Bruins Prospect Thread Part IV

Closed Thread

Old
12-20-2012, 11:32 AM
DoubleAAAA

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bruinsfan_37 View Post
He has been very mediocre since the start of camp and now in his 1st exhibition game. I wouldn't be surprised to be honest if he loses the spot and isn't the starter going forward
Agreed based on camp and his performances so far he hasn't earned the starting role. A little worried about this team all around quite honestly. This should be a powerhouse, not looking like it at all.

Old
12-20-2012, 11:37 AM
Gator Mike

Quote:
Originally Posted by bruinsfan46 View Post
Mike Morreale ‏@mike_morreale

Based on today's special teams practice at U.S. camp, I suspect Matt Grzelcyk, who was paired with Seth Jones, will probably make the cut.
How can this be? I was told that Grzelcyk was a bust. A waste of a 3rd round pick. A midget who had no chance of ever stepping foot in an NHL rink unless his dad let him in.

Old
12-20-2012, 11:38 AM
Baddkarma

Send a message via AIM to Baddkarma
Watching the highlights Subban looked shaky on FINs third goal. However, TC looked horrible in front of him. First two goals no chance at all on 5-3s. Not worried about Subban at all.

Old
12-20-2012, 12:16 PM
Son of Donegal

Quote:
Be careful of this link. I got nabbed with a nasty virus on my work computer. Took over an hour to clean up.

Old
12-20-2012, 12:40 PM
DOGSTARMAN

1. Time to make a deal and salvage a season has almost run out.

2. Both sides are making legal maneuvers that could destabilize the entire NHL enterprise.

3. There are no negotiations scheduled.

4. The holidays started 10 days ago and continue for another 10 days, the people involved are thinking about other stuff.

5. There is a lot of accumulated bitterness.

6. There is nothing to suggest that Fehr is not willing to lose the season "if necessary."

7. There is nothing to suggest that hardline owners are not willing to lose the season "if necessary."

8. Not even Steve Burton has any optimism inspiring rumors for us right now, there are no whisperings about secret season saving meetings.

Despite all that, I am still expecting there to be some kind of season and still can't believe they could really lose a whole year once again. I really have no idea why I feel that way, just do.

Old
12-20-2012, 12:58 PM
Ludwig Fell Down

Quote:
Originally Posted by Black Eye View Post
1. Time to make a deal and salvage a season has almost run out.

2. Both sides are making legal maneuvers that could destabilize the entire NHL enterprise.

3. There are no negotiations scheduled.

4. The holidays started 10 days ago and continue for another 10 days, the people involved are thinking about other stuff.

5. There is a lot of accumulated bitterness.

6. There is nothing to suggest that Fehr is not willing to lose the season "if necessary."

7. There is nothing to suggest that hardline owners are not willing to lose the season "if necessary."

8. Not even Steve Burton has any optimism inspiring rumors for us right now, there are no whisperings about secret season saving meetings.

Despite all that, I am still expecting there to be some kind of season and still can't believe they could really lose a whole year once again. I really have no idea why I feel that way, just do.
At first I couln't figure out what this had to do with our prospects. Then I read the embedded message.

Old
12-20-2012, 01:18 PM
Roll 4 Lines
Gitchyasum!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ludwig Fell Down View Post
At first I couln't figure out what this had to do with our prospects. Then I read the embedded message.

I see what you did there.....

Old
12-20-2012, 03:20 PM
Caballo Blanco
2014 Conn Smythe

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gator Mike View Post
How can this be? I was told that Grzelcyk was a bust. A waste of a 3rd round pick. A midget who had no chance of ever stepping foot in an NHL rink unless his dad let him in.
Matthew Hunwick made the cut twice, just saying.

Old
12-21-2012, 06:42 AM
ODAAT

Quote:
Originally Posted by Son of Donegal View Post
Be careful of this link. I got nabbed with a nasty virus on my work computer. Took over an hour to clean up.
The virus came as a result of the quality of the game, not the link itself Donegal, whatta snoozer, and I say that not because Canada lost, could care less about that, it was just one heckuva ugly game

Old
12-21-2012, 11:32 AM
DaaaaB's

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gator Mike View Post
Who said that?

I've heard nothing but good things about picking him, at least from people who's opinion matters to me. I can't wait to watch him play in the WJC.

Old
12-21-2012, 04:24 PM
SpitfireIX

Quote:
Originally Posted by Caballo Blanco View Post
Matthew Hunwick made the cut twice, just saying.
True. But with a 3rd round pick if Grez ended up being Hunwick (a serviceable d-man for a couple years) I don't think we would call him a bust.

