HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Hamilton Bulldogs [10-15-3] & Wheeling Nailers 2012-2013 2.0

Closed Thread

Old
12-27-2012, 03:47 PM
MasterD

vCash: 500
So i'm watching the TVA sports replay of the game (recorded while passing the snowblower, thought it was a 2nd game today), and... Does it always suck this much on this channel? Studio commentators over an English (sportsnet?) feed that they don't even mute??

Old
12-27-2012, 03:52 PM
Analyzer
#WeAreBoston

Quote:
Originally Posted by MasterD View Post
So i'm watching the TVA sports replay of the game (recorded while passing the snowblower, thought it was a 2nd game today), and... Does it always suck this much on this channel? Studio commentators over an English (sportsnet?) feed that they don't even mute??
I've only noticed that the last 2 games.

I can't really speak French, but I know a little. Those 2 clowns go off on other stories and talk about an English word from time to time. It also cut out and they did this thing where they'd show advertisements and not scrums. Was pretty annoying.

Old
12-27-2012, 04:02 PM
MasterD

Oh don't worry I know they're clowns, I just decided that paying 5$ a month with Bell to get sportsnet wasn't worth it...

At this rate, I might decide its worth it real fast.

Old
12-27-2012, 04:17 PM
S Bah

The play of our youngsters in Hamilton while gratifying still shows the need to have a few more drafts like last years to really believe the Habs can ice a SC winning team within 4 years.Having 4 picks in the top 60 is nice,while having 4 in the top thirty Priceless,the same as this draft.Thank God we had #5 overall last lockout and Price was there,are the Habs going to get another top five which they obviously need after last season's debacle,who knows?Hab fans are in the precarious position of having a team that can't make the playoffs but could draft in the last 20-30th spots if the antiquated system of logic used in the previous lockout is used once again.While the Bruins could draft 1st overall,this outcome along with the disgraceful pissing match the NHL and NHLPA are having,will certainly do the league even more damage.Bettman by his actions obviously could care less about people who spend money on sporting events as long as he's getting his share.The real travesty here is that people like you and I are being sat on if you get my drift.There better be some logic used in the process for the upcoming draft that actually helps teams that are in the bottom rungs like Columbus & Montreal for a change.Just my humble opinion Gary if you're listening. Sorry about the Rant I've just had it up to my back teeth with the Lockout and all the Whining from the whole works of them,they should be embarassed their little tirades on TV like the World depends on their every whim,get stuffed.

Last edited by S Bah: 12-27-2012 at 04:23 PM.
Old
12-27-2012, 06:45 PM
Ubercron9000

Quote:
Originally Posted by S Bah View Post
The play of our youngsters in Hamilton while gratifying still shows the need to have a few more drafts like last years to really believe the Habs can ice a SC winning team within 4 years.Having 4 picks in the top 60 is nice,while having 4 in the top thirty Priceless,the same as this draft.Thank God we had #5 overall last lockout and Price was there,are the Habs going to get another top five which they obviously need after last season's debacle,who knows?Hab fans are in the precarious position of having a team that can't make the playoffs but could draft in the last 20-30th spots if the antiquated system of logic used in the previous lockout is used once again.While the Bruins could draft 1st overall,this outcome along with the disgraceful pissing match the NHL and NHLPA are having,will certainly do the league even more damage.Bettman by his actions obviously could care less about people who spend money on sporting events as long as he's getting his share.The real travesty here is that people like you and I are being sat on if you get my drift.There better be some logic used in the process for the upcoming draft that actually helps teams that are in the bottom rungs like Columbus & Montreal for a change.Just my humble opinion Gary if you're listening. Sorry about the Rant I've just had it up to my back teeth with the Lockout and all the Whining from the whole works of them,they should be embarassed their little tirades on TV like the World depends on their every whim,get stuffed.
I dont think it really matters who we draft in terms of helping hamilton out. We have some really good young players. Maybe even to many young players! The problem is we surrounded them with goons and a coach I shouldnt believe in.

Im worried about bergevin now. He is the one who hired the coach and signed useless goons to help hamilton. Guys like beaulieu and gallagher are doing pretty good playing for a crap team. But we also had leblanc injured which did not help.

