HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk Trade rumors, transactions, and free agent talk. Rumors must contain the word RUMOR in post title. Proposals must contain the word PROPOSAL in post title.

S. Despres+D. Jeffrey+1st to your team

Old
12-27-2012, 12:16 PM
mstad101

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by penguins2946 View Post
HELL YES. I'd do that in a heart beat.
This would be a move Van makes when Edler expresses his desire to at least test the market after turning us down where I'd give him 5m cap hit if he signed the 7 years allowed.

The Pens have a strong D prospect pool and could try to grab a good player who can stay long term as well as be acquired for part of that pool.

Edler n Letang running a PP unit together would just be lethal. I'd like to see Bryz lose his **** more often in the Playoffs against the Pens.

mstad101 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-27-2012, 12:19 PM
penguins2946*

Quote:
Originally Posted by mstad101 View Post
This would be a move Van makes when Edler expresses his desire to at least test the market after turning us down where I'd give him 5m cap hit if he signed the 7 years allowed.

The Pens have a strong D prospect pool and could try to grab a good player who can stay long term as well as be acquired for part of that pool.

Edler n Letang running a PP unit together would just be lethal. I'd like to see Bryz lose his **** more often in the Playoffs against the Pens.
The comparison I got for Despres was Edler, so I would definitely do that. Long term at around $5 million a season is what I would do.

penguins2946* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-27-2012, 12:25 PM
mstad101

Quote:
The comparison I got for Despres was Edler, so I would definitely do that. Long term at around $5 million a season is what I would do.
Remember my deal is based off Eddie turning Vancouver down at that price. Which is why we would look to reload rather than lose for nothing.
Vancouver has added 3 left hand Dman at 4+ million in the last 3 seasons, while only having 2 right hand D on the roster. I know losing Eddie will hurt the offence but grabbing a solid prospect on D and an NHL ready forward who could play 3rd line center and a possible pick, that will make up for the loss.

Pitts runs away with this deal it they can ink Edler long term. Getting a proven point producing Dman for futures without ruining your pool is exactly what the Pens need after moving Michalek back to PHX.

mstad101 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-27-2012, 02:43 PM
Analyzer*

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by Morozov View Post
So wait, why the hell are we trading Despres?
When you have an abundance of something, you must trade.

Analyzer* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-27-2012, 02:46 PM
Dangles78

Quote:
Originally Posted by Analyzer View Post
Or...you know...we could just develop him a little more and slot him into our lineup next year since our defense is **** but people still insist on trading these D-prospects for Sid's perfect winger when putting the puck into the net isn't our problem.

The time will come to trade these assets, and it's not that time yet. I still believe Shero will use one of them to move up in the 2013 Draft and get someone real special.

Dangles78 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-27-2012, 03:07 PM
mpp9

We have the depth behind Despres to fill out our lineup nicely. Our team defense as a whole was ****. We have to alter the way we defend in our own zone rather than put a rookie next to Letang over a 10 year vet in Martin.

As for the "we don't have trouble putting the puck in the net". In playoff hockey, we were built to score with our center depth. There's a pretty big gap between Staal and Sutter offensively. The team is built around Sid/Geno from here on out, it's about time we surround them with proper talent.

Martin/Letang
Orpik/Niskanen

That's our top 4 next year. We have Strait/Bortuzzo/Dumoulin/Engelland/Morrow to fill things out from there.

mpp9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-27-2012, 03:18 PM
Dangles78

Quote:
Originally Posted by mpp9 View Post
We have the depth behind Despres to fill out our lineup nicely. Our team defense as a whole was ****. We have to alter the way we defend in our own zone rather than put a rookie next to Letang over a 10 year vet in Martin.

As for the "we don't have trouble putting the puck in the net". In playoff hockey, we were built to score with our center depth. There's a pretty big gap between Staal and Sutter offensively. The team is built around Sid/Geno from here on out, it's about time we surround them with proper talent.

Martin/Letang
Orpik/Niskanen

That's our top 4 next year. We have Strait/Bortuzzo/Dumoulin/Engelland/Morrow to fill things out from there.
Why would you want Martin playing top-pairing minutes/assignments? He'll fail/has failed in that situation and this forum will turn into an even bigger **** show.

