HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > Fantasy Hockey Talk > EA Sports NHL
EA Sports NHL Discussion forum for EA Sports NHL video games.

Prestige Worldwide (360) - BRUINS Available! - Need Reserves

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old
12-25-2012, 10:54 AM
  #251
ChuckWoods
Registered User
 
ChuckWoods's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Posts: 4,495
vCash: 500
Upon further review of the Be A GM Connected settings, there is no option to set "custom" settings.

Thus, we are going to have to go with a decision of; Normal, Default or Current.

I will be setting this next block to "current" to see if there may be a middle ground in terms of everyone liking the settings. If there is a middle ground, this would be the one as it feels nearly between the two others.

Feel free to post in here with your thoughts and opinions of this setting once the new block begins and you're able to get some games in with your opponents.


Last edited by ChuckWoods: 12-25-2012 at 11:25 AM.
ChuckWoods is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
12-25-2012, 01:00 PM
  #252
Das Boot
Jajajaja
 
Das Boot's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2010
Country: Canada
Posts: 659
vCash: 500
Montreal played my CPU.

Das Boot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-25-2012, 01:43 PM
  #253
ChuckWoods
Registered User
 
ChuckWoods's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Posts: 4,495
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vodkanator View Post
Montreal played my CPU.
Thanks for the heads up!

I will deal with this shortly!

ChuckWoods is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
12-25-2012, 04:41 PM
  #254
The High Pope
Registered User
 
Join Date: Dec 2012
Posts: 5
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by ChuckWoods View Post
Upon further review of the Be A GM Connected settings, there is no option to set "custom" settings.

Thus, we are going to have to go with a decision of; Normal, Default or Current.

I will be setting this next block to "current" to see if there may be a middle ground in terms of everyone liking the settings. If there is a middle ground, this would be the one as it feels nearly between the two others.

Feel free to post in here with your thoughts and opinions of this setting once the new block begins and you're able to get some games in with your opponents.
The play style is set to 'normal' in another league that I am in, and it proves to be much better than default. There are less injuries and less ridiculous hitting that occurs... I feel that it is much more realistic and fun to play on normal.

The High Pope is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-25-2012, 05:20 PM
  #255
ChuckWoods
Registered User
 
ChuckWoods's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Posts: 4,495
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by The High Pope View Post
The play style is set to 'normal' in another league that I am in, and it proves to be much better than default. There are less injuries and less ridiculous hitting that occurs... I feel that it is much more realistic and fun to play on normal.
Agreed.

As does the majority of the league.

I tested a few games out on "Current" as well, and have heard some feedback from others in regards to the "Current" setting, and the same dramatic hits have occurred and more in-game injuries seem to frequent.

I am not a fan of default due to the fact that the games end up being 6-5 with some rediculous hits and 100% passing/shooting accuracy assistance from the AI.

I think we'll keep this league at All-Star - "Normal". If anyone has a concern about this, please voice their opinion to myself or Jack via PM.

Also, I am currently advancing to the next playable block.


Last edited by ChuckWoods: 12-25-2012 at 05:25 PM.
ChuckWoods is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
12-25-2012, 05:32 PM
  #256
ChuckWoods
Registered User
 
ChuckWoods's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Posts: 4,495
vCash: 500
The advance has been completed.


Next advance will be on Friday, December 28th @ 8pm EST.

ChuckWoods is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
12-26-2012, 01:37 AM
  #257
JDinkalage Morgoone
U of South Flurrida
 
JDinkalage Morgoone's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: 308 Negra Arroyo Ln.
Country: Uzbekistan
Posts: 11,568
vCash: 50
I'd like to be on the waiting list please. I wanted to get in this but was too late.

__________________
"Help was not promised, lovely girl. Only death."
JDinkalage Morgoone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-26-2012, 08:41 AM
  #258
ChuckWoods
Registered User
 
ChuckWoods's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Posts: 4,495
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by JDinklage Morgoone View Post
I'd like to be on the waiting list please. I wanted to get in this but was too late.
I shall mark you down.

