HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > Prospects
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Prospects Discuss hockey prospects from all over the world and the NHL Draft.

Hockey Lobby 2013 NHL Mock Draft - Pre-WJC edition

Old
12-27-2012, 06:49 PM
Jabba11
Hockey Lobby

vCash: 500

Hey guys, I've just updated my blog on the 2013 NHL Draft. There are 2 new posts:

2013 WJC Prospect Watch:
http://hockeylobby.blogspot.ca/2012/...mpionship.html

http://hockeylobby.blogspot.ca/2012/...c-edition.html

Feel free to love and hate. Cheers!

*I know it's been a while since I've posted on my blog, but my draft rankings were already made on Microsoft Word way back in September.

Quote:
1. Calgary Flames - Nathan MacKinnon
2. Columbus Blue Jackets - Jonathan Drouin
3. Montreal Canadiens - Seth Jones

Jabba11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-27-2012, 07:45 PM
MaxLacoste

Woah, they give us the 3rd pick. I would love to see Jones in Montreal, but I don't see Colombus passing on him or Barkov. Jones would make Montreal a cup contender for sure.

MaxLacoste is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-27-2012, 08:20 PM
Habs 4 Life
No Excuses

Wow I'd be so happy with another 3rd overall pick, if those 2 go 1 and 2, I want Seth Jones but I think he goes in the top 2.

Right now my top 4 in order is Mackinnon, Jones, Barkov, Drouin

Habs 4 Life is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-27-2012, 08:33 PM
iPunch
Leafs Fan

vCash: 133
Monahan works for me.

iPunch is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
12-27-2012, 08:43 PM
ponder

As a Leafs fan I'd LOVE to be in a position to chose between Monahan and Lindholm! I mostly agree with this mock draft, although I'd probably have Nurse, Zadorov and Domi all a bit higher. I don't really get where the draft order comes from, though, seems a bit random (for example, what are the Devils doing at 6th overall?).

ponder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-27-2012, 08:45 PM
boredmale

Just out of curiosity how did you pick draft order?

boredmale is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
12-27-2012, 08:51 PM
Jabba11
Hockey Lobby

I went with my feeling. Since I wanted to do a mock draft instead of just rankings just to put it more challenging and fun to do. Don't forget that the Devils just lost Parise..who was a big part of the team. Think back in 2010-2011 when they finished 9th and finally won the lottery or when the Flyers sucked one year in particular and picked JVR then made the playoffs again the next year.

I wanted to put consideration into the team needs and BPA

I know Calgary won't finish last..but damn does that organization looks poor for the future and they desperately need a solid franchise player to go with Bartschi. And I'm not even a Flames fan at all.

Last edited by Jabba11: 12-27-2012 at 09:06 PM.
Old
12-27-2012, 09:57 PM
TheJuxtaposer
#Shorks

vCash: 567
I love the Sharks drafting Duclair, he's exactly what we need, but there are several head-scratchers. Hägg has tons of offensive upside? From what I've read, he seems more the cerebral two-way type. No goalie should go in the first round this year, Fucale at 13 is especially ridiculous.

TheJuxtaposer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-27-2012, 10:23 PM
Stahl2Stall
Drawing Frog 8

God I hope we don't draft that late with 3 balls in the lottery, assuming they do it the same way as 05.

Stahl2Stall is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-27-2012, 10:31 PM
Jabba11
Hockey Lobby

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheJuxtaposer View Post
I love the Sharks drafting Duclair, he's exactly what we need, but there are several head-scratchers. Hägg has tons of offensive upside? From what I've read, he seems more the cerebral two-way type. No goalie should go in the first round this year, Fucale at 13 is especially ridiculous.
There has to be some head scratchers in every mock draft lol..it can't be perfect. Hägg does possess some high offensive upside along with his 2-way skating. Maybe I chose the wrong word "tremendous" lol

As for Fucale in the 1st round, you have to remember that Mark Visentin wasn't projected to be a 1st rounder. And I believe Fucale has 1st rounder material and is a better goaltender in junior than Visentin was. If Jack Campbell went 11th overall in 2010, I don't see why Fucale could not go 13th overall in this year's draft.

Old
12-28-2012, 12:38 AM
DuckJet
Destiny pls

vCash: 69
Anaheim:

11. D Robert Hägg (6'2"-201 lbs) MODO - Elisterien
With Justin Schultz signing with the Edmonton Oilers and having success with the Barons, the Ducks need to replace his departure.

We didn't accomplish this with the Hampus Lindholm pick? Don't get me wrong. Hagg is a great prospect, but I would think that Nicushkin, Mantha, Domi, or Lazar would be better fits for the Ducks. Maybe even Zadorov.

Also for Winnipeg...Pulock isn't a bad pick at all but Shinkaruk seems to make more sense given Winnipeg's current blueline.

DuckJet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-28-2012, 12:40 AM
Jabba11
Hockey Lobby

Quote:
Originally Posted by DuckJet View Post
Anaheim:

11. D Robert Hägg (6'2"-201 lbs) MODO - Elisterien
With Justin Schultz signing with the Edmonton Oilers and having success with the Barons, the Ducks need to replace his departure.

We didn't accomplish this with the Hampus Lindholm pick? Don't get me wrong. Hagg is a great prospect, but I would think that Nicushkin, Mantha, Domi, or Lazar would be better fits for the Ducks. Maybe even Zadorov.

Also for Winnipeg...Pulock isn't a bad pick at all but Shinkaruk seems to make more sense given Winnipeg's current blueline.
Noted. I'll keep in mind for the next mock draft. Thanks!

