HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk Trade rumors, transactions, and free agent talk. Rumors must contain the word RUMOR in post title. Proposals must contain the word PROPOSAL in post title.

Los Angeles - Philadelphia

Old
12-27-2012, 04:51 PM
BobbyClarkeFan16

vCash: 500
Los Angeles - Philadelphia

I think this proposal will drive most Flyers fans insane. I also think Los Angeles fans might not be too happy with this proposal either, so I think it's safe to say it should make for interesting conversation.

With that being said, we all know that the Flyers have a need with regards to addressing the blue line. In terms of the Kings, there's several defensemen in the pipeline that are probably ready for full time duty. So, I've come up with the following. Flame away.

To Los Angeles: Claude Giroux, Andrej Meszaros, Erik Gustafsson
To Philadelphia: Anze Kopitar, Vyacheslav Voyonov, Thomas Hickey

Anyways, I'm not very keen on giving up Giroux, but to get a guy like Kopitar in return definitely softens the blow. As for the defense, the Flyers get a young offensive guy in Voyonov (who would be a great fit to play along Coburn or Grossmann and be mentored by Timonen) and Hickey would get a fresh start in a new location.

As for Los Angeles, they get a guy in Giroux who immediately steps into Kopitar's spot and they get a guy in Meszaros who has the big bomb from the point. As for Gustafsson, he would be the number 5 - 6 guy on the team and would help with the offense as well.

Alright, ready to watch people go nuts over this proposal.........

BobbyClarkeFan16 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-27-2012, 04:54 PM
Telos
In Dean We Trust

vCash: 424
Send a message via ICQ to Telos Send a message via AIM to Telos Send a message via MSN to Telos Send a message via Yahoo to Telos
Neither side would want this. You are right, this proposal would drive both fanbases insane

Also, if the Flyers were giving up Giroux to address the blue line, I would think that they would want more than Voynov and Hickey. Kopitar and Giroux are kind of non-essential in the deal and shouldn't be considered by either side.

Nothing in the deal is really appealing to either side. Especially at the expense of swapping their star centers... Both of those centers currently lavish under very different systems right now that both teams and coaches would be wary of mixing up. They are already ideal fits for their respective clubs.

It is just a deal to make a deal and doesn't address either team's true needs. The value isn't deplorable, though obviously most would argue that the Kings are getting the best deal here, but it doesn't address any of LA's needs and it has very questionable results for Philly to be getting a couple of young defensemen, which are ultimately question marks, for such value.

“This is for you Kings fans wherever you may be. All the frustration and disappointment of the past is gone. The 45 year drought is over. The Los Angeles Kings are indeed the Kings of the National Hockey League. They are the 2012 Stanley Cup Champions!” - Bob Miller

Last edited by Telos: 12-27-2012 at 05:06 PM.
Telos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-27-2012, 04:58 PM
laundryman

Interesting. It's hard to say because Giroux is a step above Kopitar but Voynov is a step above Meszaros. Seems to even it out a bit.

I'd say a polite no from each side.

laundryman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-27-2012, 05:30 PM
FrozenKing18
Top Drawer!

That's a no, thank you for me.

FrozenKing18 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-27-2012, 05:38 PM
Snotbubbles

Quote:
Originally Posted by BobbyClarkeFan16 View Post
I think this proposal will drive most Flyers fans insane. I also think Los Angeles fans might not be too happy with this proposal either, so I think it's safe to say it should make for interesting conversation.

With that being said, we all know that the Flyers have a need with regards to addressing the blue line. In terms of the Kings, there's several defensemen in the pipeline that are probably ready for full time duty. So, I've come up with the following. Flame away.

To Los Angeles: Claude Giroux, Andrej Meszaros, Erik Gustafsson
To Philadelphia: Anze Kopitar, Vyacheslav Voyonov, Thomas Hickey

Anyways, I'm not very keen on giving up Giroux, but to get a guy like Kopitar in return definitely softens the blow. As for the defense, the Flyers get a young offensive guy in Voyonov (who would be a great fit to play along Coburn or Grossmann and be mentored by Timonen) and Hickey would get a fresh start in a new location.

As for Los Angeles, they get a guy in Giroux who immediately steps into Kopitar's spot and they get a guy in Meszaros who has the big bomb from the point. As for Gustafsson, he would be the number 5 - 6 guy on the team and would help with the offense as well.

Alright, ready to watch people go nuts over this proposal.........
If I was trading Giroux, I would have just did it for Shea Weber.

Snotbubbles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-27-2012, 05:43 PM
PayItForward

Both sides say no IMO.

PayItForward is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-27-2012, 06:11 PM
Sybil227

Just out of curiosity, is there some sort of disease in Philadelphia that makes the Flyers want to trade away their #1 center every year?

Sybil227 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-27-2012, 08:36 PM
Richie Daggers Crime
Fistie Daggers Crime

Teams aren't gonna flip their young franchise centers just for a young defenseman.

Richie Daggers Crime is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-27-2012, 09:36 PM
King'sPawn
Enjoy the chaos

It's clever and interesting, and even though I would never want it to happen, it's not the type of proposal that makes me laugh or incite rage.

I'm just very happy with both Kopitar and Voynov on the Kings. I'd love to see the Kings get Giroux, but at the same time there's no reason for two teams to swap top line core centers.