Thanks for posting!

ChuckWoods is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
12-26-2012, 12:59 PM
  #259
HughJazz3dg
Registered User
 
HughJazz3dg's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Posts: 1,053
vCash: 155
You can play my CPU, if I'm not on. I don't mind, but atleast check for me.

HughJazz3dg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-26-2012, 03:06 PM
  #260
JamieP505
Registered User
 
Join Date: Apr 2011
Posts: 32
vCash: 500
can i be put on the waiting list to

JamieP505 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-26-2012, 04:01 PM
  #261
ChuckWoods
Registered User
 
ChuckWoods's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Posts: 4,495
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by JamieP505 View Post
can i be put on the waiting list to
You may!

I have added you to the waiting list! We are going to be doing a bit of a clean up in terms of looking at GM's activity levels after this next block when most of our other GM's get back from their holiday trips!

Cheers.

ChuckWoods is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
12-27-2012, 09:21 AM
  #262
korndog81
Registered User
 
korndog81's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Location: Parry Sound
Country: Canada
Posts: 2,075
vCash: 500
Im still doing family stuff for a couple more days... Play my computer. NYI

korndog81 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-27-2012, 09:34 AM
  #263
Das Boot
Jajajaja
 
Das Boot's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2010
Country: Canada
Posts: 659
vCash: 500
Yeah if you guys want to play my CPU, go ahead. I'm busy and **** don't know if I'll have time to get my games in.

Das Boot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-27-2012, 09:56 AM
  #264
noexult
HFBoards Sponsor
 
noexult's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Location: Oslo
Country: Norway
Posts: 1,935
vCash: 500
No time to get any of my games in now, so go ahead and play my cpu.

noexult is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-27-2012, 11:35 AM
  #265
That Habs Fan
True Contenders.
 
That Habs Fan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2008
Location: Toronto
Country: Canada
Posts: 5,503
vCash: 400
will be on most of the night tonight. also sending out PMs but just thought I'd drop a message in here.

also shopping Plekanec, Eller or Desharnais + for a true number 1 center.

That Habs Fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-27-2012, 01:28 PM
  #266
Jack de la Hoya
Registered User
 
Jack de la Hoya's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Location: Texas
Country: United States
Posts: 12,795
vCash: 500
will be back and online tonight.

Jack de la Hoya is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-27-2012, 02:21 PM
  #267
matt1396
Registered User
 
matt1396's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Location: Toronto
Country: Canada
Posts: 3,094
vCash: 500
How do you guys in the west survive against Lund? I mean he uses the poke check a lot, I like that he does cycle the puck, but I hate how much he uses that god damn poke check.

matt1396 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
12-27-2012, 02:32 PM
  #268
TheLund
Registered User
 
Join Date: Sep 2012
Posts: 248
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by matt1396 View Post
How do you guys in the west survive against Lund? I mean he uses the poke check a lot, I like that he does cycle the puck, but I hate how much he uses that god damn poke check.
I use poke check when its necessary.

TheLund is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
12-27-2012, 03:19 PM
  #269
ThePsychicSaw
Registered User
 
ThePsychicSaw's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Posts: 992
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by matt1396 View Post
How do you guys in the west survive against Lund? I mean he uses the poke check a lot, I like that he does cycle the puck, but I hate how much he uses that god damn poke check.
you must be thinking of boots

ThePsychicSaw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-27-2012, 04:10 PM
  #270
matt1396
Registered User
 
matt1396's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Location: Toronto
Country: Canada
Posts: 3,094
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheLund View Post
I use poke check when its necessary.
yes, but the rate you use it at is ridiculous. All I saw from you was the poke check, you did try hitting a couple times, but i'd say that you went for the poke check 95% of the time and it worked a good 90% of the time.

matt1396 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
12-27-2012, 05:05 PM
  #271
ChuckWoods
Registered User
 
ChuckWoods's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Posts: 4,495
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by matt1396 View Post
yes, but the rate you use it at is ridiculous. All I saw from you was the poke check, you did try hitting a couple times, but i'd say that you went for the poke check 95% of the time and it worked a good 90% of the time.
Can you blame a guy for using a poke check when he is good with it? You're saying you want him to body check more? Why would he do that when most people use LB to just jump around the body check.

