HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk Trade rumors, transactions, and free agent talk. Rumors must use the RUMOR prefix in thread title. Proposals must contain the PROPOSAL prefix in the thread title.

Michael Sauer

Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools
Old
12-27-2012, 11:37 PM
  #101
virothepyro
#lydia2012
 
virothepyro's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Posts: 1,385
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Championship View Post
You claimed to watch him in 30-40 games LAST YEAR, when he only played 19. Forgive us if we don't trust you here...
you may want to look back champ i said i watched 30-40 rangers games and from what i saw when he played i wasn't impressed to the point of thinking he was anything more then a #5 dman


i bolded the key part for you to help with understanding

virothepyro is offline  
Old
12-27-2012, 11:37 PM
  #102
Dr. Ogrodnick
Registered User
 
Dr. Ogrodnick's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Posts: 1,655
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by virothepyro View Post
doesn't really change the fact the from the games of his i saw and from his icetime stats he was used like a third pairing defenceman, yet from some posts you would think he was the messiah
Sauer averaged 18:43 of ice time in his 19 games last season, with no power play time. That put him solidly 4th of the guys dressed when you figure Staal was out the entire time Sauer was healthy. The year before he was paired with Del Zotto on the second pair then Mcdonagh. At the end of the season Mccabe was brought over averaging more ice time, but Sauer was always a 2nd pairing guy.

Look he'll never be an all star or light the lamp scoring, but when healthy he's physical and makes the smart play in the zone.

Dr. Ogrodnick is offline  
Old
12-27-2012, 11:38 PM
  #103
LatvianTwist
Global Moderator
 
LatvianTwist's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Location: Texas A&M
Country: Latvia
Posts: 24,111
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Championship View Post
Which was my point.
Then why did you say anything...?

LatvianTwist is online now  
Old
12-27-2012, 11:39 PM
  #104
Championship*
#Joel&Ellie
 
Join Date: Dec 2012
Posts: 3,499
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by virothepyro View Post
you may want to look back champ i said i watched 30-40 rangers games and from what i saw when he played i wasn't impressed to the point of thinking he was anything more then a #5 dman


i bolded the key part for you to help with understanding
So it's entirely possible you might have only seen him play as much as ONCE. Great sample set.

Championship* is offline  
Old
12-27-2012, 11:40 PM
  #105
Avs44
Registered User
 
Avs44's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2011
Country: United States
Posts: 9,347
vCash: 380
Quote:
Originally Posted by Championship View Post
Which was my point.
Umm...so why did you say what you did? He watched 30-40 Ranger games, some of which Sauer played in. He never said Sauer played 30-40 games. What is so tough about this for you?

Avs44 is offline  
Old
12-27-2012, 11:41 PM
  #106
KesselLooksLikeRadar*
The People's Champ
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Location: Ottawa
Country: Canada
Posts: 4,600
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Championship View Post
So it's entirely possible you might have only seen him play as much as ONCE. Great sample set.
At the same time, it's entirely possible he saw him play 19 times. That is a great sample size, considering that is 100 percent of his games.

KesselLooksLikeRadar* is offline  
Old
12-27-2012, 11:41 PM
  #107
Championship*
#Joel&Ellie
 
Join Date: Dec 2012
Posts: 3,499
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Avs44 View Post
Umm...so why did you say what you did? He watched 30-40 Ranger games, some of which Sauer played in. He never said Sauer played 30-40 games. What is so tough about this for you?
Because the way it was written made it seem like he observed him for all those games. I wasn't the only who picked up on it.

Championship* is offline  
Old
12-27-2012, 11:43 PM
  #108
LatvianTwist
Global Moderator
 
LatvianTwist's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Location: Texas A&M
Country: Latvia
Posts: 24,111
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Championship View Post
Because the way it was written made it seem like he observed him for all those games. I wasn't the only who picked up on it.
You actually were, the others noticed their mistake though.

LatvianTwist is online now  
Old
12-27-2012, 11:43 PM
  #109
Dr. Ogrodnick
Registered User
 
Dr. Ogrodnick's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Posts: 1,655
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Avs44 View Post
Umm...so why did you say what you did? He watched 30-40 Ranger games, some of which Sauer played in. He never said Sauer played 30-40 games. What is so tough about this for you?
Well, if he watched half of the Rangers games, and Sauer played in only 19 all season, it stands to reason that he only caught 9 or 10 of Sauer's games. Sauer isn't a flashy defenseman either, he's usually not going to stand out in an offensive way. But somehow that seems to have more weight than the opinion of Rangers fans who saw almost all of his games the last 2 seasons and the actual ice time stats....

