns Rust To Gold?" Edition

Closed Thread

Old
12-27-2012, 01:00 PM
cphabs
It complels you!

vCash: 500
And it is so! Galchenyuk will be a prospect from the USA!

Old
12-27-2012, 01:14 PM
Takashi

galchenyuk played wing or center?

Old
12-27-2012, 01:21 PM
FrankMTL

Quote:
Originally Posted by Takashi View Post
galchenyuk played wing or center?
wing

Old
12-27-2012, 01:23 PM
hogtownhabsfan*

Quote:
Originally Posted by GregSirico View Post
awesome chemistry from Galchenyuk, Barber, and Kuraly I must say.
He seems to have an easy time developing chemistry with whoever he plays with.

Gotta like that.

Old
12-27-2012, 01:27 PM
Kriss E
HFB Partner

Quote:
Originally Posted by DenverHabsFan View Post
Can't wait to watch Gally play Yakupov tomorrow. Yakupov has impressed me with his speed but he's not controlling the game like Gally. Very different styles but I'm happy we drafted the playmaker. I think Gally has a more durable style while I see Yakupov as an Ovechkin type.
On TSN, they were saying how they interviewed Martin Lapointe and he said they feel Gally's strongest asset is his shot, that they haven't seen a kid of his age shoot the puck as fast as he does in a very long time. So, expect the habs to focus a lot more on his sniper skills than his playmaking.
Essentially though, he is a complete offensive package.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ginu View Post
Anyone see a more physical Malkin in Galchenyuk? His peripheral vision is incredible. He just backhanded a pass from the side boards right through the crowd.
Gally is not physical and isn't close to Malkin's skills. Malkin is a lot more physical too.
It's tough to know just how high his potential/progression will take him. But thinking he'll become a true superstar in the NHL, one of the best players of the league, is shooting quite high imo.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ginu View Post
I don't want to get my hopes up either but if Gally was healthy all year would he have gone 1st or 2nd overall? It's not beyond the realms of possibility.
It's not because you get pick 1st that you become a superstar capable of leading a team by yourself and scoring over 100+ pts.
Quote:
Originally Posted by DenverHabsFan View Post
You have a better chance of injury playing about two minutes in the third.
No you don't.

Old
12-27-2012, 01:39 PM
Raider917

i hope he out does yakupov tommorow

Old
12-27-2012, 01:44 PM
DuckJet
I love Monabae

vCash: 69
Be proud Habs fans. Gally is a wonderful talent. I'm never gonna be a huge fan of the Habs but you're starting to get players I have a soft spot for (Price and Patches are a couple of other guys I really like) and now Gally.

Old
12-27-2012, 01:49 PM
FrankMTL

Quote:
Originally Posted by DuckJet View Post
Be proud Habs fans. Gally is a wonderful talent. I'm never gonna be a huge fan of the Habs but you're starting to get players I have a soft spot for (Price and Patches are a couple of other guys I really like) and now Gally.
Thanks. You guys have a great goalie prospect in Gibson.

Old
12-27-2012, 01:55 PM
DuckJet
I love Monabae

vCash: 69
Quote:
Originally Posted by FrankMTL View Post
Thanks. You guys have a great goalie prospect in Gibson.
Thanks buddy. Heard he was getting Carey Price comparisons and I can...kind of see it. But really though Gally is gonna be a great player. He's really benefiting from his time in Sarnia. Guys like him, Patches, Subban, Price, Plekanec are going to make me want to stream Habs games every now and then.

Old
12-27-2012, 01:57 PM
overlords
Hfboards

Quote:
Thanks buddy. Heard he was getting Carey Price comparisons and I can...kind of see it. But really though Gally is gonna be a great player. He's really benefiting from his time in Sarnia. Guys like him, Patches, Subban, Price, Plekanec are going to make me want to stream Habs games every now and then.
Some of his lateral movements really gave me Price WJC flashbacks. He seems well ahead of his peers at this age. Glad he'll be in another conference. Don't trade him to the leafs.

Old
12-27-2012, 02:03 PM
DJ Breadman

He looks exactly like Hossa, passing, shot, even skates the same way

Old
12-27-2012, 02:12 PM
hogtownhabsfan*

Extende Gally highlights anyone?

Old
12-27-2012, 02:28 PM
Shabutie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kriss E View Post
Gally is not physical and isn't close to Malkin's skills. Malkin is a lot more physical too.
It's tough to know just how high his potential/progression will take him. But thinking he'll become a true superstar in the NHL, one of the best players of the league, is shooting quite high imo.
Malkin and Gally are fairly similar in terms of physicality. Not sure why you would say that Malkin is a lot more physical... They both play with an edge and will get feisty when they are "frustrated". Very similar in that light.

As for skill...Gally is 18 years old, so far he shows very similar puck skills and shot. Malkin is a top 3 player in the world right now, so of course we can't compare the two but Gally shows flashes that reminds us of Malkin. Don't know what's wrong in saying that.

