HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > IIHF World Championship
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
IIHF World Championship Discuss international tournaments such as the World Juniors, Olympic hockey, and Ice Hockey World Championships, as they take place; or discuss past tournaments.

IIHF reffing is a joke MOD WARNING: Post 144

Old
12-28-2012, 06:45 AM
Davebo
BeepBeep!

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chara-3 View Post
Sure, it did. Both teams were diving.

Luza had a lof of blood in his mouth and was taken to hospital. Shoulder made contact with head.
Head that in inexplicably and suddenly decided to descend to chest level. We cannot control the silly things that other players do.

Here's an idea - teach your players properly. For all the preparation pre-game Slovakia seems to do, how about a drill designed to teach the most very basic tenant of hockey - KEEP YOUR HEAD UP AT ALL TIMES!

No one is suggesting HE dove - stop with the fake indignation. Christ's sake.....

Davebo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
Intense Rage

Quote:
Originally Posted by Everlasting View Post
Seriously Canadians... do everyone else a favour and stop posting these stupid threads. In every wjc tournament held in Canada your team has had special treatment and you all have always said that everyone else should adjust to that hockey.

Now when its Canadas turn to adjust everyone else is bad and Canada get misstreated? Have you seen the **** your team has gotten away with in the past tournament?

Lol and why would the refs intentionally favor us? Who said everyone else is bad?

I am sure every country has gotten away with stuff in the past. If you say that you have been complaining about the officiating longer then shouldn't you be glad we are on the same page now. After all we all want the officiating to improve in future tournaments.

Intense Rage is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
TonsofPuppies*
#ThePriceIsRight

Quote:
Originally Posted by Helo View Post
I will,enjoy not getting medals,AGAIN
Again? The last time we didn't medal in this tournament was 1998...

TonsofPuppies* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-28-2012, 06:47 AM
Leafs Tank Nation

Canadians complaining about European reffing.
Europeans complaining about Canadian reffing.
Last I heard every game has officials from at least 3 different countries.
Where were today's refs from?

It's too bad we don't have robot refs but then they'd all be made in China and someone would whine and moan about that too.

Oh wait, there's some that believe NHL refs are biased too. Canadians refs either favour Canadian teams because they're Canadian or are harder on them so as to not appear biased. Same thing for American refs.
Yep let's build us some damn robots.

2525 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
BalticWarrior

Quote:
Originally Posted by TonsofPuppies View Post
I mean gold medals ofc

BalticWarrior is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
Jeez
Jay Jay

Quote:
Originally Posted by oilphan View Post
I am not sure I understand how people are saying that the Camara hit was clean. Yes the guy had his head down, but the initial point of contact was the head. The reason they put that rule in is to prevent these types of injuries than can not only put a player out of the game, but ruin the rest of their life. Yes it sucks, but at the end of the day you can not hit a guy in the head like that.
Totaly agree. Hit was clean from Canadian point of view. But acording IIHF rules it is attack on head. So, by the way misconduct and five minutes penalty. That is normal in Europe. What yet I have to deliver , to prove, who has serious troubles with concussions ?

Jeez is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
canuck2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shrimper View Post
This is why Canadian fans aren't popular sometimes. You don't help yourself with these comments.
What comment? what's your point?

canuck2010 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
Shrimper
Trick or ruddy treat

vCash: 50
Quote:
I don't think he meant to have the comma.

Besides. Latvia know they're not expected to do well. Canada are. He can live with that.

Shrimper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
BloodOnIce

Quote:
Seriously Canadians... do everyone else a favour and stop posting these stupid threads. In every wjc tournament held in Canada your team has had special treatment and you all have always said that everyone else should adjust to that hockey.

Now when its Canadas turn to adjust everyone else is bad and Canada get misstreated? Have you seen the **** your team has gotten away with in the past tournament?

Hey thanks for looking out for everyone else, but your smoking-gun's more of a diving exhibit - that I think even most Swedes are embarrassed of - than an exposé of preferential treatment by the refs.

BloodOnIce is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
Qrispy

Quote:

Wait what? A video of Markstrom diving and embellishing is your argument on how Canada is dirty? Surely you can do better than this.

Stick to soccer. It suits you better.

Qrispy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-28-2012, 06:48 AM
dresi

So there is a kid, lying on the ice, motionless, bleeding and some are justifying the hit? I know his head was down and he didn't look but that doesn't mean that the canadian player had to destroy him. Hits like that can have serious consequences.

dresi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
BalticWarrior

Quote:
Originally Posted by Roboholic View Post
How and where did I say that? read my previous posts
"Canadian players realize they are playing Russian ballet and not Canadian hockey so they are adapting like a poster above said"

Old
Leafsdude7
Stand-Up Philosopher

Send a message via AIM to Leafsdude7 Send a message via MSN to Leafsdude7 Send a message via Yahoo to Leafsdude7
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chara-3 View Post
Sure, it did. Both teams were diving.

