HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > Other Leagues > Canadian Junior Hockey > OHL

*OFFICIAL* Windsor Spitfires 2012-13 Season Thread (Part 6)

Closed Thread

Old
12-27-2012, 07:08 PM
Spitsfan67*

vCash: 500
And the Shalaking has finally started open the flood gates it's going to be a high scoring(for London) and it might get chippy, I have no clue why people thought Windsor would be able to keep this close my guess was 7-3 but it might be worse then that.

Old
12-27-2012, 07:15 PM
Section103

If you're going to call the dive, call it the other way as well a minute later. Wow.

The OHL has the worst officiating I've ever witnessed. So inconsistent.

PS. Not blaming the officiating for us losing right now, just pointing out the obvious.

Old
12-27-2012, 07:15 PM
Spitsfan67*

I've had enough of this stuff what a crappy reffed game again same thing every game it's either one sided or hey call literally everything like tonight, I mean put your whistle away and let them play the game.

Old
12-27-2012, 07:22 PM
Section103

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spitsfan67 View Post
I've had enough of this stuff what a crappy reffed game again same thing every game it's either one sided or hey call literally everything like tonight, I mean put your whistle away and let them play the game.
Tell me that wasn't a dive on the Lorentz hook

Did he get his stick up on the body, sure.. a little bit. But the reaction was embellished. Was Ebert tripped up a minute earlier? Yep, but again, reaction embellished.

Only 1 call though.

Spits are definitely being outplayed, but wow, the officiating in this league is atrocious.

Old
12-27-2012, 07:49 PM
hockeylegend11

Quote:
Originally Posted by Section103 View Post
Tell me that wasn't a dive on the Lorentz hook

Did he get his stick up on the body, sure.. a little bit. But the reaction was embellished. Was Ebert tripped up a minute earlier? Yep, but again, reaction embellished.

Only 1 call though.

Spits are definitely being outplayed, but wow, the officiating in this league is atrocious.
I would agree brutal call on Lorentz ,player was on his way down before the little tug
Knights were only leading after 1 because of pp differntial,Wds was fine 5 on 5
Spits young D exposed tonite especially Bateman,Brown,Sanvido, and Mcnaughton has been awful
Bonehead penalty by Bilcke at end of 1st,Spits would have been on pp to start the 2nd
Not sure if Knights would be leading if Raine,Zadorov and Domi were still out of the lineup,afterall the Spits have 4 goals after 2,most goals spits have scored in the last 14 regardless of outcome
Pavelka needed to be better in the 2nd

Old
12-27-2012, 07:49 PM
hockeyboy4

when is the trade freeze over? and when is the deadline?

Old
12-27-2012, 07:56 PM
izzys

why is pav still in net ?

Old
12-27-2012, 09:22 PM
dino200022

Quote:
Originally Posted by izzys View Post
why is pav still in net ?
Love how he just skated right to the bench after the 8th goal he pulled himself and did not give the staff a chance to think about it!

Old
12-27-2012, 09:57 PM
hockeylegend11

Poor defensive play and soft goaltending in the 2nd and 3rd led hugely to this loss,a loss not surprising because of roster disparity,due to illness,suspension,jr committments,age ,experience and talent dressed
Every defencemen struggled ,Pavelka struggled,Dekort did not,Rychel,Clarke,Vail and Marchese played well offensively,the other forwards did not,though Johnson worked hard,and I liked how Studnicka played and really tuned Liberati in their scrap,enjoyed seeing Bowen destroy LeRoux at the end of their fight
Officiating was awful,helped the Knights get their lead in the 1st,was not the reason the Spits lost however
Knights played 6 players 19 and older,Spits 2,also 3- 16 year olds,2 on the defence,played for Windsor,London has 0-16 year olds playing for them,classic case of experienced team,more talented,beating a much younger and inexperienced lineup dressed
The Knights certainly have been the better team the last 1 and 1/2 years after playing 2nd fiddle the previous 3,Windsor"s 2 mem cups and a final 4 appearance,sure the Knights have a mem cup appearance,we know how that went as they lumped it in the final,probably needed home ice to capture Mem Cup,unlike Windsor x2

Old
12-27-2012, 10:27 PM
punch1943

Quote:
Originally Posted by hockeyboy4 View Post
when is the trade freeze over? and when is the deadline?
Trade freeze is over. Deadline Jan 10th at 12:00PM.

Old
12-27-2012, 10:30 PM
Libbs

So what are the chances we get blown out of the water by Plymouth on Monday? It's the only game of the year I'll be going to and would rather not see them get another butt kicking.

Old
12-27-2012, 10:43 PM
RayzorIsDull

Overall it was an ugly performance, a few players looked good but overall the effort needs to be better. Pavelka let in a few softies, Bateman looked bad, officiating wasn't good. Legend I don't think it comes down to their 19 year olds because a few of them aren't Raine and Leroux are kind of inconsequential. Spits next year will have 19 year olds but their current 17 year olds are kind pretty weak in my mind. Disappointed to hear Rychel thought the effort was there because collectively it really wasn't. It comes down to just drafting better players in my mind and that won't happen until probably 2014 sadly.