King'sPawn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-27-2012, 10:52 PM
Stizzle

Flyers fans would riot. You can only trade Giroux for an extreme overpayment.

Stizzle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-27-2012, 11:00 PM
Roo Mad Bro
U havin a giggle m8?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stizzle View Post
It's not like Kopitar is a scrub

Both teams wouldn't do it, because it's just unnecessary. Both teams are content with their star centers and have zero incentive to move them.

Roo Mad Bro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-27-2012, 11:31 PM
PALE PWNR

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stizzle View Post
You're a homer. That said, I don't see the reason for this deal. Kopitar and Giroux basically cancel eachother out with a slight edge to Giroux. So the meat of the deal is Meszaros and Gustaffson for Voynov and Hickey. I don't really see the point to be honest.

PALE PWNR is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
12-28-2012, 12:04 AM
Vipers31
Advanced Stagnostic

Quote:
Originally Posted by PALE PWNR View Post
You're a homer. That said, I don't see the reason for this deal. Kopitar and Giroux basically cancel eachother out with a slight edge to Giroux. So the meat of the deal is Meszaros and Gustaffson for Voynov and Hickey. I don't really see the point to be honest.
I can't see it to be overly homerish. In that deal, "the meat of it" would never be what's left, it would always be Giroux and Kopitar, and even if one was to only give a "slight" edge to Giroux, that would be the "meat" of such a deal, with everything else being a bit of an deserved aftersight. I'm not going to go as far as to say the Kings should want this, but my guess would be that the Flyers are quicker to pull the plug on such discussions quicker, to say the least. I don't see them cancelling each other out that much right now.

Vipers31 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-28-2012, 12:17 AM
BrindamoursNose

I just say no because I like Kopitar, but I love Giroux. The other pieces from don't make me happy enough to give up G.

We already traded one center to LA that we shouldn't have...I'd rather not do it twice.

BrindamoursNose is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-28-2012, 12:35 AM
KingCanadain1976

this king fan also says a polite no to me kopitar is the better center slightly because his defensive skill . the defenseman swap is interesting but id rather have slava. Not sure on the hickey vs Erik Gustafsson as im not familar with gustafsson but im happy enuff with hickey and feel he may yet crack the kings lineup
so a no from this kings fan

KingCanadain1976 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
12-28-2012, 07:12 AM
KingKopitar11*
Drew Doughty Eh?

Oh hell no.

KingKopitar11* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-28-2012, 07:15 AM
KingKopitar11*
Drew Doughty Eh?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sybil227 View Post
Just out of curiosity, is there some sort of disease in Philadelphia that makes the Flyers want to trade away their #1 center every year?
I remember telling a ducks fan that we would get Ryan and he said that he would probably go to the flyers.. I was said where do flyers end up. Ha

KingKopitar11* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-28-2012, 07:39 AM
thadd
Oil4Life

Send a message via MSN to thadd
The kings just won a cup. Why are they going to give up their #1 center and Voynov?

Of course Phlly fans will say no, but Kings fans should be shouting no louder.

thadd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-28-2012, 09:06 AM
Drew311
Bustlander

To LA: Giroux, Hartnell and Coburn

To Philly: Kopitar and Doughty

Drew311 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-28-2012, 09:21 AM
SFKingshomer

Absolutely not

SFKingshomer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-28-2012, 09:34 AM
rajuabju

I do the OP proposal simply because everything we get from Philly turns to solid gold.

rajuabju is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-28-2012, 11:37 AM
RJ8812
Hellooooo ladiiiies

You're basically swapping Kopitar and Giroux with four other players.The trade would make more sense without them

RJ8812 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
12-28-2012, 01:06 PM
Bmessy

So how are you guys comparing Giroux and Kopitar? I've been a Kopitar fan for quite some time and Giroux is obviously world class. Both top tier players. Kopitar a more all-around great player and Giroux the more prolific scorer? Some insight from people who get to watch them on a consistent basis would be interesting

Bmessy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-28-2012, 01:10 PM
BrindamoursNose

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bmessy View Post
So how are you guys comparing Giroux and Kopitar? I've been a Kopitar fan for quite some time and Giroux is obviously world class. Both top tier players. Kopitar a more all-around great player and Giroux the more prolific scorer? Some insight from people who get to watch them on a consistent basis would be interesting
The way I compare it...

Kopitar is better defensively, Giroux is better offensively. Since he's a forward and I'm looking to have a top of the line center, it's more important to me that the center is more offensively maxed out than well-rounded. That's just me.

I love Kopitar, but I love Giroux just a little bit more.

BrindamoursNose is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-28-2012, 02:12 PM
KingCanadain1976

Quote:
Originally Posted by BrindamoursNose View Post
The way I compare it...

Kopitar is better defensively, Giroux is better offensively. Since he's a forward and I'm looking to have a top of the line center, it's more important to me that the center is more offensively maxed out than well-rounded. That's just me.

I love Kopitar, but I love Giroux just a little bit more.
i totally again with your accessment but i would go the opposite way to me id rather be more defensive minded. To me a good defense can beat a good offense but that sorta what this board is for. Different points of veiw coming to to debate things.

KingCanadain1976 is online now   Reply With Quote