HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > Prospects
Notices

Prospects Discuss hockey prospects from all over the world and the NHL Draft.

Bolton Pouliot, G, Red Deer Rebels, WHL (Undrafted in 2012)

Old
10-02-2012, 08:19 PM
Mathletic

vCash: 500
Bolton Pouliot, G, Red Deer Rebels, WHL (Undrafted in 2012)

Can't say I know a whole lot about him. He seems to have been doing well in his WHL career so far. Any chance he can takeover Bartosak as Red Deer's n'1 goalie or likely to be traded? Do you see any NHL future in his case?

Last edited by Mathletic: 12-28-2012 at 07:36 AM.
Mathletic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-02-2012, 09:00 PM
BigD66

I really like Pouliot he played well last year when called upon, I was one person who wanted him to get the bulk of play last year when Bartosak went down instead of Dubyk.

I think there is a chance he can take the n1 spot from Bartosak if Bartosak continues to struggle like he has so far this year. Not sure about NHL potential, but I'd like Red Deer to keep a hold of him so he can age with this group and hopefully be the goalie when Red Deer becomes competitive again.

Nice to see he and the Rebels are playing well tonight so far though

BigD66 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-02-2012, 10:29 PM
S E P H
@Krzysztof_WHL

vCash: 50
Actually watching Pouliot as we speak. But I can tell you is he is a decent junior level goaler, makes good saves and has good decision making as well. He's prone for bad rebound control and his 5 hole is a little weak. McNeil took advantage of that in this game. He could be a late bloomer, but I don't see enough talent for NHL starter material. His playing style reminds me a lot of Cory Crawford.

S E P H is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-03-2012, 12:59 PM
R S
Renegade Stylings

vCash: 4250
He's ok. Has actually surprised me so far this season. Will be interesting to see who starts tonight here in Saskatoon, I would imagine they go back to Bartosak after Bolton gave up 5 goals last night, despite not facing too many quality chances.

R S is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-28-2012, 06:52 AM
Mathletic

With Bartosak's departure for the WJC it looks like Pouliot is doing a good job for Red Deer. I just noticed a 53 saves performance last night to win in Edmonton. I didn't see the game, maybe the shots weren't all that great but still, looks like he's doing well sor far.

Mathletic is offline   Reply With Quote