HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Buffalo Sabres
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Buffalo Bills: Offseason (6-10; Gailey and staff fired, Brandon now President)

Closed Thread

Old
12-26-2012, 06:36 AM
SFTC Addict
Not Here To Be Liked

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Layne Staley View Post
The number 3 is the only thing you need to look at to find out the Bills problem....

Fitz has the 3rd most amount of turnovers in the NFL past 2 seasons. 3 is the amount of divisional wins Chan Gailey has in 3 years. 3 is the number of 10+ loss seasons for the Bills. And 3 is the amount of seasons we have had to watch with Chan Gailey and Ryan Fitzpatrick at the helm that have led us to 15 wins over that time span. It is time to move on.
and 3rd worst is the Defense.

Problem goes beyond Fitz. The D is atrocious and well...Gailey...just no words for him.

Old
12-26-2012, 12:52 PM
Layne Staley
The Future

The Ds problem is lack of good linebackers, cornerbacks and coaching. So pretty much everything aside from our DL and our safeties. Gilmore has been mediocre, Aaron Williams is TERRIBLE. I will say after 2 years I already know he is a massive bust and will never amount to anything. That is why we always suck, we draft studs like Aaron Williams and Torell Troupe in the 2nd round.

One more week and I'm praying Buddy, Chan, Wanny and every other coach is fired.

Old
12-26-2012, 02:10 PM
SFTC Addict
Not Here To Be Liked

Quote:
The Ds problem is lack of good linebackers, cornerbacks and coaching. So pretty much everything aside from our DL and our safeties. Gilmore has been mediocre, Aaron Williams is TERRIBLE. I will say after 2 years I already know he is a massive bust and will never amount to anything. That is why we always suck, we draft studs like Aaron Williams and Torell Troupe in the 2nd round.

One more week and I'm praying Buddy, Chan, Wanny and every other coach is fired.

Couldn't be more truthful. How can you be so bad for 13 years but see no progression of any kind? How can you fail on so many picks? Spiller seems like the one pick they hit on(even Dareus comes off as disappointing)

Old
12-26-2012, 03:14 PM
Layne Staley
The Future

I'm not upset with the Dareus pick. Sure, for a 3rd overall pick, you expect him to be a perennial all pro. While Dareus hasn't been elite, he is only 23 and has gotten 5.5 sacks the past 2 seasons each. For a DT in our scheme that is pretty good. Dareus still has potential to grow and I still believe he is on the right track to becoming a top 5 DT.

Considering our 1st round busts/disappointments over the past 10 years, I am pretty happy with Dareus as he is at least a very good player with flashes of greatness. As for Torell Troup, the guy picked right after him was Rob Gronkowski. Too bad the Bills didn't follow the Sabres in drafting home town guys, we would have had the best TE in the league instead of a complete and utter failure in Troup.

Old
12-26-2012, 04:11 PM
Old Navy Goat

Quote:
Originally Posted by BK Triple Threat View Post

Couldn't be more truthful. How can you be so bad for 13 years but see no progression of any kind? How can you fail on so many picks? Spiller seems like the one pick they hit on(even Dareus comes off as disappointing)
I think Dareus should get a pass for this year's regression as I would imagine the murder of his brother had to have affected him. He definitely started playing much better later in the year.

Old
12-26-2012, 08:48 PM
buffalowing88

No Levitre, Kyle Williams, or Spiller for the Pro Bowl? I'd have thought one of them would be in. Oh well, another reminder that this team was a disappointment in every sense of the word.

Old
12-26-2012, 08:51 PM
Taro Tsujimoto
2 Sam(my)s, 1 avatar

vCash: 50
Send a message via MSN to Taro Tsujimoto
Quote:
Originally Posted by buffalowing88 View Post
No Levitre, Kyle Williams, or Spiller for the Pro Bowl? I'd have thought one of them would be in. Oh well, another reminder that this team was a disappointment in every sense of the word.
And yet the Chiefs somehow get 5 players in.

Old
12-26-2012, 09:13 PM
SackTastic
Embrace The Suck

Quote:
I'm not upset with the Dareus pick. Sure, for a 3rd overall pick, you expect him to be a perennial all pro. While Dareus hasn't been elite, he is only 23 and has gotten 5.5 sacks the past 2 seasons each. For a DT in our scheme that is pretty good. Dareus still has potential to grow and I still believe he is on the right track to becoming a top 5 DT.

Considering our 1st round busts/disappointments over the past 10 years, I am pretty happy with Dareus as he is at least a very good player with flashes of greatness. As for Torell Troup, the guy picked right after him was Rob Gronkowski. Too bad the Bills didn't follow the Sabres in drafting home town guys, we would have had the best TE in the league instead of a complete and utter failure in Troup.
What QB would be getting him the ball, exactly?

Gronk wouldn't have 40% of his production with Fitzpatrick throwing the rock.

Old
12-26-2012, 09:33 PM
SFTC Addict
Not Here To Be Liked

Spiller deserves it but the Pro Bowl is junk anyway. He will probably get in when playoff guys start backing out.