Old
12-27-2012, 10:53 PM
RayzorIsDull

Quote:
Originally Posted by Libbs View Post
So what are the chances we get blown out of the water by Plymouth on Monday? It's the only game of the year I'll be going to and would rather not see them get another butt kicking.
No that won't happe Plymouth is missing Noesen, Rakell and Hartman. It's possible Windsor will lose but if the Spits get their butt kicked there are deep problems.

Old
12-27-2012, 11:00 PM
hockeylegend11

Quote:
Originally Posted by RayzorIsDull View Post
Overall it was an ugly performance, a few players looked good but overall the effort needs to be better. Pavelka let in a few softies, Bateman looked bad, officiating wasn't good. Legend I don't think it comes down to their 19 year olds because a few of them aren't Raine and Leroux are kind of inconsequential. Spits next year will have 19 year olds but their current 17 year olds are kind pretty weak in my mind. Disappointed to hear Rychel thought the effort was there because collectively it really wasn't. It comes down to just drafting better players in my mind and that won't happen until probably 2014 sadly.
Your right about Leroux,Raine however had 3 pts tonight and i am sure he will be an o/a dman next yr,getting pts not his game but hits are
As for Windsor"s drafting I think it began this year,getting HoSang in the 5 hole as a franchise type player,as well Sanvido,Brown and Verbeek show promise,as well if Schmaltz comes next yr and a couple of others drafted are playing well this with their respective teams,might be better then u think
I thought the effort was good at times,sometimes the inexperience showed especially on the backend,all in all disappointed in the result,but happy with the 4 goals against the best team in the league,coupled with a crossbar and a post showed some surprising offence,Spits have scored 9 goals against the Knights in the last 2 games excluding the empty netter,too bad the Knights scored 12 as Pavelka played his worst game of the season in allowing 8 goals

Old
12-27-2012, 11:12 PM
Ottomatic

No reason for Bilcke to fight Leroux - Bowen already fought him and dropped him, and it seemed like a clean enough check. And the silliness at the end - Bowen seemed so disinterested, but will get another two game suspension for second fight during a stoppage.

Baille was throwing some shots from the bench in the melee.

Old
12-27-2012, 11:20 PM
RayzorIsDull

Quote:
Originally Posted by hockeylegend11 View Post
Your right about Leroux,Raine however had 3 pts tonight and i am sure he will be an o/a dman next yr,getting pts not his game but hits are
As for Windsor"s drafting I think it began this year,getting HoSang in the 5 hole as a franchise type player,as well Sanvido,Brown and Verbeek show promise,as well if Schmaltz comes next yr and a couple of others drafted are playing well this with their respective teams,might be better then u think
I thought the effort was good at times,sometimes the inexperience showed especially on the backend,all in all disappointed in the result,but happy with the 4 goals against the best team in the league,coupled with a crossbar and a post showed some surprising offence,Spits have scored 9 goals against the Knights in the last 2 games excluding the empty netter,too bad the Knights scored 12 as Pavelka played his worst game of the season in allowing 8 goals
Schmaltz would definitely be a coup but I am not holding out hope same thing with Barber or Schmaltz x2, Johns, Pietila the list goes on. It's not like Baughman is leaving the USDP right now and I haven't seen the stats some of these draft picks have put up sans Schmaltz.

Old
12-27-2012, 11:49 PM
Ottomatic

I think Schmaltz is less likely to come over next season than he was this one - I just really feel the Spits/Rychel/Boughner player development reputation has taken a huge hit with this underachieving, lackluster season. 18 yr olds have stagnated or taken steps back, Maletta/Bateman is struggling badly and both should probably ask to be traded.

Old
12-27-2012, 11:53 PM
sbrug

Quote:
Originally Posted by hockeylegend11 View Post
The Knights certainly have been the better team the last 1 and 1/2 years after playing 2nd fiddle the previous 3,Windsor"s 2 mem cups and a final 4 appearance,sure the Knights have a mem cup appearance,we know how that went as they lumped it in the final,probably needed home ice to capture Mem Cup,unlike Windsor x2
And Warren and Boogs needed the almighty dollar to beg players to come to their dump and if that doesn't work you resort to thuggery.

Old
12-27-2012, 11:56 PM
hockeyboy4

looking in twitter it looks like koko is comming back,

Old
12-28-2012, 12:06 AM
OHLTG

Quote:
Bonehead penalty by Bilcke at end of 1st,Spits would have been on pp to start the 2nd
From our seats, it looked like he barely caught the guy. We were surprised at any call, period.

Quote:
Overall it was an ugly performance,
Yes and no. They played with London for a good chunk of the game. When you're only down 3-2 after one, and are down 5-4 with 30 seconds to go in the second, you're doing something right. The third period is when the significant damage was done. You cannot allow a team do pour it on like that.

