HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk Trade rumors, transactions, and free agent talk. Rumors must contain the word RUMOR in post title. Proposals must contain the word PROPOSAL in post title.

Michael Sauer

Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools
Old
12-28-2012, 01:03 AM
  #126
Championship*
#Joel&Ellie
 
Join Date: Dec 2012
Posts: 3,499
vCash: 500
[QUOTE=KesselLooksLikeRadar;56851269]If you said that, I would not assume that you only watched one game he played in. That was my point. To assert that he only saw one game is the same as saying he saw all 19 of his games.

Then you'd be wrong. Glad to know you put your faith and trust into random people on the internet. I'm also a Nigerian Prince.

Championship* is offline  
Old
12-28-2012, 01:03 AM
  #127
Nyquist
Registered User
 
Nyquist's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2012
Location: Michigan
Country: United States
Posts: 4,622
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Championship View Post
Which 15? 15 straight? 15 in his first season? 15 of the 19 he played in season 2? A hodgepodge of the 2?

15 game doesn't make somebody an expert on a player.
I'd trust a non bias fan who saw 15 games of a player over a bias fan who saw 19 any day of the week.

Nyquist is offline  
Old
12-28-2012, 01:05 AM
  #128
KesselLooksLikeRadar*
The People's Champ
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Location: Ottawa
Country: Canada
Posts: 4,600
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr. Ogrodnick View Post
Why would that stand to reason? He didn't specify when he saw those games. It could have just as easily been that he saw more games the 2nd half of the season, when it became more apparent that the Rangers were a contender. Besides, the average ice time places hism as a 2nd pairing guy on the Rangers, yet people keep trying to say they used him on the 3rd pair. You can dismiss my opinion, but you can't dismiss the ice time.
Perhaps because he said he saw 15 games that he played in. Staal was hurt in that timeframe in which Sauer played, meaning that Sauer received top 4 minutes because of the injury, which would mean his assertion of Sauer being a bottom pairing d-man was, in fact, correct, taking into account the ice-time you are so fond of.

KesselLooksLikeRadar* is offline  
Old
12-28-2012, 01:06 AM
  #129
virothepyro
#lydia2012
 
virothepyro's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Posts: 1,378
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Championship View Post
I don't think you meant 15% because in your next post you said "Games" again.
i was going to add 79% which is 15 of 19 to that post but i got distracted by something else in a chat and didn't post the % number

virothepyro is offline  
Old
12-28-2012, 01:06 AM
  #130
Championship*
#Joel&Ellie
 
Join Date: Dec 2012
Posts: 3,499
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Datsyuk Dangles View Post
I'd trust a non bias fan who saw 15 games of a player over a bias fan who saw 19 any day of the week.
Nobody is non-biased on this site.

Championship* is offline  
Old
12-28-2012, 01:07 AM
  #131
Avs44
Registered User
 
Avs44's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2011
Country: United States
Posts: 8,297
vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by Championship View Post

Then you'd be wrong. Glad to know you put your faith and trust into random people on the internet. I'm also a Nigerian Prince.
You asserted that despite him watching 30-40 Ranger games, he might have only watched 1 game with Sauer in it. The guy you replied to stated he likewise might have watched all of his 19 games. He is right. You are wrong. Nice try though.

Avs44 is offline  
Old
12-28-2012, 01:07 AM
  #132
Championship*
#Joel&Ellie
 
Join Date: Dec 2012
Posts: 3,499
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by virothepyro View Post
i was going to add 79% which is 15 of 19 to that post but i got distracted by something else in a chat and didn't post the % number
why did you say "games" again in the next post?

Championship* is offline  
Old
12-28-2012, 01:07 AM
  #133
Championship*
#Joel&Ellie
 
Join Date: Dec 2012
Posts: 3,499
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Avs44 View Post
You asserted that despite him watching 30-40 Ranger games, he might have only watched 1 game with Sauer in it. The guy you replied to stated he likewise might have watched all of his 19 games. He is right. You are wrong. Nice try though.
The funny thing is though, nobody will ever know the truth now will they?