Old
12-26-2012, 10:17 PM
struckbyaparkedcar
Zemgus Da Gawd

Quote:
Originally Posted by Beechsack View Post

He's insanely better than Scott Chandler, who manages to be serviceable despite who's under center.

And you didn't post this, but I disagree that Gilmore has been mediocre. He had a rough start as a rookie playing top matchups on a historically bad defense, but every time I've seen him since he's been noticeably effective. Given the necessary help (the stuff that the defense needs anyway) I think he'll do just fine.

Old
12-26-2012, 10:49 PM
SFTC Addict
Not Here To Be Liked

HOLY HELL Miami!

http://www.foxsportsflorida.com/12/2...85&feedID=3720

Is that real?! Kept seeing this from different things on my Facebook Home Page(like NFL Memes)and thought it was a joke then one of my likes of a TV station posted it so then I knew it had some meaning.

That logo is HIDEOUS. That Dolphin almost looks like it's on life support.

Old
12-26-2012, 11:25 PM
SuperNintendoChalmrs

It's floating... and then will roll over to its appropriate position.

Old
12-27-2012, 12:20 AM
Layne Staley
The Future

Quote:
Originally Posted by Beechsack View Post

I disagree with this 100%. Gronk would still put up massive #s. If Scott Chandler can put up decent numbers then Gronk could easily double his output. And mediocre QB play didn't prevent Tony Gonzalez from dominating the position while he was a Kansas City Chief. No matter who is throwing him the ball , Gronk would still be a top 2 at his position due to his physical talent alone. I don't know if your trying to justify the Bills messing up the pick in epic proportions or not but Gronk on this team makes our offense infinitely better. It makes me furious when I think of us picking Torell ****ing Troup one pick before Gronk.

Also, I was looking at the stats at ESPN and according to the stats there Marcel Dareus has the 3rd most sacks for a DT behind Ndamukong Suh and wait for it..... Dwan Edwards . That is mighty impressive and reinforces that Dareus is a legit pass rushing DT which are very valuable and scarce. Dwan Edwards didn't even have 6 career sacks before this year so obviously this is a fluke. Being practically 2nd in DT sacks behind Suh is a big accomplishment.

On the draft front, it looks like Tyler Bray is going to declare. I'd be ecstatic if we could draft Te'o in the 1st and Bray in the 2nd and that is rectifying our 2 biggest weaknesses.

Last edited by Layne Staley: 12-27-2012 at 12:41 AM.
Old
12-27-2012, 03:11 AM
CraniumCram
Syracuse '14

I probably sound like Homer Simpson right now, but hear me out. I definitely see the Bills going with Teo with their first pick, if not Jones. But how about after that:

After his incredible senior season in which he most of Syracuse passing records, I think Nassib (3619yds, 63.2%, 8.08ypa, 24TD, 9int) is going to be steadily climbing draft boards into the late 1st, early 2nd round. I strongly believe that the Bills should trade up to where they're sure they can grab him.

As a complement to Nassib, I'm feeling the Bills should target Alec Lemon (70 rec, 1,063 yds 7 TD, 15.2avg), Nassib's favorite receiver over the past few seasons, with a mid/late round pick. I think he won't be around past the fourth or fifth. These two played incredibly together this year and Lemon has a great knack for getting open, just like Stevie. They would make a great 1-2 possession tandem, along with Nelson and a new TE perhaps.

This is the best example of Nassib and Lemon playing in sync:

(The 4th quarter winning drive especially.)

Old
12-27-2012, 09:45 AM
New Sabres Captain
ForFriendshipDikembe

Levitre not going is a disgrace. Spiller was sabotaged by Gailey. K. Williams...I can see missing.

As for draft busts...Troup is a bust. Carrington has turned out to be serviceable. A. Williams the jury is still out on, but he has not progressed as hoped.

Gilmore has made some rookie mistakes, but by and large I am happy with him. He's been given the role of shutdown corner on the top WR opposition and has for the most part done his job. The ball skills haven't shown yet, but I imagine we might start to see that as he gets more comfortable at this level. I have no problem projecting him as the starting CB for the next 10 years based on his performance this year.

Old
12-27-2012, 11:51 AM
buffalorules

2010 NFL draft in round 2 Gronk, round 3 Jimmy Graham or round 4 Aaron Hernandez. Buffalo drafts round 2 Torell Troup, round 3 Alex Carrington and round 4 Marcus Easley... wow

Old
12-27-2012, 11:55 AM
SackTastic
Embrace The Suck

Quote:
Originally Posted by GrigsAndGirgs View Post
Levitre not going is a disgrace. Spiller was sabotaged by Gailey. K. Williams...I can see missing.

As for draft busts...Troup is a bust. Carrington has turned out to be serviceable. A. Williams the jury is still out on, but he has not progressed as hoped.

