HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk
Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk Trade rumors, transactions, and free agent talk. Rumors must contain the word RUMOR in post title. Proposals must contain the word PROPOSAL in post title.

Undo a trade in the past 2 seasons! (Since summer 2010)

Old
12-27-2012, 08:29 AM
CanuckistanFlyerfan

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by BobbyClarkeFan16 View Post
No, you don't speak for all Flyer fans. Bryz had a terrible first half. However, he was dynamite the second half of the season. He was 18 - 8 - 1 with a .946 save percentage and a 2.01 GAA. I don't get why most Flyers fans are so willing to throw the guy under a bus. If I'm Paul Holmgren, I make that trade 11 times out of 10.

If there's a trade I wish the Flyers would have been able to take back, it would have been the Kris Versteeg deal. The guy showed up to camp in Toronto out of shape and was sulking about being there. He ended up getting hurt shortly afterwards and Holmgren decided to give up a 1st and a 3rd to acquire him. He provided nothing when he got to Philadelphia and funny how the team began to sink when he got there.

Maybe the initial trade wasn't so bad. The contract that followed is what made it so brutal.

Those were nice numbers he posted. Then the playoffs came and he was only out-underperformed ( I think I may have made that word up) by Fleury of any goalie in the first round. He was better in the 2nd round, but it must be hard to play for a guy who you have no clue what he's going to give you in net. The guy can look like he's never played hockey before to decent to good, in one shift. If he's consistent at anything, it's inconsistency. With all the good young players on the Flyers, I'd rather be looking for a goalie (or seeing how Bob develops) than have this headcase locked up forever.

CanuckistanFlyerfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-27-2012, 08:45 AM
Vitto79

Sather pulls of good deals but lisin for korpikoski was bad. Korps is an ideal tortarella 3rd liner

Vitto79 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
12-27-2012, 09:52 AM
CBJSprague24
"Scoreboard, son."

Quote:
Originally Posted by indigobuffalo View Post
Can someone with full internet access post one of those "Brace Yourselves..." image-macro memes with the tag line: "...for rants from Columbus fans."
As Mayor Bee said, the one thing that Howson can sometimes do well is trade. Mayor Bee also covers some of my thoughts, which I'll add to:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mayor Bee View Post
Not really.

Columbus in the last couple of years basically comes down to a small number of trades, and the reason why you haven't seen this thread flooded with our fans.

Voracek, 8th overall, 3rd-rounder for Jeff Carter - This eventually turned into Jack Johnson and the 2013 first-rounder from the Kings. Johnson played like a man possessed down the stretch for Columbus, and looks like he may have broken through. The first-rounder obviously remains to be seen. As for the pieces going to Philly...look, we all saw Voracek in Columbus. He looked the same last year as he did as a 19-year-old rookie. Maybe he breaks through, maybe he doesn't. I think we all recognize this, and he was one of our most popular players. Couturier (taken with the 8th pick) had serious questions when he was drafted about whether his offense would carry over into the NHL, and it's way too early to tell if this ends up being the case.

The Rick Nash trade - Long on rumors and speculation, and a limited basis in fact. The rumors for the entire saga was that the Rangers offered five excellent pieces at the trade deadline (rejected by Columbus), and yet Columbus said as soon as the Rangers finally added a fourth piece, the deal was made. The rumor was that Ottawa was offering Foligno and Zibanejad; Columbus got Foligno anyway at the cost of Marc Methot. Zibanejad has had concussion problems and there's a good chance he never amounts to anything as a result. San Jose was rumored to have offered Pavelski; several others in the know have said that the biggest piece going back was Ryane Clowe.

In any case, it's way too early to see what happens. If Dubinsky fits in on the second line, can he score 50-60 points? Can Anisimov log big minutes and produce? Can Erixon make the roster right off the bat? And what becomes of the first-rounder?

Klesla and Byers for Upshall and Lepisto - I never fully appreciated Klesla until he was gone; I fell into the trap that I always try to avoid (focus on what a player can do rather than what he can't.) But at the end of the day, Klesla was a second-pairing defenseman and will never be anything more than that.

Jason Chimera for Chris Clark and Milan Jurcina - Supposedly there were some solid offers for Jurcina at the deadline before the extent of his injury was known. Clark did nothing, which is still more than Chimera ever did. Chimera is basically a slightly better version of Rico Fata.
The Carter debacle- Eventually netted us Jack Johnson, who played like there was no tomorrow, almost like he knew the NHL was going to implode at the end of the season. The icing on the cake is the Conditional 1st (If LA misses playoffs, 2013; if LA makes playoffs, CBJ choice of '12 or '13), which became the 2013 1st and (combined with the CBJ and NYR picks) became three 1sts in what's probably going to end up a bingo ball draft. If it comes down to intangibles, I'd take Jack "Evidently I wasn't wanted in LA, so I'm going to play my ass off where I AM wanted" Johnson over Jeff "Spoiled Brat" Carter.

