HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Central Division > Chicago Blackhawks
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Official Bears Thread #13 - Bears 9-6 ,, Need win + Packers help for playoffs

Closed Thread

Old
12-27-2012, 02:59 PM
Cullksinikers

vCash: 500
I wish Calvin Johnson wasn't a Lion. He's an anti-Detroit guy playing in Detroit. Class act.

Old
12-27-2012, 03:00 PM
digdug41982

vCash: 50
What do you mean anti-Detroit guy? I must have missed an article or something, or are you just saying he is well spoken?

Old
12-27-2012, 03:03 PM
RayP
Registered Dad

Quote:
Originally Posted by coldsteelonice84 View Post
What do you mean anti-Detroit guy? I must have missed an article or something, or are you just saying he is well spoken?
Speaking of well spoken... Peppers, is not well spoken at all. Never really heard him talk before, but after the Cardinals game he couldn't have sounded like a bigger idiot.

Old
12-27-2012, 03:05 PM
Cullksinikers

Quote:
Originally Posted by coldsteelonice84 View Post
What I mean is that he is the opposite of what most Detroit players are about. I mentioned in the post he is a "class act." He is a well-spoken, soft-spoken, hard-working, and humble player. Most guys on Detroit are arrogant, ignorant, or dirty. He is just a great guy all around, and it's a shame he is on a team where most guys don't act respectful on and off the field like he does.

Old
12-27-2012, 03:06 PM
digdug41982

Quote:
Originally Posted by RayP View Post
Speaking of well spoken... Peppers, is not well spoken at all. Never really heard him talk before, but after the Cardinals game he couldn't have sounded like a bigger idiot.
Yeah, I noticed that too. I love watching Peppers play but I guess he showed why we rarely see him speak.

Old
12-27-2012, 03:09 PM
madgoat33

i really don't know what games you guys are watching if you don't recognize that suh is a top 3 player at his position...

Old
12-27-2012, 03:10 PM
Cullksinikers

Quote:
Originally Posted by madgoat33 View Post
i really don't know what games you guys are watching if you don't recognize that suh is a top 3 player at his position...
You can't be serious.

Old
12-27-2012, 03:11 PM
digdug41982

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cullksinikers View Post
What I mean is that he is the opposite of what most Detroit players are about. I mentioned in the post he is a "class act." He is a well-spoken, soft-spoken, hard-working, and humble player. Most guys on Detroit are arrogant, ignorant, or dirty. He is just a great guy all around, and it's a shame he is on a team where most guys don't act respectful on and off the field like he does.
Yeah, that's exactly what I thought you meant. I just wanted to make sure he didn't say something like "I love the Lions and the fans, but Detroit is a ****hole of a city" That would have been epic.

Old
12-27-2012, 03:12 PM
Cullksinikers

I will take Ngata, J. Smith, Atkins, and others over Suh any day.

Old
12-27-2012, 03:20 PM
MurrayBannerman
Machu Picchu Toews

vCash: 2660
Quote:
Smith is a 3-4 DE...

Old
12-27-2012, 03:22 PM
MurrayBannerman
Machu Picchu Toews

vCash: 2660
I'd take Ngata, Atkins and Wilfork over Suh though.

Old
12-27-2012, 03:22 PM
Cullksinikers

Quote:
Originally Posted by MurrayBannerman View Post
Smith is a 3-4 DE...
They move him around. He is not solely either.

Old
12-27-2012, 03:23 PM
Cullksinikers

Quote:
Wilfork is among my "others." Dude is a monster. So athletic for his size.

Last edited by Cullksinikers: 12-27-2012 at 03:39 PM.
Old
12-27-2012, 03:25 PM
Illinihockey

Quote:
Suh had a great rookie season and hasn't come close to duplicating that since.

Old
12-27-2012, 03:55 PM
Gootie
GOATie

Suh's a top 3 4-3 DT with Atkins and Melton IMO.

Vilfork, Ngata, Smith, etc all have different responsibilities and positions.

I was surprised to see Melton is one of the best DT's in run stop % this year. He's really taken strides forward in run D.

Old
12-27-2012, 03:56 PM
madgoat33

Quote:
ngata and wilfork both play in 3-4's a ton. and in wilfork's case, he's a nose tackle. The best at his position in the NFL, but a very different job than suh.

Quote:
Atkins is the only guy of those who plays in a comparable defense.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Illinihockey View Post
Suh had a great rookie season and hasn't come close to duplicating that since.
actually, he's having a very good year this year too. Second in the league in sacks at his position and has looked dominant for much of the year(for those who watch games and not just look at sack totals).

Here's a football outsiders link anyway: http://wp.advancednflstats.com/defenderstats.php?pos=DT

5th most valuable DT in the NFL. He's also smoking everyone in qb hits. 50% more than next closest guy(atkins).