If you want to trade Despres then trade for a defender that actually defends.

Matt Greene is still someone I'd love on this team.

A defensive lineup of

Martin-Letang
Orpik-Niskanen
Strait/Dumoulin-Engelland

won't do **** in the playoffs.

Old
12-27-2012, 04:12 PM
mpp9

Somehow I think Martin will play more like he did in the past. Orpik played like **** last year as well. And he's not someone most pens fans are in favor of moving. If Letang is indeed a Norris caliber defender, he can make do with a guy who played top pairing minutes for years.

Old
12-27-2012, 04:24 PM
Dangles78

I'm crossing my fingers you're right. Still want them to find a defensive stop gap for next year

Old
12-27-2012, 04:35 PM
wej20

Quote:
Despres doesn't have Edler's offensive ability.

wej20 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-27-2012, 04:36 PM
nmbr_24

To my team this probably isn't worth the same as to other teams.

Despres would be of interest, but Jeffrey and a 1st just aren't what they would be looking for. I am sure they wouldn't turn it down if they were clearly getting the better deal, but that isn't the point of this.

With that being said I think it could be the starting point for a deadline deal to acquire someone like Iginla if the Flames were going to rebuild and Iginla wanted to try for a Cup. Of course there has to be a season fiirst and I think the Pens have to be willing to adjust the deal, but I could see it happening.

nmbr_24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-27-2012, 04:50 PM
Saving Greiss
Trade Malkin???

Quote:
I hope you're being sarcastic.

Saving Greiss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-27-2012, 05:45 PM
BigBenSF*
Worst Behavior

Quote:
Originally Posted by nmbr_24 View Post
To my team this probably isn't worth the same as to other teams.

Despres would be of interest, but Jeffrey and a 1st just aren't what they would be looking for. I am sure they wouldn't turn it down if they were clearly getting the better deal, but that isn't the point of this.

With that being said I think it could be the starting point for a deadline deal to acquire someone like Iginla if the Flames were going to rebuild and Iginla wanted to try for a Cup. Of course there has to be a season fiirst and I think the Pens have to be willing to adjust the deal, but I could see it happening.
I could absolutely see a package like this going for Iggy come deadline time, but Calgary would probably get a lesser prospect like Maatta.

BigBenSF* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-27-2012, 06:00 PM
Roo Mad Bro
U havin a giggle m8?

Quote:
Originally Posted by mpp9 View Post
Somehow I think Martin will play more like he did in the past. Orpik played like **** last year as well. And he's not someone most pens fans are in favor of moving. If Letang is indeed a Norris caliber defender, he can make do with a guy who played top pairing minutes for years.
Doesn't really matter, because he always comes up small in the playoffs. He was complete **** against the Flyers in 2010 when he was with the Devils (2010 ECQF).

He might rebound in the regular season, but don't count on him in the playoffs. I was glad the Pens signed him.

Roo Mad Bro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-27-2012, 06:04 PM
mpp9

Quote:
Originally Posted by Roo Mad Bro View Post
Doesn't really matter, because he always comes up small in the playoffs. He was complete **** against the Flyers in 2010 when he was with the Devils (2010 ECQF).

He might rebound in the regular season, but don't count on him in the playoffs. I was glad the Pens signed him.
We'll see.

Old
12-27-2012, 07:37 PM
nmbr_24

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigBenSF View Post
I could absolutely see a package like this going for Iggy come deadline time, but Calgary would probably get a lesser prospect like Maatta.
I think it is a good start, but there will be a bunch of teams who would give up a 1st, a decent prospect and a mediocre player for Iginla. It is going to have to fit what they want so they would need to be flexible on at least one of the pieces going the other way. It is possible that the Flames want a forward prospect or a goaltender. Maybe Boston offers Malcom Subban, Jordan Caron and a 1st or New York offers JT Miller, Brian Boyle and a 1st. The point is that the Pens would have to tailer the offer to meet the needs of the Flames if they were to try and get Iginla.

nmbr_24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-27-2012, 09:17 PM
Morozov
The Devil Killer

Send a message via MSN to Morozov
Quote:
I'm not sure if you are serious or not?

Morozov is online now   Reply With Quote