HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

3rd Line

Old
06-06-2006, 10:52 AM
hab

vCash: 500
3rd Line

What do you guys think of a third line with

Plekanek Begin Greir

buffalo has a large number of forwards, and is unlikely to sign Greir, and although

he is known more for hitting a defence, he has been a 20 goal scorer in the past.

Could be a very solid all around line, and Greir should come at a reasonable price

considering he had a off year point wise, good pickup, or no...

hab is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-06-2006, 11:23 AM
Habs 4 Life
No Excuses

vCash: 256
Grier will stay in Buffalo or sign somewhere else not Montreal

Begin should stay on the 4th line, the "Energie" Line.

My 3rd line would be..

UFA(Langenbrunner) Plekanec- Perezhogin

Habs 4 Life is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-06-2006, 11:33 AM
Jakomyte

Quote:
Originally Posted by Habs 4 Life
Grier will stay in Buffalo or sign somewhere else not Montreal

Begin should stay on the 4th line, the "Energie" Line.

My 3rd line would be..

UFA(Langenbrunner) Plekanec- Perezhogin
... maybe a prospect will join Plekanec & Perezhogin on that line instead of a UFA
... Grabovsky or Kostitsyn?

In that case, I would expect an UFA to be added to the 2nd line LW

Jakomyte is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-06-2006, 11:38 AM
Habs 4 Life
No Excuses

vCash: 256
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jakomyte
... maybe a prospect will join Plekanec & Perezhogin on that line instead of a UFA
... Grabovsky or Kostitsyn?

In that case, I would expect an UFA to be added to the 2nd line LW
Possible,but it will depend who is available.If we pick up a good 2nd line player,chance are it's done via a trade

Habs 4 Life is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-06-2006, 11:39 AM
Qui Gon Dave

Personally, I'd still like to see Higgins on the 3rd line next year. This isn't a knock about any supposed offensive potential (or lack of) or consistency, but he has all the abilities to be a good 3rd line player (in the traditional sense, shut down type guy, hard worker) but he would also bring some offensive ability as well. And if Plekanec plays 3rd line C next year, these two guys have years of experience playing hockey together, it would just be a matter of finding a guy to fill out the last spot on that line. This would vacate the spot Higgins had alongside Koivu this past year which I'd like to see go to either Perezhogin or Kostitsyn. Give them the spot on the 'offense' lines becuase that is what we want from them (amongst other things) and let Higgins fill a different role but one that still utilizes his abilities.

Top six could be Koivu, Kovalev, Ryder, Pez, Kostitsyn, Ribs (or UFA/trade centre)

3rd line Higgins, Pleks, Bonk/Begin/UFA

4th line Murray, Bonk/Begin, Ferland/Lapierre/Downey

Top two lines have some experience and a lot of youth, but gives the big minutes to a/ the vets that deserve them and b/ the kids that we hope will have them for years to come. 3rd line has good young players who can play both sides of the puck and play with some pace. 4th line, mixture of kids, energy guys and a little experience. I know this plays to the supposed traditional way of building a team (lines 1 + 2 scorers, line 3 shutdown, line 4 energy) and Guy may want to try and form 4 balanced lines but this is all just for example. Anyone else thinking along these lines for what we will see next year?

Qui Gon Dave is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-06-2006, 01:05 PM
toshiro
HFBoards Sponsor

Send a message via Yahoo to toshiro
Quote:
Originally Posted by Qui Gon Dave
Personally, I'd still like to see Higgins on the 3rd line next year. This isn't a knock about any supposed offensive potential (or lack of) or consistency, but he has all the abilities to be a good 3rd line player (in the traditional sense, shut down type guy, hard worker) but he would also bring some offensive ability as well. And if Plekanec plays 3rd line C next year, these two guys have years of experience playing hockey together, it would just be a matter of finding a guy to fill out the last spot on that line. This would vacate the spot Higgins had alongside Koivu this past year which I'd like to see go to either Perezhogin or Kostitsyn. Give them the spot on the 'offense' lines becuase that is what we want from them (amongst other things) and let Higgins fill a different role but one that still utilizes his abilities.

Top six could be Koivu, Kovalev, Ryder, Pez, Kostitsyn, Ribs (or UFA/trade centre)

Higgins is great with a playmaker and with rebounds and can be the defensive conscience of the line.

Top two lines have some experience and a lot of youth, but gives the big minutes to a/ the vets that deserve them and b/ the kids that we hope will have them for years to come. 3rd line has good young players who can play both sides of the puck and play with some pace. 4th line, mixture of kids, energy guys and a little experience. I know this plays to the supposed traditional way of building a team (lines 1 + 2 scorers, line 3 shutdown, line 4 energy) and Guy may want to try and form 4 balanced lines but this is all just for example. Anyone else thinking along these lines for what we will see next year?

toshiro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-06-2006, 02:06 PM
Hab at it

Quote:
Originally Posted by Qui Gon Dave

I like your idea about Higgins on the third and have mentioned it before. Personally, I know it's impossible, but I'd like to see us get Elias then we'd have a top line of:

Elias - Koivu - Ryder
Kostitsyn - Ribs/UFA/Trade - Kovalev
Higgins - Plekanec - Perezhogin
Begin - Bonk - Murray

Hab at it is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-06-2006, 03:19 PM
habitue*

For me, a real fourth line is something like: Downey-Murray-Lapierre or Ferland.

Bégin with his skills and passion is a perfect third line asset. He can play any of the forward positions and be an effective PK on top of that.

Bégin-Bonk will still play on that third (checking line) next year. Langenbrunner would be an awesome addition on the right wing. If it's not possible, Sean Donovan could be a possibility.

habitue* is offline   Reply With Quote