Old
12-27-2012, 02:28 PM
ps241
Hero of CantonKiller

Jets fan coming in peace. It was Germany on a bad day but Gally is a beast and he is a can't miss for you guys. For my money he is a game changing prospect. Can't wait for Russia tomorrow and I doubt anybody (in Edmonton, Montreal, and everywhere in between) will be measuring him up against Nail . Been a while since I can remember such an epic Habs pick (probably Price)? He fits the mold of the old school high skilled "flying" type. VERY jealous!!

While you are watching your franchise type prospect take a peak at his teammate and our 1st rounder Jacob Trouba. From the what I have seen he seems to be an intriguing prospect

Old
12-27-2012, 02:32 PM
hogtownhabsfan*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shabutie View Post
Malkin and Gally are fairly similar in terms of physicality. Not sure why you would say that Malkin is a lot more physical... They both play with an edge and will get feisty when they are "frustrated". Very similar in that light.

As for skill...Gally is 18 years old, so far he shows very similar puck skills and shot. Malkin is a top 3 player in the world right now, so of course we can't compare the two but Gally shows flashes that reminds us of Malkin. Don't know what's wrong in saying that.
The difference between Gally and Malkin in my opinion is that Malkin has an elite and explosive first few steps. Gally needs a few more strides to get to full speed. He's not the size/speed marvel that Malkin is. Similar skill level though.

Old
12-27-2012, 02:35 PM
Sam I Am

Quote:
Originally Posted by ps241 View Post
Jets fan coming in peace. It was Germany on a bad day but Gally is a beast and he is a can't miss for you guys. For my money he is a game changing prospect. Can't wait for Russia tomorrow and I doubt anybody (in Edmonton, Montreal, and everywhere in between) will be measuring him up against Nail . Been a while since I can remember such an epic Habs pick (probably Price)? He fits the mold of the old school high skilled "flying" type. VERY jealous!!

While you are watching your franchise type prospect take a peak at his teammate and our 1st rounder Jacob Trouba. From the what I have seen he seems to be an intriguing prospect
Seth Jones gets all the headlines but to this point Trouba is the best of the defencemen on the US squad. Intimidating, smart, good puck skills. The whole package.

Old
12-27-2012, 02:40 PM
LeHabsMan

Quote:

I was keeping a close eye on Trouba during the game. He was probably the best defenseman on the ice. Physical, offensive upside, very good defensively and makes a great first pass out of the zone.

At first i thought the jets were crazy for not selecting Forsberg or Grigorenko at #9 but Trouba looks really good. He seems to be an extremely solid defenseman for the future.

Old
12-27-2012, 02:44 PM
Zeroknowledge*

Quote:

I'd definitely take Trouba over Dumba and maybe even Rielly at this point, big fan of his game, thought he was awesome for an underager last year too at the WJC.

Old
12-27-2012, 02:54 PM
FF de Mars

Quote:
Originally Posted by hogtownhabsfan View Post
Extende Gally highlights anyone?
They have a 6 min game clip on TSN.

Old
12-27-2012, 02:57 PM
Analyzer
#WeAreBoston

Gally's goal was a pretty sweet shot. Glad I got to see it on my lunch!

Old
12-27-2012, 03:01 PM
Sam I Am

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zeroknowledge View Post
I'd definitely take Trouba over Dumba and maybe even Rielly at this point, big fan of his game, thought he was awesome for an underager last year too at the WJC.
Rielly may be the best of the lot...we'll see. But I might take Trouba over Dumba or Ryan Murray. He was impressive during last year's WJC.

Last edited by Sam I Am: 12-27-2012 at 03:06 PM.
Old
12-27-2012, 03:12 PM
Jabba11
Hockey Lobby

Boy am I glad to have Gally in our prospect pool. He's the real deal. So poise, so swag.

Old
12-27-2012, 03:23 PM
Lebowski

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jabba11 View Post
Boy am I glad to have Gally in our prospect pool. He's the real deal. So poise, so swag.
Please don't say that word .

Galchenyuk is starting to get a lot of recognition from non-habs fans on these boards. I've seen him ranked as the very best prospect in the world quite a few times already. The hype should get even bigger if he has a great WJC...

Gosh, could it be that the Habs have a legit future forward superstar within its prospect pool..!

Old
12-27-2012, 03:42 PM
Habs 4 Life
No Excuses

vCash: 256
Quote:
You should make the Habs your Eastern team

Old
12-27-2012, 03:52 PM
Agnostic
11 Stanley Cups

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lebowski View Post
Please don't say that word .

Galchenyuk is starting to get a lot of recognition from non-habs fans on these boards. I've seen him ranked as the very best prospect in the world quite a few times already. The hype should get even bigger if he has a great WJC...

Gosh, could it be that the Habs have a legit future forward superstar within its prospect pool..!
Please don't say that word either. Let's leave it at "meeting expectations".

The overhype on this board is crazy, and adding all the hype of the world together just makes the player a bigger failure when he doesn't reach the level of fan hyperbole.

And really, the comparisons to Malkin? A little early.

Closed Thread