Championship* is offline  
Old
12-28-2012, 01:08 AM
  #134
Avs44
Registered User
 
Avs44's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2011
Country: United States
Posts: 8,297
vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by Championship View Post
Nobody is non-biased on this site.
You are correct. Good work. I would fancy a non Ranger fan is less biased than a Ranger fans toward a Ranger player though, no?

Avs44 is offline  
Old
12-28-2012, 01:08 AM
  #135
Nyquist
Registered User
 
Nyquist's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2012
Location: Michigan
Country: United States
Posts: 4,622
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Championship View Post
Nobody is non-biased on this site.
Alright, less biased if that floats your little boat.

Nyquist is offline  
Old
12-28-2012, 01:09 AM
  #136
LatvianTwist
Global Moderator
 
LatvianTwist's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Location: Houston
Country: Tibet
Posts: 18,484
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Championship View Post
why did you say "games" again in the next post?
Why does it matter?

LatvianTwist is offline  
Old
12-28-2012, 01:09 AM
  #137
Avs44
Registered User
 
Avs44's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2011
Country: United States
Posts: 8,297
vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by Championship View Post
The funny thing is though, nobody will ever know the truth now will they?
He stated he watched 15 of the games Sauer played in. Don't worry, we already cleared that up. Glad I could help though.

Avs44 is offline  
Old
12-28-2012, 01:11 AM
  #138
Dr. Ogrodnick
Registered User
 
Dr. Ogrodnick's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Posts: 1,547
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by KesselLooksLikeRadar View Post
Perhaps because he said he saw 15 games that he played in. Staal was hurt in that timeframe in which Sauer played, meaning that Sauer received top 4 minutes because of the injury, which would mean his assertion of Sauer being a bottom pairing d-man was, in fact, correct, taking into account the ice-time you are so fond of.
He didn't say that until much later. If Sauer stayed healthy knowing Tortarella it was more likely that Sauer would have stayed 2nd pair given his right handedness when Staal came back and Del Zotto would have dropped to 3rd pair. Furhermore Sauer played on the 2nd pairing the entire season before.

Dr. Ogrodnick is offline  
Old
12-28-2012, 01:12 AM
  #139
Championship*
#Joel&Ellie
 
Join Date: Dec 2012
Posts: 3,499
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Datsyuk Dangles View Post
Alright, less biased if that floats your little boat.
Less biased how? People carry biases against teams and it clouds their judgement. I wouldn't trust anybody's "scouting reports" on this site.

Championship* is offline  
Old
12-28-2012, 01:12 AM
  #140
LatvianTwist
Global Moderator
 
LatvianTwist's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Location: Houston
Country: Tibet
Posts: 18,484
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Championship View Post
Less biased how? People carry biases against teams and it clouds their judgement. I wouldn't trust anybody's "scouting reports" on this site.
Except your own, which are also biased.

And why did you bother signing up, then?

LatvianTwist is offline  
Old
12-28-2012, 01:12 AM
  #141
Championship*
#Joel&Ellie
 
Join Date: Dec 2012
Posts: 3,499
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Avs44 View Post
He stated he watched 15 of the games Sauer played in. Don't worry, we already cleared that up. Glad I could help though.
I'd like to see some proof that he watched all 15 from start to finish, and his notes as well.

Championship* is offline  
Old
12-28-2012, 01:13 AM
  #142
Championship*
#Joel&Ellie
 
Join Date: Dec 2012
Posts: 3,499
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by LatvianTwist View Post
Except your own, which are also biased.

And why did you bother signing up, then?
Hey you're learning!

Championship* is offline  
Old
12-28-2012, 01:13 AM
  #143
LatvianTwist
Global Moderator
 
LatvianTwist's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Location: Houston
Country: Tibet
Posts: 18,484
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Championship View Post
I'd like to see some proof that he watched all 15 from start to finish, and his notes as well.


Lets see your proof that you watched all those games too.