Old
12-28-2012, 12:45 AM
DuckJet
Destiny pls

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jabba11 View Post
Noted. I'll keep in mind for the next mock draft. Thanks!
I mean...if they're going D it does make sense that they'd go with the Swede. Murray has a new fetish for players playing in Sweden so that was smart, but...this seems to be the strongest set of forwards in a draft in a long while and Lindholm was just taken. I learned last year that anything can happen but if I had to make a bet it would be on a forward unless the defender available is too good to pass up. But in this case Nicushkin is probably BPA there.

Old
12-28-2012, 12:57 AM
Jabba11
Hockey Lobby

Quote:
Originally Posted by DuckJet View Post
I mean...if they're going D it does make sense that they'd go with the Swede. Murray has a new fetish for players playing in Sweden so that was smart, but...this seems to be the strongest set of forwards in a draft in a long while and Lindholm was just taken. I learned last year that anything can happen but if I had to make a bet it would be on a forward unless the defender available is too good to pass up. But in this case Nicushkin is probably BPA there.
I know.. but the kid signed a 3 year contract extension at the beginning of the season makes him a very risky pick. And in my point of view, Anaheim doesn't seem to have a lot of Russian players do they? Litteraly no Russian in their lineup and only 1 in their system: Bobkov? lol

But, instead of Hägg, I could see a guy like Mantha or Duclair finding their way to the Ducks pick. However, the defense is getting older and weaker: Beauchemin, Souray, Lydman, Allen..even Guenin. That leaves you Fowler and Sbisa as the only defensemen under 30 years old on your roster. In your system, you guys only have Vatanen and Lindholm as possible stars and reliable defensemen. It's not enough. So if you add Hägg in, you have upgrade your defense pool. In offense, you guys have Getzlaf-Perry-Ryan, the old Finns Selanne and Koivu, but the future looks good in front with: Holland, Palmieri, Etem, DSP, Karlsson, Friberg(small but offensive), and especially Rakell (what a gem).

Your thoughts?

Old
12-28-2012, 01:08 AM
DuckJet
Destiny pls

Quote:
I know.. but the kid signed a 3 year contract extension at the beginning of the season makes him a very risky pick. And in my point of view, Anaheim doesn't seem to have a lot of Russian players do they? Litteraly no Russian in their lineup and only 1 in their system: Bobkov? lol

But, instead of Hägg, I could see a guy like Mantha or Duclair finding their way to the Ducks pick. However, the defense is getting older and weaker: Beauchemin, Souray, Lydman, Allen..even Guenin. That leaves you Fowler and Sbisa as the only defensemen under 30 years old on your roster. In your system, you guys only have Vatanen and Lindholm as possible stars and reliable defensemen. It's not enough. So if you add Hägg in, you have upgrade your defense pool. In offense, you guys have Getzlaf-Perry-Ryan, the old Finns Selanne and Koivu, but the future looks good in front with: Holland, Palmieri, Etem, DSP, Karlsson, Friberg(small but offensive), and especially Rakell (what a gem).

Your thoughts?
Yeah I can see why Nicushkin would be a risky pick and ever since Chistov they don't seem to trust Russians. Beauchemin is just hitting his prime. I wouldn't say he's gonna dwindle just yet. There will be plenty of drafts to take a replacement for him. You did look at this pretty in depth. Like I said, Hagg wouldn't be the worst thing for this team. I think I could see them giving Mantha a good look. He can put up points and he's got a ton of size for a kid his age. Murray has stressed a desire to make the Ducks a bigger team. Those are my thoughts. Like I said. Last year's draft taught me to never expect what truly makes sense. For all we know, at that position Murray could end up taking JT Compher cause he likes his game. But I do like your reasoning for the pick.

Old
12-28-2012, 01:36 AM
TheJuxtaposer
#Shorks

vCash: 567
Quote:
There has to be some head scratchers in every mock draft lol..it can't be perfect. Hägg does possess some high offensive upside along with his 2-way skating. Maybe I chose the wrong word "tremendous" lol

As for Fucale in the 1st round, you have to remember that Mark Visentin wasn't projected to be a 1st rounder. And I believe Fucale has 1st rounder material and is a better goaltender in junior than Visentin was. If Jack Campbell went 11th overall in 2010, I don't see why Fucale could not go 13th overall in this year's draft.
Yeah, perhaps tremendous wasn't the right word. I'm not trying to imply that he doesn't have offensive upside as he's a smart player with a strong outlet pass, but I'd question "tremendous" upside. Regardless, I really like Hägg as a prospect and he's certainly a guy to watch at the WJC this year.

As for the goalies... Neither of Campbell or Visentin is really lighting the world on fire right now, right?

TheJuxtaposer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-28-2012, 03:30 AM
forthewild

Wild would not take a small forward who needs to fill out rather then what they lack which would be a Dman.

I have no faith in the Dumba pick, which leaves only Bordin as our good dman prospect, unless we end up drafting crazy high because of the lockout i have a strong feeling we're targeting a dman.

forthewild is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-28-2012, 03:33 AM
CBJBrassard16
Sergei BobTrollsky

Looked to make sure he had Columbus picking 3 times in the first round, didn't, clicked away.

CBJBrassard16 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-28-2012, 04:09 AM
Jabba11
Hockey Lobby

Quote:
Originally Posted by CBJBrassard16 View Post
Looked to make sure he had Columbus picking 3 times in the first round, didn't, clicked away.
damn it, I knew that I've forgot something! Sorry, I'll change it consequently.

Old
12-28-2012, 07:44 AM
Eyelanders

As much as I like Florida picking Carrier, I´d love to see the Panthers picking Zadorov. He´s a really tough defenseman and I think Florida would benefit from drafting that type of defenseman. He might have some good offensive potential too. We have all kinds of talent at the forward position, but having D-men like Zadorov and Gudbranson for years to come would be great. Just my thoughts...

Eyelanders is offline   Reply With Quote