Nash- Mayor Bee covered it, but I'm curious to see what this team of guys who seem to know and like each other (Tyutin/Nikitin was a strong pair last year, Wisniewski/Foligno know each other from Worlds, Prospal-Dubinsky-Anisimov was a line in New York, "Controlled Chaos" (Wisniewski/Johnson) has clicked quickly) can do. In addition, Tim Erixon seems to be playing fairly well in Springfield with the attitude problems some talked about not seeming to be a problem.

Klesla- Was made of glass in Columbus, with 34GP in 08-09 and 26GP in 09-10. Had a big (overpaid) contract that Howson was able to get out from under, helping free up space for new additions that summer, which included a vocal leader (and scorer) that the CBJ desperately needed in Vinny Prospal.

Chimera- Before the OP's suggested time frame, but an awful trade.

The one I'll add is Antoine Vermette for Curtis McElhinney+picks. Wasn't too happy to see him go, but McElhinney has been on fire for the Falcons this year & there's been some suggestion that he could have an outside shot at time in Columbus...if there's ever a season.

Last edited by CBJSprague24: 12-27-2012 at 09:57 AM.
CBJSprague24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-27-2012, 11:04 AM
patrick

Worst from a value POV

Considering there will likely be no games played before he becomes an UFA, for me it has to be Visnovsky to the Islanders for a 2nd round pick.

patrick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-27-2012, 11:12 AM
Lonewolfe2015

vCash: 239
Quote:
Originally Posted by patrick View Post
Considering there will likely be no games played before he becomes an UFA, for me it has to be Visnovsky to the Islanders for a 2nd round pick.
If we're going for worst overall, Ribeiro for a 2nd + Eakin is worse than Visnovsky for just a 2nd.

Lonewolfe2015 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-27-2012, 11:13 AM
isles31
Poster Excellont

viz for a 2nd looks like a dumb trade at this point.

isles31 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-27-2012, 11:26 AM
patrick

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lonewolfe2015 View Post
If we're going for worst overall, Ribeiro for a 2nd + Eakin is worse than Visnovsky for just a 2nd.
Good point.

patrick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-27-2012, 03:47 PM
zech
@zech_de

Liles for a 2nd round pick.

zech is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-27-2012, 03:58 PM
Qward
Because! That's why!

vCash: 265
Ottawa trading 16th overall pick for Tarasenko.
Not trade Elliott for Anderson.
May still have traded for Turris. Puempel and a pick or Noesen and a pick.

Landeskog/Spezza/Tarasenko
Michalek/Turris/Silfverberg

le sigh

Qward is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-27-2012, 04:07 PM
Theosis
11, 27, 31, 67, 76 ♥

vCash: 50
I would have kept Cammelleri. I think he'd compliment Galchenyuk well.

Theosis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-27-2012, 07:55 PM
LEAFS FAN 4 EVER
GO LEAFS GO

Keith Aulie for Carter Ashton. When that trade was made I thought Toronto gave up on Aulie to fast because when he was called up during the 2010-2011 season after they traded Francios Beauchemin, I thought Aulie played very well with Phaneuf. Plus Brian Burke even said they don't make the trade for Phaneuf if Calgary didn't put Aulie in the deal, so that's why this deal was surprising to see happen.

LEAFS FAN 4 EVER is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-29-2012, 12:44 AM
jayball75

The kaberle trade. Can't believe with the way things were going in mtl that he had a job let alone tge ability to trade players.

jayball75 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-29-2012, 12:49 AM
OneSharpMarble

Quote:
Originally Posted by Theosis View Post
I would have kept Cammelleri. I think he'd compliment Galchenyuk well.
I am sure he would love to float off Gally for a couple seasons but the team is moving in a new direction, less floaters please.

OneSharpMarble is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-29-2012, 12:58 AM
jayball75

Quote:
Originally Posted by OneSharpMarble View Post
I am sure he would love to float off Gally for a couple seasons but the team is moving in a new direction, less floaters please.
They did get holland who could turn out pretty good. Maybe not as good as #13 but well see. Borque is a lazy sac of dog crap

Old
12-29-2012, 01:01 AM
JackFr

As a Penguins fan the easy answer is the Michalek trade. In retrospect, brutal deal considering we didn't do anything with the space.