Dr. Ogrodnick is offline  
Old
12-27-2012, 11:44 PM
  #110
KesselLooksLikeRadar*
The People's Champ
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Location: Ottawa
Country: Canada
Posts: 4,600
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Championship View Post
Because the way it was written made it seem like he observed him for all those games. I wasn't the only who picked up on it.
How many times do I have to call you out on this? A reading comprehension failure by you and another individual doesn't somehow make it right. You got it wrong, and other people who interpreted that as such were also wrong. Just get over it, and back on topic. You were wrong, it was his opinion, and the majority agreed with his opinion. What more do you need?

KesselLooksLikeRadar* is offline  
Old
12-27-2012, 11:48 PM
  #111
virothepyro
#lydia2012
 
virothepyro's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Posts: 1,385
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by KesselLooksLikeRadar View Post
At the same time, it's entirely possible he saw him play 19 times. That is a great sample size, considering that is 100 percent of his games.
i would say i saw him play in around 15 games so about of his time in the nhl since i watch alot of east coast teams, even for a nonflashy dman i just expect a top 4 guy to show more then just good physical edge and a good first pass

in the rangers divison alone there is Engelland who is physical and has a good first pass yet noone would argue that he is a top 4 defenceman.

virothepyro is offline  
Old
12-27-2012, 11:49 PM
  #112
KesselLooksLikeRadar*
The People's Champ
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Location: Ottawa
Country: Canada
Posts: 4,600
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr. Ogrodnick View Post
Well, if he watched half of the Rangers games, and Sauer played in only 19 all season, it stands to reason that he only caught 9 or 10 of Sauer's games. Sauer isn't a flashy defenseman either, he's usually not going to stand out in an offensive way. But somehow that seems to have more weight than the opinion of Rangers fans who saw almost all of his games the last 2 seasons and the actual ice time stats....
Sauer's games were played between the dates of October 7th - December 5th. It would stand to reason then that he probably saw all/nearly all the games, and considering he is not a Rangers fan, such as yourself, he does not have any pre-conceived bias that you may have. I would trust the opinion of a third party rather than the fan of a team any day of the week.

KesselLooksLikeRadar* is offline  
Old
12-27-2012, 11:50 PM
  #113
Championship*
#Joel&Ellie
 
Join Date: Dec 2012
Posts: 3,499
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by KesselLooksLikeRadar View Post
How many times do I have to call you out on this? A reading comprehension failure by you and another individual doesn't somehow make it right. You got it wrong, and other people who interpreted that as such were also wrong. Just get over it, and back on topic. You were wrong, it was his opinion, and the majority agreed with his opinion. What more do you need?
Not really.

If I were to say "I've watched 30-40 leafs games last year and I gotta say, Nazem Kadri doesn't look like anything more than a 4th liner", would you assume that of the 30-40 games I watched, that included ALL 21 games he played with the leafs last year?

What are the chances he ACTUALLY watched all 19 games that Sauer played in last year? Slim to none.

Championship* is offline  
Old
12-27-2012, 11:52 PM
  #114
Championship*
#Joel&Ellie
 
Join Date: Dec 2012
Posts: 3,499
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by virothepyro View Post
i would say i saw him play in around 15 games so
Quote:
about of his time in the nhl
So you admit you didn't watch all 19 games he played in last year, correct?

Championship* is offline  
Old
12-27-2012, 11:54 PM
  #115
Intense Rage
Registered User
 
Intense Rage's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2012
Country: Canada
Posts: 2,213
vCash: 500
Sauer when healthy is a 2nd pairing defenseman.

When on the 2nd pairing and on his game, Sauer is a top pairing defenseman.

When on the top pairing, Sauer is a Norris caliber defenseman.

When Sauer is playing as a Norris caliber defenseman, he has the ability to win the Norris trophy for best defenseman in the league.

For those confused I have highlighted the gist of my post. Thank you for reading.

Intense Rage is offline  
Old
12-27-2012, 11:54 PM
  #116
virothepyro
#lydia2012
 
virothepyro's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Posts: 1,385
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Championship View Post
So you admit you didn't watch all 19 games he played in last year, correct?
that is normally what i saw him play in about 15 games means

virothepyro is offline  
Old
12-27-2012, 11:55 PM
  #117
Championship*
#Joel&Ellie
 
Join Date: Dec 2012
Posts: 3,499
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by virothepyro View Post
that is normally what i saw him play in about 15 games means
Then why did you say

"about his time in the NHL"

?