LatvianTwist is offline  
Old
12-28-2012, 01:13 AM
  #144
Nyquist
Registered User
 
Nyquist's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2012
Location: Michigan
Country: United States
Posts: 4,622
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Championship View Post
Less biased how? People carry biases against teams and it clouds their judgement. I wouldn't trust anybody's "scouting reports" on this site.
So nobody on this site is accurate. Why are you here then?

Nyquist is offline  
Old
12-28-2012, 01:15 AM
  #145
Dr. Ogrodnick
Registered User
 
Dr. Ogrodnick's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Posts: 1,547
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Avs44 View Post
You are correct. Good work. I would fancy a non Ranger fan is less biased than a Ranger fans toward a Ranger player though, no?
Sometimes. Of course there is a bitter caps fan biased against everything Rangers. Without talking about Sauer's ability and simply talking about which pair he played on you would think Ranger fans who watched most of if not all of his games over the last year would be taken at their word. But apparently guys that saw 15 games are taken more seriously.

Dr. Ogrodnick is offline  
Old
12-28-2012, 01:15 AM
  #146
Championship*
#Joel&Ellie
 
Join Date: Dec 2012
Posts: 3,499
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Datsyuk Dangles View Post
So nobody on this site is accurate. Why are you here then?
I'm a pro scout, just want to get people's opinions on Michael Sauer and Chris Kreider from some people in the know.

Championship* is offline  
Old
12-28-2012, 01:15 AM
  #147
Nyquist
Registered User
 
Nyquist's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2012
Location: Michigan
Country: United States
Posts: 4,622
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by LatvianTwist View Post
That's funny, considering you're the one who has no clue what you're doing in this thread.
He really doesn't. He's been proven wrong countless times by various posters and yet he persists on. Kinda like the kid who is caught doing something wrong but won't admit it.

Nyquist is offline  
Old
12-28-2012, 01:16 AM
  #148
Championship*
#Joel&Ellie
 
Join Date: Dec 2012
Posts: 3,499
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by LatvianTwist View Post


Lets see your proof that you watched all those games too.
Uhhh...thats my point. And I thought you were learning...

Championship* is offline  
Old
12-28-2012, 01:16 AM
  #149
Avs44
Registered User
 
Avs44's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2011
Country: United States
Posts: 8,297
vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by Championship View Post
I'd like to see some proof that he watched all 15 from start to finish, and his notes as well.
Can I see some proof that you watched Sauer as well? And that you actually know what you're talking about? Pics of your notes would be great as well.

Avs44 is offline  
Old
12-28-2012, 01:16 AM
  #150
KesselLooksLikeRadar*
The People's Champ
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Location: Ottawa
Country: Canada
Posts: 4,600
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr. Ogrodnick View Post
He didn't say that until much later. If Sauer stayed healthy knowing Tortarella it was more likely that Sauer would have stayed 2nd pair given his right handedness when Staal came back and Del Zotto would have dropped to 3rd pair. Furhermore Sauer played on the 2nd pairing the entire season before.
He actually said that before I surmised that he saw nearly all of the games; but nice try. And you can't deal in a world of hypotheticals. You can't say "Torts would have", because there is no way of knowing. Furthermore, that was the season prior to. I'm sure you can say that as a Rangers fan, Kreider was better last year than the the year before that. Progression and regression are real factors. You need to take that into account before saying as an almost matter of fact that a coach would have done something when, in reality, no one knows. Viro stated his opinion that he looked like a bottom pairing d-man, and I have addressed this enough times now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Championship View Post
Less biased how? People carry biases against teams and it clouds their judgement. I wouldn't trust anybody's "scouting reports" on this site.
Less biased because he's not a fan of the team that Sauer plays for.

KesselLooksLikeRadar* is offline  
Closed Thread

Forum Jump


Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 03:16 AM.

monitoring_string = "e4251c93e2ba248d29da988d93bf5144"
Contact Us - HFBoards - Archive - Privacy Statement - Terms of Use - Advertise - Top - AdChoices

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. 2014 All Rights Reserved.