Quote:
No reason for Bilcke to fight Leroux - Bowen already fought him and dropped him, and it seemed like a clean enough check. And the silliness at the end - Bowen seemed so disinterested, but will get another two game suspension for second fight during a stoppage.
I want to see a replay of how Bilcke/Leroux started. As for Bowen - from what I can remember, Elie and another Knights player had a Spitfire, so Bowen went in and evened it up. I even said at the game "how does Elie not get third-man in?"

While I think Windsor seriously got the short end of some sticks tonight, they were in this one and should look at it as a positive thing.

Old
12-28-2012, 12:29 AM
RayzorIsDull

Sieloff selected as #7 dman Grzelyck sent home. Sieloff won't be back until January 10th but that is only 3 more games.

Old
12-28-2012, 01:04 AM
RayzorIsDull

Quote:
Originally Posted by OHLTG View Post
Yes and no. They played with London for a good chunk of the game. When you're only down 3-2 after one, and are down 5-4 with 30 seconds to go in the second, you're doing something right. The third period is when the significant damage was done. You cannot allow a team do pour it on like that.

While I think Windsor seriously got the short end of some sticks tonight, they were in this one and should look at it as a positive thing.
You can't allow a team to pour it on like that but it happened. Windsor has given up 17 goals over the 2 games in London. Windsor isn't that close to London on any type of scale. It's not like Windsor would win a 7 game series over London in order to do that you would have to win at least 1 if not 2 games in London because the Knights are a good enough road team to grab a game in Windsor. The real great teams are ones that can have success on the road and there comes a time whether it be during the regular season or especially in the playoffs where you will have to get a big win on the road. Windsor has won 4 games out of 18 on the road. They keep playing like this their season will end on March 17 or maybe they can stretch it to the end of March at the very least there needs to be a sense of urgency and desperation to get this thing fixed and on track. This isn't what management had in mind when they were building up for this year and next. If they don't lose the next two games you have to blow this thing up or at least a large shake up can't spin it any other way but there's too much pride or in this case arrogance to admit failure.

Old
12-28-2012, 01:31 AM
OHLTG

Quote:
You can't allow a team to pour it on like that but it happened. Windsor has given up 17 goals over the 2 games in London. Windsor isn't that close to London on any type of scale. It's not like Windsor would win a 7 game series over London in order to do that you would have to win at least 1 if not 2 games in London because the Knights are a good enough road team to grab a game in Windsor. The real great teams are ones that can have success on the road and there comes a time whether it be during the regular season or especially in the playoffs where you will have to get a big win on the road. Windsor has won 4 games out of 18 on the road. They keep playing like this their season will end on March 17 or maybe they can stretch it to the end of March at the very least there needs to be a sense of urgency and desperation to get this thing fixed and on track. This isn't what management had in mind when they were building up for this year and next. If they don't lose the next two games you have to blow this thing up or at least a large shake up can't spin it any other way but there's too much pride or in this case arrogance to admit failure.
I don't care about past games or stats or anything of the sort. Here's what I know:

Tonight...and tonight alone...Windsor played with London. They were down 5-4 with 30-seconds to go. In fact, they were winning 2-1 at one point in the first.

You can say whatever you wish about lack of urgency, giving up horrid goal totals, etc. Tonight, for much of the game, Windsor proved they could go toe-to-toe with the Knights. London showed, at the end, that they were the better squad, but there were plenty of positives to take from this game.

Old
12-28-2012, 05:53 AM
hockeylegend11

Quote:
Schmaltz would definitely be a coup but I am not holding out hope same thing with Barber or Schmaltz x2, Johns, Pietila the list goes on. It's not like Baughman is leaving the USDP right now and I haven't seen the stats some of these draft picks have put up sans Schmaltz.
You forgot to mention such American players as Fowler,Watson,Campbell,Ryan,Vail,Duininck as players who were drafted the same years as Johns,Pietila, who showed up and contributed to Mem Cups and final 4 appearances
Easy to cherry pick who does not come across the border,we all know Windsor not the only team where less Americans are being signed
When Nick Schmaltz sees how much his brother is struggling at North Dakota,already been suspended because of drinking incident,he has only 4 pts in 18 games,not exactly sterling stats for a high scoring D man
As for Baughman he is not with USTDP program,Barber situation was ,his mother who has health problems wanted to him to go college route,his dad would have preferred major jr,
Oh and I forgot about Seiloff,who was headed to Bowling Green,you did too didnt u
Just giving a more fair balance to your comments

Old
12-28-2012, 05:59 AM
hockeylegend11

Quote:
Originally Posted by wrister39 View Post
And Warren and Boogs needed the almighty dollar to beg players to come to their dump and if that doesn't work you resort to thuggery.
Thank you for your trolling remark,games are won on the ice not the board room,as for thuggery teapot calling kettle black,Leroux is a plug,you have Baille tossing punches from the bench,Rupert x2 are amongst the dirtiest in the league,Raine has been suspended twice because of nefarious acts,typical throwing stones out of your glass dump

Closed Thread