Old
12-21-2012, 09:50 PM
WestCoastBruinsFan

Quote:
Originally Posted by SpitfireIX View Post
True. But with a 3rd round pick if Grez ended up being Hunwick (a serviceable d-man for a couple years) I don't think we would call him a bust.
After watching that game, Grizz looked like a pretty intelligent, fast and heads up player. I cannot wait to see some more. I am far from an expert, but he looked good to me in a very short viewing.

Old
12-25-2012, 11:22 AM
bigbadbruins7

macolm subban getting the nod for Team Canada for their tournament opener. Let's hope he plays good and keeps the roll....except all games against USA

Old
12-25-2012, 02:20 PM
DoubleAAAA

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigbadbruins7 View Post
macolm subban getting the nod for Team Canada for their tournament opener. Let's hope he plays good and keeps the roll....except all games against USA

Lot of pressure on the kid now given how all the others performed. If he struggles Canada will eat him alive (metaphorically)

Old
12-25-2012, 03:28 PM
The Sweetness

Hey all, neutral here coming in peace.

I am wondering what you think of Spooner, his likelihood of becoming a good player and what his trade value might be, compared to someone like JT Miller, Nick Bjugstad or Ty Rattie.

I am involved in a sort of simulation game and ended up being assigned the Bruins and am trying to get a read on trade value of your prospects.

You will all be happy to know I won the Cup in the first season. Krejci won it in OT in game 7

Thanks for the help and my apologies if this was posted in the wrong forum.

Old
12-26-2012, 04:34 PM
Allaboard

Quote:
He was the second best goalie on the team up until this point. Lots of pressure now to preform. This will be great for the kid.

Old
12-28-2012, 03:35 AM
Shaun

I can't read Russian but according to eliteprospects.com this article says the Koko is returning to Windsor after WJC

http://news.sportbox.ru/Vidy_sporta/...zhen-Hohlachev

Quote:
Yep, the article says Khokhlachev goes "overseas" after this WJC and doesn't stay in Russia to the end of the season. The coach uses the words 'I think...', 'in all probability...' though.
This is the response I got from a Russian poster. Hopefully that means he'll play for the PB's when Windsor's season is done.

Last edited by Shaun: 12-28-2012 at 04:02 AM.
Old
12-28-2012, 04:15 AM
bruinsfan46

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crossfire View Post
I can't read Russian but according to eliteprospects.com this article says the Koko is returning to Windsor after WJC

This is the response I got from a Russian poster. Hopefully that means he'll play for the PB's when Windsor's season is done.
I Google Translated the article and it says Khokhlachev's dad has departed from his role as GM, not sure if fired or quit. Makes sense that the kid would leave now. The coach seems to want keep him though, likes the line he's been playing on lately.

Old
12-28-2012, 04:19 AM
Shaun

Quote:
I Google Translated the article and it says Khokhlachev's dad has departed from his role as GM, not sure if fired or quit. Makes sense that the kid would leave now. The coach seems to want keep him though, likes the line he's been playing on lately.
Yea I just saw on twitter that his dad was fired so it makes little sense for him to stay there. Good news for the Bruins that he's coming back early...maybe early enough to earn a spot on that 3rd line LW spot if theres a season.

Old
12-28-2012, 07:57 AM
bigbadbruins7

Matt Grzelyck was apparently cut from tea USA at the WJC

Old
12-28-2012, 08:23 AM
DaaaaB's

Quote:
Matt Grzelyck was apparently cut from tea USA at the WJC
So, they took him to Russia and then cut him. How messed up is that?

Old
12-28-2012, 11:48 AM
Kosikarzzz

Send a message via MSN to Kosikarzzz Send a message via Skype™ to Kosikarzzz
Quote:
Originally Posted by Crossfire View Post

Don't expect to see him in a Windsor uniform. Wouldn't surprised if his rights are already traded. Just waiting until the WRD jrs are done

Old
12-28-2012, 05:48 PM
Shaun

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kosikarzzz View Post
Don't expect to see him in a Windsor uniform. Wouldn't surprised if his rights are already traded. Just waiting until the WRD jrs are done
I don't know Rychel could keep him to have him spoon feed Kerby and help build his draft stock.

Old
12-28-2012, 06:14 PM
bigbadbruins7

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaaaaB's View Post
So, they took him to Russia and then cut him. How messed up is that?
yeah i know. it really sucks. would have been so much better if they had just cut him before the tournamnent. he was hanging around wiht the team for two days during the tournament. even if it was sieloff i wish they would have done it better

Old
01-01-2013, 08:36 PM
Mione134

in other news Seth Griffith has taken over the OHL points* lead from Ryan Strome tonight.

One things for sure, is that the kid can score and dish it out. I'm rooting for him to make it to the NHL one day.

Last edited by Mione134: 01-01-2013 at 08:47 PM.
Closed Thread