Why would he risk putting himself out of position when poke check is a great tool to use to break up a play and create good gap control?

You could just assume he's going to use the poke check and give yourself ample amount of space to create a play and use the skill stick to avoid such an issue.

Everyone just needs to stop whining. Its ridiculous.

ChuckWoods is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
12-27-2012, 05:06 PM
  #272
ChuckWoods
Registered User
 
ChuckWoods's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Posts: 4,495
vCash: 500
On another note;

Our new Sharks GM has been added. Welcome LEFTY!

Feel free to message him on xbox live when you need to get your games in, as he's very active on his xbox.

ChuckWoods is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
12-27-2012, 05:28 PM
  #273
ThePsychicSaw
Registered User
 
ThePsychicSaw's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Posts: 992
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by ChuckWoods View Post
Can you blame a guy for using a poke check when he is good with it? You're saying you want him to body check more? Why would he do that when most people use LB to just jump around the body check.

Why would he risk putting himself out of position when poke check is a great tool to use to break up a play and create good gap control?

You could just assume he's going to use the poke check and give yourself ample amount of space to create a play and use the skill stick to avoid such an issue.

Everyone just needs to stop whining. Its ridiculous.
Don't know if thats the best approach. I know lund, he's the best player I've played against, by far, in any league. He tries to outplay his opponents for wins, I respect that. But if someone has a valid concern they should be able to voice it in hopes of keeping a league with integrity going.

Not to beat a dead rotting decrepit horse here, but who knows, maybe Lund's gameplay has changed due to these settings. Pokes are much more overpowered, easier to spam without getting called, and even can alter your players speed/animations/positioning. Which I've been trying to get a grasp of to perfect and comment on their cheesiness in this game mode. Referring to chops here

either way, KISSESSSS

ThePsychicSaw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-27-2012, 05:49 PM
  #274
matt1396
Registered User
 
matt1396's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Location: Toronto
Country: Canada
Posts: 3,094
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by ThePsychicSaw View Post
Don't know if thats the best approach. I know lund, he's the best player I've played against, by far, in any league. He tries to outplay his opponents for wins, I respect that. But if someone has a valid concern they should be able to voice it in hopes of keeping a league with integrity going.

Not to beat a dead rotting decrepit horse here, but who knows, maybe Lund's gameplay has changed due to these settings. Pokes are much more overpowered, easier to spam without getting called, and even can alter your players speed/animations/positioning. Which I've been trying to get a grasp of to perfect and comment on their cheesiness in this game mode. Referring to chops here

either way, KISSESSSS
The thing is there not overpowered on this setting so don't blame it on that. Lund is a very good player, I just didn't like the rate he was using it at that's all.

matt1396 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
12-27-2012, 05:49 PM
  #275
matt1396
Registered User
 
matt1396's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Location: Toronto
Country: Canada
Posts: 3,094
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by ChuckWoods View Post
Can you blame a guy for using a poke check when he is good with it? You're saying you want him to body check more? Why would he do that when most people use LB to just jump around the body check.

Why would he risk putting himself out of position when poke check is a great tool to use to break up a play and create good gap control?

You could just assume he's going to use the poke check and give yourself ample amount of space to create a play and use the skill stick to avoid such an issue.

Everyone just needs to stop whining. Its ridiculous.
If you call using the poke check the majority of the game being good at it, then I guess that is my new strategy.

matt1396 is online now   Reply With Quote
Reply

Forum Jump


Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 11:14 PM.

monitoring_string = "e4251c93e2ba248d29da988d93bf5144"
Contact Us - HFBoards - Archive - Privacy Statement - Terms of Use - Advertise - Top - AdChoices

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. 2014 All Rights Reserved.