Old
12-27-2012, 06:54 PM
bud12

so Hamilton have 2 goon and suddenly, all the bulldogs player play with goon. Really, stop this ********. Its not because of Stortini that the bulldog suck, its because they lack top six talent. The majority of ahl team dress goon on their 4 line and they don't suck because of that. This lockout need to stop so people who never watched ahl can stop *****ing about goon on a 4 line.

Old
12-27-2012, 07:05 PM
DAChampion

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ubercron9000 View Post
I dont think it really matters who we draft in terms of helping hamilton out. We have some really good young players. Maybe even to many young players! The problem is we surrounded them with goons and a coach I shouldnt believe in.

Im worried about bergevin now. He is the one who hired the coach and signed useless goons to help hamilton. Guys like beaulieu and gallagher are doing pretty good playing for a crap team. But we also had leblanc injured which did not help.
A good team needs a goon or two. Hopefully the Habs get some soon as well.

Old
12-27-2012, 08:47 PM
QuebecPride
@Etienne_Pouliot

Quote:
Originally Posted by MasterD View Post
Pednault's alright, but Langevin is worse than most Junior Radio commentators IMO. He's awful.

Old
12-28-2012, 07:43 AM
Whitesnake
Habs of steel

Greg Pateryn skating for the 1st time. Some good news in an ocean of bad ones.

https://twitter.com/Greg_Pateryn/sta...71098949275648

Old
12-28-2012, 10:26 AM
Marc the Habs Fan
Cakes!

vCash: 613
https://twitter.com/dogsplaybyplay/s...81371497160704

Derek Wills ‏@dogsplaybyplay
. @BulldogsAHL practicing PP with Blunden-Dumont-Chaput-Holland-Beaulieu on one unit, Avtsin-Gallagher-Leblanc-St. Denis-Nash on the other.

Avtsin playing tonight?

And that 1st unit is horrific up front. Play Beaulieu with Gallagher and Leblanc.

Looks like Avtsin is in, Quailer is out as a healthy scratch for first time this season. Corbin also healthy scratch. Mayer will start.

Just fire the bald man now. Let's keep scratching decent young talent so we can continue to play Stortini and Hagel.

Last edited by Marc the Habs Fan: 12-28-2012 at 10:40 AM.
Old
12-28-2012, 11:33 AM
vokiel
I hate blind passes

Wake me up when a journalist gets the opportunity and dares asking Lefebvre what his definition of hockey development actually is.

Old
12-28-2012, 01:05 PM
Habnot

Quote:
Originally Posted by vokiel View Post
Lines aren't made like it's a development team. I disagree with that hole spiel. You don't develop a player or a student by restricting his role to a few specific facets, that makes a really poor development curve in any domain. In fact if it was a development line up some players would find themselves in roles they aren't used to be holding, which isn't what I've seen up to date.
What intrigues me is how you know more about hockey development than Lefebvre, Dufresne, Wilson, Riendeau, Brisebois, Lapointe and the rest of the Habs staff that easily has over 5,000 games played in the NHL.

Old
12-28-2012, 03:15 PM
MasterDecoy
Carlos Danger

Just give that Russian rubik's cube some proper ice time dammit!

Old
12-28-2012, 03:47 PM
donghabs98

vCash: 83
Quote:
Originally Posted by Marc the Habs Fan View Post

. @BulldogsAHL practicing PP with Blunden-Dumont-Chaput-Holland-Beaulieu on one unit, Avtsin-Gallagher-Leblanc-St. Denis-Nash on the other.

Avtsin playing tonight?

And that 1st unit is horrific up front. Play Beaulieu with Gallagher and Leblanc.

Looks like Avtsin is in, Quailer is out as a healthy scratch for first time this season. Corbin also healthy scratch. Mayer will start.

Just fire the bald man now. Let's keep scratching decent young talent so we can continue to play Stortini and Hagel.

Old
12-28-2012, 04:05 PM
Protest the Hero

Quote:
Originally Posted by Habnot View Post
What intrigues me is how you know more about hockey development than Lefebvre, Dufresne, Wilson, Riendeau, Brisebois, Lapointe and the rest of the Habs staff that easily has over 5,000 games played in the NHL.
This argument is as useless as Stortini.

