HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Central Division > Colorado Avalanche
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

The 2013 NHL Entry Draft

View Poll Results: What type of player should we draft?
Powerforward [Centre/Winger] 10 5.92%
Two-Way Forward 1 0.59%
Playmaking Centre 8 4.73%
Goalscoring Winger 64 37.87%
Defensive-Defenseman 16 9.47%
Offensive-Defenseman 10 5.92%
Two-Way Defenseman 47 27.81%
Goaler 0 0%
Trade our 1st for an upgrade 4 2.37%
Other [Smallish Character Centres] 9 5.33%
Voters: 169. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old
11-20-2012, 06:02 AM
skip2mybordeleau
Expected Regression

vCash: 50
would love klimchuk in the second, best thing out of regina since eberle imo, that's including weal, depends where we are picking though, but the way the avs draft we usually make a pick that management seems to like more than the skill basis, aside from high draft picks.

Old
11-20-2012, 01:37 PM
R S
Renegade Stylings

vCash: 4250
Quote:
Originally Posted by S E P H View Post
I would prefer Jones over MacKinnon, but both players would be awesome to have.

Actually I think I like Barkov more than MacKinnon, IMO.

Also if Drouin isn't available around 7-15 I really suggest picking, Nichushkin. This kid is still a bit raw, but damn I think his potential is a top 4 pick.

@RS: Greg Chase for our 2nd rounder.
That's too early. I would say more like 4th rounder.

Old
11-21-2012, 10:45 AM
S E P H
@Krzysztof_WHL

Quote:
Originally Posted by Renegade Stylings View Post
That's too early. I would say more like 4th rounder.
4th rounder? I have him as a 2nd currently.

Old
11-21-2012, 11:18 AM
R S
Renegade Stylings

vCash: 4250
Quote:
4th rounder? I have him as a 2nd currently.
Agree to disagree

Old
11-27-2012, 05:59 PM
Glasscog

vCash: 500
Who is another swede projected to go in the first round besides lindholm?
I forgot about Alexander Wennberg.

Last edited by Glasscog: 11-27-2012 at 06:14 PM.
Old
11-27-2012, 08:54 PM
S E P H
@Krzysztof_WHL

A lot more,

De la Rose
Andre Burakovsky
Hagg
Sörensen
Arnesson
Wennberg

Are all players who have a chance for a 1st round selection. Also Crus-Rydberg could be included, but has fallen since summer.

Also this draft is looking really strong for Finnish players, so JF will be very happy.

Old
11-27-2012, 11:51 PM
Glasscog

Quote:
A lot more,

De la Rose
Andre Burakovsky
Hagg
Sörensen
Arnesson
Wennberg

Are all players who have a chance for a 1st round selection. Also Crus-Rydberg could be included, but has fallen since summer.

Also this draft is looking really strong for Finnish players, so JF will be very happy.
I just want another top end swede on our team, I don't know much about Nermark. I like Wennberg only from watching Landeskog.

Old
12-06-2012, 04:05 PM
Freaky Styley

For hypothetical purposes, if we end up with a high pick and draft MacKinnon or Lindholm, does trading Duchene become a real possibility?

With one of those guys in the system, we already replace the 'game breaker' talent that Duchene brings to his team. Of our 3 centers, not only is he our most inconsistent, but also the one who will be able to net the most in the trade market. Obviously he would be traded for a defenseman of some regard, and if we could package him and another D we could get a 3rd line C for next season (to let the above picks have time to develop).

Say something like,

To Colorado:
Kulikov
Goc

To Florida:
Duchene
O'Brien/Zanon

Could really help both teams now and in the future.. of course this is all hypothetical.

Old
12-06-2012, 04:10 PM
Lonewolfe2015

vCash: 239
Doubt it, but I guess it becomes a more than impossible possibility (figure that one out). If we got MacKinnon I'd honestly convert Duchy to wing full-time. But we'd probably let Stastny go instead or trade him, sadly.

I'd rather get Drouin than MacKinnon personally. Not just the fact he is a winger, but he's so darn impressive.

Old
12-06-2012, 05:19 PM
Freaky Styley

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lonewolfe2015 View Post
Doubt it, but I guess it becomes a more than impossible possibility (figure that one out). If we got MacKinnon I'd honestly convert Duchy to wing full-time. But we'd probably let Stastny go instead or trade him, sadly.

I'd rather get Drouin than MacKinnon personally. Not just the fact he is a winger, but he's so darn impressive.
I'm with you on the Drouin train, that's who I want to end up with. He reminds me of Giroux.

Old
12-06-2012, 09:20 PM
S E P H
@Krzysztof_WHL

MacKinnon has been better of late, but he still has NOT impressed me like the last two (RNH, Yakupov) #1 picks were in juniors.

Old
12-06-2012, 11:56 PM
Duchene2MacKinnon
BELIEVE

vCash: 250
Quote:

Wouldn't the avs push the rookie to the wing position? Nah, that makes too much sense. Although I do agree that if the do feel Nathan's the bpa then Stastny should be traded.

Although, from what bender has said about Mackinnon, I'd rather have Jones or Barkov.

Old
12-07-2012, 10:31 AM
Lonewolfe2015

Any QMJHL watchers? Was curious if people thought Sanche would be a worthy later pick.

http://theqmjhl.ca/roster/show/id/9924

He caught my eye in the Drummondville game with a wicked shot that he scored on. Pretty undersized, but he looks to be putting up a decent amount of points.

Old
12-12-2012, 01:22 PM
Freaky Styley

Ok, so with a full year lockout looking like a real possibility does anyone here know the formula to finding out in what range we will pick? I know it has something to do with not making the playoffs and recent finishes, so I assume our pick will most likely be around the top 10 if we go by the lottery odds? Just trying to gauge who we could have a shot at, or if it is a complete crap shoot.