Gilmore has made some rookie mistakes, but by and large I am happy with him. He's been given the role of shutdown corner on the top WR opposition and has for the most part done his job. The ball skills haven't shown yet, but I imagine we might start to see that as he gets more comfortable at this level. I have no problem projecting him as the starting CB for the next 10 years based on his performance this year.
For a rook to be tossed out on an island for much of the year, and not look out of place, that's impressive.

You normally see a rookie get worked for at least an entire game or two. Gilmore had a couple iffy plays here and there, but by and large seems to be the real deal.

Old
12-27-2012, 01:10 PM
Ralonzo
Я хочу!

Send a message via Yahoo to Ralonzo
I might be another in the minority that just doesn't see Gilmore as being very good this season. I don't have the numbers, times thrown at (and when you can be throwing at Williams or McKelvin, why wouldn't you) vs catches vs defense. Still I recall more than a handful of plays where Gilmore's guy has been open by 4 or 5 YARDS. A lot more where Gilmore is in the vicinity, but the catch is made.

He's a good tackler after the reception but the definition of "shutdown" means the guy doesn't get the ball to begin with.

Old
12-27-2012, 01:24 PM
SFTC Addict
Not Here To Be Liked

Quote:
Originally Posted by cramdizzl View Post
I probably sound like Homer Simpson right now, but hear me out. I definitely see the Bills going with Teo with their first pick, if not Jones. But how about after that:

After his incredible senior season in which he most of Syracuse passing records, I think Nassib (3619yds, 63.2%, 8.08ypa, 24TD, 9int) is going to be steadily climbing draft boards into the late 1st, early 2nd round. I strongly believe that the Bills should trade up to where they're sure they can grab him.

As a complement to Nassib, I'm feeling the Bills should target Alec Lemon (70 rec, 1,063 yds 7 TD, 15.2avg), Nassib's favorite receiver over the past few seasons, with a mid/late round pick. I think he won't be around past the fourth or fifth. These two played incredibly together this year and Lemon has a great knack for getting open, just like Stevie. They would make a great 1-2 possession tandem, along with Nelson and a new TE perhaps.

This is the best example of Nassib and Lemon playing in sync:

(The 4th quarter winning drive especially.)
Does he have better hands than Steve?

Old
12-27-2012, 01:28 PM
McTank

I think
1. Teo
2. Nassib
3. A CB
4. Lemon
Would be a successful draft

Old
12-27-2012, 01:46 PM
OkimLom

Quote:
Originally Posted by buffalorules View Post
2010 NFL draft in round 2 Gronk, round 3 Jimmy Graham or round 4 Aaron Hernandez. Buffalo drafts round 2 Torell Troup, round 3 Alex Carrington and round 4 Marcus Easley... wow
Got to wonder how many of those scouts are still with Buffalo...This is a very underrated problem with Buffalo as well as the many that are in the forefront. Awful Drafting.

Old
12-27-2012, 03:06 PM
kirby11

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ralonzo View Post
I might be another in the minority that just doesn't see Gilmore as being very good this season. I don't have the numbers, times thrown at (and when you can be throwing at Williams or McKelvin, why wouldn't you) vs catches vs defense. Still I recall more than a handful of plays where Gilmore's guy has been open by 4 or 5 YARDS. A lot more where Gilmore is in the vicinity, but the catch is made.

He's a good tackler after the reception but the definition of "shutdown" means the guy doesn't get the ball to begin with.
Some of that's because wannstedt is an idiot and sometimes has gilmore playing way off the receiver (like 5+ yards behind the line of scrimmage) so he doesn't get beat deep. that's basically giving the offense a free 5-7 yard gain on a slant. And yes, i agree, there have been times when gilmore's been less than effective. but for a rookie corner having to take on the top wideouts since day 1, i've been happy with how he's played. He did have a pick 6 called back one game because of a penalty IIRc

Old
12-27-2012, 03:12 PM
kirby11

Quote:
Originally Posted by kirby11 View Post
Some of that's because wannstedt is an idiot and sometimes has gilmore playing way off the receiver (like 5+ yards behind the line of scrimmage) so he doesn't get beat deep. that's basically giving the offense a free 5-7 yard gain on a slant. And yes, i agree, there have been times when gilmore's been less than effective. but for a rookie corner having to take on the top wideouts since day 1, i've been happy with how he's played. He did have a pick 6 called back one game because of a penalty IIRC.
EDIT: and he didn't commit the penalty to get the INT, it was on a bill away from the play i think

Old
12-27-2012, 03:54 PM
Ralonzo
Я хочу!

Send a message via Yahoo to Ralonzo
That's fair enough. I'm not zeroed in on Gilmore to evaluate or anything. Just a general mental tally of how many times did I notice him for the "who made that play, oh #27" reason versus "was that #27's guy catching it again?"

Old
12-27-2012, 03:59 PM
SFTC Addict
Not Here To Be Liked

Quote:
Originally Posted by OkimLom View Post
Got to wonder how many of those scouts are still with Buffalo...This is a very underrated problem with Buffalo as well as the many that are in the forefront. Awful Drafting.
Probably everyone because Nix is still around.

Closed Thread