Championship* is offline  
Old
12-27-2012, 11:55 PM
  #118
Dr. Ogrodnick
Registered User
 
Dr. Ogrodnick's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Posts: 1,655
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by KesselLooksLikeRadar View Post
Sauer's games were played between the dates of October 7th - December 5th. It would stand to reason then that he probably saw all/nearly all the games, and considering he is not a Rangers fan, such as yourself, he does not have any pre-conceived bias that you may have. I would trust the opinion of a third party rather than the fan of a team any day of the week.
Why would that stand to reason? He didn't specify when he saw those games. It could have just as easily been that he saw more games the 2nd half of the season, when it became more apparent that the Rangers were a contender. Besides, the average ice time places hism as a 2nd pairing guy on the Rangers, yet people keep trying to say they used him on the 3rd pair. You can dismiss my opinion, but you can't dismiss the ice time.

Dr. Ogrodnick is offline  
Old
12-27-2012, 11:56 PM
  #119
Avs44
Registered User
 
Avs44's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2011
Country: United States
Posts: 9,347
vCash: 380
Quote:
Originally Posted by Championship View Post
So you admit you didn't watch all 19 games he played in last year, correct?
So he saw 15 of his 19. I would say he has a very good, unbiased opinion on Sauer.

Avs44 is offline  
Old
12-27-2012, 11:56 PM
  #120
virothepyro
#lydia2012
 
virothepyro's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Posts: 1,385
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Championship View Post
Then why did you say

"about his time in the NHL"

?
i was going to give the % that would be but didn't go back to it, that part of that post should be changed

virothepyro is offline  
Old
12-27-2012, 11:58 PM
  #121
Championship*
#Joel&Ellie
 
Join Date: Dec 2012
Posts: 3,499
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Avs44 View Post
So he saw 15 of his 19. I would say he has a very good, unbiased opinion on Sauer.
Which 15? 15 straight? 15 in his first season? 15 of the 19 he played in season 2? A hodgepodge of the 2?

15 game doesn't make somebody an expert on a player.

Championship* is offline  
Old
12-27-2012, 11:58 PM
  #122
Hardyvan123
tweet@HardyintheWack
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Location: Vancouver
Country: Canada
Posts: 14,566
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by caps4cup View Post
Yeah they win because they have 6 goalies on the ice, not because they are good players or Tortorella is a good coach.
Pretty much summed up their playoff run.

It's like when you were kids playing ball hockey and put the goalie in with the biggest amount of clothing padding you could find and played with small nets.

Sure they have some good players but they are a system a WALL.

Hardyvan123 is offline  
Old
12-27-2012, 11:59 PM
  #123
Championship*
#Joel&Ellie
 
Join Date: Dec 2012
Posts: 3,499
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by virothepyro View Post
i was going to give the % that would be but didn't go back to it, that part of that post should be changed
I don't think you meant 15% because in your next post you said "Games" again.

Championship* is offline  
Old
12-27-2012, 11:59 PM
  #124
Avs44
Registered User
 
Avs44's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2011
Country: United States
Posts: 9,347
vCash: 380
Quote:
Originally Posted by Championship View Post
Which 15? 15 straight? 15 in his first season? 15 of the 19 he played in season 2?

15 game doesn't make somebody an expert on a player.
Typically "15 of 19" means 15 of 19 in those 19 games. No? What do you think it means I would love to hear more variations of what 15 of 19 means.

Avs44 is offline  
Old
12-28-2012, 12:00 AM
  #125
LatvianTwist
Global Moderator
 
LatvianTwist's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Location: Texas A&M
Country: Latvia
Posts: 24,111
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Championship View Post
Which 15? 15 straight? 15 in his first season? 15 of the 19 he played in season 2? A hodgepodge of the 2?

15 game doesn't make somebody an expert on a player.
God, just let it go.

LatvianTwist is online now  
Closed Thread

Forum Jump


Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 11:30 PM.

monitoring_string = "e4251c93e2ba248d29da988d93bf5144"
Contact Us - HFBoards - Archive - Privacy Statement - Terms of Use - Advertise - Top - AdChoices

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2015, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. 2015 All Rights Reserved.