Old
12-12-2012, 02:07 PM
The Infamous Tank
Franklinator Maker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Freaky Styley View Post
Ok, so with a full year lockout looking like a real possibility does anyone here know the formula to finding out in what range we will pick? I know it has something to do with not making the playoffs and recent finishes, so I assume our pick will most likely be around the top 10 if we go by the lottery odds? Just trying to gauge who we could have a shot at, or if it is a complete crap shoot.
http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/sh....php?t=1244645

This thread has the number of balls everyone gets if they use the same rules as last time. Also somewhere in there is a website you can use to make your own results.

Old
12-27-2012, 06:27 PM
Lonewolfe2015

Saw a picture of Seth Jones in an Avs jersey as a kid, said he became a hockey player because Sakic told his dad how to get him involved in hockey, specifically to learn how to skate before playing.

Is he as good as ours yet?

Old
12-27-2012, 08:51 PM
Foppa2118

Quote:

I don't know about Drouin over MacKinnon, but I wouldn't mind Drouin on the Avs at all. I have an issue with the Avs going for smaller forwards usually, but Drouin seems to have a a very low center of gravity, and good balance to go along with being very elusive.

Him and Barkov are who I'd like to see the Avs somehow get at this point. Barkov seems like he would fit right in on Dutchie's LW.

Barkov/Drouin-Duchene-PAP
Lando-O'Reilly-Downie
McGinn-Stastny-Jones

Old
12-27-2012, 11:11 PM
S E P H
@Krzysztof_WHL

Besides Jones, I think Barkov is the player I want and seems like his game style fits the Avs scouting staff perfectly......well besides being over 6'1".

Old
12-27-2012, 11:51 PM
Foppa2118

Quote:
Besides Jones, I think Barkov is the player I want and seems like his game style fits the Avs scouting staff perfectly......well besides being over 6'1".
See for me, and I kinda touched on this somewhere else here, I'd much rather take a forward than Jones. There just seems to be the next Pronger in the top three of every draft lately and it's so hard to tell if they'll be able to reach the level hoped for both offensively and defensively to justify that label, and you'll have to give it 10 years to find out for sure.

Plus he's a righty and at the point of the rebuild the Avs are in, I feel they have to build around EJ defensively. I know that's need based, but since there's so much uncertainty over a defenseman, and they need a lefty top pairing guy, and the forwards look so promising, it just makes more sense to go with them if the Avs have a top pick. Even if that means they do miss out on the next Pronger.

It's just a better bet IMO. I'd rather take a chance on a forward with the hope he can be a top line winger or Stastny replacement if they let him go, that turns out to be a second line winger, than a D you hope is a top pair stud, that turns out to be a solid second pairing guy or complimentary first pairing guy. Especially with the Avs current makeup.

If he slips past five or so and Drouin and the like are gone, that's another story. I feel like Drouin won't get taken till 8 or so though anyway. He'll have the Jeff Skinner slip.

Last edited by Foppa2118: 12-28-2012 at 12:15 AM.
Old
12-28-2012, 12:08 AM
SoundwaveIsCharisma

Send a message via AIM to SoundwaveIsCharisma
Quote:
Barkov definitely seems like the type of player the Avs would like, good two-way player with high hockey IQ.

I really hope the Avs end up with a top-10 pick if there is a lottery, if there is a season...well, I'd like the Avs to have the 30th.

Old
12-28-2012, 06:27 AM
Lonewolfe2015

Quote:
Originally Posted by Foppa2118 View Post
Plus he's a righty and at the point of the rebuild the Avs are in, I feel they have to build around EJ defensively. I know that's need based, but since there's so much uncertainty over a defenseman, and they need a lefty top pairing guy, and the forwards look so promising, it just makes more sense to go with them if the Avs have a top pick. Even if that means they do miss out on the next Pronger.
Doesn't Jones play the left side though? I have no problem with a right-handed left side playing top pairing defender, but they need to be comfortable playing that way already. EJ sucks on the left side for instance.

As for the other discussions, we'd of course be lucky to get one of Jones, Drouin or Barkov... but I still want Jones the most. I would not be at all upset with Drouin or Barkov, specifically Drouin since I like him the most of any forwards in the draft. He's such a strong shooter that he would solve most of our problems and round out our top 9 going forward.

Old
12-28-2012, 08:33 AM
skip2mybordeleau
Expected Regression

jones is ridiculous , number one for sure, i'd take drouin over barkov or mackinnon.

Old
12-28-2012, 09:26 AM
Duchene2MacKinnon
BELIEVE

Quote:
Originally Posted by Connolly2Duchene View Post
jones is ridiculous , number one for sure, i'd take drouin over barkov or mackinnon.
Only time I've noticed Jones, is when he's coughing the puck up. Haven't been impressed at all.

Old
12-28-2012, 10:35 AM
Duchene2MacKinnon
BELIEVE

Russia vs USA just finished. Nichuskin was probably the best skater, his line centered by Tkachyov and RW Kosov was dominant. Tkachyov looked real, he's a 2013 draftee as well wouldn't mind the avs looking at both Nichu and Tkacyov but we don't draft Russians.

Yakupov and Jones were both utter trash. One was just frustrated and wanted to score and the other guy was just plain bad. He had 3 atrocious give aways and Nichu made his ***** on the GWG, to top it off he was caught out of position to give the Russians a breakaway late in the game but Gibson bailed him out.

Hey, SEPH do you know anything about Tkacyov, like were he's projected to go?

Old
12-28-2012, 10:39 AM
skip2mybordeleau
Expected Regression

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ronaldo View Post
Only time I've noticed Jones, is when he's coughing the puck up. Haven't been impressed at all.
he had a good 1st period, and was very good against germany.

Closed Thread