Old
12-28-2012, 04:52 PM
DAChampion

Quote:
Originally Posted by Protest the Hero View Post
This argument is as useless as Stortini.
I disagree: there is more value to Stortini imo.

Old
12-28-2012, 05:26 PM
Gabe84
Bring back Bonk!

# Name Pos GP G A Pts
17 Brendan Gallagher R 28 9 8 17
40 Gabriel Dumont C 28 6 7 13
18 Michael Bournival C 26 2 9 11
8 Nathan Beaulieu D 27 2 9 11
14 Mike Blunden R 28 7 4 11

Current scoring for the Dogs (top 5).

Blunden has been pretty hot over the past few games while Chaput has .5 ppg which is better than any other healthy Bulldogs not named Gallagher.

I don't understand why this 1st pp unit is so outrageous. Plus, it makes for a pretty good second unit imo.

Also, I don't like this notion of 1st/2nd unit. The "2nd" unit may very well end up playing more than the first one.

Old
12-28-2012, 05:29 PM
DAChampion

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gabe84 View Post
# Name Pos GP G A Pts
17 Brendan Gallagher R 28 9 8 17
40 Gabriel Dumont C 28 6 7 13
18 Michael Bournival C 26 2 9 11
8 Nathan Beaulieu D 27 2 9 11
14 Mike Blunden R 28 7 4 11

Current scoring for the Dogs (top 5).

Blunden has been pretty hot over the past few games while Chaput has .5 ppg which is better than any other healthy Bulldogs not named Gallagher.

I don't understand why this 1st pp unit is so outrageous. Plus, it makes for a pretty good second unit imo.

Also, I don't like this notion of 1st/2nd unit. The "2nd" unit may very well end up playing more than the first one.
The points per game reflect ice time and opportunities. Players like Patrick Holland and Alexander Avtsin might do better if given more opportunities.

Avtsin has 1 point in 2 games.

Holland was doing great at the start of the season, 7 points in 12 games or something, and was then put on the 4th line.

Old
12-28-2012, 05:40 PM
S Bah

After Lefebrve tearing a strip off of the team about teamwork I'm looking forward to a real team effort and a wins tonight/tomorrow night.It's time they start playing like pros and not schmo's,get your heads out of your ..... play hockey.The game you have been playing for years,don't wait for someone else to show you how.

Old
12-28-2012, 05:40 PM
bud12

Stortini in the lineup, Hamilton lose!!!!! because its is fault if all the bulldog players can't score for ****

Old
12-28-2012, 05:46 PM
Roulin

Quote:

Avtsin playing tonight?

I can't think of a good reason for either Gallagher or Beaulieu to play less than 1:15 per PP... I don't get putting them on separate units. Is it really beneficial to have Gallagher's ice time tied to Nash, and Beaulieu's tied to Blunden?

Old
12-28-2012, 05:46 PM
vokiel
I hate blind passes

Quote:
Originally Posted by bud12 View Post
Stortini in the lineup, Hamilton lose!!!!! because its is fault if all the bulldog players can't score for ****
You are correct. He leaves a trail of toxic goo skating around the rink which intoxicates our prospects and leaves them as mindless drones.

Old
12-28-2012, 05:47 PM
Analyzer
#WeAreBoston

Dogs don't need both Stortini and Hagel, but if both are sat and the dogs are ran all night long all the people who wanted both out would cry about how there was no one to do anything.

I think Commodore must be healthy as I saw Corbin is scratched for tonight along with Qualier.

Old
12-28-2012, 06:09 PM
Watsatheo
Error 503 Service

Quote:

Avtsin playing tonight?

Hagel being a staple goon I can understand because he actually fights/drops the gloves, gets pucks to the net, discipline, and a Hamilton boy.

Blunden and Chaput on 1st PP unit and Stortini over Quailer brings up my key concern for this team. It's not that they are playing the veterans, rather, if they're going to give some veterans good icetime over prospects, get veterans that would actually use that icetime to help the team win.

Old
12-28-2012, 06:11 PM
Et le But

What I don't understand is why Holland was buried on the 4th line after such a good start.

Closed Thread