JackFr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-29-2012, 01:44 AM
tjcurrie

I would like James Neal back. Thanks.

That one's probably gonna sting forever.

tjcurrie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-29-2012, 01:51 AM
The Nuge
Farewell Smytty

vCash: 1026
Quote:
Originally Posted by Qward View Post
Ottawa trading 16th overall pick for Tarasenko.
Not trade Elliott for Anderson.
May still have traded for Turris. Puempel and a pick or Noesen and a pick.

Landeskog/Spezza/Tarasenko
Michalek/Turris/Silfverberg

le sigh
I don't think you understand how this works...

The Nuge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-29-2012, 01:53 AM
OneSharpMarble

Quote:
Originally Posted by jayball75 View Post
They did get holland who could turn out pretty good. Maybe not as good as #13 but well see. Borque is a lazy sac of dog crap
He was injured and still produced enough for a third liner at like half of cammys price. Did you think we would get gold for the floating headcase that is cammalleri?

Old
12-29-2012, 06:51 AM
jayball75

Quote:
Originally Posted by OneSharpMarble View Post
He was injured and still produced enough for a third liner at like half of cammys price. Did you think we would get gold for the floating headcase that is cammalleri?
Everybody was a having a rough year last year. I liked cammalleri for what he did in the playoffs two years straight. He was hard to watch floating and was soft sometimes but Montreal could've got someone better than bourque in return. That trade was in the middle of game and right after his comments about the team the day before. Gauthier didn't even shop him around much the same as he did with Halak. I think there's a few teams that may have paid more had that idiot Gauthier been more patient

Old
12-29-2012, 08:59 AM
cyris
Global Moderator
The one who knocks!

vCash: 797
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cool Beans Man View Post
Correct me if I'm wrong, but Kaberle lead the Bruins defencemen in playoff scoring. Gotta count for something.
Kaberle lead defensemen in playoff scoring. Gets way too much flack for his play in those playoffs. He helped them win a cup, nothing they gave up is worth more than that.

cyris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-30-2012, 12:00 AM
AvsFan20
Bring back Downie

vCash: 125
Colby Cohen for Matt Hunwick.

I know Cohen hasn't really turned into anything special but it would be really, really nice to have Hunwick off of our roster.

Or...

Craig Anderson for Brian Elliott

It was probably hard for our management not to trade Anderson because from what we now know he probably wasn't going to be re-signed at the end of the season and he would have been lost to free agency, so I think our management had to take a gamble by acquiring Elliott so we at least got something from losing Anderson.

However, I think Anderson is a solid, and proven #1 NHL goalie. I'm sure after watching him for the last year and a half most Sens fans would agree. He's not overly flashy, but his positioning is sound, and his reflexes are very good as well. He gives your team a good chance to win every single start. Don't get me wrong I'm satisfied with our Varlamov/Giguere tandem but it would have been nice to just re-sign Anderson and keep our #1 pick.

AvsFan20 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-30-2012, 12:14 AM
OneSharpMarble

Quote:
Originally Posted by jayball75 View Post
Everybody was a having a rough year last year. I liked cammalleri for what he did in the playoffs two years straight. He was hard to watch floating and was soft sometimes but Montreal could've got someone better than bourque in return. That trade was in the middle of game and right after his comments about the team the day before. Gauthier didn't even shop him around much the same as he did with Halak. I think there's a few teams that may have paid more had that idiot Gauthier been more patient
After cammy stunk all year and started talking like a locker room cancer? Doubtful. Bourque wasn't the centrepiece anyways, the 2nd was.

Old
12-30-2012, 01:17 AM
McTank

Brad boyes for a 2nd, from BUF pov

McTank is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-30-2012, 01:20 AM
WTFetus

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cyris View Post
Kaberle lead defensemen in playoff scoring. Gets way too much flack for his play in those playoffs. He helped them win a cup, nothing they gave up is worth more than that.
No he didn't. He was tied with Seidenberg and Edler, and had less points than Ehrhoff and Boyle.

WTFetus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-30-2012, 06:52 AM
Monctonscout
Monctonscout

Quote:
Originally Posted by tfong View Post
Dion Phaneuf to Toronto.

Man....to think we could've gotten Giroux out of that instead...
Claude Giroux or Alex Giroux?

No way Phillie trades Giroux for Phaneuf with the way he was playing and his albatross contract.

Monctonscout is offline   Reply With Quote