Luza had a lof of blood in his mouth and was taken to hospital. Shoulder made contact with head.
For the record, the cause of the cut was the player's visor, not any contact by the player. Also, no one should be debating whether there was head contact. The issue should be the headshot rule, not the penalty call.

Quote:
Originally Posted by dresi View Post
So there is a kid, lying on the ice, motionless, bleeding and some are justifying the hit? I know his head was down and he didn't look but that doesn't mean that the canadian player had to destroy him. Hits like that can have serious consequences.
I disagree. That's a hard play, and that's the nature of the game. It's a major part of hockey and what makes hockey such a great game. It makes no sense to punish a perfectly executed hit because the person receiving the hit made a mistake.

It wasn't a hit from behind and it wasn't a hit directed towards the head, therefore it should be a legal hit.

Leafsdude7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
TonsofPuppies*
#ThePriceIsRight

Quote:
Originally Posted by Helo View Post
I mean gold medals ofc
No guarantee on the gold, of course, or any medals for that matter. But I think we have just as good a chance as anyone else here. But hey, we've got a better chance of winning the gold than you do of winning a single game, so how does that feel?

TonsofPuppies* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-28-2012, 06:49 AM
Shrimper
Trick or ruddy treat

Quote:
No guarantee on the gold, of course, or any medals for that matter. But I think we have just as good a chance as anyone else here. But hey, we've got a better chance of winning the gold than you do of winning a single game, so how does that feel?
This was buried on the last page but, he's fine with that. He's expecting that and not expecting to win much, if at all. It doesn't bother him.

I bet it bothers you though if Canada doesn't win a medal (Gold or otherwise)

Shrimper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-28-2012, 06:50 AM
Roboholic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shrimper View Post
This is why Canadian fans aren't popular sometimes. You don't help yourself with these comments.
Thank god the tournament isn't a popularity contest.

Roboholic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-28-2012, 06:50 AM
BalticWarrior

Quote:
As poster before me said we are not expected to do well,you are.

Old
12-28-2012, 06:51 AM
Canada4Gold

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pajicz View Post
This complaining about the referees in every single IIHF tournament is getting pretty old...
what do you mean, we've just been told by another poster that this is the 1st time ever we've said anything about refs

Canada4Gold is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
Brad Tolliver
Terror Goes Into

You Euros can't blame the Canadians for thinking the IIHF refs are inferior to NA refs, because you never see any threads in the HF NHL Forum complaining about NHL refs, so obviously the NA refs are really that much better.

Brad Tolliver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
Swedish Puck Mafia
Break The HeMan Down

Yeah, the refs are letting the Canadians get away with anything.

Completely unfair.

Swedish Puck Mafia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
Kadri43

Quote:
Yes hits like that can have serious consequences so why have your head down? The kid will have his head up next time I am sure.
I am wondering if European leagues actually teach their kids to have their heads up. It appears throughout this tournament that they do not.

Kadri43 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
Everlasting

Quote:
Originally Posted by BloodOnIce View Post
Hey thanks for looking out for everyone else, but your smoking-gun's more of a diving exhibit - that I think even most Swedes are embarrassed of - than an exposé of preferential treatment by the refs.
The first two incidents there are two ilegal hits on Markström. No diving whatsoever. Not that i expect Canadians to understand that since you are all blind to your own misstakes

Anyway, as already been said in this thread:

Quote:
"Rule 540 - Checking to the Head and Neck Area - A player who directs a check or blow, with any part of his body, to the head and neck area of an opposing player or "drives" or "forces" the head of an opposing player into the protective glass or boards, shall be assessed at the discretion of the Referee, a minor and a misconduct penalty; a major and game misconduct penalty; or a match penalty. When injury occurs, a match penalty must be assessed."
Perfect call by the referee. Great IIHF reffing.

Last edited by Holden Caulfield: 12-28-2012 at 07:01 AM. Reason: not neccessary
Everlasting is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-28-2012, 06:53 AM
BalticWarrior

I like how Canadians are all so suprised by the hate,hey guess what theres no smoke without fire,theres a reason for the hate.

Old
Chara-3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Davebo View Post
Head that in inexplicably and suddenly decided to descend to chest level. We cannot control the silly things that other players do.

Here's an idea - teach your players properly. For all the preparation pre-game Slovakia seems to do, how about a drill designed to teach the most very basic tenant of hockey - KEEP YOUR HEAD UP AT ALL TIMES!

No one is suggesting HE dove - stop with the fake indignation. Christ's sake.....
Sure I agree, Luza didn't keep his head up, but it cannot serve as en excuse. if the hit was aimed to the neck area, it can't be clean according to international rules. Let's wait for IIHF committee.

Chara-3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
Langdon Alger*

Quote:
Suppose Camara hit Luza shoulder-to-shoulder, but Luza hit his head on the ice and needed to be stretchered off. Would that still be worthy of a major?

Langdon Alger* is offline   Reply With Quote