Old
12-27-2012, 03:57 PM
Cullksinikers

Not usually news you would care about, but due to the circumstances, here's the Packers' injury report that might make a difference:

-Woodson is not going to play until the playoffs for sure, declared out
-Doesn't appear Nelson and Starks will return from injury
-Wilson, Green, Crabtree, and Worthy will likely return
-Sitton likely to play (recovering from concussion)
-Randall Cobb is looking iffy (ankle)

Old
12-27-2012, 03:59 PM
Cullksinikers

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gootie View Post
Suh's a top 3 4-3 DT with Atkins and Melton IMO.

Vilfork, Ngata, Smith, etc all have different responsibilities and positions.

I was surprised to see Melton is one of the best DT's in run stop % this year. He's really taken strides forward in run D.
Quote:
ngata and wilfork both play in 3-4's a ton. and in wilfork's case, he's a nose tackle. The best at his position in the NFL, but a very different job than suh.

Atkins is the only guy of those who plays in a comparable defense.

actually, he's having a very good year this year too. Second in the league in sacks at his position and has looked dominant for much of the year(for those who watch games and not just look at sack totals).

Here's a football outsiders link anyway: http://wp.advancednflstats.com/defenderstats.php?pos=DT

5th most valuable DT in the NFL. He's also smoking everyone in qb hits. 50% more than next closest guy(atkins).
Here's the problem, though: madgoat said that Suh was a top-three player at his position. Saying Suh is a top-three 4-3 DT is worth discussion. Saying he is a top-three DT overall is ridiculous. Saying he is the top-three at his position when you narrow the discussion to who plays the same system as he does is worth debating.

Old
12-27-2012, 04:01 PM
madgoat33

Quote:
Here's the problem, though: madgoat said that Suh was a top-three player at his position. Saying Suh is a top-three 4-3 DT is worth discussion. Saying he is a top-three DT overall is ridiculous. Saying he is the top-three at his position when you narrow the discussion to who plays the same system as he does is worth debating.
um not really. His position is dt in a 4-3. Comparing him to guys that line up at DE, DT, NT in a 3-4 is dumb. Its not the same thing at all.

And besides, even if we include 3-4 players, he's still certainly in the discussion for top 3 defensive tackle period.

Old
12-27-2012, 04:04 PM
Cullksinikers

Quote:
um not really. His position is dt in a 4-3. Comparing him to guys that line up at DE, DT, NT in a 3-4 is dumb. Its not the same thing at all.

And besides, even if we include 3-4 players, he's still certainly in the discussion for top 3 defensive tackle period.
As Illini said before, Suh isn't the same guy, making it not really a discussion. I know you love the Lions.

Old
12-27-2012, 04:14 PM
madgoat33

Quote:
As Illini said before, Suh isn't the same guy, making it not really a discussion. I know you love the Lions.
You guys are just haters. He's an ass for sure, but that doesn't mean he's not a great player. I posted the link and gave other stats to support my argument(5th in WPA this year, 7th last year), simply saying "he's not the same guy" doesn't make it true.

Old
12-27-2012, 04:16 PM
Cullksinikers

Quote:
You guys are just haters. He's an ass for sure, but that doesn't mean he's not a great player. I posted the link and gave other stats to support my argument, simply saying "he's not the same guy" doesn't make it true.
I do think he's an ass, but I do think he is a great player. The guys I mentioned and agreed with (Smith, Atkins, Ngata, and Wilfork) are elite. Suh is no longer at an elite level but is still a good player.

Old
12-27-2012, 04:18 PM
IU Hawks fan
They call me IU

Just realized the Vikes are in the late game. This blows!

Old
12-27-2012, 04:19 PM
Illinihockey

Quote:
You guys are just haters. He's an ass for sure, but that doesn't mean he's not a great player. I posted the link and gave other stats to support my argument(5th in WPA this year, 7th last year), simply saying "he's not the same guy" doesn't make it true.
Suh is a good player, but citing a stat that no one uses hardly proves his worth. Warren Sapp just had a big 2 minute rant he went on where he killed Suh for not being as good as he should be, writer from CBS called Suh the most overrated player in the NFL, Hub Arkish has called Suh overrated on a number of occasions citing how he can be disruptive one play and then totally blown off the line the next.

"When [Suh] hit this league, he was good," Sapp said in a recent interview on the Jim Rome radio show. "He was real disruptive [as a rookie], but his game hasn't changed. He hasn't evolved. He hasn't evolved as a pass rusher; he hasn't evolved where he can play both sides and become disruptive.

Old
12-27-2012, 04:19 PM
madgoat33

Quote:
I do think he's an ass, but I do think he is a great player. The guys I mentioned and agreed with (Smith, Atkins, Ngata, and Wilfork) are elite. Suh is no longer at an elite level but is still a good player.
And nothing backs you up except what you and illinihockey have said. Stats say you're wrong and the eye test says you're wrong. Second in TFL, second in sacks, first in qb hits, 5th in WPA. He's absolutely at an elite level.

Closed Thread